• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah no it's common to have nippleless chests especially in animation.
It's at best an unnecessary detail unless you're trying to be super realistic. And especially since you have to draw the same dude over and over along with everything else it helps to keep things simple.
As long as the bicep is there we will see it as a bicep.

This guy is an example of that I think.

It's like why many cartoon characters only have four fingers (Mickey, Spongebob, The Fairly Oddparents etc).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yeah no it's common to have nippleless chests especially in animation.
It's at best an unnecessary detail unless you're trying to be super realistic. And especially since you have to draw the same dude over and over along with everything else it helps to keep things simple.
As long as the bicep is there we will see it as a bicep.
Except, as BuzzFeed (mind the language past the link) helpfully pointed out, nipples in Disney animation had been a thing before and since and even during Aladdin.

Sure, we're talking small circles (or swirls in Herc's/Zeus' case) but they're there.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Thanks! I will enjoy my sleep.
Encouragement from Ridley's true propaganda artist is always nice to see and brightens me up.
xD This got me chuckling since I have been in a procrastination process to not draw Ridley and focus on playing a Naval Campaign, or focus into my Rayman projects. But I get ya, glad I could be of help.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guarantee you every other person in this thread enlarged that image and tried to find her nipples. They're just too embarrassed to admit it.
Can confirm.

Looked for nipples.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This talk made me realize P!Olivia isn't available as general hero summon :'V

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Despite me not playing Pokemon anymore, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces of fan art:

Pop artists as gym leaders! Found this on DeviantArt, made by an artist named "Brex5"
From left to right: Sia, Adele, Beyonce, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, and Katy Perry

Sia - Ghost/Psychic duo type Leader - Wig Badge
Adele - Normal Type Leader - Crying Badge
Beyoncé - Fighting Type Leader - Alliance Badge
Rihana - Fire Type Leader - ANTi Badge
Britney - Poison Type Leader - Venom Badge
Lady Gaga - Ice Type Leader - Monster Badge
Ariana Grande - Dark Type Leader - Danger Badge
Katy Perry - Fairy Type Leader - Prism Badge

Link to the artist's page: https://brex5.deviantart.com/art/POP-GYM-Leaders-631915537

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I beat the third and final game in the Ace Attorney Trilogy.

It was really good! I have quite a bit to say so I'll spoil it:
Picking up where I Last talked about the game, I really enjoyed it and out of the 3 I've played this is my favorite.

The cases where all really fun and had a great cast of characters. The scenarios really required thinking and had a lot of twists.

i liked the Mask De Masque case a lot as it focused on a theft first before a murder.

The next case was pretty fun too. Having Maggey back as the suspect was pretty funny and at that point, her and larry are in the same boat for bad luck lol. The fact that someone was able to impressionate Pheonix was hilarious and it was cool to see how it all tied together there.

The crime being acted out the second time was really surprising and I liked that scenario.

The next case was also great because it was a flash back and it was cool to play as Mia and see her first trial. That ending was pretty ****** up. I can see why it traumatized Mia. Seeing more of Goodot was interesting as it kick started his back story.

And damn Dhalia was an all around psycho. It's crazy to see how much she did and what led to each case she was involved in.

Moving onto the final case, this really cemented this as my favorite. Its a very lore heavy case and answers a lot about the previous cases this game.

The whole setup was insane with the burning bridge, pearl disappearing, and the murder. I guessed certain parts right away but not others.

I did not see the twin part or the way they carried the body happening. The characters here were all well developed too. I liked how they portrayed Iris even if she was the "good" twin. The whole channeling of Dhalia through Maya was genius too. Its rough that in the end Misty died but seeing that they all worked together to try and prevent this from happening was nice.

It was also great to be able to play Edgeworth and having Von Karma return and actually help with the investigation. Edgeworth was greatly written and I liked how truly cares about everyone in the main cast. Even Von Karma was on a more nicer level too.

The final part of the trial was filled with twist after twist. The maya channeling Dhalia and her entire testimony was pretty dark, but I loved how savage Mia was to her in destroying another plan pf Dhalia's. Then getting the full background to Goodot was nice. He was pretty respected in the end even if he was the murderer. I didn't think he was in a coma though, but I figured he had to be Diego. That was a pretty sad back story and it helped emphasize with him.

Finally, the ending revealing that Iris was the one that was dating Pheonix the whole time was really sweet. I never thought of this at all, but it make sense when think back to the first trial and how she made a sweater for him, which seemed way out of character for dhalia, and I thought about it hinting at something, but ultimately figured it was just a coincidence until this case. It explained the sweet side to Dhalia that Pheonix knew and why it was that way.

The one scene in the credits where Iris mentions Pheonix visited her with everyone and never took his eyes off her and than getting slapped by Pearl was pretty funny. Pearl trying to ruining the best ship :p

This was a really great collection to play through. So what are the other ones in that in the series and which should I play next?

Really loving the series so far!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Despite me not playing Pokemon anymore, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces of fan art:

Pop artists as gym leaders! Found this on DeviantArt, made by an artist named "Brex5"
From left to right: Sia, Adele, Beyonce, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, and Katy Perry

Sia - Ghost/Psychic duo type Leader - Wig Badge
Adele - Normal Type Leader - Crying Badge
Beyoncé - Fighting Type Leader - Alliance Badge
Rihana - Fire Type Leader - ANTi Badge
Britney - Poison Type Leader - Venom Badge
Lady Gaga - Ice Type Leader - Monster Badge
Ariana Grande - Dark Type Leader - Danger Badge
Katy Perry - Fairy Type Leader - Prism Badge

Link to the artist's page: https://brex5.deviantart.com/art/POP-GYM-Leaders-631915537
Shouldn’t Britney’s be the Toxic Badge?

D

Deleted member

Z25 Z25

3 is the best and absolutely fantastic, it won't ever be topped. I'd recommend skipping 4 as there is a significant dip in quality due to executive meddling and the narrative makes no lick of sense. Unless you really want to see the introduction of Apollo (which helps for understanding who he is for 5) skipping it is honestly fine.

If I were to recommend you a game to play first I'd recommend Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, it's actually written by the writer of AA and has a amazing story with amazing gameplay and graphics. Top 5 3DS game easily.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Except, as BuzzFeed (mind the language past the link) helpfully pointed out, nipples in Disney animation had been a thing before and since and even during Aladdin.

Sure, we're talking small circles (or swirls in Herc's/Zeus' case) but they're there.
I mean keep in mind it varies from artstyle to artstyle.
Like yeah it's all under one Disney, but they all have their varying styles and alterations. Especially renaissance Disney liked to experiment with different styles. Especially with different directors who have different visions on what the movie should look like.
With Genie I would probably say it's more of a caricature thing. Moreso a jokey joke as he goes without nipples for the rest of the film.

I will say though, this one comment on the article bugs me:
"Shang in Mulan did NOT have any (from what I could tell), but everyone else did. Thanks for being inconsistent Disney."
Yes because the worst thing about Mulan was some dude didn't have nipples. I mean it's not like multiple people worked on the project, many of them with differing ideas on art. And I'm guessing Disney themselves didn't give a crap over whether or not some man had two tiny spheres are are biologically useless to men. Because I'm also assuming it really has nothing to do with the movie or quality of said movie.

Thanks Disney. You ****ups.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25

3 is the best and absolutely fantastic, it won't ever be topped. I'd recommend skipping 4 as there is a significant dip in quality due to executive meddling and the narrative makes no lick of sense. Unless you really want to see the introduction of Apollo (which helps for understanding who he is for 5) skipping it is honestly fine.

If I were to recommend you a game to play first I'd recommend Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, it's actually written by the writer of AA and has a amazing story with amazing gameplay and graphics. Top 5 3DS game easily.
thanks for the recommendation. I may try four, but I’ll what it’s like and worse comes to worse I can read up on it haha and then go straight to five.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
And I'm guessing Disney themselves didn't give a crap over whether or not some man had two tiny spheres are are biologically useless to men.
Spheres? Mine are more of an irregular prism, like a cylinder and a sphere had a love child. Dunno what yours are like.

Anyway I ain't too serious about it. I understand the technical reasoning behind the missing nip nops, I just learned something new today and was baffled by it momentarily.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can't believe two grown men just had a sort-of argument over Disnipples.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't believe two grown men just had a sort-of argument over Disnipples.
So if we talk about Disney characters' junk we would be talking about Disnuts?

Got em!

I know where's the door... sorry

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So if we talk about Disney characters' junk we would be talking about Disnuts?

Got em!

I know where's the door... sorry
I'm really dissapointed in you Mythra.

I thought you had higher standard.

The real Mythra would have found a way to talk about futa in some way.:troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm soft resetting for a shiny Lugia.
I keep checking online to make sure I'm not on a fool's errand.
Looks like it took other people 10's of thousands of soft resetting to get it

Or those lucky ******** that get it on their first try

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
are they really people who get shiny legendaries on their first tries? i always thought the ideas are myths

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It just hit me. With all those recent Disney hits announced for their new game?

Where the hell is Baymax? I thought he'd be one of the first revealed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It just hit me. With all those recent Disney hits announced for their new game?

Where the hell is Baymax? I thought he'd be one of the first revealed.
True, but technically he is Marvel. Just very, very, very different from his comic counterpart. So he could be introduced with other Marvel characters, if this game pulls a Disney Infinity.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
This was a really great collection to play through. So what are the other ones in that in the series and which should I play next?

I'm so happy that you are enjoying Ace Attorney. I remember when I finished the trilogy I felt empty inside hahaha, luckily I had plenty of games from the series to play still.

In my opinion AA6 is better than AA3, but almost everyone will agree with you that 3 is the best.

Also, I simply can't recommend skipping a game, even if it's AA4, the one considered by most the worst. Yes, it might be the worst from a writting perspective, and do many things wrong, but that first case is brilliant, the best first case in the series even. After that goes downfall. I personally like the last case, but I can understand the issues people have with it. Either way, I still recommend playing it, it has some amazing moments, and some stuff that appears there will be good to know for the next entries(Mainly for AA6 if I recall correctly).

But if you are hesitant, I'll do what Kokonoe said and play Layton VS Wright first. It's a spin off and after playing the trilogy you will get any reference they make. And it's fairly easy compared to the rest of the games in the series. If you are worried about the Layton part, don't worry, because it's the first Layton game I played and from my understanding it's also easier than other in the series. Level 5 did some really cool stuff with the presentation, Capcom should have taken some notes about it.

The other one you can play is Ace Attorney Investigations. It's a brilliant spin off, it does many things differently, and I really enjoyed playing them. Sadly the first game has some pacing issues... Ace Attorney Investigations 2 takes everything that the first game had and made it better, but it wasn't localized sadly. Those two games are really rare and difficult to find and play, so maybe it would be better to go to them when you are done with the main series. They are really good.

Or, you can play The Great Ace Attorney! It's also a spin off where... Oh yeah, it wasn't localized either. Dammit Capcom why you don't want my money

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I beat the third and final game in the Ace Attorney Trilogy.

It was really good! I have quite a bit to say so I'll spoil it:
Picking up where I Last talked about the game, I really enjoyed it and out of the 3 I've played this is my favorite.

The cases where all really fun and had a great cast of characters. The scenarios really required thinking and had a lot of twists.

i liked the Mask De Masque case a lot as it focused on a theft first before a murder.

The next case was pretty fun too. Having Maggey back as the suspect was pretty funny and at that point, her and larry are in the same boat for bad luck lol. The fact that someone was able to impressionate Pheonix was hilarious and it was cool to see how it all tied together there.

The crime being acted out the second time was really surprising and I liked that scenario.

The next case was also great because it was a flash back and it was cool to play as Mia and see her first trial. That ending was pretty ****** up. I can see why it traumatized Mia. Seeing more of Goodot was interesting as it kick started his back story.

And damn Dhalia was an all around psycho. It's crazy to see how much she did and what led to each case she was involved in.

Moving onto the final case, this really cemented this as my favorite. Its a very lore heavy case and answers a lot about the previous cases this game.

The whole setup was insane with the burning bridge, pearl disappearing, and the murder. I guessed certain parts right away but not others.

I did not see the twin part or the way they carried the body happening. The characters here were all well developed too. I liked how they portrayed Iris even if she was the "good" twin. The whole channeling of Dhalia through Maya was genius too. Its rough that in the end Misty died but seeing that they all worked together to try and prevent this from happening was nice.

It was also great to be able to play Edgeworth and having Von Karma return and actually help with the investigation. Edgeworth was greatly written and I liked how truly cares about everyone in the main cast. Even Von Karma was on a more nicer level too.

The final part of the trial was filled with twist after twist. The maya channeling Dhalia and her entire testimony was pretty dark, but I loved how savage Mia was to her in destroying another plan pf Dhalia's. Then getting the full background to Goodot was nice. He was pretty respected in the end even if he was the murderer. I didn't think he was in a coma though, but I figured he had to be Diego. That was a pretty sad back story and it helped emphasize with him.

Finally, the ending revealing that Iris was the one that was dating Pheonix the whole time was really sweet. I never thought of this at all, but it make sense when think back to the first trial and how she made a sweater for him, which seemed way out of character for dhalia, and I thought about it hinting at something, but ultimately figured it was just a coincidence until this case. It explained the sweet side to Dhalia that Pheonix knew and why it was that way.

The one scene in the credits where Iris mentions Pheonix visited her with everyone and never took his eyes off her and than getting slapped by Pearl was pretty funny. Pearl trying to ruining the best ship :p

Play Apollo Justice next or you'll be lost going into Dual Destinies in regards to Apollo, Phoenix, Klavier and Trucy. It's the weakest game in the series but still worth playing. Also the spritework and music are fantastic so it's worth it for that.

After that it's Dual Destinies and then Spirit of Justice.

If you want more classic Phoenix and Maya, Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney has that and more. However, I would recommend playing at least the first three Professor Layton games beforehand, as the game is best experienced if you like both franchises.

Also, Ace Attorney Investigations is great of you fancy playing as Miles Edgeworth. Also has fantastic spritework and music. The sequel to it never got localised officially, but there is an easy to use and really well-made fan translation patch.

Then you can import The Great Ace Attorney games because they are amazing but we will never get them officially and the fan translations aren't done.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I still wonder why Mario got them and Link, one that in previous incarnation has had them (Like in TP), got them removed? They were just part of the model's texture, and even so, they were not THAT visible. xD And I also wonder where's is that concept art of BoTW Link wearing nothing, looking like a Ken doll. It got posted here once.
It's pretty obvious Farore clearly saw Link didn't need them. :troll:

This is actually pretty simple to explain.

Mario and Zelda both have very stylized art direction, but they went in vastly different directions.

Mario has stylized shapes and forms, but realistic materials. His skin looks like skin, his clothing looks like cloth, his hair looks like hair, etc. With this attention to detail, the absence of nipples stands out more than having them does.

But for Zelda, at least for BOTW, the models themselves are more realistic in shape and proportion (obviously there's an anime bend to them, but it's within reason for a realistic figure), but the rendering is simple. Flat, cell shaded, with almost no material definition. In this case, part of the design language is removing extraneous details. It's a bit like how you never really notice Aladdin has no nipples until someone points it out.
Holy ****, your right. Aladdin does have no nipples.

View attachment 143807

I'M DOIN IT.
View attachment 143810

I'M DOIN IT. I'M ****ING DOIN IT.
Oh look, red finally found a wig to cover up his shame of being bald. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom