• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Suddenly hype

I don't know how many of you are in to Smash Bros Legacy (a Brawl hack ala Project M) but they have a new build that just came out today.

They even have a Ganondorf that actually plays the way he does in the Legend of Zelda games. Something I really want out of the official Smash games.

There's so much content packed in the mod. It's crazy.
xD The only thing that surprises me is that they got the original Narrator from Melee to work for this project, of course, he sounds pretty different without the reverb and filters he had in the game.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, all of this talk about character names make me nervous about the names of my character.

Like, they are some that I think I gave them a good name, but others...

I'm still debating about them.

Chrono.

They should get the guy from this trailer to be Smash 5's announcer. lol

I'm not even totally kidding, I'm a sucker for DJ-esque voices. One of the reasons why I love the KOF XIV and Maximum Impact announcers, and also CvS2.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They should get the guy from this trailer to be Smash 5's announcer. lol

I'm not even totally kidding, I'm a sucker for DJ-esque voices. One of the reasons why I love the KOF XIV and Maximum Impact announcers, and also CvS2.
My favorite announcer was always the Tekken 3 one. Though CvS2, Third Strike, Marvel 1, 2 and 3, MK, KI, Tekken 5, Smash 4 and FighterZ have good ones too. Marvel Infinite's is okay, but he's drowned out a bit by the sounds in-game.

Injustice has trash announcers though nothing hype at all.

D

Deleted member

>Character names

My character is called Aspyr, but then the друг meme came along. I'd jokingly pretend it was a codename all along anyways. I don't know to be honest. I've been taking a break from using the character as an avatar for some reason. I can't tell why. Maybe I wanted something different. I unironically got tired of the color green too. Perhaps the character can keep using green as the primary color, but for my Internet presences I think I'll move on to something else. I wanted some "glorious" return to form with the color I rely on the most, red. So when I made that Mario image last year, I picked up that color as a background. That gave me the idea to change the character's primary color from green to red. But I didn't like how it looked.

Last year started with a massive change on how I do things and think about them, so I went all in simplicity and used video game characters I am interested in as avatars instead of dull movie / TV characters (opinion, don't fret about it), but maybe there is an underlying reason as to why.

Earlier in the year, I showed some mockup drawings to some people on a server I now left and don't want to ever associate myself with and the reaction was rather lukewarm. Now, that's not why I stopped going to that server. I just had to put up with **** from someone else and I'm always the one at fault for the problems that come up. Obviously this shouldn't stop me from continuing with this thing, but it certainly gave me a second thought.

But I won't write the character off. I'd happily collaborate with someone to flesh things out and to make something out of it, as the character, like the old Flight character Sonic recolor, which is where my username comes from, really was only made for avatar usage in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Shishœ I think it depends when it comes to villains. It really does vary much like anything really. There's a lot of mediocre or ****ty villains out there for sure, even when a story has a great hero. But come on, you know there's some villains that blow there heroes out the water. Granted, IMO, if this is the case, it's usually just because the hero is bare bones. Like in old Didney movies or in video games. Like Sleeping Beauty, of course it's easy for Maleficent to seem amazing compared to Aurora and the Prince. They have no character.

Or even in a simple series such as Mario, Mario pails in comparison compared to Bowser, Wario, Waluigi. Luigi is great though when he's not just green Mario.

Also, on the subject of the Dark Knight. I don't think Christian Bale compares to Heath Ledger's. He's still good aside from the weird Batman voice, but he's not what makes the Dark Knight great, but doesn't hinder it all either.. And I'm not being biased or anything because everyone says I look like Christian Bale for some reason and call me Batman. Especially in highschool when I had shorter hair.

D

Deleted member

Got Ishtar and Ares with spending less than 30 orbs sweet. I could try to go for the dancer girl but I think I'll save since I already have axe Azura.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I kinda regret using my Orbs to pimp my castle. Looks freaking nice tho.

I hope F!Grima returns in the next Legendary Banner as Im tempted to summon now.

Chrono.

Andre 3000 just dropped two tracks.

Either I'm in the twilight zone or I traveled back to the late 90s.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
First a song that has Pikachu in its lyrics wins the Eurovision Song Contest and now Drake has released a song called Pikachu. GameFreak is really using all its guns in anticipation for the gen VIII reveal, huh. :smirk:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I kinda regret using my Orbs to pimp my castle. Looks freaking nice tho.

I hope F!Grima returns in the next Legendary Banner as Im tempted to summon now.
Oh heck no, pimping the castle is near mandatory. You pimp that **** to the goddamn max.

Grinding units to 40 is enough of a pain in the ass as-is, god knows what it'd be with a half-assed EXP bonus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Saw villain talk and I wanted to shill Evolt.
Evolt's first appearance is in the shadows after knocking the protagonist out and kidnapping a person of interest who can either help the protagonist's amnesia problem or the secondary protagonist's problem for being framed with murder, that sets up the mystery about him. The episode after that we get his proper introduction, in which he emails the protagonist and says "There's a monster in that area, good luck!". Then we see him napping on a bench before getting up with a cheerful "Time to go to work" vibe and shoots the monster with chemicals that make him stronger. Keep in mind, Evolt isn't set up as the main villain but rather as a general of the evil organization.
He's very likable due to his body language, speech patterns and other quirky traits like his tendency to slide through windows or nonchalantly throw chairs at his boss. After a while, his boss realizes Evolt can't be trusted as he keeps disobeying orders and turns out, Evolt wants the Pandora's Box, a Martian artifact which split the nation into 3 and contains incredible power surpassing any weaponry on Earth.
He then manages to disband the evil organization and ends up behind the scenes, manipulating the three governments to do his bidding, pestering the protagonists and performing his 'nature VS nurture' experiment on the protagonists, who are a scientist and a boxer respectively.
What also makes him great is that not only does he keep his fun mannerisms but when he ends up fighting, his skills prove to be more than just talk, constantly managing to keep up despite a significantly lower power level than the rest of the cast due to his defensive counter-based style, the only times he got his ass handed to him was if you used a new tactic he wasn't familiar with, which by the next day he's already manage to figure out how to counter it.
In the show's final quarter the secondary protagonist gets an upgrade that consistently beats him and Evolt's true nature starts showing more. He's absolutely mad and reveals part of his plan after getting beaten badly and having the incomplete Pandora's Box taken away from him. "The perfect vessel is finally finished... Now the perfect Driver is all I need...". Turns out, he's a Martian who destroyed everything on Mars other than the planet and artifact itself. Why? For ****s and giggles and he wants to do the same to Earth, prancing with glee to Beethoven's 9th symphony at the thought of slaughtering people.
After that he manages to get the perfect Driver he needed due to manipulating the protagonists and taking their prime minister hostage. After that he beats everyone despite being at 2% of his original power. At this point of the show, he poisoned the protagonist and kept baiting the secondary protagonist, who turned out to be his offspring (Evolt ***** a pregnant woman and his Martian DNA managed to override the father's cells). After a glorious one on one fight in which they literally set the actor of the secondary protagonist on fire, he wins and possesses the secondary protagonist, who was the perfect vessel. All this chaos and destruction, all this tragedy happening to everyone everywhere.
He's the cause of almost everything terrible that happened in the show, and it was just for fun. A chaotic villain who's been a consistent threat in a show where other villains job left and right after a while, who's usually behind the scenes or lurking in the shadows, doing all this just to destroy all life in the universe. His voice actor sounding deliciously hammy helps too

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Saw villain talk and I wanted to shill Evolt.
Evolt's first appearance is in the shadows after knocking the protagonist out and kidnapping a person of interest who can either help the protagonist's amnesia problem or the secondary protagonist's problem for being framed with murder, that sets up the mystery about him. The episode after that we get his proper introduction, in which he emails the protagonist and says "There's a monster in that area, good luck!". Then we see him napping on a bench before getting up with a cheerful "Time to go to work" vibe and shoots the monster with chemicals that make him stronger. Keep in mind, Evolt isn't set up as the main villain but rather as a general of the evil organization. He's very likable due to his body language, speech patterns and other quirky traits like his tendency to slide through windows or nonchalantly throw chairs at his boss. After a while, his boss realizes Evolt can't be trusted as he keeps disobeying orders and turns out, Evolt wants the Pandora's Box, a Martian artifact which split the nation into 3 and contains incredible power surpassing any weaponry on Earth. He then manages to disband the evil organization and ends up behind the scenes, manipulating the three governments to do his bidding, pestering the protagonists and performing his 'nature VS nurture' experiment on the protagonists, who are a scientist and a boxer respectively. What also makes him great is that not only does he keep his fun mannerisms but when he ends up fighting, his skills prove to be more than just talk, constantly managing to keep up despite a significantly lower power level than the rest of the cast due to his defensive counter-based style, the only times he got his *** handed to him was if you used a new tactic he wasn't familiar with, which by the next day he's already manage to figure out how to counter it. In the show's final quarter the secondary protagonist gets an upgrade that consistently beats him and Evolt's true nature starts showing more. He's absolutely mad and reveals part of his plan after getting beaten badly and having the incomplete Pandora's Box taken away from him. "The perfect vessel is finally finished... Now the perfect Driver is all I need...". Turns out, he's a Martian who destroyed everything on Mars other than the planet and artifact itself. Why? For ****s and giggles and he wants to do the same to Earth, prancing with glee to Beethoven's 9th symphony at the thought of slaughtering people? After that he manages to get the perfect Driver he needed due to manipulating the protagonists and taking their prime minister hostage. After that he beats everyone despite being at 2% of his original power. At this point of the show, he poisoned the protagonist and kept baiting the secondary protagonist, who turned out to be his offspring (Evolt ***** a pregnant woman and his Martian DNA managed to override the father's cells). After a glorious one on one fight in which they literally set the actor of the secondary protagonist on fire, he wins and possesses the secondary protagonist, who was the perfect vessel. All this chaos and destruction, all this tragedy happening to everyone everywhere. He's the cause of almost everything terrible that happened in the show, and it was just for fun. A chaotic villain who's been a consistent threat in a show where other villains job left and right after a while, who's usually behind the scenes or lurking in the shadows, doing all this just to destroy all life in the universe. His voice actor sounding deliciously hammy helps too
I mean.

I'm open to the idea?

But first you and your Enter key are gonna have to set aside whatever feud you've got going on and hug it out.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This better?
Better is perhaps a strong word, but I read it this time. Seems like a fair assessment.

I'm not usually big on villains who go all extinction-level event For The Evulz (or who do anything For The Evulz, for that matter) but the ones I do like are honest about their goal and entertaining to watch as they go about it. Sounds like this guy would fit the bill.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of For The Evulz type of vilains.

I think this kind of vilain can be good....aslong they are few or even only one in a gallery of vilain with complex motives. After all, some peoples are just born as asshole, give them the power to make their dreams come true and they use them to make others suffers. Of course, done it badly and you can make a very one dimensional vilain compared to the more "sympathic" or "Well-Intentionned Extremist" kind of vilain. But if you play your cards right, you can put a grim reminder that not everyone in the world can be resonate with on any levels. Which in big story with loads and loads of character, can be a benefit imo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I noticed there’s 2 different versions of Minecraft on the Switch. The “for Nintendo Switch” version that is out and a regular version that is coming out.

What’s the difference?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I noticed there’s 2 different versions of Minecraft on the Switch. The “for Nintendo Switch” version that is out and a regular version that is coming out.

What’s the difference?
IIRC, it's the same but "for Nintendo Switch" is becoming the upcoming one via update which has cross-platform with PC, mobile, & Xbox One.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

What’s the difference?
Did some digging.

The regular one is apparently a version that will have crossplay with everything but PlayStation.

But the "for Switch" version will get it for free anyway, so... literally none, I guess.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like the trending memes right now are "New Funky Mode!" from DKC:TF on the Switch and "I do not feel so good..." from IW.

D

Deleted member

Darling in the Franxx is like a madman in anime form, every episode I'm like "no way they're gonna do this" and then they ****ing do it. The absolute madman.
I'm so glad I managed to watch something this lore-heavy after Gravity Falls.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
But I'm not wrong :p
Nope your are because like I said Pyra looks more better...lol

And Octoling victory pose is gorgeous, at least when she is using regular Splatter weapons:

Curious her pose when using Dualies... hope it can be rad.

And there's isn't a slosher weapon in Splatoon where you throw out bubbles yet right?

More with anime stuff...
This week's Gun Gal Online episode is basically is a commentary episode... on the first episode... and 5....

It is awesome to see Toga in action... and in color, gonna need to get used it...

And oh boy... that creepy grin from Toga... I still think the manga very looks way wicked though.
The anime, Tog's VA nailed it.

And also this happened:

I also recommend the MHA spinoff manga, Vigilante: MHA Illegals, it's basically a prequel and man there are some contents in the manga that's way more dark than the original series.

Darling in the FranXX goes to another level... of that...
And looking at this girl your will wonder...
So far she's called Klasosaur Princess...

Basically the Skullgirl of Darling in the FranXX I suppose.. (Not really)

Darling in the Franxx is like a madman in anime form, every episode I'm like "no way they're gonna do this" and then they ****ing do it. The absolute madman.
Yeah, didn't expect they do "that" in the latest episode eh?

And saw this pic on Twitter:
Now I kind of want Little Witch Academia characters appear in BBCTB...

And here's an Inkling beng like Hello Kitty and 100% more cutter than her:
by moyashidayodayo

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Did it still keep that dumb "Men and women can only be happy when loving the opposite sex" or whatever the hell that was? Cause as petty as it sounds that turned me away from the show as soon as I saw it

D

Deleted member

Did it still keep that dumb "Men and women can only be happy when loving the opposite sex" or whatever the hell that was? Cause as petty as it sounds that turned me away from the show as soon as I saw it
It's Trigger, it's got your social commentary, and the direction they're going with Ikuno makes it very likely they'll have her end with Ichigo's partner considering everything that the children are told are lies on top of lies.
If not I'll riot

D

Deleted member

What killed the show for me was the very first episode one of the staff is groped by an old man and no one does **** about and it's just normal.

So yeah, **** this show lol.

D

Deleted member

for those that use the Pokken co controller for BBCTB, is the stick sinsitive on that because I plan on buying on
Pokken is a DPad controller but BRUHHH, it's bloody fantastic. Trust me, I know a lot about controllers and you will absolutely love it for fighters.

D

Deleted member

Also, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I found this post that I believe summarizes the basic stuff from DarliFra
Spoilers be warned
Basic premise is pubescent kids pilot giant mecha in m/f pairs via suggestivly posed drift compatibility. They defend the last of humanity from a mysterious threat in a post apocalyptic world. They are not literally having sex to make robots go, just metaphorically and it’s not handled so much as a joke but as a vehicle to illustrate different relationship dynamics, healthy vs unhealthy partnerships, etc. One of the characters is heavily implied to be a lesbian and as a result doesn’t synch optimally with others and another is pretty blatantly bisexual. The m/f requirement is imposed on them by the adults.

These kids are completely clueless when it comes to intimacy outside of drift compatibility. The adults deliberately leave them in the dark in terms of romance and physical affection, not even knowing what a kiss is. They are raised from birth to worship “Papa,” the leader of the human race who has fashioned themselves into something of a religious figurehead for the kids who attribute their existence to him. It is subtly established early on that the adults are exploiting these children (who from birth have been raised, trained and experimented on to ready them as pilots) budding sexuality in order to further their own agendas without giving them the proper knowledge to work through these feelings.

The whole genderless thing is a new reveal as of this week. The child pilots are the only humans who still are attributed a gender and experience physical attraction, and then only because it’s required to pilot the mechs. All of the adults in the world are genderless to the point of lacking any form of primary or secondary sexual characteristics. No reproductive organs, likely not even the concept of gender depending on how long this has been going on. The implication is that “humanity” is a race of clones. Children to fight and defend while the few adults we’ve seen not connected to the children spend their lives in nutrient tanks having their brains chemically stimulated during some kind of full dive VR.

Reproduction via sex is actually banned apparently, but the reason two of the characters were recently heavily implied to have done it was not out of rebellion and it’s been built up steadily over the course of the series. One of the characters in an early episode found a book on child birth in some ruins during a recreational outing. Since then she’s felt a growing desire to have a baby out of a sense of wanting to leave something behind were she to die. In the most recent episode she shared those feelings with her partner and in an emotional climax driven by the events of the episode they are shown to have slept with each other.

I think that covers most of it. I’ve stayed away from details as much as possible in case you do watch it. It’s one I can safely recommend checking out at least.
Alternatively, here's an abridged version
eed05ff4-5c67-4de9-8c52-a7f6e754f249.png
What killed the show for me was the very first episode one of the staff is groped by an old man and no one does **** about and it's just normal.

So yeah, **** this show lol.
That's sort of the point though. Not that an old man groping a woman is normal but to show that the Adults are devoid of emotion.

D

Deleted member

Also, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I found this post that I believe summarizes the basic stuff from DarliFra
Spoilers be warned

Alternatively, here's an abridged version

That's sort of the point though. Not that an old man groping a woman is normal but to show that the Adults are devoid of emotion.
She reacted emotionally and so did the old man though. There was no price for actions, and I don't think it's cool for the show to promote stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom