• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The wind demon Vaati is much cooler than the minish/human version so I’d prfer the former.
Chances are that, if they can get the rights for the Wind Demon, they'll do a mix of both, with Wind Demon showing up for stronger attacks.

I still wish they added atleast 1 character from every game.
Link and Zelda :V

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The funny thing is, apparently there's some legal obligation that prevents original Disney Channel cartoons from having crossovers with one and other. Which is why shows like Star vs, Wander Over Yonder, and Gravity Falls couldn't have hoped to do crossovers. Adam McArthur (Marco's voice actor from Star vs. the Forces of Evil) revealed this obligation in a video (I only found out about it because the video was linked in some pages of Star's TV Tropes article :p)

But because the Lilo and Stitch series was based off a pre-existing Disney film franchise, it escaped that rule, and evidently, the show's staff took full advantage of it.
This is such a Disney thing.

The same rules applied to Disney Infinity. Outside of the toybox, none of the IPs were allowed to cross over with each other, which was dumb for that kind of toys-to-life genre. I believe the same rule is mostly in place with Kingdom Hearts, which is why all the Disney worlds are so secluded from one another.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nintendo screwed up when they let Koie Tecmo make Fire Emblem Warriors instead of letting Bandai Namco make Soul Emblem.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The same rules applied to Disney Infinity. Outside of the toybox, none of the IPs were allowed to cross over with each other, which was dumb for that kind of toys-to-life genre. I believe the same rule is mostly in place with Kingdom Hearts, which is why all the Disney worlds are so secluded from one another.
I don't think that's a thing for KH, since you can use the summons in any world. The villains were all part of a roundtable of sorts in KH1 as well, and the core Disney characters and Maleficent go to whatever world they want. Jiminy Cricket also is with Sora and the gang at all times.

The worlds being secluded in KH is more of a lore thing. They were once the same world (the mobile game depicts this time), but got split apart as a result of the Keyblade War.

We've even had cases of characters who were party members restricted to one world, becoming summons in a later game, allowing them to go to any world. Peter Pan was a party member for Neverland in KH1, but became a summon in KH2. Ariel was a party member in KH1, and is now a summon in KH3.

I dont see either of those being good/working
Well you're just plain wrong there. :V

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

....The more I hear about this rule, the dumber it sounds.

Maybe it's just because I don't have a total understanding of these sorts of legal and copyright matters, but I really can't figure out what the point of the obligation is. It's starting to sound like it restricts things far more than it protects them. Are there really any serious problems that could arise if this rule wasn't in place?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Vaati is originally from Four Swords, which Capcom had nothing to do with.

I think they just skipped out on certain characters because you have to leave SOMETHING for a sequel.

And there's just no way this doesn't get a sequel in 2 years or so.
Actually Capcom did help with Four Swords, check the Wikipedia page, and the places where its sourced.

Chrono.

Boy do whales make my life easier in this game.

He's actually not optimal for my team but I can't just not use him.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There existed at least one instance in Disney's media where that legal rule simply couldn't have been in place:

This old show had so many different Disney characters cross over and interact with each other it's not even funny.

........okay, it was funny, but you get the point. :p

I don't think that's a thing for KH, since you can use the summons in any world. The villains were all part of a roundtable of sorts in KH1 as well, and the core Disney characters and Maleficent go to whatever world they want. Jiminy Cricket also is with Sora and the gang at all times.

The worlds being secluded in KH is more of a lore thing. They were once the same world (the mobile game depicts this time), but got split apart as a result of the Keyblade War.

We've even had cases of characters who were party members restricted to one world, becoming summons in a later game, allowing them to go to any world. Peter Pan was a party member for Neverland in KH1, but became a summon in KH2. Ariel was a party member in KH1, and is now a summon in KH3.
Most of these are perfectly valid points. Although:

....I can't help but shake the feeling that this detail might just be an in-universe only explanation, for a legal problem beyond the developer's control.

If the rule really is in place for KH, though, it definitely allows a hell lot more flexibility than it normally seems to. No doubting that.

Starlight_Lily

I just want Mushroom Kingdom Warriors already.

Or on the non-Nintendo front, Toot Toot Sonic Warriors.
Yes give that 100%, also Sonic Warriors needs to be called Sonic Heroic Warriors, cause they Warriors who are also Sonic Heroes :V

And I also honestly want Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, cause it'd be fun fighting hoards of every type of Mario enemies at the same time.

Chances are that, if they can get the rights for the Wind Demon, they'll do a mix of both, with Wind Demon showing up for stronger attacks.

Link and Zelda :V
So you want all 14 Links and all 13 Zeldas, you are correct in this decision. Cause each one could actually have a unique weapon or form from the game they appeared in.

Nintendo screwed up when they let Koie Tecmo make Fire Emblem Warriors instead of letting Bandai Namco make Soul Emblem.
Well, Namco still got to do Pokken, and well if we're loud enough maybe Soul Emblem will happen.

well **** me, you are right, the did develop Link to the past + four swords
Oh and here's 100% prove Capcom worked on Four Swords on the GBA:

Right there in the end credits, they are right there, so they may actually have some legal mobo jumbo that gives them control over Vaati.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ignoring Link and Zelda obviously!
Let's screw things up then :V

Legend of Zelda: Young Link
Zelda II: Impa
A Link to the Past: Wizzrobe
Link's Awakening: Marin
Ocarina of Time: Sheik, Ruto, Darunia, Volvagia
Majora's Mask: Tingle, Skull Kid
Oracle games: Link
Four Swords: Ganon
Wind Waker: Medli
Four Swords Adventures: Dark Link (lemme count this one, dammit!)
Minish Cap: King Datlus :V
Twilight Princess: Midna, Twili Midna, Agitha, Zant
Phantom Hourglass: Tetra
Spirit Tracks: Toon Zelda
Skyward Sword: Fi, Ghirahim
A Link Between Worlds: Ravio, Yuga
Hyrule Warriors: Cia, Lana, Linkle
Tri Force Heroes: Toon Link
Breath of the Wild: Zelda

See? Each game gets at least one character :troll:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yes give that 100%, also Sonic Warriors needs to be called Sonic Heroic Warriors, cause they Warriors who are also Sonic Heroes :V

And I also honestly want Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, cause it'd be fun fighting hoards of every type of Mario enemies at the same time.

So you want all 14 Links and all 13 Zeldas, you are correct in this decision. Cause each one could actually have a unique weapon or form from the game they appeared in.

Well, Namco still got to do Pokken, and well if we're loud enough maybe Soul Emblem will happen.

Right there in the end credits, they are right there, so they may actually have some legal mobo jumbo that gives them control over Vaati.
yep, looks like Vaati is under Capcoms control like a kid before they hit 21

Starlight_Lily

yep, looks like Vaati is under Capcoms control like a kid before they hit 21
Yep, seems Capcom seems to have some control over a major villain in Zelda, and other handheld titles on the GBC.

Man it seems Nintendo really didn't learn their lesson from Super Mario RPG, well this probably means all the Tokyo Mirage Session #FE characters, who aren't FE Characters, are probably owned by Tecmo as well, RIP, them even getting trophies let alone even having the chase of being playable or being Assist Trophies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
....The more I hear about this rule, the dumber it sounds.

Maybe it's just because I don't have a total understanding of these sorts of legal and copyright matters, but I really can't figure out what the point of the obligation is. It's starting to sound like it restricts things far more than it protects them. Are there really any serious problems that could arise if this rule wasn't in place?
I believe they have similar rules in place at their Disney parks, keeping characters in their little corners of the world, but I haven't been to one in a few years so it may be different.

The "rule" has been broken many, many times, but it was definitely the reason Disney Infinity wasn't the big ridiculous crossover it should have been.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There existed at least one instance in Disney's media where that legal rule simply couldn't have been in place:

This old show had so many different Disney characters cross over and interact with each other it's not even funny.

........okay, it was funny, but you get the point. :p
xD Oh my, I'm reliving so many childhood memories right now. One of the episodes was kind of an early inspiration to start my Ridley projects through a REALLY old and crappy fic I did along with a title of a weird looking Ridley I found on DA eons ago called "Villain's Week", it was bizarre, but gladly after I joined, I threw that to the trash, gave myself time to think and the ordeal with my Ridley bros. began (and the RIdsalina ship too).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
....I can't help but shake the feeling that this detail might just be an in-universe only explanation, for a legal problem beyond the developer's control.
Possibly, but that wouldn't explain stuff like the villains being a literal roundtable group working with each other in KH1, summons being able to be used anywhere, and Maleficent showing up wherever she feels like. We also have instances of characters like Beast being introduced outside of their home worlds. KH1 didn't have a Beauty and the Beast world, but Beast was a party member in Hollow Bastion (which, granted, is an original world, but it's also basically the home of the Final Fantasy characters in the KH universe, so it's weird to introduce Beast there if there are crazy legal restrictions).

The only legal restrictions I know of that have had a notable effect in KH are:

-Mickey literally only having one line in KH1 was apparently a restriction by Disney. When KH was in the concept stages, Squaresoft wanted to make a 3D platformer starring one of Disney's mascots. Squaresoft wanted it to be Mickey since he's most recognisable, but Disney wanted it to be Donald because they didn't quite have enough faith to just let Squaresoft use Mickey from the get go. After some back and forth, they eventually reached the compromise of making an original character to serve as the playable hero. However, Disney were still being stingy about Mickey, and he was basically restricted to being a cameo. This is also why Sora travels with Donald and Goofy in KH1, but not Mickey. After KH1 sold well and was received with praise though, Disney loosened up on this and allowed Mickey to play a more prominent on-screen role as soon as the very next game, Chain of Memories.

-Squaresoft and later Square Enix were restricted to using IPs from the Disney Animated Canon unless told otherwise, which is why Pixar is only showing up now with KH3. Nomura has wanted Toy Story to be part of KH since the beginning (there exists concept are of the KH1 World Map that had a Pizza Planet world on it, and Buzz and Woody have unused, untextured models in the summon model files of KH2), but he was never given the greenlight on it until KH3. The only exceptions to this rule I know of are Nightmare Before Christmas (which I don't know why they let it be an exception really), Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Tron films (Pirates and Tron Legacy could at least be explained as an effort to promote the at the time new films).

-Tarzan hasn't been featured since KH1 due to Disney not having the license to the IP anymore. It's been completely retconned from KH canon, doesn't even show up in CoM which was literally a game about sorting through Sora's memories of KH1.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just want Mushroom Kingdom Warriors already.

Or on the non-Nintendo front, Toot Toot Sonic Warriors.
I wouldn't mind seeing a Mario Warriors game. It has everything it needs to be successful, including notable trash mobs- Goombas, Koopa Troops, and if its like HW, they could implement Toad Guards or something. That being said, Fire Emblem too had everything it needed to be successful. And, well... *shrugs*

Honestly, I still want to see a Pokémon Warriors game. That or, a non-Nintendo game, Elder Scrolls Warriors.

Chrono.

I thought it was just Flagship but then I checked further and saw they were a subsidiary of Capcom, which means Capcom did work on the games then. (Flagship itself died in like 2007 and merged with Capcom which makes this a moot point.)

That said, Vaati did appear in Four Swords Adventures, which was all Nintendo.

It'd be interesting if we could get a clear answer on this lol. Since none of Capcom's characters or concepts have returned aside of being used in Hyrule Historia.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am watching a lot of lion documentaries.
Interesting animals, how they have to hunt and to deal with nomad males. They do not just hunt and make a pride.

Also I plan on going outside soon. So bye for now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Let's screw things up then :V

Legend of Zelda: Young Link
Zelda II: Impa
A Link to the Past: Wizzrobe
Link's Awakening: Marin
Ocarina of Time: Sheik, Ruto, Darunia, Volvagia
Majora's Mask: Tingle, Skull Kid
Oracle games: Link
Four Swords: Ganon
Wind Waker: Medli
Four Swords Adventures: Dark Link (lemme count this one, dammit!)
Minish Cap: King Datlus :V
Twilight Princess: Midna, Twili Midna, Agitha, Zant
Phantom Hourglass: Tetra
Spirit Tracks: Toon Zelda
Skyward Sword: Fi, Ghirahim
A Link Between Worlds: Ravio, Yuga
Hyrule Warriors: Cia, Lana, Linkle
Tri Force Heroes: Toon Link
Breath of the Wild: Zelda

See? Each game gets at least one character :troll:
Impa never appeared in AoL. I’d love Helmet Head or Horse Head in. That’d be crazy. Just imagine a dude fighting by launching his head, that’d be crazy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Seriously though when Link’s Awakening got stuff in it that was hype cause it was my first experience with Zelda.

OOS/OOA need some cause those are 3 of my all time fave Zelda’s.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It still saddens me that Saria nor Mido made it to HW.

EDIT: Okay fine, I understand why Mido isn't here, but Saria man!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I thought it was just Flagship but then I checked further and saw they were a subsidiary of Capcom, which means Capcom did work on the games then. (Flagship itself died in like 2007 and merged with Capcom which makes this a moot point.)

It'd be interesting if we could get a clear answer on this lol. Since none of Capcom's characters or concepts have returned aside of being used in Hyrule Historia.
the fact he is in a game that capcom didnt Develop doesnt change the fact he was first shown and made a character in a game capcom did develop

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Well, I think Capcom helped with FSA, or Nintendo paid them for the license. And well Hyrule Historia was just desing notes, which are probably easier to get.

Seriously though when Link’s Awakening got stuff in it that was hype cause it was my first experience with Zelda.

OOS/OOA need some cause those are 3 of my all time fave Zelda’s.
Yes, I want Oracle content to, I was hoping so much that Ralph would be playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Din and Farore would have also been cool in it.
Don't forget to add Nayru with the Harp of Ages.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Possibly, but that wouldn't explain stuff like the villains being a literal roundtable group working with each other in KH1, summons being able to be used anywhere, and Maleficent showing up wherever she feels like. We also have instances of characters like Beast being introduced outside of their home worlds. KH1 didn't have a Beauty and the Beast world, but Beast was a party member in Hollow Bastion (which, granted, is an original world, but it's also basically the home of the Final Fantasy characters in the KH universe, so it's weird to introduce Beast there if there are crazy legal restrictions).

The only legal restrictions I know of that have had a notable effect in KH are:

-Mickey literally only having one line in KH1 was apparently a restriction by Disney. When KH was in the concept stages, Squaresoft wanted to make a 3D platformer starring one of Disney's mascots. Squaresoft wanted it to be Mickey since he's most recognisable, but Disney wanted it to be Donald because they didn't quite have enough faith to just let Squaresoft use Mickey from the get go. After some back and forth, they eventually reached the compromise of making an original character to serve as the playable hero. However, Disney were still being stingy about Mickey, and he was basically restricted to being a cameo. This is also why Sora travels with Donald and Goofy in KH1, but not Mickey. After KH1 sold well and was received with praise though, Disney loosened up on this and allowed Mickey to play a more prominent on-screen role as soon as the very next game, Chain of Memories.

-Squaresoft and later Square Enix were restricted to using IPs from the Disney Animated Canon unless told otherwise, which is why Pixar is only showing up now with KH3. Nomura has wanted Toy Story to be part of KH since the beginning (there exists concept are of the KH1 World Map that had a Pizza Planet world on it, and Buzz and Woody have unused, untextured models in the summon model files of KH2), but he was never given the greenlight on it until KH3. The only exceptions to this rule I know of are Nightmare Before Christmas (which I don't know why they let it be an exception really), Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Tron films (Pirates and Tron Legacy could at least be explained as an effort to promote the at the time new films).

-Tarzan hasn't been featured since KH1 due to Disney not having the license to the IP anymore. It's been completely retconned from KH canon, doesn't even show up in CoM which was literally a game about sorting through Sora's memories of KH1.
The Mickey restriction played to the game's benefit. I think it works better with Mickey off in the sidelines, where he can't pull all the attention away from everybody else.

As for Tarzan, Disney own the rights to their version of the animated Tarzan in perpetuity. And indeed, Tarzan characters have shown up in other video games post Kingdom Hearts. But there's a catch.

The reason Disney was allowed to own their Tarzan basically forever is because they were disallowed to license their version out. Since Square isn't a subsidiary of Disney, they can't use Disney's Tarzan without acquiring the rights to use Tarzan in general from the Burroughs estate. It's dumb, but that's lawyers for you.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So whose ready for the bridal banner tomorrow?

If your pulling, who for?

I’m going to try for Sanaki because I could use more mages and a flying one is always useful.

Then I’ll get for cordelia who I think will be on the tempest trial banner with the ones from the last year.

After that if I have anything left it’s getting saved for the legendary banner because Christmas units are going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom