• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So whose ready for the bridal banner tomorrow?

If your pulling, who for?

I’m going to try for Sanaki because I could use more mages and a flying one is always useful.

Then I’ll get for cordelia who I think will be on the tempest trial banner with the ones from the last year.

After that if I have anything left it’s getting saved for the legendary banner because Christmas units are going to be great.
I am spending my orbs on Bridal Tharja.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If the previous brides return, guess I'll gun for blue for Charlotte, but my main focus is Tharja of course.
If I get Ninian she better jump off the screen and vomit into my mouth for the sake of accuracy.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While this new type of video's animation is cool and all, I dislike them way of "judging" a character to fit in Smash or not because in reality, Sakurai is the one who ultimately decides.
Bandana Dee has one huge advantage that this video never mention (which kind of pisses me off) is that Smash Bros Switch is being developed by HAL this time around. And who made the Kirby franchise?

So call Sakurai or HAL biased but just this alone makes Bandana Dee has a huge chance of joining Smash Bros Switch.
Also the spear argument is just annoying, and how can they explain Villager as well?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I’m going to try for Sanaki because I could use more mages and a flying one is always useful.

Then I’ll get for cordelia who I think will be on the tempest trial banner with the ones from the last year.

After that if I have anything left it’s getting saved for the legendary banner because Christmas units are going to be great.
I'm thinking Sanaki's Def/Res Link could help my armor team in some way.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, I think Capcom helped with FSA, or Nintendo paid them for the license. And well Hyrule Historia was just desing notes, which are probably easier to get.

Yes, I want Oracle content to, I was hoping so much that Ralph would be playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Don't forget to add Nayru with the Harp of Ages.
I meant Nayru not Farore. What’s Farora gonna do? Stand behind a counter and give link cable rings?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Marth is free, and that's all I care about. So I'm passing on this banner, like I usually do with seasonal banners.

Even if I wanted to, I have no orbs left from the Genealogy banner anyway. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend

I mostly want Sanaki for the DEF/RES Link, although if I get a good IV Sanaki, I will keep her. Ninian is also a good one if I get her, just for the fact that she's a Flying Ranged Dancer.

On the other hand, before I start blowing all of my Orbs, I want to see the Legendary Banner cause the new Bride Banner will stay around for next month compared to the Legendary Banner.
If the previous brides return, guess I'll gun for blue for Charlotte, but my main focus is Tharja of course.
If I get Ninian she better jump off the screen and vomit into my mouth for the sake of accuracy.
More than likely she will, since the previous Easter Banner came back despite the new one being around.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why do some guys have neck beards? Do they not realize that they look gross?

Neck beards are the least sexiest facial hair choice they could make.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

I'm not sure whether I'm going to sepnd orbs on the banner or wait until the next legendary banner, but if I do spend orbs I'm definitely aiming for Ninian.

Than again, all legendary banners I've summoned on after the very first one haven't given me the best luck, so I may end up aiming for her after all.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You mean this?

View attachment 145326

The very same thing that's on every Smash game, including Smash 4 which, may I remind you, HAL wasn't involved with?
Yeah, sure that's the original game.
And maybe I didn't aware of it but I think HAL were involved in Smash Bros development in some way.

Moving goalposts here but I can still say, maybe this is the time where Sakurai adds another Kirby character, don't forget that Sakurai was the one who created Kirby.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
meh, lifes been pretty annoying, or at least todays been, had a nightmare believeing the end of the world happened because of a giant space chunk of another planet was crashing, that lead to it becoming part of earth and bringing new civilization instead, then woke up rather horribly, works been a pain, hands are kinda smashed, i smell like **** but thats cause of mulch so nothing new, been trying to rest but groggy and ****, and to top it off gotta follow konnie and kyler to arizona for a few hour drive, hoping the day won't last much longer just wanna get home and relax for awhile >->
I don't gotta imagine, I just play Tekken.

And yes she does use it in certain moves.
lol thats my brothers main in tekken

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
While this new type of video's animation is cool and all, I dislike them way of "judging" a character to fit in Smash or not because in reality, Sakurai is the one who ultimately decides.
Bandana Dee has one huge advantage that this video never mention (which kind of pisses me off) is that Smash Bros Switch is being developed by HAL this time around. And who made the Kirby franchise?

So call Sakurai or HAL biased but just this alone makes Bandana Dee has a huge chance of joining Smash Bros Switch.
Also the spear argument is just annoying, and how can they explain Villager as well?
You mean this?

View attachment 145326

The very same thing that's on every Smash game, including Smash 4 which, may I remind you, HAL wasn't involved with?

EDIT: Proof from any Smash 4 trailer

View attachment 145327
This is because Hal owns the brand partially. They don’t acually work on it so that doesn’t really help bandanna dee chances wise.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And maybe I didn't aware of it but I think HAL were involved in Smash Bros development in some way.
Not Smash 4. It was just Sakurai and Namco, with Nintendo as the publishers. HAL wasn't involved in the development in anyway.

So the "Original Game" argument really doesn't work because that's referring to Smash 64, the "original" Smash Bros.

And besides, if HAL working on the game was your main argument for Bandana Dee in Smash, then why didn't Meta Knight and King Dedede show up before Brawl?

Claiming that studio bias is an actual argument is simply not true here, Mario.

With that said...

Moving goalposts here but I can still say, maybe this is the time where Sakurai adds another Kirby character, don't forget that Sakurai was the one who created Kirby.
I still agree with you over a fourth Kirby character, with Bandana Dee being the most likely in my eyes due to having a handful of playable appearances since Brawl.

But again, using the "Sakurai created Kirby" argument doesn't work either. By that logic, Hades should've gotten in Smash 4 just because Sakurai created him. Don't get me wrong, Hades in Smash would've been amazing, but it wouldn't be the best reason to justify him.

A character who gets in Smash has to deserve it through their own merit, their own abilities. You're suggesting the ONLY valid argument is creator bias.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is because Hal owns the brand partially. They don’t acually work on it so that doesn’t really help bandanna dee chances wise.
Sakurai does at least right?
He was the creator of Kirby so there is still a chance there.

Speaking of which it does seem weird how they have yet reveal who is really developing Smash Switch. Possibly Sora, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai Namco is making this game too.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But he wasn't invovled with the Kirby franchise at the time where Bandana Dee started to become a major character.

During his time, the only thing Bandana Dee ever got was being a Megaton Punch NPC.

So the "Sakurai created Kirby" argument really doesn't work here. Helps Marx or Gooey more than it does Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I've seen you do this a few times so I just want to point this out.

Don't preface your points with "moving goalposts here". Like, ever.

"Moving goalposts" is a flaw in a debate argument. It's something the person you're debating against is supposed to point out when you are moving the goalposts in order to give your argument false solidarity.

It's something you should avoid doing. Instead of literally admitting that you're moving goalposts and posting it anyway, if you are about to make an argument and realise you're just trying to move the goal posts, you probably shouldn't post that argument because it's inherently flawed.

"Moving goalposts" only works in the context of like, a legal or murder trial or something like that, where attorneys can move the goalposts in such a way that convinces the judge that the argument they're making for their client is the more solid argument, and even then only works when the full truth isn't known. It doesn't work when the full facts are already readily available, such as in cases like these (whether or not HAL is developing Smash).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I still agree with you over a fourth Kirby character, with Bandana Dee being the most likely in my eyes due to having a handful of playable appearances since Brawl.

But again, using the "Sakurai created Kirby" argument doesn't work either. By that logic, Hades should've gotten in Smash 4, which would've been amazing, but still not the best argument ever.

A character who gets in Smash has to deserve it through their own merit, their own abilities. You're suggesting the ONLY valid argument is creator bias.
Eh, question is... Why Hades?
Then I can say I prefer Viridi than Hades as well.... Even though they have fairly same chance....

And really? Sure, character's own merit and ability is a good for potential speculation... But when has the Smash Bros roster pick always been fair? We haven't got Ridley, we haven't get King K Rool... And other highly fan requested characters that I do agree that they really should be in...

But sorry to say this but from seeing the past roster, I have say that creator/series bias is there....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Mickey restriction played to the game's benefit. I think it works better with Mickey off in the sidelines, where he can't pull all the attention away from everybody else.

As for Tarzan, Disney own the rights to their version of the animated Tarzan in perpetuity. And indeed, Tarzan characters have shown up in other video games post Kingdom Hearts. But there's a catch.

The reason Disney was allowed to own their Tarzan basically forever is because they were disallowed to license their version out. Since Square isn't a subsidiary of Disney, they can't use Disney's Tarzan without acquiring the rights to use Tarzan in general from the Burroughs estate. It's dumb, but that's lawyers for you.
I'm not sure the Tarzan thing is accurate. Disney Interactive wasn't able to even mention Tarzan in Infinity, despite content from the film being in the game. The one piece of content from the film, the Tantor mount power disc, had Terk in the background when every other disc had the respective film's main character, and in the game itself the disc was the only one to not have the movie it came from listed.

Disney Interactive couldn't even say the word Tarzan in reference to the film despite the film having content. I definitely think the rights are muddier than what you're saying, haha.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've got the long weekend off, so I decided to start cleaning and rearranging my room. Been wanting to do that for a while now but since it will be an all day job I've been putting it off.

Been working at it pretty much all day today and everything hurts right now:urg:...and I haven't even done anything in my closets yet, wonder what kind of creatures I'll find buried in there.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've seen you do this a few times so I just want to point this out.

Don't preface your points with "moving goalposts here". Like, ever.

"Moving goalposts" is a flaw in a debate argument. It's something the person you're debating against is supposed to point out when you are moving the goalposts in order to give your argument false solidarity.

It's something you should avoid doing. Instead of literally admitting that you're moving goalposts and posting it anyway, if you are about to make an argument and realise you're just trying to move the goal posts, you probably shouldn't post that argument because it's inherently flawed.

"Moving goalposts" only works in the context of like, a legal or murder trial or something like that, where attorneys can move the goalposts in such a way that convinces the judge that the argument they're making for their client is the more solid argument, and even then only works when the full truth isn't known. It doesn't work when the full facts are already readily available, such as in cases like these (whether or not HAL is developing Smash).
Well, this ain't a court and something that isn't set stone.

But I aware that moving goalposts was never a good move, and I admit I did it a few times. But even so they were in arguments that I involved in the past that were pretty pointless to say the least.

And besides saying me moving goalposts is wrong, it would be nice if you really counter my point...
But he wasn't invovled with the Kirby franchise at the time where Bandana Dee started to become a major character.

During his time, the only thing Bandana Dee ever got was being a Megaton Punch NPC.

So the "Sakurai created Kirby" argument really doesn't work here. Helps Marx or Gooey more than it does Bandana Dee.
I think Marx has chance too tbh...
But come to think of it, how many games they have appeared compare to Bandana Dee?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Eh, question is... Why Hades?
Then I can say I prefer Viridi than Hades as well.... Even though they have fairly same chance....
It was an example. Besides, Hades has better chances than Viridi due to the simple fact that he has some moveset potential.

All we see Viridi do is summon monsters and throw giant nukes, we never see her fight.

The former would make for a good summoner kind of playstyle, I'll admit, but both Medusa and Hades can do that too.

But again, this was nothing more than an example to do expand on my point.

And really? Sure, character's own merit and ability is a good for potential speculation... But when has the Smash Bros roster pick always been fair? We haven't got Ridley, we haven't get King K Rool... And other highly fan requested characters that I do agree that they really should be in...
It's never been fair, I agree.

But by saying that, you're also saying there's a chance Bandana Dee won't get in, which clashes with your "Bandana Dee will show up because Sakurai created Kirby" argument.

Bandana Dee had his chances in Smash 4 because of Return to Dream Land and didn't make it in. And we know Sakurai noticed that game because that's where Kirby's Final Smash in that game comes from. So he likely noticed Bandana Dee and ignored him for this game.

In fact, anything that's from a Kirby game that Sakurai didn't make tends to get the short end of the stick, being either a collectible, a song or, in the case of the Ultra Sword, just a Final Smash.

While Bandana Dee did appear in Kirby Super Star, a game most Kirby stages come from, there's a more major character than a mere NPC in a minigame Sakurai could take assuming Sakubias was the only thing that mattered; Marx.

But sorry to say this but from seeing the past roster, I have say that creator/series bias is there....
Yes, but it's not the only thing that's there.

For example, he wasn't certain about a sixth Fire Emblem character in Smash 4, thinking it was too much, but he did it anyway.

If creator bias was the only thing driving his reasoning, Corrin would've never made it in Smash.

I'm not saying there's zero creator bias in Smash rosters, because every creator will have some bias. I'm saying it's not the only thing there is in Sakurai's reasonings.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai does at least right?

Speaking of which it does seem weird how they have yet reveal who is really developing Smash Switch. Possibly Sora, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai Namco is making this game too.
own it? No the other half is Nintendo. Sakurai has insisted on directing each game though. Originally he wasn’t making brawl or aware of it but when it was announced he went to Nintendo to ask to be he director and thus joined the series again.

I would love dee and hope/ think he is probably in this( I hope the ballot helped) but at the same time I have that pitiful feeling that Sakurai won’t add him because of bias, but I really hope that’s wrong, dee really deserves it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've got the long weekend off, so I decided to start cleaning and rearranging my room. Been wanting to do that for a while now but since it will be an all day job I've been putting it off.
Same here. Last time I did a big clean-up of my room, it took me five hours to properly dust off my tables and all of my amiibo and other similar merchandise. That wasn't counting hoovering and the like.

Gonna be doing something like that again this week, though most of my merchandise is in storage right now.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm not sure the Tarzan thing is accurate. Disney Interactive wasn't able to even mention Tarzan in Infinity, despite content from the film being in the game. The one piece of content from the film, the Tantor mount power disc, had Terk in the background when every other disc had the respective film's main character, and in the game itself the disc was the only one to not have the movie it came from listed.

Disney Interactive couldn't even say the word Tarzan in reference to the film despite the film having content. I definitely think the rights are muddier than what you're saying, haha.
It's quite likely the issue there is that Disney doesn't own the trademark to the title "Tarzan." Tantor is a character from the books, even if the Disney version is wildly different, so it's not as if they include him in Infinity just because he was an original Disney creation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's quite likely the issue there is that Disney doesn't own the trademark to the title "Tarzan." Tantor is a character from the books, even if the Disney version is wildly different, so it's not as if they include him in Infinity just because he was an original Disney creation.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that in the book, Tantor wasn't the name of a specific elephant, but their word for elephant, so Tantor was a case of writing around trademarks by making him a specific elephant that wasn't in the book.

Speaking of Tantor, he was also the only Tarzan character to ever appear in The House of Mouse. That at least matches up with that train of thought, I think.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’ve been thinking of my Dragon Ball AU.. on top of putting my OC(Okra) in it and making Dabura become a good guy, I’m also making Cooler become a good guy and adding the OC of an artist I like on tumblr. Her(I assume the artist is female) OC is Leceri.

Seriously if you got a tumblr look up Sylvan-rain they’re amazing.

D

Deleted member

Shiny hunting in Heart Gold right now.
Hoping for a Shiny Totodile, but I will take any shiny starter.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that in the book, Tantor wasn't the name of a specific elephant, but their word for elephant, so Tantor was a case of writing around trademarks by making him a specific elephant that wasn't in the book.

Speaking of Tantor, he was also the only Tarzan character to ever appear in The House of Mouse. That at least matches up with that train of thought, I think.
I've only read the first one, but there was definitely a specific elephant that Tarzan befriends in the first book called "Tantor the Elephant." I guess it's like George of the Jungle's Ape named Ape.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Pile that on with Kingdom Hearts never mentioning the Tarzan world ever again after the first game. Not even games that had all of 1's worlds like COM or Coded had it in.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Doesn't matter when Sakurai doesn't give any major spotlight to Kirby games he didn't make.
Can't really say that for sure or stopping Bandana Dee joing Smash.
Even if it's not Bandana Dee, having another Kirby rep really wouldn't bite. I mean when it comes Nintendo four IP that we usually see on Smash Boxart. Kirby has the least character,so I think it is safe to say we always welcome a new Kirby character not matter if it's Marx, Gooey, or the long time absent Adeline (I don't think I spelled her name right..)
own it? No the other half is Nintendo. Sakurai has insisted on directing each game though. Originally he wasn’t making brawl or aware of it but when it was announced he went to Nintendo to ask to be he director and thus joined the series again.

I would love dee and hope/ think he is probably in this( I hope the ballot helped) but at the same time I have that pitiful feeling that Sakurai won’t add him because of bias, but I really hope that’s wrong, dee really deserves it.
Yeah, so is just Kirby series as a whole really needs a fourth character in my opinion.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When it comes to Kirby newcomers, there's only one I really want, and I highly doubt she'll make an appearance. Adeleine is my most wanted Kirby Newcomer for Smash, but lacking an appearance in Star Allies hits her hard, so even being DLC isn't very realistic, and seeing how Kirby outright stole her hat, tells me she's getting the Alex Kidd treatment. A great character from a fantastic game but gets ****ted on. *spits*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom