• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Didn't mean it in a bad way.

If anything, not bothering to correct everything adds to your charm :p
i know ya didn't lol, still sorry on my poor grammer, also kinda embarrassing how a native french speaker speaks better english then someone who is a native english spaker XD

lol well thanks :p not sure what kinda charm that is though

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finally got myself sorted out on a new 4K TV after my last one broke. I was also able to start on a better general setup for all of my consoles since it's a little smaller and the stand fits on the old TV desk we have. I can actually sit on a couch and game now! My PC will also be going here when I get it all up and running (the case I bought couldn't fit my GPU but my brother already ordered a more suitable one for me since he advised me to get the one I did lol).

IMG_20180522_203515.jpg

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
i know ya didn't lol, still sorry on my poor grammer, also kinda embarrassing how a native french speaker speaks better english then someone who is a native english spaker XD
To be fair, French is a much harder language, so managing to be decent at it makes English way easier :p

lol well thanks :p not sure what kinda charm that is though
A charm that makes me enjoy being your friend and pray that I won't get stab wounds

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In order:
Oh cool
Waht
**** this *****

I'd main Lakitu as a punching bag

Same here, my friends had been drinking and smoking ever since they were 15 but I've always refused to go along with it. Focusing on the alcohol bit since that's the point of discussion here, I never really liked the idea of not having full control of myself and the such. Doesn't help that I always hesr it tastes horribly so it just makes me go "why???".
Like, what's the appeal of drinking piss and vomiting all over the restroom?

It isn't that hard tbh. Make them do despicable things but have them basically make it so that they have no other choice.
For example, an assassin-for-hire forced into the job to survive but who still coldly kills their victims without remorse.
When you say it that, yes, it sound easy.

However, the vilain in my story is quit...well, I'm not going to reveal too much about them since it be a big spoiler, but I am going to try my best to explain in short their story and why it may be hard to find a balance between their horrible act, and the reason they act that way. (then again, I may look too deep into it, feel free to correct me if I am overlooking).

So, in order:

1) They are a artifical lifeform created by apathic scientifists. (note, none of them are humans, so empathy and those kind of stuff don't apply for them)

2) Despite making sure they wouldn't feel anything, this new lifeform is still able to feel emotion like you and me. So, what does the scientifist does? Do horrible experiment on them that, for the most part, kill them over and over again in horrible fashion. They want to create the ultimate lifeform (:mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::4mewtwo:) so they don't want to bother with such useless things as emotions. So they just expect that the newly born creature will just stop "feeling" and just "think". (the newborn ability to regenerate being so good, it's basically a curse for them)

3)Despite the mentionned tortures for countless time, the creature still manage to remain somewhat sane and able to feel emotions. However, as you can guess, they are now pretty **** up in the head. Since among physical torture, they also got inflicted with emotionial torture, which warp their notions of right and wrong and thus, give a reason as to why some of their actions later on are so souless and horrible.

I'm going to stop for now, but tell me if what I descrive give the ground for a vilain who fit those rules.

Also, note that the creature is a shapeshifter who can become litteraly anything and can even change the appearance of others through rather horrible way, so imagine what sort of horrifying scenario a creature like this can inflict to poor innocents.

depressing morning? anything ya wanna talk about dude? :x

ya....i kinda dislike reddit as well, to me its just a mess

....you really aren't that old if your just 29 red

**** my oldest brother gonna be 25 soon

know that well .-. having literally lived up in a large family and surrounded with my sibligns its always awkward toend up being all alone in your house

sorry

hes not a ****head but LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf could give ya some pointers of himself beign himself

katt kinda interested this lol
Eh, not thanks, I don't want to join your...friendly discussion.:4ness:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yes, Shiro is quite a good wall on the enemy phase. He's been clutch in many battles for me.

If you're looking for good teammates for Shiro, the number one teammate he should have is a Reinhardt or green mage counter. Sigurd, Julia, and Deirdre (the latter two equipped with G Tomebreaker) are good picks for that. He can also benefit from having a good support unit that can heal him. It doesn't necessarily have to be healer, but I found that a unit with Fury+Renewal+Reciprocal Aid can make a good healer for Shiro while also functioning as a strong backup attacker. My Brave Lucina does exactly that and makes a good teammate for Shiro. You could also try a similar deal with a Falchion user equipped with Infantry Pulse, Renewal, and Reciprocal Aid for a similar affect (assuming you have a unit like that).
I actually do have some units set up like this. In chain challenge my second team usually has julia built like how you described, masked lucina as the RA healer, and normal Reinhardt. With the last team member usually Olivia. So I have those units to help him out for a team. I’ll try them out down the line. Thanks for the tips!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
To be fair, French is a much harder language, so managing to be decent at it makes English way easier :p

A charm that makes me enjoy being your friend and pray that I won't get stab wounds
well awesome on your talents~

....why would i stab you? :V
meh that one time he just was grumpy -3-

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
well awesome on your talents~

....why would i stab you? :V

meh that one time he just was grumpy -3-
'still prefer to talk with someone I can be sure won't be "grumpy" about it. I'm quit serious on this subject, as making a good concept into a bad vilain is such an easy thing to do if you don't know what you are doing.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
'still prefer to talk with someone I can be sure won't be "grumpy" about it. I'm quit serious on this subject, as making a good concept into a bad vilain is such an easy thing to do if you don't know what you are doing.
Something something humanity ****s up our planet something

That good enough?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Good thing I'm not using my Drunkle Qrow username and title anymore lol

Cider is some damn fine stuff

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Something something humanity ****s up our planet something

That good enough?
If the vilain I was making was from earth, yeah, I guess it could work.

But since this is more "nihilism, TO THE EXTREME (like, nihilism on the whole universe kind of nihilism)", it's more complicate imo to make something like that seem well-written, and not edgy ****fest. (which is the thing I like avoid like pest)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Less than a year from being able to drink myself.

I can't picture myself doing it terribly often, let alone enough to frequently get drunk.

___

I'd be overjoyed if we got some news on Pikmin 4 at E3 (specifically gameplay footage)

At least the wait time hasn't been nearly as bad as it was Pikmin 3 (nearly a ten year time span between the release dates of Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like me purposely not evolving my larvitar was a good idea

I've been trying to guess the next Pokemon Go community day, and all I could think of was Larvitar.

Turns out it was

D

Deleted member

When you say it that, yes, it sound easy.

However, the vilain in my story is quit...well, I'm not going to reveal too much about them since it be a big spoiler, but I am going to try my best to explain in short their story and why it may be hard to find a balance between their horrible act, and the reason they act that way. (then again, I may look too deep into it, feel free to correct me if I am overlooking).

So, in order:

1) They are a artifical lifeform created by apathic scientifists. (note, none of them are humans, so empathy and those kind of stuff don't apply for them)

2) Despite making sure they wouldn't feel anything, this new lifeform is still able to feel emotion like you and me. So, what does the scientifist does? Do horrible experiment on them that, for the most part, kill them over and over again in horrible fashion. They want to create the ultimate lifeform (:mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::4mewtwo:) so they don't want to bother with such useless things as emotions. So they just expect that the newly born creature will just stop "feeling" and just "think". (the newborn ability to regenerate being so good, it's basically a curse for them)

3)Despite the mentionned tortures for countless time, the creature still manage to remain somewhat sane and able to feel emotions. However, as you can guess, they are now pretty **** up in the head. Since among physical torture, they also got inflicted with emotionial torture, which warp their notions of right and wrong and thus, give a reason as to why some of their actions later on are so souless and horrible.

I'm going to stop for now, but tell me if what I descrive give the ground for a vilain who fit those rules.

Also, note that the creature is a shapeshifter who can become litteraly anything and can even change the appearance of others through rather horrible way, so imagine what sort of horrifying scenario a creature like this can inflict to poor innocents.

Mine was just a reaply basic example tbh.
And I mean, you already did it yourself, obvious comparison to Mewtwo aside, the torturing aspect already makes them somewhat symoathetic since all of their horrific **** can be attributed to that. I think a good way to make them more sympathetic is to show that, had they not gone through all that, they would have been completely different.
It's a good concept and you already have a good base for it so I don't see what you're struggling with.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of the Pikmin games, for all of you fans of the franchise who've played all of the games (Minus "Hey Pikmin!"), which one would you say is your favorite?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Aight that's a little harsh.

We're all random nobodies on the internet here. But we're still people.

Kid's methods are a little overzealous but the intent is still good. Ain't a need to get hostile.
Yeah that's my bad. Won't go into detail why but I was in a crappy mood and took it out on him. Sorry about that @ShinyLegendary.

D

Deleted member

Yeah that's my bad. Won't go into detail why but I was in a crappy mood and took it out on him. Sorry about that @ShinyLegendary.
I will forgive you. :)

It is just.... E3 is the only thing that can help me at this point, because my mood has not been great this month. I have either been stressed, or mad.

I still feel bad for annoying Mythra and I should of not overreacted over a joke. :/

Also some guy I do not know is calling me like crazy.

Speaking of the Pikmin games, for all of you fans of the franchise who've played all of the games (Minus "Hey Pikmin!"), which one would you say is you favorite?
3, easily.

Wasn't a huge fan of pikmin 2's dungeons, although i was the game that got me into the series because it had no time limit.

Pikmin 1 was cool (and is the one I played last ironically) and was pretty good.

Pikmin 3, however, was stupendous. Being able to control 3 captains was fun, all of the upgrades the series had gone over was great, being rewarded for doing well but still having a generous time limit is great. And Goddamn the game is beautiful. It's one of my favorite wii u games, and as it was one of the first I played, sold me on the system.
:061:

Chrono.

The artist himself tweeted about it. lol
The fallout from this is gonna be something.

People have been suspicious about him for years.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mine was just a reaply basic example tbh.
And I mean, you already did it yourself, obvious comparison to Mewtwo aside, the torturing aspect already makes them somewhat symoathetic since all of their horrific **** can be attributed to that. I think a good way to make them more sympathetic is to show that, had they not gone through all that, they would have been completely different.
It's a good concept and you already have a good base for it so I don't see what you're struggling with.
I think what is worrying me is that, some events can make a character so unlikeable, that no matter what freudian excuse they can have, the line have been crossed so far that it's not even a debate as to whatever they are a ****head or not.

Like, ****, we both know **** is a really touchy subject that you don't joke around if you are a little bit sane. Notably, I have seen alot of story using **** in bad fashion or shock value, which detract whatever quality they might have in the first place.

In my story for exemple, the creature fall in love with the hero after said hero saved her after she was going to commit suicide for reason then unknown.

After some days of them knowing better each other, the creature, not understanding what is right and wrong liek I said, decide to read the memories of the hero, who, due to tragic event, doesn't want to share them at all. He wake up, but the creature use her shapeshifting ability to make the hero fall in love with her against his will, and then have sex with him before making him forget the whole ordeal. Basically ****** him in a way.

The day after, he does remember, and he is understanbly ****ing piss, especially since the hero was in love with another woman, so getting **** by someone who you trusted higly enough, especially after you said you didn't want to share why you feel so horrible for the pass days. Is a really, really horrible act to do, imo.

Through, to note here, the creature does feel bad at this moment, even if they can't understand why since again, their morals and mentaly are so ****, they didn't understand the gravity of their action.

Especially because, before meeting the hero, they charmed and killed countless traveler on the planet they were, torturing even some of them to feel above someone else (kinda how some psychopath torture their victim to feel superior to others). Since the scientifst decided to test their new weapon by basically throwing on a abandoned planet and to survive for atleast 2 years~ alone and without ressource before they come back to take them back.

So really, does basically being broken in every way at birth can justify the horrible act you commited later on? Even when you know somewhere deep inside you how horrible what you have done? Some may say yes, others may say no, and that's what I want: a antagonist that make peoples debate about their action. And not just make them "lol, I am so evuls, I beat children, ohhhh" kind of evil.

...Through, between you and me, I think I can describe all of my rambling as, "does my ideas make sense in and out-universe?". Because, I kinda doubt alot about my ideas, even when I know I shouldn't. :/

D

Deleted member

Speaking of the Pikmin games, for all of you fans of the franchise who've played all of the games (Minus "Hey Pikmin!"), which one would you say is your favorite?
Pikmin 2.

- LOADS of content.
- Cooperation between the 2 captains.
- Purple Pikmin's OPness.
- Treasures referencing real-life objects
- A lot of new and original bosses.
- Awesome 2P and Challenge modes.
- The game's overall atmosphere.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
HI KON :b:

Sibling rivalry at its finest :V
Hello Uni.
How, how cute, such lovely sibling love, reminds me of my interactions with my sister.
If you are the Katt of that relationship i have pity towards your sister.
LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf
We should get to know each other more.
. . . Okay? I'm Kon. The brat's older brother, that's about all i got to say.
hes not a ****head but LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf could give ya some pointers of himself beign himself
I'm not sure whether to thank you for preemptively disregarding me of it at the beginning. Or to to hate you for still believing i qualify. . . Never mind i already have the answer.

D

Deleted member

Hello Uni.

If you are the Katt of that relationship i have pity towards your sister.

. . . Okay? I'm Kon. The brat's older brother, that's about all i got to say.

I'm not sure whether to thank you for preemptively disregarding me of it at the beginning. Or to to hate you for still believing i qualify. . . Never mind i already have the answer.
"Calling your younger sister a brat in front of strangers"
3.gif

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
know that well .-. having literally lived up in a large family and surrounded with my sibligns its always awkward toend up being all alone in your house
Living alone most of the time it doesn't feel awkward at all for me.

I kinda prefer it that way TBH. I think and feel best when i'm secluded. Kinda like an introvert to an extreme.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
@Shishœ

Sorry for quitting out right now, especially since it's probably not easy to make all sense of what I writted, but it's starting to be really late here, I have work tomorrow, and my writting is only going to get worse anyway. if I continue

So, be sure to know I will read whatever you post the morning after. I hope my previous post made sense (I am quit bad at explaining the overall point on this kind of stuff).

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Life hasn't been too harsh on you, has it?

Aside from Katt, of course :p
No, its been improving since my ribs recovered, back to be in the office again since the explosion and back to work. Though having about a month or so of time off to catch back on up to the world was rather relieving. Life flies by you if you aren't to careful of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom