• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Every time I check my Castle I see my 49 Refining Stones laughing at me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Flying Dancer and Flying Green Tome in one banner
>Marth getting an alt and it's free

1523127883046.jpg

Still gonna try for Ares but damn, I may need to go for this banner. Luckily it lasts the whole month.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since no one mentioned actually important news, Yoshimitsu is in Soul Calibur 6. He's got some extra tricks this time around, but I don't know if he has Triple Roundhouse Kicks and Manji Spin Kicks. I'm sure he'll have those, Shark Attack and the Kangaroo Kick too. There's only so the trailer can show obviously.

He's got yet another killer design. At the very least the Top 3 for SC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Just saw someone complain that Smash 4 had far too few female characters as a reason to add Krystal.

Smash 4 had Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Zero Suit Samus from prior games.

And added Wii Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Female Corrin, Wendy Koopa, Rosalina, Bayonetta, Female Villager, Lucina, and Palutena as options.

What is wrong with Krystal and Daisy fans that they in particular are always the ones saying their character needs to be added for more female representation? When last game went out of it's way to include as many female possibilities as possible.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized, is MeMeMe! Ninian the first unit with Chill Atk?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Actually, the "praline as a superhero" talk(and remembering her comic idea) gave me an idea for a topic: what would you want to have for a superpower if you were a superhero?
Basically, I want to hear about you guys' OVs, give me them!
Advanced Psychic abilities.
Basically Charles Xavier but without the benefit of also being Patrick Stewart.
though I could certainly fool people into thinking I am

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I just saw a small theory on MHA, it wasn't anything elaborate but then I looked some stuff up and they actually add up
Tagging CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix because he's the only other person here into MHA theories
The theory is that Gigantomachia is actually Crimson Riot, the Hero that inspired Kirishima, and that he'll be Kirishima's "final opponent" for his character arc, a potential prototype of a Nomu that AfO brainwashed.
His first full on-screen appearence is in a Kirishima-focused chapter(Ch.144 "RED RIOT") on KIRISHIMA'S FLASHBACK(the huge guy that Mina ends up taking care of).
Their builds are also similar enough and Gigantomachia's hair resembles Kirishima(it's not defined spikes like Crimson Riot's but resembling the one that took inspiration from Crimson Riot is a sign).
The anime hasn't shown Gigantomachia's hair color but the shading used in the manga is the same as Kirishima's hair(indicating it's also red). We also don't know what happened to Crimson Riot(he's stated to have been a "retro" hero but whether he's alive and just retired or dead whether from age or on the field is never told).

Like, ****, I like this theory because it does make sense and it would be a great way to give Kirishima more focus(which he more than deserves) but just imagining how my precious boy would react from having to fight his idol and seeing him in such a state would break me. Imagine if All Might was turned into a brainwashed-slave by AfO and Deku was forced to fight him, the kid would never recover.

You clearly underestimate us.
I've heard it before, but man oh man I'm glad you brought it up.

That would be the best direction for Horikoshi to go for Kirishima's character, where he initially hesitates and feels heartbroken about having to fight his idol (much like you said), but eventually finds it within himself to 'keep his ideals' (heh) in regards to his whole manliness schtick and ultimately defeats him.

Whether that's in terms of a physical battle or a psychological one (a la Deku vs Gentle) we'll have to see, but seeing Kirishima having to fight Crimson Riot and defeat him on his own in a fight would be the best way to wrap up his character arc imo.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
intimidation is a cowards tool korn :V

real fighters actually throw it

Nobody complained when Lyn, a 15-year old, was.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...t_remember_the_outrage_when_is_put_a_15_tear/

It's just more noticeable when one actually looks very young and the other doesn't, not to mention the Age change when it came over to the West, where Lyn became 18/19. Nevertheless, the double standards are still there.
Double standards in FEH?

I don't see anything new here...

Well, imagine that, after actually looking up and researching the Star Fox Grand Prix rumors I’m actually excited about the concept. Whooda thought?

I really like what I’m reading in this though. If this is real I’m super down for it.
RIP F-Zero though...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, kinda feel bad for Malos giving me Freemium now since my sole reason was to be able to invite lots of people in the PMs of a mafia game I'm working on.

In other words, basically added myself some pressure because I gotta host and finish the game before mid-August lol

But it's fine. Got enough roles to consider starting the game, so all I basically need now is my work schedule for summer to see when I can properly change phases.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've heard it before, but man oh man I'm glad you brought it up.

That would be the best direction for Horikoshi to go for Kirishima's character, where he initially hesitates and feels heartbroken about having to fight his idol (much like you said), but eventually finds it within himself to 'keep his ideals' (heh) in regards to his whole manliness schtick and ultimately defeats him.

Whether that's in terms of a physical battle or a psychological one (a la Deku vs Gentle) we'll have to see, but seeing Kirishima having to fight Crimson Riot and defeat him on his own in a fight would be the best way to wrap up his character arc imo.
Oh so it was more known than I had thought.
Actually, one way they could also handle it is by having it be a Bakugo and Kirishima tag battle by having Bakugo be the one who motivates Kirishima to fight. And outside of other reasons, when you look at the LoV, Bakugo doesn't seem to have a "final oppinent" like Shigaraki is to Deku, Toga is to Uraraka, Spinner could be for Iida and Dabi could be for Todoroki.
Actually, this makes me wonder how the LoV will be handled in the future, will we see some of them get arrested(or killed off but I find that unlikely) before the finale? And if so, who? Kurogiri got captured iirc but I doubt that's gonna stick for long and I really hope Compress and Twice make it to the end but they're not exactly put in opposition to a specific student and Twice is the one with the most amount of death flags.
Horikoshi please don't make my villainous family su.ffer

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, kinda feel bad for Malos giving me Freemium now since my sole reason was to be able to invite lots of people in the PMs of a mafia game I'm working on.

In other words, basically added myself some pressure because I gotta host and finish the game before mid-August lol
Hey, atleast you still can change your title and username.:teeth:

Really tho, I hope I didn't gave you too much problems.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hey, atleast you still can change your title and username.:teeth:

Really tho, I hope I didn't gave you too much problems.
Nah, it's fine. Was thinking of hosting it this summer anyway.

All you did was give me that little kick so I can't procrastinate since being Premium can be pretty useful when you're hosting a mafia game here.

So basically, you probably did more good than bad :chuckle:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, it's fine. Was thinking of hosting it this summer anyway.

All you did was give me that little kick so I can't procrastinate since being Premium can be pretty useful when you're hosting a mafia game here.

So basically, you probably did more good than bad :chuckle:
Oki doki.~

'glad that me kicking you in the butt made you happy in some way.:gova:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh so it was more known than I had thought.
Actually, one way they could also handle it is by having it be a Bakugo and Kirishima tag battle by having Bakugo be the one who motivates Kirishima to fight. And outside of other reasons, when you look at the LoV, Bakugo doesn't seem to have a "final oppinent" like Shigaraki is to Deku, Toga is to Uraraka, Spinner could be for Iida and Dabi could be for Todoroki.
Actually, this makes me wonder how the LoV will be handled in the future, will we see some of them get arrested(or killed off but I find that unlikely) before the finale? And if so, who? Kurogiri got captured iirc but I doubt that's gonna stick for long and I really hope Compress and Twice make it to the end but they're not exactly put in opposition to a specific student and Twice is the one with the most amount of death flags.
Horikoshi please don't make my villainous family su.ffer
Bakugo motivating Kirishima makes sense. Kirishima would be the only one he'd be willing to do that for in his class since he sees Kirishima as an equal- or as about as close as you can get anyway.

I think we'll get new additions to the LoV before anyone gets killed off again (RIP Magne). I feel like Bakugo will get someone in the LoV that will be his "final opponent" so to speak. There was that shady businessman guy that was going around helping the LoV out that was introduced earlier in the story, so I feel like he could recruit someone that would give Bakugo his first main adversary.

While on the topic of Kurogiri, I feel like his capture is going to eventually set up for something big, and considering that we saw...

Gentle being interrogated by the police, where he supposedly says (we only have Korean scans as of this post) he wants to redeem himself I'd like to think he'll do just that if there was ever a Prison Break Arc to free AFO (with Stain escaping in the chaos, of course)

D

Deleted member

Bakugo motivating Kirishima makes sense. Kirishima would be the only one he'd be willing to do that for in his class since he sees Kirishima as an equal- or as about as close as you can get anyway.

I think we'll get new additions to the LoV before anyone gets killed off again (RIP Magne). I feel like Bakugo will get someone in the LoV that will be his "final opponent" so to speak. There was that shady businessman guy that was going around helping the LoV out that was introduced earlier in the story, so I feel like he could recruit someone that would give Bakugo his first main adversary.

While on the topic of Kurogiri, I feel like his capture is going to eventually set up for something big, and considering that we saw...

Gentle being interrogated by the police, where he supposedly says (we only have Korean scans as of this post) he wants to redeem himself I'd like to think he'll do just that if there was ever a Prison Break Arc to free AFO (with Stain escaping in the chaos, of course)
A prison escape is highly likely but I think it might actually be the opposite: instead of AfO escaping, the LoV goes to him and AfO gives his Quirk to Shigaraki, turning him in the next user of All for One. We know AfO wants to pass down his Quirk to Shiggy and he doesn't really have any other purpose now. He says himself that his role is over and it's Tomura's turn to be the next face of evil so I couldn't really see AfO running around again. Hell, maybe even have a "I don't feel so good Shigaraki" moment where he passes away after giving his Quirk.

Mangastream already has the new chapter translated so you should read it because
Earlier this morning I had a thought "man it would be nice if UA hired La Brava to make their security system in return of not arresting her and Gentle. And yup, seems like this is the direction they'll be heading. Not exactly sure on Gentle but they pretty much implied they wanted La Brava's hacking techniques. God if they end up both working for UA I'm gonna be so happy. Imagime Deku going around in school when suddenly "Ah hi there young man, been a while, hasn't it?" and Deku is all like "WEREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE IN JAIL!?!?"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
BRIDAL THARJA YE--

Wait... why is she a red tome infantry unit just like her normal version? .___.

Sigh. Literally the only one of the four shown that isn't mounted.

Strangely that really kills it for me. I'll pull for her sure, but my +6 normal Tharja doesn't need a replacement or a twin.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now that my schedule doesn't require me to sleep in a few hours, a more elaborate post about Deadpool 2. Warning, I ramble and spoilers
Let's get this out of the way first and foremost, the movie isn't as good as Deadpool 1 in my eyes although still very enjoyable. I didn't keep up with trailers and I was pleasantly surprised to see Deadpool's more sympathetic side for Russel, knowing how Deadpool's been soft for kids and suicidal people in comics. Although mostly played for laughs, Deadpool also hits on Cable and Colossus which kinda shows how Deadpool isn't straight like in the comics better than the first movie did. Deadpool squeeing about Juggernaut the Huggernaut was also pretty great. It's also clear the movie's budget is a lot bigger this time around which is great. There's also some absolutely killer jokes in there, what immediately stuck to me are the jabs at Age of Ultron, the DCEU, Green Lantern and the Logan jokes? However, there are multiple things I didn't like. Yukio, Negasonic Teenage Warhead's girlfriend. She barely gets to do anything other than say "Hi Wade!" and that's a shame. Speaking of NTW, she doesn't do much this time around despite FOX making a deal with Marvel to give her more things to do to begin with. I didn't like the "Cable is racist lol" jokes as the joke got runned into the ground too hard, only being funny once, that being the first time. The first movie had a similar joke with the "Is it sexist if I kill you or sexist if I don't kill you?" joke, but that was a single joke that didn't try to become a running gag. One could also argue the same happened for Deadpool's diversity comments but Reynolds acts a little awkward and considering that it's more blatant that Deadpool isn't straight this time around, I'm willing to chalk it up to Deadpool trying to make sure the X-Force recruitments feel welcome around him. But to me, the movie is a victim of circumstance. For starters, TJ Miller was outed as a huge asshole, the transphobic sexual harasser kind who makes fake bomb threats kind, which made any moment with his character awkward to me, especially as I didn't find him funny in the first movie and lost respect for him prior to the revealing of him being an asshole. Second, Domino, I loved her character in the movie but it is VERY difficult to see a character who's power is ridiculously good luck when a stunt actor of hers died due to an onset accidental. And third, a personal reason, the cinema I saw the movie at got technical difficulties after the mid-movie break, with the screen flickering red and blue which hurt my eyes, a 15 minute delay, then a single frame constantly flickering for a while causing ANOTHER delay. I got compensated by the company but it made the movie feel like it dragged too long, especially with Deadpool's 'death' scene being pretty long ass is. I think I like the first movie more though that's probably because the first movie didn't suffer from circumstance and managed to be very enjoyable despite having a huge chunk of it's budget cut.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
A prison escape is highly likely but I think it might actually be the opposite: instead of AfO escaping, the LoV goes to him and AfO gives his Quirk to Shigaraki, turning him in the next user of All for One. We know AfO wants to pass down his Quirk to Shiggy and he doesn't really have any other purpose now. He says himself that his role is over and it's Tomura's turn to be the next face of evil so I couldn't really see AfO running around again. Hell, maybe even have a "I don't feel so good Shigaraki" moment where he passes away after giving his Quirk.

Mangastream already has the new chapter translated so you should read it because
Earlier this morning I had a thought "man it would be nice if UA hired La Brava to make their security system in return of not arresting her and Gentle. And yup, seems like this is the direction they'll be heading. Not exactly sure on Gentle but they pretty much implied they wanted La Brava's hacking techniques. God if they end up both working for UA I'm gonna be so happy. Imagime Deku going around in school when suddenly "Ah hi there young man, been a while, hasn't it?" and Deku is all like "WEREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE IN JAIL!?!?"
In hindsight, that makes more sense. A prison break arc it is then. AFO dying would thematically make sense too, I feel, especially with his little rant to himself in the aftermath of his fight against All Might.

RE: Chapter 183

Yeah, I just read it, and man, I really hope they end up working for U.A to redeem themselves. Maybe Gentle can start at the bottom of the barrel as a janitor and slowly work his way up and eventually reaching something more respectable for a guy like him... maybe he could be a teacher at some point, if he really pushes himself to change.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In hindsight, that makes more sense. A prison break arc it is then.

RE: Chapter 183

Yeah, I just read it, and man, I really hope they end up working for U.A to redeem themselves. Maybe Gentle can start at the bottom of the barrel as a janitor and slowly work his way up and eventually reaching something more respectable for a guy like him... maybe he could be a teacher at some point, if he really pushes himself to change.
God, janitor Gentle would be amazing, he'd just be spending most of his time cleaning the tea he spills.
Aizawa: "Why did we hire that guy again?"
Nezu: "He makes some great tea."

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can punch back, y'know

Speaking of which...

Check out Yang in BBCTB... again...

Also I don't know if this really helped fixing my Switch right joycon's joystick issue where the direction will slowly go back causing the direction idle a bit... this is be really bothering when playing any games that you have to use right joy stick a lot.
I bought this Cyber Clean Slime.... thing which is really useful for cleaning any dust that are in any small gaps...
I use it to clean the surface near the joystick... and proabbly because it has a bit of that alcohol wax... apparently it fixes my Joy stick...

My left joy stick suffered the problem a bit too, but now it is somewhat fixed as well.... going slightly top left still slows a bit but not that annoying.

So anyone who suffers Joy Con's Joystick lag, try out Cyber Clean....

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

i am impressed, you usually coward out or ignore it instead of taking the action, you earn a little respect

But it's fine. Got enough roles to consider starting the game, so all I basically need now is my work schedule for summer to see when I can properly change phases.
ya have praline as a co-host so she can help ya out, 2 people can do a lot of coordination

also if ya still need help even with that all ya have to do is ask anyone in the group:tired:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just saw someone complain that Smash 4 had far too few female characters as a reason to add Krystal.

And added Wii Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Female Corrin, Wendy Koopa, Rosalina, Bayonetta, Female Villager, Lucina, and Palutena as options.

What is wrong with Krystal and Daisy fans that they in particular are always the ones saying their character needs to be added for more female representation? When last game went out of it's way to include as many female possibilities as possible.
Part of that is because they probably are looking for reasons to get support for those characters. Can't say I gave too much of a **** either way when it comes to that stuff, just support whatever characters you like, but trying to fill quotas is reaching a bit.

I thought Dark Samus would be a cool last minute character, but that's because Dark Samus is cool as hell.

Also, yeah, Smash 4 has the most female characters in the series history and doubled the amount of them even if you exclude characters who have both sexes for the costumes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Sleeping on the good female characters like Isabelle who has merits. For shame, for shame.

Also, we need more nudist representation. Therefore more Pokémon is needed. :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Remember I’m cohosting it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
THE TOY STORY BATTLE THEME THO

I NEED THAT RIGHT NOW

ALSO THEY REMIXED OLD BOSS THEMES LIKE SHROUDING DARK CLOUD, THAT WAS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES

ALSO YOU CAN EXPLORE THE WHOLE STREET IN THE TOY STORY WORLD

Also they keep cutting out but is You Gotta A Friend In Me the Toy Story Field theme? Because if so, holy crap.

Also I was right about them having mid-gameplay chatter in this game, 0.2 sort of had it with Aqua talking to herself.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It’s funny how people are ******** about Sanaki but she’s clearly not a bride and makes no indication that she is

D

Deleted member

It’s funny how people are ******** about Sanaki but she’s clearly not a bride and makes no indication that she is
To be completely fair, her Japanese title does have the word "bride" in it.
Though they really should have just gone with anyone else for this banner other than her, they should have avoided any possible implication because, even if it wasn't IS's intention, it is going to feed into the minds of certain people.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be completely fair, her Japanese title does have the word "bride" in it.
Though they really should have just gone with anyone else for this banner other than her, they should have avoided any possible implication because, even if it wasn't IS's intention, it is going to feed into the minds of certain people.
They should have made a bride version of Ilyana. Call her the “Hungry Bride”. Now that would have been tiht.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom