• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So Resident Evil 7 is coming to Nintendo Switch!

Except it's a cloud version, so it's only streamed.

And after 15 minutes of free play, you have to buy a ticket to keep playing which only lasts 180 days.

And it's currently Japan only.

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/resi...nounced-for-switch-launches-this-coming-week/

I guess the region free nature gets around the Japan only stuff, unless streamed games are locked for whatever reason.
Capcom...

You need a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Stuff like this making me worry about the Switch port quality of the Mega Man Legacy Collections (outside of its retail release BS which is why I went digital)

Chrono.

This is just Capcom trying to experiment with Cloud Gaming, and I get it.

But Resident Evil 7 as their first guinea pig for it feels off lol.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, this seems like a doomed port.

European Football still came first though, its been a thing in England since before Europeans went to the Americas though, seriously look it up, it just was more brutal cause whole towns would play other whole towns.

Also something I realised about Star Fox the other day, its the series Nintendo, when the dev team in Kyoto is making it, has always used new hardware and tech on, don't believe me, here:

Original: FX Chip
64: Rumble pack
Command: Touch screen
Zero: Gamepad

Assualt and Adventures are the out lairs cause they weren't made by the dev team had the head office in Kyoto.
It's not even really a port since the Switch won't really be running the game. It's pretty much just there to display the game for you and pick up your inputs. The game will be running on a server.

And the time limit will probably let Capcom pull the plug if doesn't work out, meaning the game will disappear from your Switch like RE4's Gamecube exclusivity.

lol capcom.

I want to say "it's better than noting" but inafune left Capcom ages ago :troll:

Did my first ascencions in FGO jsut for fun. AccelZero Assasin, F/SN archer, and Zero Lancer.

Assasin go spooky which is okay.

But Archer took of his jacket and diarmud took off his entire damn shirt and my bi ass doesn't know if I can handle that much man on a single team :lol:

Ivander

Smash Legend

And after 15 minutes of free play, you have to buy a ticket to keep playing which only lasts 180 days.

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/resi...nounced-for-switch-launches-this-coming-week/

I guess the region free nature gets around the Japan only stuff, unless streamed games are locked for whatever reason.
What is this Cloud Gaming stuff? And why should it be prioritised over digital download or even a physical release? :glare:

Edit: I mean, if you are going to only play it for a short time or one playthrough or enough for 6 months, I guess that's a benefit for those who don't want to pay $80 dollars for a copy. But that online-only hassle still hurts it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, maybe Monster Hunter World can come to the Switch after all.

Just... Not in the way people want.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, maybe Monster Hunter World can come to the Switch after all.

Just... Not in the way people want.
At least even if that doesn't happen, we still get Generations Ultimate.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No wonder Dark Ura was such a failure :troll:
Dark Ura isn't me though. The guy ****ing died by slipping on a banana peel for crying out loud.
Dark Ura reminds me of a child trying act like a villain in their imaginary stories.
Well he is "broken" (seeing as how kids make their characters ridiculously broken) given that not even the fires of hell can affect him. Only slipping on a banana peel was enough to finally put him down. :)

Wow...

I don't even know what to say. This is the most Capcom thing ever...

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that wants Nintendo to own Mega Man?
I feel like Capcom is not giving enough to my blue bomber robot boy. :4megaman:

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Am I the only one that wants Nintendo to own Mega Man?
Mega Man Legacy Collections on Switch, X Collections on all current gen consoles and Mega Man 11 announced.

What more do you want?

Legends 3 :p

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
It's not even really a port since the Switch won't really be running the game. It's pretty much just there to display the game for you and pick up your inputs. The game will be running on a server.

And the time limit will probably let Capcom pull the plug if doesn't work out, meaning the game will disappear from your Switch like RE4's Gamecube exclusivity.
So effectively it may seem like a waste of money then, if you not able to access it, if I'm being honest.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Dark Ura isn't me though. The guy ****ing died by slipping on a banana peel for crying out loud.
Either way, it's a pathetic wannabe that gives evil a bad reputation.

And not the right kind of bad that us villains are looking for.

Well he is "broken" (seeing as how kids make their characters ridiculously broken) given that not even the fires of hell can affect him. Only slipping on a banana peel was enough to finally put him down. :)
The flames of Hell are nothing.

Mega Man 11 is a thing, Shiny...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Smash Bros. Switch is hype, but another game that would get close to the Smash Bros. Switch hype would be...
Mario Galaxy 3.
That game would make me extremely hype.

lol capcom.

I want to say "it's better than noting" but inafune left Capcom ages ago :troll:

Did my first ascencions in FGO jsut for fun. AccelZero Assasin, F/SN archer, and Zero Lancer.

Assasin go spooky which is okay.

But Archer took of his jacket and diarmud took off his entire damn shirt and my bi *** doesn't know if I can handle that much man on a single team :lol:
In case y'all thought I was kidding

What a ****ing team I have here. . .Emphasis on the ****ing

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
In case y'all thought I was kidding

What a ****ing team I have here. . .Emphasis on the ****ing
Alright I recognize Boey and Ganondorf, but who's that dude in the middle?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think Smash Bros. Switch is hype, but another game that would get close to the Smash Bros. Switch hype would be...
Mario Galaxy 3.
That game would make me extremely hype.
As much as I love the Galaxy games, I feel like a third one isn't really needed.

Not when they can expand on Odyssey's formula.

D

Deleted member

As much as I love the Galaxy games, I feel like a third one isn't really needed.

Not when they can expand on Odyssey's formula.
But Mario Galaxy 3 with Odyssey's formula would be really fun.
Like, imagine all the more potential planets and things....

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But Mario Galaxy 3 with Odyssey's formula would be really fun.
Like, imagine all the more potential planets and things....
Except the two formulas would clash. A lot.

Galaxy games, especdially the first one, are pseudo-open. What I mean is that there are some open spaces that leave room for exploration, but they're usually small or restricted. Especially in Galaxy 2 what little of the exploration aspect the first game had was mostly thrown aside in favor of pure platforming.

It's not a bad thing, it's just that it doesn't mesh well with Odyssey, which is purely about exploration with some platforming challenges on the side.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Except the two formulas would clash. A lot.

Galaxy games are pseudo-open. What I mean is that there are some open spaces that leave room for exploration, but they're usually small or restricted. Especially in Galaxy 2 what little of the exploration aspect the first game had was mostly thrown aside in favor of pure platforming.

It's not a bad thing, it's just that it doesn't mesh well with Odyssey, which is purely about exploration with some platforming challenges on the side.
Good point. You may not be the smartest, but you are not stupid.

Also.... guys.... do you think 64 or Odyssey is better? Both felt very open and you can do a lot of fun things and explore more. Even more than Sunshine.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Natz says otherwise... :smirk:
Natz's fire is hotter than Hell. That's why it's nothing.

If you build up resistance to her flames, you pretty much become a tank that can handle nearly anything.

Good point. You may not be the smartest, but you are not stupid.

Also.... guys.... do you think 64 or Odyssey is better? Both felt very open and you can do a lot of fun things and explore more. Even more than Sunshine.
I think people are stuck too hard on the 64 nostalgia.

It's a great game. Revolutionary for its time, even. But it's showing its age as one of the first 3D platformers.

Odyssey has various quality of life improvements such as staying in the level after getting a moon, having lots of moons of various difficulties, a lot of movement options especially with Cappy and the ability to punch Bowser right in the nuts.

Not to mention some of the bosses looking like anything but Mario characters. That was really unexpected, yet appreciated.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
*Looks in the dykg comment section*

"The main villain of the next Fatal Frame will be Logan Paul"

No just no.

Joke or not, can we not ruin this franchise by giving Logan Paul more undeserved attention? Good thing it will never happen.

D

Deleted member

Natz's fire is hotter than Hell. That's why it's nothing.

If you build up resistance to her flames, you pretty much become a tank that can handle nearly anything.
Stoopid, please do not hate me.... but......
Do you have a little crush on Natz~?
I think people are stuck too hard on the 64 nostalgia.

It's a great game. Revolutionary for its time, even. But it's showing its age as one of the first 3D platformers.

Odyssey has various quality of life improvements such as staying in the level after getting a moon, having lots of moons of various difficulties, a lot of movement options especially with Cappy and the ability to punch Bowser right in the nuts.

Not to mention some of the bosses looking like anything but Mario characters. That was really unexpected, yet appreciated.
Mario Odyssey's bosses did look pretty detailed and creative compared to the others. I think Mario Odyssey was overall a huge success for Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom