• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Like guys, King and I aren't joking.
View attachment 145273
It's a thing that actually happened.
The characters and style clash even more than I remember. :laugh:

I'm sure the style of the other shows clashed, too, but this one had to stand out the most.

There was also an American Dragon crossover episode I think.
Oh yeah, I thought there might've been a fourth crossover episode, but couldn't for the life of me remember what show it was. Yup, a quick search confirms it. American Dragon was the other one.

D

Deleted member

It was waaaaaay off the air when it happened. That's what made it so beautiful.

Why don't I see any theories of this apparent Disney shared universe? Why aren't we talking about the fact Lilo and Stitch exist in the same universe as Jake Long: American Dragon™? This isn't a shared multiverse, it's the exact same Earth.

Chrono.

Depends on the spinoff.

If this is about that Star Fox x F-Zero thing, I can perfectly understand the hate.
Funny thing: Once details about the game surfaced everyone went from hating the game to being hype as hell for it.

At least in the ResetERA thread.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can tell Hyrule Warriors had passion in it, with all the neat little nods all over the place.

Though in all fairness, Fire Emblem was kinda obscure/irrelevant in the grand scheme of things before Awakening while Zelda was always a big deal since the first game, so the latter could draw from older games without being seen as obscure.
That isn't even it for me.

FEW has smoother combat mechanics but that's literally the only thing it does better than HW. HW just has a more interesting main mode (Adventure Mode as opposed to History Mode), more mission variety, better map design, more moveset variety, it's more challenging, it has actual boss variety, and it has a much better story (not saying HW has a particularly amazing story but it at least tried to do something fun, interesting, and different within the Zelda mythos. FEW didn't even try, it's one of the most run-of-the-mill and generic crossover stories ever). It also had the exploration elements of Zelda with Items and Skulltulas and Heart Pieces and the like.

Also, while FEW has smoother combat mechanics, I almost think they are too smooth. My main issue would be how easy it is to get a Stun Gauge to appear. All you have to do is use the Y-Y-Y-X combo. With every character. There is also an upgrade that makes it so that you only have to do the Y-Y-Y-Y combo, allowing you to follow up with the next X attack to immediately break the gauge. And don't get me started on how OP Awakening Mode is and how easy it is to maintain. The game already has a bad case of clone characters, but even when you play as characters with different movesets, you don't have to change your strategy because the same button combo gets the stun gauge to appear with every character (unless the weapon triangle is there but that's so easy to get around).

In HW, you actually had to learn the weaknesses of each captain individually to get a stun gauge to appear. This could mean waiting for them to perform a certain attack and leaving themselves open, using your individual character's opener, or using the correct Item attack (lock Bombs will get the stun gauge to appear when a Lizalfos breathes fire on the ground). There was actual strategy involved.

In general, I find myself getting perfect S-Ranks with ease on almost every single mission on my first try in FEW (there have been literally two missions where I failed to). Whereas even in HW:L where the difficulty curve was made more forgiving than OG HW, I still felt I needed to put in a decent effort to get perfect A-Ranks on missions.

FEW is fun enough but it ultimately encourages the stigma of Warriors games being nothing but a thoughtless hack-and-slash, whereas HW was actively changing that perception.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It was waaaaaay off the air when it happened. That's what made it so beautiful.

Yeah American Dragon also crossed over. Honestly I don't like the TV show because Lilo mostly just acts like a brat and while one could argue that she's merely recovering from what happened, one of the episodes shows she's still scared that Nani might want to get rid of her. The Leroy and Stitch movie was a good send off though. Also gave Myrtle some depth by saying that her parents divorced, explaining why she's such a rude piece of ****.
Why don't I see any theories of this apparent Disney shared universe? Why aren't we talking about the fact Lilo and Stitch exist in the same universe as Jake Long: American Dragon™? This isn't a shared multiverse, it's the exact same Earth.
No there is, it's just that people use Pixar movies to make a shared universe theory

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The funny thing is, apparently there's some legal obligation that prevents original Disney Channel cartoons from having crossovers with one and other. Which is why shows like Star vs, Wander Over Yonder, and Gravity Falls couldn't have hoped to do crossovers. Adam McArthur (Marco's voice actor from Star vs. the Forces of Evil) revealed this obligation in a video (I only found out about it because the video was linked in some pages of Star's TV Tropes article :p)

But because the Lilo and Stitch series was based off a pre-existing Disney film franchise, it escaped that rule, and evidently, the show's staff took full advantage of it.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I mean, really, find me a shonen with a bunch of kids as the main characters where those kids DON'T have a ****ton of issues.
Just look at MHA and find me one(1) completely functional kid in class 1-A, I dare you.
I know you counter others, I can name a perfectly functional kid, that you won't be able to say isn't functional, and is promonent;
Froppy/Tsyu.

What is it about spinoffs that get people so angry?
I don't know, a lot seem to think the writers betrayed them, when most of the time that wasn't the creator's intent.

Like guys, King and I aren't joking.
View attachment 145273
It's a thing that actually happened.
I actually forgot that happened.

Yes, effectively Lilo & Stitch is what connected Disney cartoons. Fun fact Lilo and Stitch cartoon also crossed over with Kim Possible.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That isn't even it for me.

FEW has smoother combat mechanics but that's literally the only thing it does better than HW. HW just has a more interesting main mode (Adventure Mode as opposed to History Mode), more mission variety, better map design, more moveset variety, it's more challenging, it has actual boss variety, and it has a much better story (not saying HW has a particularly amazing story but it at least tried to do something fun, interesting, and different within the Zelda mythos. FEW didn't even try, it's one of the most run-of-the-mill and generic crossover stories ever). It also had the exploration elements of Zelda with Items and Skulltulas and Heart Pieces and the like.

Also, while FEW has smoother combat mechanics, I almost think they are too smooth. My main issue would be how easy it is to get a Stun Gauge to appear. All you have to do is use the Y-Y-Y-X combo. With every character. There is also an upgrade that makes it so that you only have to do the Y-Y-Y-Y combo, allowing you to follow up with the next X attack to immediately break the gauge. And don't get me started on how OP Awakening Mode is and how easy it is to maintain. The game already has a bad case of clone characters, but even when you play as characters with different movesets, you don't have to change your strategy because the same button combo gets the stun gauge to appear with every character (unless the weapon triangle is there but that's so easy to get around).

In HW, you actually had to learn the weaknesses of each captain individually to get a stun gauge to appear. This could mean waiting for them to perform a certain attack and leaving themselves open, using your individual character's opener, or using the correct Item attack (lock Bombs will get the stun gauge to appear when a Lizalfos breathes fire on the ground). There was actual strategy involved.

In general, I find myself getting perfect S-Ranks with ease on almost every single mission on my first try in FEW (there have been literally two missions where I failed to). Whereas even in HW:L where the difficulty curve was made more forgiving than OG HW, I still felt I needed to put in a decent effort to get perfect A-Ranks on missions.

FEW is fun enough but it ultimately encourages the stigma of Warriors games being nothing but a thoughtless hack-and-slash, whereas HW was actively changing that perception.
Dammit, now you're making me want to buy HW:DE

Wanted to anyway because I got none of the DLC in the Wii U nor even bought Legends, so like, the game already has a ****ton of value to me.

Chrono.

Man.

Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch, American Dragon.

That was a great era of Disney shows.

D

Deleted member

I know you counter others, I can name a perfectly functional kid, that you won't be able to say isn't functional, and is promonent;
Froppy/Tsyu
Internship Arc. She's not as evident as the others but she is still a kid.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Disney's had good and bad shows over the years.

Considering that it has shows like Star, Milo and Ducktales now, though, I personally think we're in another good era :p

(I'd have listed Gravity Falls too, if it were only still going).

Shame that the Tangled series has pretty much gotten the shaft by this point, though.....

Last edited:

Chrono.

The funny thing is, apparently there's some legal obligation that prevents original Disney Channel cartoons from having crossovers with one and other. Which is why shows like Star vs, Wander Over Yonder, and Gravity Falls couldn't have hoped to do crossovers. Adam McArthur (Marco's voice actor from Star vs. the Forces of Evil) revealed this obligation in a video (I only found out about it because the video was linked in some pages of Star's TV Tropes article :p)

But because the Lilo and Stitch series was based off a pre-existing Disney film franchise, it escaped that rule, and evidently, the show's staff took full advantage of it.
Can't wait to see the Tangled series crossover with uhh

Whatever Disney shows are going on right now.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Internship Arc. She's not as evident as the others but she is still a kid.
So, your going to use that fact she's still a child against her, to prove she's not a functional teenager? Shishœ doesn't that exactly make you lose your own argument, her problems actually come from being a teenager, not like Todoroki who's father emotional screwed with his emotional development, or Yayazoru being from a rich family makes her have social anxiety, or how Deku's bullying and pressure from being All Might's successor has made him put in to much work. Cause if so, your whole premise falls apart.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah. I'm guessing FEW just played it too safe. That might also explain why half the DLCs are clones and many other base roster characters are also pretty clone-ish.

But it's still a step down from HW, which had absolutely zero clones to speak of. Even the multiple Links (Link, Young Link, Toon Link, Linkle) all had big differences that made them play in a unique way. And that's not mentionning how some characters have more than one weapon style, each so different that they might as well qualify as unique characters.

HW basically just has a lot of diversity, which is one of the strongest things it has against FEW's "Attack of the Clones".
well also Where zelda always sold well, FE was dying before the two most popular games, Awakening and Fates, kept it alive so

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can't wait to see the Tangled series crossover with uhh

Whatever Disney shows are going on right now.
Well, the channel aired a Hotel Transylvania series for a while, around the same time as the Tangled series.

Have fun imagining that. :reverse:

Still counts to me.
I might as well, too. It's the best show ever made after all so of course it deserves to still count.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Spinoffs?
Well given I'm on a forum for a game that is Nintendo: The Spinoff, that should say something. But for a longer answer...

I have no problem with them. Hell franchises need experimentation to keep themselves alive. I get there's a stigma against things changing, especially when it comes to cartoon shows aimed at children. Like at the same time I've seen sequels/prequels/spin offs/one offs/etc where media essentially copies the original, or very rarely tries to one-up the original show. Doesn't work out.

If I wanted the original show I'd just watch the original show.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dammit, now you're making me want to buy HW:DE

Wanted to anyway because I got none of the DLC in the Wii U nor even bought Legends, so like, the game already has a ****ton of value to me.
I considered HW a killer app for the Wii U, and HW:L a killer app for the New 3DS (you can play it on an OG 3DS but it doesn't run well there). So I'd say there is no reason not to go for it unless finances are the issue.

It also apparently runs at 1080p 60FPS on the Switch with the same graphical fidelity as the Wii U version, which is AMAZING if true.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also if you like Hyrule Warriors, there's Pirate Warriors 3 also on the Switch.
Which is a pretty good time if you're into the One Piece.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Does HW have pair ups, can I control where they go, is the AI good that I dont have to babysit them?

Because FEWs Pair-up, units taking bases all by themseves and healing others Is pretty good
Also if you like Hyrule Warriors, there's Pirate Warriors 3 also on the Switch.
Which is a pretty good time if you're into the One Piece.
now that, I might get, I do like me some One Piece

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Resourceful as ****?

The kind of **** you'd see in movies?
Both. He’s kinda of a deus ex machina at times lol

You can tell Hyrule Warriors had passion in it, with all the neat little nods all over the place.

Though in all fairness, Fire Emblem was kinda obscure/irrelevant in the grand scheme of things before Awakening while Zelda was always a big deal since the first game, so the latter could draw from older games without having its choices be too obscure.

And yet, HW still found a spot for stuff like Marin and Agitha.
They should add even more stuff for the Switch version. Like add Sidon, Kass, Vaati, Ralph, Veran and Onox.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They should add even more stuff for the Switch version. Like add Sidon, Kass, Vaati, Ralph, Veran and Onox.
I can see why the Minish Cap stuff, like Vaati, isn't in this game. Capcom must own some of the rights since they helped making the game.

I think the same applies to the Oracle games too.

But I do agree we at least need some more BotW stuff, even if it's DLC.

Chrono.

I can see why the Minish Cap stuff, like Vaati, isn't in this game. Capcom must own some of the rights since they helped making the game.

I think the same applies to the Oracle games too.

But I do agree we at least need some more BotW stuff, even if it's DLC.
Vaati is originally from Four Swords, which Capcom had nothing to do with.

I think they just skipped out on certain characters because you have to leave SOMETHING for a sequel.

And there's just no way this doesn't get a sequel in 2 years or so.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I think they just skipped out on certain characters because you have to leave SOMETHING for a sequel.

That's a really fair point.

Even though the original in itself has a really solid roster that covers so many games.

D

Deleted member

It is sooo boring right now... :023:

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Or we’ll get the same game next year again. :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does HW have pair ups, can I control where they go, is the AI good that I dont have to babysit them?

Because FEWs Pair-up, units taking bases all by themseves and healing others Is pretty good

now that, I might get, I do like me some One Piece
You don't have Pair-Ups, that's an FE thing. You can switch between characters in HW:L and the Switch version, but not the original Wii U game.

Units can take bases by themselves and you can give them orders.

Healers don't really exist, but if someone is low on health, just take control of a nearby character and walk into the green aura surrounding them, that will heal them.

Chrono.

That's a really fair point.

Even though the original in itself has a really solid roster that covers so many games.
Yeah I'm actually surprised at how much characters they covered (mostly by DLC, but still.) While at the same time having a bunch of characters left they could use like Groose, Malon, the Oracle fairies, Vaati and quite literally all the BOTW Champions.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

yeah, the BALL vaati

But capcom probably has the human vaati under them

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah I'm actually surprised at how much characters they covered (mostly by DLC, but still.) While at the same time having a bunch of characters left they could use like Groose, Malon, the Oracle fairies, Vaati and quite literally all the BOTW Champions.
BotW really shouldn't count since DLC ended before that game ever released.

But it's still one more opportunity for a DLC/sequel.

And yeah, they left a bunch of stuff. There's also the Sages from Ocarina of Time as well (except Ruto, Impa, Zelda and Darunia because they're in the game lol).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
BotW really shouldn't count since DLC ended before that game ever released.

But it's still one more opportunity for a DLC/sequel.

And yeah, they left a bunch of stuff. There's also the Sages from Ocarina of Time as well (except Ruto, Impa, Zelda and Darunia because they're in the game lol).
I still wish they added atleast 1 character from every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom