• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
There should an option to combine colours for a username, now that be cool.
<wishes I could have a yellow colored username, but realizes that the default color names for non-Premium users is kind of yellow>

I think that should be ok, although I wouldn't mind a yellow and blue color combination. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
Some interesting trivia regarding the new Banner:
-Ninian was drawn by the artist who did Soleil and Halloween Nowi.
-Tharja was drawn by the artist who did Summer Corrin. With the Voting Gauntlet coming, she will enter her 5th VG.
-Sanaki is drawn by her original's artist. Sanaki is also our first Tellius Seasonal Unit, much like original Sanaki was the first Tellius unit to come out, when she first appeared on the Banner with Eldigan, Lachesis, Reinhardt, Olwen and Klein.
Sanaki is 10 years old in Path of Radiance. 13 in Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My greatest dream is to have one day a red username.

But since the only realistic way to get that is to be a mod, I prefer being just a blue ****. :v

Also, all those freemiun are here to show that Torna is a much better group that Mythra Mythra 's little **** of a driver group.

So if there is ever a poll for best XB2 character, you know who to vote for. ;)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Did you hear that season5 is the final season for iZombie?
I did not, thanks for the heads up!

It will be sad to see it go, but it had a good run, and one more season is nice. Any reason giving for it ending?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting to note

If you invert both the regular and shiny colors of Blastoise, the result has the body and shell switch colors (More or less)

So the inverted color of Blastoise is brown body with blue shell while the inverted Shiny Blastoise has a green body and purple shell

Though it's not the exact same shade. And a lot darker.

Inverted Blastoise.png

Here's a reproduction of what it'd be if you used the inverted colors without actually inverted

Edit: Green skinned, Purple shelled Blastoise is kinda awesome. I also kind of wish normal shiny Blastoise was a more saturated shade of purple than he is

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tfw there is no new One Piece chapter this week.

Oh well, Oda needs a break after all and he WAS rushed to do two chapters in less than two weeks just for Golden Week. Hence why the last chapter was too short (14 pages compared to the usual 20's).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can't say anything in this new Fire Emblem Heroes banner really interests me. I might try to pull for Ninian just to have a flying dancer in the absence of NY!Azura's, but those skills don't look too impressive to me. Maybe her stats will convince me otherwise. Tharja is the other unit that has some of my interest, but mainly because of the skills and her weapon.

It is nice to see Marth finally got a second variant of himself in Fire Emblem Heroes. I guess we no longer have to bring up how he still doesn't have some kind of secondary variant while the other popular and iconic Fire Emblem characters have been getting them first.

Besides that, something tells me I'll largely avoid this banner just to save up orbs for the Legendary Hero banner next month.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I did not, thanks for the heads up!

It will be sad to see it go, but it had a good run, and one more season is nice. Any reason giving for it ending?
I imagine they want to give it a solid end instead of just letting it go forever like a certain other zombie show.

I wonder if Blaine will finally be brought to justice or get killed by the end.

Ivander

Smash Legend

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So... anyone here played Little Nightmares? I’ve asked about it multiple times now and would like someone to tell me if it’s scary and if they recommend it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Nobody complained when Lyn, a 15-year old, was.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...t_remember_the_outrage_when_is_put_a_15_tear/

It's just more noticeable when one actually looks very young and the other doesn't, not to mention the Age change when it came over to the West, where Lyn became 18/19. Nevertheless, the double standards are still there.
to be fair they jsut made her legal age in the west to match her being legal age in japan, that being said yeah double standard

(the reason i bring that up is because in her endings she can get married and possibly have a kid and despite that being much later events its still being applied to a character who at the time would have been 15 and yeah that would have raised some eyebrows)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... anyone here played Little Nightmares? I’ve asked about it multiple times now and would like someone to tell me if it’s scary and if they recommend it.
It's more of a neat spooky experience game.

Though it's got some scary moments.

Also, everyone. I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks for the comments.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Tfw there is no new One Piece chapter this week.

Oh well, Oda needs a break after all and he WAS rushed to do two chapters in less than two weeks just for Golden Week. Hence why the last chapter was too short (14 pages compared to the usual 20's).
Well there goes what I was looking forward to :/

I'll just have to keep reeling in off how exciting 903 was. 904 was ok but a bit too short to appreciate the new characters.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Maybe Sanaki rushed to get married because she planned to kill her husband to gain a widow's peak to look better without the bandana:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nobody complained when Lyn, a 15-year old, was.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...t_remember_the_outrage_when_is_put_a_15_tear/

It's just more noticeable when one actually looks very young and the other doesn't, not to mention the Age change when it came over to the West, where Lyn became 18/19. Nevertheless, the double standards are still there.
Is it really a double standard though if western audiences were only exposed to the localized age though? The thing is for the majority of people who played her game/are familiar with the character, they are only going to know about the age change if they dig up that detail since it's not exactly important knowledge that is commonly shared. Additionally, Lyn doesn't look or act like a young girl in any of her portrayals (whether English, Japanese, or through her different alts and game appearances), so even if you're unfamiliar with the age her appearance and characterization would still have you believe she's an adult or at least close to it.

With Sanaki, not only is she introduced as a child in PoR (where she's first introduced to fans of the Tellius Saga) and a young Teen in RD, she's also portrayed as pretty young in Heroes as some of her quotes have her act a bit childish such as asking for candy. So there's a difference between Lyn and Sanaki's portrayal right there that may stir up more concerns with the latter then the former. Additionally, the artwork does lean more on her younger appearance from PoR rather then her RD one in her base form, which leads to some other questionable implications that Lyn never had.

In short, the 'double standard' only exists for those aware of the localization change, and even then ignores some of the finer details behind the outrage around Sanaki. Lyn is never portrayed as a young girl to audiences to stir up any concerns with being a bride, whereas Sanaki has and is still portrayed as young or at least younger then the other brides around her.

With all that said, it seems the localization noticed this beforehand as there were already a couple changes with her. Her original title was "Bridal Apostle" rather then the more ambiguous 'Apostle in White', and her spoken line in the trailer was more tsundere in the Japanese version compared to the more blunt tone the English one has.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, imagine that, after actually looking up and researching the Star Fox Grand Prix rumors I’m actually excited about the concept. Whooda thought?

I really like what I’m reading in this though. If this is real I’m super down for it.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im pretty sure I said we would get Star Fox in the E3 with Labo Arwings in a foresight post, but I can't find it :'V

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember when I talked about that naked Thanos meme? There exists a Tumblr blog all about a nude Thanos.

Sweet dreams.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could just use more Divine Dew in general. Still need to upgrade Marth's Falchion and Jeorge's Parthia.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My 3DS is acting up so I opened up the back and the battery pack is FAT

I read online that could be due to overcharging.

I know exactly when that happened too. There was a period of time I didn't play 3DS for a while but I left it on with the charger in.

Must have messed up the battery

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I could just use more Divine Dew in general. Still need to upgrade Marth's Falchion and Jeorge's Parthia.
I need feathers. Like, lots of them. Need to refine merge fodder.

Really should work on some GHB farmers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom