• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But Stitch having other friends doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't care or left his old one. It just means he expanded his "family." Lilo and co make appearances in these sequels too from what I've seen.

It's kinda like that in real life too. Eventually you'll move on from your parents, maybe even across the world. But they'll always be family no matter how far away they are.
In Stitch! She is full grown with a little girl of her own. She straight up leaves Japan and says she'll always come visit, but by the end of the episode? Stitch is calling Yuna his new family.

That directly does go against the first film. If you wanted to honor the first film? You'd have told all your stories with Yuna. Then explained why he was no longer with Lilo. Explain why they got seperated. Have him leave Japan with Lilo and her daughter. The end.

Because that's what their bond meant in the original film. They got separated because of a misunderstanding when she was older, but I don't believe for a second that she'd just leave him in Japan with a new girl and a new family after finding him again considering that episode also shows she was VERY upset when he left them.

More so this whole thing stands out as awkward and forced when you add in that Pleakely and Jumba are with Stitch in this anime and they too are family members by film's end.

The animes are neat and all. And there's even some merit to the seperation storyline that is given to Lilo and Stitch in Stitch! but ultimately it all works against the message of the film.

It's not ''Oh my family has grown." It's ''Oh my family has grown up and despite the fact that I could be going home with them. I'm going to stay here with this new little girl and call her my family."

It does feel kinda ''Replacement-y" and just doesn't work.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd like to see Thunderhead and Hourglass be really bad at fighting while Packrat is the badass normie that's basically their combat teacher.

Then again, you said he was Batman on a budget, so I'm sure the whole "badass fighter" part was already thought of.
Yeah Thunderhead and Hourglass are children so they aren’t the most adept at fighting. Packrat is the kind of guy you’d probably see at a gym.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, with the new MHA episode, anime watchers can join in on the traitor theories too! This is gonna be fun.
>Realizes MatPat might make a traitor theory
WAIT NO I TAKE THAT BACK

Ok but really, this episode was so ****ing good
Bakugo's delivery of "don't come, Deku." confirms he was legit worried. This is what we call growth.
****ing hell Deku's scream hurts me, the voice acting makes such a difference.
Speaking of VA, the Compress and Twice are, like, 10x better than in the manga and that's saying something.
Aoyama coming through with that clutch tho.

Kirishima: "Your hands can still reach him!"
Deku: "***** i don't even FEEL my hands"

Like, I'm serious, these VAs do such a good job at capturing the characters' emotions. Kirishima and Iida arguing on whether they should rescue Bakugo is just so good.

Also, Jiro is ****ing dead lol
Momo's functional, she's super ****ing rich and only had self esteem problems. Also Pinky
"She only had self esteem problems" that's the very definition of being dysfunctional, and they weren't light either.
Tooru?

I mean what is she about other than invisible jokes.
I mean, she hasn't had focus yet but I'd believe not being able to see your own reflection is bound to bring some issues.
Sugar Man I guess, he's also the least interesting of the group I feel.

Not that EVERY character HAS to have emotional baggage, but there's a reason why many characters in fiction do.
No one cares about Sugar Man, he's like, the most forgettable character in the entire series.
Poor guy got stuck with a completely situational strength enhancing Quirk with a huge ass drawback when homeboi Midoriya can punch a ****ing giant robot. Hell, I don't even need to resort to the overpowered MC, Shoji has about the same strength by default with an extra set of utility and no drawback and Kirishima has all the power of sugar rush on his defenses as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of the extended canon of Lilo and Stitch, from what I've seen Japan kind of adores Angel, of all characters. For those that didn't watch the series, she was experiment 624 and had basically siren powers turned up to eleven, being able to use her voice to control any of the previous experiments (leaving only 625 and Stitch immune because Jumbaa didn't care about forwards compatibility). Basically she became Stitch's love interest.

But it's just neat, I think, that she's pretty much the only character from Lilo and Stitch: The Series that stayed lastingly popular, to the point where she's the only Disney spin off character to appear in Disney Magic Kingdoms, Disney's park building mobile game.
I remember her, and also remember thinking her and Stitch were cute when I was a kid.

All of this Lilo & Stitch talk is making me want to finally watch L&S2. Because this scene pops up on my various social media feeds every so often and I love it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What is it about spinoffs that get people so angry?
Oh I love spin-offs.

But only when they're properly executed. Stitch! and Stitch and Ai are not. They have some merits in some of their stories for sure, but they're deeply flawed when you consider the original film's source material.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Not sure either.

My guess is that it's related to Rivals Domains and Grand Conquests. In other words, how many times friends use your character in their brigades.

Could be wrong though. But if I'm right, y'all really love my Grima :V
I've never used other's unit in GC... because I don't know how :'V

Im surprised that you peeps are using my Hana lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I'll preface by saying I'm not an anime person. Like, the extent of what I know beyond the Pokémon anime basically consists of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, the first two seasons of Digimon, and whatever I pick up through NintenZone Osmosis. Never could get into things like DBZ or Naruto growing up.

But on the request of a friend who basically said "you like superheroes right?" I decided to watch a couple of episodes of My Hero MAcademia. It's okay. Watched like the first five episodes with him or so, and here's what I picked up on:

- I have been pronouncing Deku the wrong way my whole life
- The floating girl seems like a sweetheart so she's probably gonna die
- The plot of this show is literally Sky High
- Falco is in it hot damn
- Bakugan is an insufferable ass hat
- This thread has instinctively made me hate the grape guy even though he hasn't done anything yet
- The speedy guy does NOT look like a high schooler
- The teacher guy is Qrow mixed with AZ
- Surprisingly little fanservice outside of the Lingering Ass Shot of the Giant Lady™ in the first episode, so that's okay so far
- All Might's mouth in his non-powered form reminds me of a vacuum cleaner

Not sure yet if I want to continue with it but there are my thoughts.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Lilo and Stitch had some of the better spin-off material compared to most successful Disney films.

The TV series you can tell was made partly due to the Pokémon craze, but it had a lot of effort put into it and even at times managed to teach more about Hawaiian culture, it wasn't an educational show but it's nice world-building. There were a couple of episodes where they went to other Hawaiian islands which was pretty cool.

The Direct to DVD movies like the actual sequel to the movie, as well as both the pilot and finale of the TV show were also very well done, Lilo and Stitch 2 looks especially beautiful.

The first Lilo and Stitch was a perfect movie on its own right and could have been left alone after that, but the spin-off material was very well handled on Disney's end.

Can't really speak for the anime as I haven't seen it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I'll preface by saying I'm not an anime person. Like, the extent of what I know beyond the Pokémon anime basically consists of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, the first two seasons of Digimon, and whatever I pick up through NintenZone Osmosis. Never could get into things like DBZ or Naruto growing up.

But on the request of a friend who basically said "you like superheroes right?" I decided to watch a couple of episodes of My Hero MAcademia. It's okay. Watched like the first five episodes with him or so, and here's what I picked up on:

- Bakugan is an insufferable *** hat
- This thread has instinctively made me hate the grape guy even though he hasn't done anything yet
- Surprisingly little fanservice outside of the Lingering *** Shot of the Giant Lady™ in the first episode, so that's okay so far

If you continue I think I can say this for everyone but I want your reactions frequently

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I remember her, and also remember thinking her and Stitch were cute when I was a kid.

All of this Lilo & Stitch talk is making me want to finally watch L&S2. Because this scene pops up on my various social media feeds every so often and I love it.

I've only ever seen the Scottish parody version until just now.

Thought with the obvious edits they'd taken more liberties than just piling expletives, but no, pretty faithful to the scene.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

- Bakugan is an insufferable *** hat
- Surprisingly little fanservice outside of the Lingering *** Shot of the Giant Lady™ in the first episode, so that's okay so far

Well regardless if you want to continue or not, the first season's pacing is pretty damn slow, so head's up

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
as much as I think about gettimg hyrule warriors, I always think I wont be invested in it like I am FEW
The opposite happened for me.

I have about 20 something or so hours in FEW, and haven't touched it since the Shadow Dragon DLC came out (because I wanted to try Minerva).

Meanwhile I must have at least 100 hours in HW and HW:L.

I'm not bothered picking up the Switch version though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sora can Guard in mid-air now.

Though I guess this means Reflect may not return...
My brain read that as, "Sora can midgard now." and I got confused for a couple minutes til I read it again.
Hyrule Warriors is kinda better than FEW honestly.
I played both, and yeah. HW is so much better, honestly. We even have anime women with blue hair for your weeby needs! :troll:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
im sure they are both good tho, I just feel more invested in few
The opposite happened for me.

I have about 20 something or so hours in FEW, and haven't touched it since the Shadow Dragon DLC came out (because I wanted to try Minerva).

Meanwhile I must have at least 100 hours in HW and HW:L.

I'm not bothered picking up the Switch version though.
i have about 190 hours in FEW and I didnt even bother getting Zelda Warriors on Wii U or 3DS when it came out

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of the extended canon of Lilo and Stitch, from what I've seen Japan kind of adores Angel, of all characters. For those that didn't watch the series, she was experiment 624 and had basically siren powers turned up to eleven, being able to use her voice to control any of the previous experiments (leaving only 625 and Stitch immune because Jumbaa didn't care about forwards compatibility). Basically she became Stitch's love interest.

But it's just neat, I think, that she's pretty much the only character from Lilo and Stitch: The Series that stayed lastingly popular, to the point where she's the only Disney spin off character to appear in Disney Magic Kingdoms, Disney's park building mobile game.
If any of the experiments from the series got the ensemble darkhorse following, it was definitely Angel. She's in tons of merchandise to this day, too. Japan certainly loves her but I can safely say she's very popular here in the US as well. Whenever I see Stitch merch in Dinseyland (and there's quite a lot of it) it's most often Stitch himself, or Angel.

I like Angel a lot myself, but I kinda wish some of the other more important experiments got some more love, too. Sparky (the experiment from the pilot movie of the series) actually appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, at least, so there's that. Much like Angel with Disney Magic Kingdoms, Sparky's got a unique honor in that regard.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You can tell Hyrule Warriors had passion in it, with all the neat little nods all over the place.

Though in all fairness, Fire Emblem was kinda obscure/irrelevant in the grand scheme of things before Awakening while Zelda was always a big deal since the first game, so the latter could draw from older games without having its choices be too obscure.

And yet, HW still found a spot for stuff like Marin and Agitha.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The plot of this show is literally Sky High
I mean, Sky High is pretty ****ing good outside of its ending so I'll take that as a compliment
Falco is in it hot damn
Revelry in the darkness
Goddamnit I feel dumb for not thinking of this before
This thread has instinctively made me hate the grape guy even though he hasn't done anything yet
Yeah, just finish the first season and you'll see why.
The teacher guy is Qrow mixed with AZ
That's a surprisingly accurate and valid comparison that I never thought of before.

0/10 reaction, no Zuko+Black Quill comparison

But, honestly, I'd say at least finish the first season. The middle episodes of it(like, 3 through 6 or something) are nice but they're nothing compared to the rest of the series, it really picks up with the final episodes of the first season and then continues from there non-stop.
The side characters also start getting actual focus starting from there and as long as you don't have ****taste and choose characters like Sato as your favorites you're bound to see them get some love.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually really liked the Lilo and Stitch series. Watched it whenever it was on as a kid.

I think it got down the original film's message and spirit of family very nicely (not better, obviously, but it tried it's best to keep the tone) in addition to giving plenty of other messages to kids depending on the episode's conflict and/or what the experiment featured in the episode could do.

Might not have been necessary, but it was pretty cool for what it was. It wasn't just needlessly milking the franchise. They did put actual effort and care into it, and they even gave it a genuinely grand and heartfelt send-off finale. Of all of Disney's shows based on their films, I think that one was handled very well.

.......Also worth noting is that it had crossover episodes with other Disney Channel cartoons like The Proud Family, Kim Possible, and even Recess. I'm not sure what gave them the idea to do so many crossover episodes for it, but they happened. They seriously did.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You can tell Hyrule Warriors had passion in it, with all the neat little nods all over the place.

Though in all fairness, Fire Emblem was kinda obscure/irrelevant in the grand scheme of things before Awakening while Zelda was always a big deal since the first game, so the latter could draw from older games without its choices being too obscure.

And yet, HW still found a spot for stuff like Marin and Agitha.
And even then FEW has a lot of references to the older games, even the ones without playable characters. Like, one of the History Mode maps has a big Jugdral reference with Celica being a lady of the lake stand-in while Chrom acts as an Ike stand in in another one. That and Niles and Sakura acting as stand ins for Julian and Lena on the Navarre map. Man I wish they were playable though lol.

I actually really liked Lilo and Stitch series. Watched it whenever it was on as a kid.

I think it got down the original film's message and spirit of family very nicely (not better, obviously, but it tried it's best to keep the tone) in addition to giving plenty of other messages to kids depending on the episode's conflict and/or what the experiment featured in the episode could do.

Might not have been necessary, but it was pretty cool for what it was. It wasn't just needlessly milking the franchise. They did put actual effort and care into it, and they even gave it a genuinely grand and heartfelt send-off finale. Of all of Disney's shows based on their films, I think that one was handled very well.

.......Also worth noting is that it had crossover episodes with other Disney Channel cartoons like The Proud Family, Kim Possible, and even Recess. I'm not sure what gave them the idea to do so many crossover episodes for it, but they happened. They seriously did.
The Recess crossover episode is still the best thing ever just due to how strange it was.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, since we're on a MHA topic, let me just say something I love about it.
Horikoshi's biggest writing strength? It's not plot or characters, even though he's really ****ing good at it, his biggest strength is his ability to write a believeable world, and that mainly comes from the fact he knows exactly how his people would react to the events that happen in the story. Just look at Stain and Shigaraki and the in-universe reaction to them is THE EXACT SAME as the fanbase one. And that's just one from many examples like the way Quirks are dealt with in terms of what people do with them, how they react to it and how governments deal with them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And even then FEW has a lot of references to the older games, even the ones without playable characters. Like, one of the History Mode maps has a big Jugdral reference with Celica being a lady of the lake stand-in while Chrom acts as an Ike stand in in another one. That and Niles and Sakura acting as stand ins for Julian and Lena on the Navarre map. Man I wish they were playable though lol.

The Recess crossover episode is still the best thing ever just due to how strange it was.
Recess is one of those shows I never liked but seeing pictures o it on twitter made me respect it more. Doesn't help I saw it in Dutch too

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like guys, King and I aren't joking.
image.jpeg

It's a thing that actually happened.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I actually really liked Lilo and Stitch series. Watched it whenever it was on as a kid.

I completely forgot about the crossovers.

I could understand (somewhat) doing Kim Possible and Proud Family, as they were on the air with Lilo and Stitch at the same time, but what was the reasoning behind Recess? That show was off the air by that point wasn't it?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
GOOD GRIEF WHAT AM I LOOKING AT

I don't remember the whole plot of that one, but I remember it being weird and funny. Definitely the most oddball of the show's crossovers. :p

I saw the commercials and announcements for The Proud Family and Kim Possible crossovers, so I knew about those in advance and as a kid I was excited for them. I didn't hear about the Recess episode though, so there was one time where I was just casually watching the show and was caught completely off-guard when the Recess theme suddenly started playing and the characters showed up out of nowhere.

I could understand (somewhat) doing Kim Possible and Proud Family, as they were on the air with Lilo and Stitch at the same time, but what was the reasoning behind Recess? That show was off the air by that point wasn't it?
I'm not sure if it was off the air, but I'm fairly certain they weren't making new episodes anymore, unlike Kim and Proud Family.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah. I'm guessing FEW just played it too safe. That might also explain why half the DLCs are clones and many other base roster characters are also pretty clone-ish.

But it's still a step down from HW, which had absolutely zero clones to speak of. Even the multiple Links (Link, Young Link, Toon Link, Linkle) all had big differences that made them play in a unique way. And that's not mentionning how some characters have more than one weapon style, each so different that they might as well qualify as unique characters.

HW basically just has a lot of diversity, which is one of the strongest things it has against FEW's "Attack of the Clones".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It was waaaaaay off the air when it happened. That's what made it so beautiful.

There was also an American Dragon crossover episode I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom