• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
BUT WAIT, what about that bulge on the right breast?
Am I thinking this too much?
What you're missing is perspective. You're not looking at her straight on, you're looking up at her. Those little shadows you're seeing are indentations of the underlying layers of cloth.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I still wonder why Mario got them and Link, one that in previous incarnation has had them (Like in TP), got them removed? They were just part of the model's texture, and even so, they were not THAT visible. xD And I also wonder where's is that concept art of BoTW Link wearing nothing, looking like a Ken doll. It got posted here once.
Link is meant to relate to the player as much as possible.

Making him a Barbie doll means he has no specific gender, so he doesn't fall under a gender more than another :troll:

D

Deleted member

Tried some of the BBCTB demo and... Yeah, this is not for me. Why can't fighting games have simple button inputs? Not onoy do I have to memorize different command lists for different charaters but they're also unnecessarily hard to pull of. And is there any reason to not just spam the partner double attack?
The fact the demo doesn't even have a training mode certainpy doesn't help either.

D

Deleted member

I still wonder why Mario got them and Link, one that in previous incarnation has had them (Like in TP), got them removed? They were just part of the model's texture, and even so, they were not THAT visible. xD And I also wonder where's is that concept art of BoTW Link wearing nothing, looking like a Ken doll. It got posted here once.
Yes, I have no idea why BOTW Link did not have them removed but they allowed the most family friendly character to have nipples. It did bother me.
Also BOTW Link does look like a Ken doll. You are right on that term. Remember the image of Link where he had no clothes on but no private parts?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
OOH.
Would the nipples be here? The bulges confused me, you are right.
Closer. Uni had it, but he got embarrassed and deleted it, lol.

You gotta think about how shadow denotes form. A nipple won't be a little dark mark like what you've originally highlighted, because it wouldn't cast a shadow that way. Nipples are round, and cast a soft, rounded shadow. Harsh little shadows like what you highlighted are from where cloth is bunched and folded in ways that creates harsh, stepped shadows.

And all you prudes complaining about the topic, it's art. Art has nipples.

D

Deleted member

Closer. Uni had it, but he got embarrassed and deleted it, lol.

You gotta think about how shadow denotes form. A nipple won't be a little dark mark like what you've originally highlighted, because it wouldn't cast a shadow that way. Nipples are round, and cast a soft, rounded shadow. Harsh little shadows like what you highlighted are from where cloth is bunched and folded in ways that creates harsh, stepped shadows.

And all you prudes complaining about the topic, it's art. Art has nipples.
Dang it, so close.
Ah good job Stoopid.
Infinity War 2 is looking lit.
MEMETHRA STRIKES BACK!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
vaanrose vaanrose
Did I do it? ( Magenta is new )
Green was closer for left boob.

More confident for this since I know I'm right now :V

considering i've givenhim nothing but suffer eternal pain forever, i think its obvious where its going
You didn't give me pain that time I got a heat stroke.

You just panicked as if I was dying :V

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tried some of the BBCTB demo and... Yeah, this is not for me. Why can't fighting games have simple button inputs? Not onoy do I have to memorize different command lists for different charaters but they're also unnecessarily hard to pull of. And is there any reason to not just spam the partner double attack?
The fact the demo doesn't even have a training mode certainpy doesn't help either.
You know I was gonna say that about Smash.
Really Smash doesn't need all the commands it does. Like you have jabs, tilts, Smashes, aerials, grabs. It's just a lot of work to understand and pull off. It brings an unnecessary wall of entry for beginners. And if you don't learn it like the pros you never "get gud", well maybe I don't want to play in tournaments.

I feel like for Smash 5 Nintendo really needs to tone it down a notch. Like maybe just special moves. Instead of having like 40+ moves I'm supposed to relearn for every character, I only need like 5. I feel like it'd really help bring in more people to Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man. After you guys telling me to stop, I keep on going.
Why am I such an annoying fool?
I am surprised no one ignored me.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Green was closer for left boob.

More confident for this since I know I'm right now :V

You didn't give me pain that time I got a heat stroke.

You just panicked as if I was dying :V
....well duh

its like how i treat my family

i may give ya eternal suffering, but i still care about you :sadeyes:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This is actually pretty simple to explain.

Mario and Zelda both have very stylized art direction, but they went in vastly different directions.

Mario has stylized shapes and forms, but realistic materials. His skin looks like skin, his clothing looks like cloth, his hair looks like hair, etc. With this attention to detail, the absence of nipples stands out more than having them does.

But for Zelda, at least for BOTW, the models themselves are more realistic in shape and proportion (obviously there's an anime bend to them, but it's within reason for a realistic figure), but the rendering is simple. Flat, cell shaded, with almost no material definition. In this case, part of the design language is removing extraneous details. It's a bit like how you never really notice Aladdin has no nipples until someone points it out.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I was actually pinpointing on how BOTW Link looked like a Ken Doll as an example.
Uh... you asked why it was made, and you got your answer, to use it as the base for his clothing designs with the exact same proportions.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Guys. I feel really ashamed of myself. I wish I never made that conversation. No reason why I have no friends.
Man. After you guys telling me to stop, I keep on going.
Why am I such an annoying fool?
I am surprised no one ignored me.
Tomorrow, I will try to be a better person.
For this whole week, my personality was "destructive" in this website.
I guarantee you every other person in this thread enlarged that image and tried to find her nipples. They're just too embarrassed to admit it.

D

Deleted member

Sigh...
I feel really ashamed, so try not to make fun of me for my "nipple" action.
I am tired of having no friends. The other IRL people all brush me off because of my personality and go back to whatever they do. If they talk to me, they only do so just for the gigs, not seriously. I am tired of myself and I demand to myself a personality change.
It is difficult for me to love myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
um...i don't think anyones making fun of you shiny

at least i don't know as i've been semi ignoring the conversation :V

if anyone actually is....**** them

D

Deleted member

um...i don't think anyones making fun of you shiny

at least i don't know as i've been semi ignoring the conversation :V

if anyone actually is....**** them
NOT YOU GUYS!
You guys are fun.
The IRL people on the other hand......
They barely care about me. I feel like I am truly respected by only my family.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Sigh...
I am tired of having no friends. They all brush me off because of my personality and go back to whatever they do. If they talk to me, they only do so just for the gigs, not seriously. I am tired of myself and I demand to myself a personality change.
Stop that.

The artist drew it that way on purpose. You're supposed to react like the Tex Avery wolf.

D

Deleted member

Stop that.

The artist drew it that way on purpose. You're supposed to react like the Tex Avery wolf.
Is that so? I thought those were nipples, but they are probably cloth wrinkles.
You are correct.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sigh...
I am tired of having no friends. The other IRL people all brush me off because of my personality and go back to whatever they do. If they talk to me, they only do so just for the gigs, not seriously. I am tired of myself and I demand to myself a personality change.
There's really no need for you to taking this so personal. Worse things have been discussed here before. From what I have seen, what was just discussed is NOTHING in comparison.

And there was no harm done with this anyway. Just jokes and sarcasm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's really no need for you to taking this so personal. Worse things have been discussed here before. From what I have seen, what was just discussed is NOTHING in comparison.

And there was no harm done with this anyway. Just jokes and sarcasm.
Oh, okay. I see your point. This helped me a bit. :)

I think I need to sleep.
Good night folks.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah no it's common to have nippleless chests especially in animation.
It's at best an unnecessary detail unless you're trying to be super realistic. And especially since you have to draw the same dude over and over along with everything else it helps to keep things simple.
As long as the bicep is there we will see it as a bicep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom