• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, yeah, I got that. Only Sony rips Nintendo off, after all :troll:

But jokes aside, while they aren't the same thing, they still bring the same idea; play games on the go and at home.

They just execute it differently.
Not really, the Super Gameboy is just an add-on for the SNES that allows you to play Gameboy games on your SNES. You don't need to own a Gameboy, so it doesn't provide a handheld experience. If you wanted to play handheld, you had to buy an actual Gameboy. If you wanted Gameboy games on your TV, you had to buy a SNES and a Super Gameboy. That's three completely different products.

The SEGA Nomad is directly comparable to the Switch. It's a handheld SEGA Mega Drive that also has a video output port for connecting it to your TV. Just one purchase like the Switch.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not really, the Super Gameboy is just an add-on for the SNES that allows you to play Gameboy games on your SNES. You don't need to own a Gameboy, so it doesn't provide a handheld experience. If you wanted to play handheld, you had to buy an actual Gameboy. If you wanted Gameboy games on your TV, you had to buy a SNES and a Super Gameboy. That's three completely different products.

The SEGA Nomad is directly comparable to the Switch. It's a handheld SEGA Mega Drive that also has a video output port for connecting it to your TV. Just one purchase like the Switch.
I could argue that the Super Game Boy offers the option, like the Switch. You just needed to buy a Game Boy. Essentially, it’s a lot like PS Vita’s “Remote Play” in concept.

But yeah, Nomad sounds hype.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Weirdly, if you owned a Super Game Boy...you did own an actual Game Boy. Just not one with a screen.

They didn't have the power to emulate the board for the Game Boy, so they stuck it in there. All the processing bits are the same.

Doesn't change your point. Just interesting trivia.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The name Nomad is really good too. Fits perfectly for a handheld device. Too bad it wasn't successful at the time.

Just think of the alternate timeline where the Nintendo Switch is the Nintendo Nomad. Nothing else of the timeline would change, just the name.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The name Nomad is really good too. Fits perfectly for a handheld device. Too bad it wasn't successful at the time.

Just think of the alternate timeline where the Nintendo Switch is the Nintendo Nomad. Nothing else of the timeline would change, just the name.
The aliteration is just great, not gonna lie.

Sega Switch
Nintendo Nomad

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So, I played Skullgirls Single player mode for the first time... with Nintendo Switch Pro Controller...
A took me a while to do this again because my Pro always fails to connect after a while because the Bluetooth of my PC crew up, now it works well and no sudden disconnection whatsoever.

Because it's on Steam the button mapping really confusing, I think I need to check reddit for more detail and get the hang of combos. Because I first go easy mode it took me 6 tries to beat Skullgirl...

The block is a bit mediocre, standard for traditional fighting games but a bit hard to block compare to BBCTB...

In the future, I will try and buy Tales of Berseria and Nino Kuni II on Steam and play with my Xenoblade 2 ver. Pro Controller.

Speaking of Xenoblade 2, Xenoblade 2 Soundtrack is coming today
BUT, I didn't buy it... yet...
Hopefully someone can sell the Type A edition out in the future... but it will be hard since they will be in scalper price.

Even B is pretty hard to get.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You know the hype is getting to them when a good amount of people are falling for the most obvious wish fulfillment fake leak ever.
A destroyed, post-apocalyptic Kanto region that has been split into several islands? Okay, now that caught my interest.

A Kanto region changed into that potentially means the region could finally gain a more interesting geographic flair compared to the same old Kanto we've been exposed to for a while.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also this game that I was interested is coming to the west.

I guess those Joy Con straps are finally going to be used.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dongs are expanding.

Oh ****! This looks WAY better than I ever imagined. Rabbid Cranky better talk like the real one or I'll be upset. And it doesn't look like the other 7 heroes are getting any action this time. But I'm not watching anymore beyond the trailer as going in blind is far more surprising.

And here's a brand new Octo Expansion video (jeez, how many does Nintendo have for us?)

And finally...

Z E3 1.png

:eek:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That sound you hear is a hundred Arena hopefuls shuddering at once.

Screenshot_20180522-125825.png

One down, two to go.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Welp. The ZUCC is getting questioned by European Parliment. Can't wait to see how the world's most famous Automaton handles the situation. And by that I mean I'm very slightly unnerved.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So the Overwatch Anniversary event is up now. And luck shined upon me with the Legendary Anniversary Lootbox, which, so far as I've heard, gives you one of the Anniversary skins(at the very least, I have not heard of anybody getting a non-Anniversary skin besides if a 2nd Legendary is gotten). I could've gotten one of the 4 skins I missed from last Anniversary, but it was very nice to me and gave me the Forest Spirit Orisa Skin. :love: It also gave me Magni Torbjorn as well, which is also nice.

And without hesitation, I have upgraded my +SPD Ares to 5*. And already I gave him Vantage and Hone Cavalry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got drunk last night watching Thor Ragnerok.

I think it was good. Lol
Do not get drunk.
Being drunk is bad.
Try to not do that again.
Edit: too harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Posting this with absolutely no context at all:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do not get drunk.
Being drunk is bad and you should be ashamed of yourself.
That's a bit much shiny....

Telling someone they should be ashamed of themselves is pretty ****** up. If your in a safe environment( home or at a friend's) and aren't doing anything crazy, then your fine if drunk. The next day might be a little rough, but there's nothing wrong with drinking if done safely.

So I would dial it a back. You were the one complaining that you thought a joke was offensive, when it wasn't, but now you just insulted someone for no reason.

Can't have it both ways pal.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Trying to remember the last 5* I got off a free pull.

Screenshot_20180522-134210.png

Well, before this one, anyway.

Screenshot_20180522-134219.png

Go go gadget pity breaker.

Knew I should've pulled on brides first, but I'll take what I can get.

D

Deleted member

That's a bit much shiny....

Telling someone they should be ashamed of themselves is pretty ****** up. If your in a safe environment( home or at a friend's) and aren't doing anything crazy, then your fine if drunk. The next day might be a little rough, but there's nothing wrong with drinking if done safely.

So I would dial it a back. You were the one complaining that you thought a joke was offensive, when it wasn't, but now you just insulted someone for no reason.

Can't have it both ways pal.
Yes, I am aware of how harsh my response was.
I edited it so it would come off as less harsh.
Drinking is okay, but drinking until you are drunk is not okay. Trust me, my cousin is not going down a good path. I think he is drunk all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So who should I refine first?

Lilina's Forblaze for the built-in DB3?
or
Disgusting's Siegmund for the follow-up attack skill?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Drinking is okay, but drinking until you are drunk is not okay. Trust me, my cousin is not going down a good path. I think he is drunk all the time.
There's a very big difference between getting drunk every once in a while and being an alcoholic.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Again being drunk is fine unless you get problematic with. Just because someone got drunk once in awhile, does not make it bad.

Trust, I know plenty of people who drink, and I'm only a few months away from being legally allowed too. As I said being drunk in a safe environment and not getting drunk all the time really isn't wrong. 70% of the world I would say probably has been drunk at one point or another.

Its a natural occurrence. As long as your safe and get yourself together the next day and it doesn't harm you, then its not that big of a deal.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

or
Depends on which one of your units has better IV's and what the rest of your barracks look like. If one of the two have not so good IV's, then it might be better on the other one. And if you need more of a better red mage, go Lilina, if you need a lance user, go the disgusting path. Know that the disgusting lord can also refine his weapon to the flame Siegmund, but I think his regular refine works better, since he's an infantry user.

So yeah, it's pretty much what you feel you need. If I had to choose, I think Ephraim gives so much support and his refine makes him an absoulte monster, so I'd go with him. But double death blow Lilina can one-shot most of the units in the game too, so either option is good.

Chrono.

I am aware of that, but I do not want Aurane to keep on getting drunk.
Why do you care? And why would he care? You're just a random nobody on the internet.

Honestly you gotta back off with this because its not the first time you've done it and people keep telling you to stop.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

or
Depends on which one of your units has better IV's and what the rest of your barracks look like. If one of the two have not so good IV's, then it might be better on the other one. And if you need more of a better red mage, go Lilina, if you need a lance user, go the disgusting path. Know that the disgusting lord can also refine his weapon to the flame Siegmund, but I think his regular refine works better, since he's an infantry user.

So yeah, it's pretty much what you feel you need. If I had to choose, I think Ephraim gives so much support and his refine makes him an absoulte monster, so I'd go with him. But double death blow Lilina can one-shot most of the units in the game too, so either option is good.
I would definitely choose based on the factors Apollo mentioned.

Disgusting is a good wall but liliana can be a tactical nuke to enemies. So it depends. Even with neutral attack she reaches around 63 attack if using double death blow. Which is powerful. So essentially you could go for a wall who can pick up kills after a bit of fighting, or a glass cannon who can hit hard but is prettt frail so must be protected or moves with a singer or dancer.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Why do you care? And why would he care? You're just a random nobody on the internet.

Honestly you gotta back off with this because its not the first time you've done it and people keep telling you to stop.
Aight that's a little harsh.

We're all random nobodies on the internet here. But we're still people.

Kid's methods are a little overzealous but the intent is still good. Ain't a need to get hostile.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

or
Depends on what you need, really.

Flame Siegmund is never a bad idea though.

There's a very big difference between getting drunk every once in a while and being an alcoholic.
As someone who is the former, I can confirm.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So what's go--

*reads the page*

Welp, I'd rather not get involved in this one. All I'm gonna say is I've never been drunk, and never want to experience it because I fear what my drunk personality would be (and I've been noticing it's more of a flirting drunk when I'm buzzed). So while I'm not crazy about alcohol like most people my age, I'm gonna say it's okay IF you're in a safe environment and with people you trust your life with.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I prefer drinking with friends.

And even then its not many cans.

Yesterday was an acception. Sometimes, it just goes down like spring water. Especially when you're having a good time.

If I'm a bad person, or whatever, because of that, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom