• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen you're the tokusatsu person here, right? I was wondering, any idea on how iconic is whatever Sentai the first Power Rangers got footage from was in comparison to what it became in the west?
Ah, I see someone wishes to be informed by me. Very well *opens Gwen's Big Toku Book*
Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger is what you mean. From what I can gather, it's liked in Japan, but only that, it was the first time the franchise had a Sixth Ranger that was actually a Ranger (Previously they'd not technically count, see Big One or X1 as examples). However, other than Burai, the Dragon Ranger, it's ok. You have to realize this came out immediately after Chojin Sentai Jetman, which outright saved the franchise from dying due to it's love triangle between 3 rangers and villains bringing in viewers and toy sales. Zyuranger WAS noteworthy enough to have their 'ultimate power' be a mech in Gokaiger, being one of the 3 forms of Gokai Silver's GoZyuJin, specifically, it had the form of GoZyuDrill for some reason.
*closes Gwen's Big Toku Book* This will be on the test

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Wait? When was Babylon released? Was it released before 2017? They really only released 3 Riders in 2017? Cause good lord....

Actually, when I look at the list of Servants released for 2017, not alot of new Servants were released last year. That's rather sad.
Babylonia was released on December of 2016, they even had to release the Christmas event at the end of November before it to make space for the finale of the story.

I blame it on that most of last year's events were reruns, thus most banners had pre-existing Servants.
Ah, I see someone wishes to be informed by me. Very well *opens Gwen's Big Toku Book*
Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger is what you mean. From what I can gather, it's liked in Japan, but only that, it was the first time the franchise had a Sixth Ranger that was actually a Ranger (Previously they'd not technically count, see Big One or X1 as examples). However, other than Burai, the Dragon Ranger, it's ok. You have to realize this came out immediately after Chojin Sentai Jetman, which outright saved the franchise from dying due to it's love triangle between 3 rangers and villains bringing in viewers and toy sales. Zyuranger WAS noteworthy enough to have their 'ultimate power' be a mech in Gokaiger, being one of the 3 forms of Gokai Silver's GoZyuJin, specifically, it had the form of GoZyuDrill for some reason.
*closes Gwen's Big Toku Book* This will be on the test
Interesting, thanks.

Somehow I didn't expect it to be big in all honesty.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's me when you post the Riding Kamens. :p
That's a lie and you know it. It'd be "LOOK AT HER. LOOK AT HER AND LAUGH" instead :p
Babylonia was released on December of 2016, they even had to release the Christmas event at the end of November before it to make space for the finale of the story.

I blame it on that most of last year's events were reruns, thus most banners had pre-existing Servants.

Interesting, thanks.

Somehow I didn't expect it to be big in all honesty.
It REALLY isn't outside of Burai, when the Power Rangers 2017 movie trailers hit Japan, Japanese people were saying multiple things, but most noteworthy was "Why do Americans love Zyuranger so much?". In hindsight they probably just wanted 3 dinosaur things for GokaiSilver. (Remember TimeFire/Quantum Ranger's mech in Timeranger/Time Force?) Funny enough just 2 seasons later we got a third dinosaur season

Ivander

Smash Legend

I guess I can't entirely fault them for it, considering the re-runs were most likely for newcomers or those who missed the last events. I mean, last year, if you didn't have Caster Elizabeth or Santa Alter from the years before, you couldn't get them last year as the re-runs were for Saber Elizabeth and Santa Alter Lily only.
But still, the amount of new Servants last year feels rather lackluster, which is somewhat sad as there are other Servants from other works that haven't been released yet and you have mentions of other candidates that haven't appeared yet, like Lincoln, Bradamante, Calamity Jane, Saber Diarmuid, Scipio, etc.
And it's an insult at how very little Roman Servants there are. I mean, besides Nero in different outfits, I don't think they've released any new Roman Servants since launch.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't get me wrong, Great Saiyaman's my guy. But what if Postboy Piccolo is a costume. Also, I kind of really want Kai outfit Gohan anyhow, that suit isn't in a ton of games, except Super DBZ as far as I know. DBS Trunks would make a lot of sense.

D

Deleted member

So where is all of the EVO drama?
That's me when you post the Riding Kamens. :p
Did you just style on Best Gwen?
Either Red is doing a Shiny impression or the stuff I posted was actually good.

Either way, I'm now at 40k likes...

Do I deserve them? I honestly didn't think I'd reach that number...
You do deserve them, you are a good person.
I've been typing this in multiple discord channels.

Mii Fighters are legal in Injustice 2.

I'm curious how their community will react to this and if they can avoid the same problems ours has faced.

I also think our community could learn a thing or two if the reception is positive.
Hey NINTENDO Galaxy, you should stay here more often. You would like it a lot, as I see you in the Competitive V4 Thread a lot. We are a nice group of people.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Working backwards and catching up on **** I missed.

Tucking for manageability.

Nah man you're good.

He thinks he's mature. :awesome:

Seriously though, Shiny, I'm just giving Uni grief. He's pretty much on the money with this one.

Take it to heart, and have hope.

Dangerously close to cribbing my lines, you are.

Side eye, I'm giving you.

Damn straight.

Oy now.

That's my origins too, and I ain't hating on anything.

I stand corrected.

I'll hate on haters.

"Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind."
— E. B. White

I don't normally repost the page quotes off TVTropes, but when I do, I really, really like them.

And if they ace that, you break out a Voight-Kampff machine.

I feel like Smash 4 has a little more staying power than Brawl did, overall.

But otherwise I'm inclined to agree.

No, no.

Finish that delivery of piping-hot truth.

Aaaaand I'm done.

Back to the present. Good show everyone.

The latter.

Working my way backwards through five-ish pages generates a lot of likes.
You’re done? But you didn’t even do anything.

Chrono.

Don't get me wrong, Great Saiyaman's my guy. But what if Postboy Piccolo is a costume. Also, I kind of really want Kai outfit Gohan anyhow, that suit isn't in a ton of games, except Super DBZ as far as I know. DBS Trunks would make a lot of sense.
People are sleeping on High School Uniform Gohan.

Also I know it's unlikely, but I would pay a lot for Trunks' Bojack movie outfit. Long hair and all.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ivander Ivander @Shishœ

I've sent you both friend requests on Fate/GO. My username is Erureido, and I have the following servants:

Lead servant: Cu Chulainn
Saber: Mordred
Archer: Nobunaga
Lancer: Scathach
Rider: Anne Bonny (still need to train her up since I just pulled her recently)
Caster: Medea Lilly
Assassin: Hassan
Berserker: Heracles

France and Okeanos have great writing. Septem is a real drop in quality though and focuses on Nero way too much. And while it is supposed to be her before she did some of her more bigger actions, the story tries way too hard to make Nero look like a saint. It hurts the development of the Servants helping her and it hurts her development from Extra.
London I heard has problems as well, but doesn't suffer from the lack of Servant interaction and character development that Septem lacked. And apparently, Hans and Shakesphere are awesome.
I'm about halfway through London, and it's definitely decent. Not as good as Okeanos, but it's enjoyable. I've just reached the part where Shakespeare is introduced, and he's pretty fun. Mordred is also a great character in that story as well.

I've been hearing the next Singularity, America, is also pretty bad writing-wise. Some fans have been saying it's about as bad as Septem was, but I'm not sure what's the fuss about that. Luckily, Camelot, the one after America, is really good and one of the biggest highlights.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I want thise but also I want Goku in the outfit he wore when he first met Future Trunks.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm about halfway through London, and it's definitely decent. Not as good as Okeanos, but it's enjoyable. I've just reached the part where Shakespeare is introduced, and he's pretty fun. Mordred is also a great character in that story as well.

I've been hearing the next Singularity, America, is also pretty bad writing-wise. Some fans have been saying it's about as bad as Septem was, but I'm not sure what's the fuss about that. Luckily, Camelot, the one after America, is really good and one of the biggest highlights.
I haven't heard much about America, other than that Cu Chulainn apparently gets Villain Sue treatment(due to him getting Alter'd/corrupted by Medb) and practically destroys everybody at any given moment until near the end of the story. But I heard that both Camelot and Babylon are both the big highlights and very good.
Than in terms of the Side Stories that come, by what I heard, Shinjuku is very good, CCC/Seraph is good, Agartha is not good, Shimosa is decent and Salem can either be hit or miss, depending on what you like in stories and whether or not you love Lovecraft. One thing I'll give Salem for what I have seen is that I like how the lower Star characters are given some good spotlight, especially Sanson.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am so bored right now, what does someone want to talk about?

It honestly amazes me how it will be a month since NintendoZone 6 and we are already nearing over five thousand posts. I could expect it to reach six thousand posts or more during February 16th.

Edit: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon HD DLC is cool I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People are sleeping on High School Uniform Gohan.

Also I know it's unlikely, but I would pay a lot for Trunks' Bojack movie outfit. Long hair and all.
Long hair Trunks is better, no doubt, but DBS Trunks would probably be in because of Goku Black. I'd want Bojack suit for Young Gohan too, crazy blue lighting on the hair as well. Unless he and Trunks get Saiyan armor suits. Goku's got a lot of options too, Battle damaged, Whis gi, Farmer, End of Z, Yardrat. The list goes on. High School Gohan ain't a bad choice but he also has his Purple gi too. Then there's Z Tien, Buu arc Tien, OG Dragon Ball Tien.

Vegeta would get Buu arc or Whis suit. But the BADMAN would make everyone hype.

I am so bored right now, what does someone want to talk about?

It honestly amazes me how it will be a month since NintendoZone 6 and we are already nearing over five thousand posts. I could expect it to reach six thousand posts or more during February 16th.
Because of Black Panther right? It should be as good as other Marvel movies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Long hair Trunks is better, no doubt, but DBS Trunks would probably be in because of Goku Black. I'd want Bojack suit for Young Gohan too, crazy blue lighting on the hair as well. Unless he and Trunks get Saiyan armor suits. Goku's got a lot of options too, Battle damaged, Whis gi, Farmer, End of Z, Yardrat. The list goes on. High School Gohan ain't a bad choice but he also has his Purple gi too. Then there's Z Tien, Buu arc Tien, OG Dragon Ball Tien.

Vegeta would get Buu arc or Whis suit. But the BADMAN would make everyone hype.

Are you talking about alt costumes or lobby avatars?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 136198

There.

Now you ain't even gonna sleep.
I am going to go deeper.
scares.PNG
Do I win? I found a Stupid Unicorn!
It is not because of Black Panther. Since I never play Fire Emblem or DBZ fighters, I just can not flow with the conversation. That movie looks pretty good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Welp, Eventhubs was wrong and I fell for the bait.

Eventhubs is always wrong. They base their tier lists on votes which is dumb. For example, Cloud used to be highest out of everyone at the time by many points. Having tier lists based on votes is dumb, and there are other flaws out there.
Well there's a live action Kim Possible movie in the works
Oh really? Never heard about that movie, seems interesting. I do not think I have ever seen the show at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eventhubs is always wrong. They base their tier lists on votes which is dumb. For example, Cloud used to be highest out of everyone at the time by many points. Having tier lists based on votes is dumb, and there are other flaws out there.

Oh really? Never heard about that movie, seems interesting. I do not think I have ever seen the show at all.
Disney announced it today so it makes sense you didn't know about it. Dunno how to feel about the live action **** Disney's trying to do lately, especially as they apparently want to do blackface as they couldn't find any famous actors who could sing with the right skin colour for Alladin

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I guess I can't entirely fault them for it, considering the re-runs were most likely for newcomers or those who missed the last events. I mean, last year, if you didn't have Caster Elizabeth or Santa Alter from the years before, you couldn't get them last year as the re-runs were for Saber Elizabeth and Santa Alter Lily only.
But still, the amount of new Servants last year feels rather lackluster, which is somewhat sad as there are other Servants from other works that haven't been released yet and you have mentions of other candidates that haven't appeared yet, like Lincoln, Bradamante, Calamity Jane, Saber Diarmuid, Scipio, etc.
And it's an insult at how very little Roman Servants there are. I mean, besides Nero in different outfits, I don't think they've released any new Roman Servants since launch.
Personally I only find it a shame we haven't had any reruns of the collab events. I can get an idea it's because of copyrights, but so many out there want Shiki, Iri and Kuro due to how great they are. But yeah, there were months where our only banners didn't really contain anything new.

To me, I actually really need to get Sita and hoped last year she would get released to reunite her with my Rama, but alas, nothing happened.

Nope, only Neros.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fire Emblem Warriors Shadow Dragon DLC details were in Famitsu

- Groom Marth, Bride Caeda, Flower Girl Tiki and Swordmaster Lyn (her Awakening look) costumes
- Broken Armour for SD cast + Lyn, Celica and Anna
- Caeda apparently gets the Wing Spear Opossum Opossum
- New weapon skills (STR/MAG swapped with DEF/RES, respectively, Gender based skills (more damage to same/different sex), Finisher focus (Stun Gauge depletes quicker), Anti-Air focus (more damage to juggled enemies)
- Devil Mountain (Navarre), Princess Minerva (Minerva funnily enough) and Norda Market (Linde) history mode maps
- Level Cap increased to 130
- New Blessings (Stat raisers, Bond booster and a Swift Attack one)
- Minerva's skill is Iote's Shield (nullifies damage effectiveness) and Navarre's is Solitary (Stats raised if not paired up). Linde's isn't mentioned.

Comes out on the 15th February.

Oh my god this is actually wonderful.

WING SPEAR.
Bride Caeda and Groom Marth is incredibly wholesome and Flower Girl Tiki just completes it. **** it. This is canon now. The original Fire Emblem power couple had Tiki as their flower girl. Rock that suit, Marth.
WING SPEAR.
Oh my god Minerva looks fantastic. Rightfully badass and awesome. Best Dracoknight/Wyvern Rider in the series deserves it. She's the highlight of the new characters. Plus she gets Iote's Shield.
WING SPEAR.
Knorda Market being a map is giving me Ballistae flashbacks and I don't like it.
WING SPEAR.
The Devil's Teeth being a map makes me sad Lena isn't in Heroes yet, never mind Warriors. Add her, IS.
WING SPEAR.
Princess Minerva was one of my favorite Shadow Dragon maps so it makes up for Knorda Market.
WING SPEAR.

Still sad they picked Linde over Merric though. They're both great, but Merric IMO has a much stronger case for being there.
Still though, I give it a "I'm glad IS is finally giving Caeda her prf weapon"/10

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

WING SPEAR.
Bride Caeda and Groom Marth is incredibly wholesome and Flower Girl Tiki just completes it. **** it. This is canon now. The original Fire Emblem power couple had Tiki as their flower girl. Rock that suit, Marth.
WING SPEAR.
Oh my god Minerva looks fantastic. Rightfully badass and awesome. Best Dracoknight/Wyvern Rider in the series deserves it. She's the highlight of the new characters. Plus she gets Iote's Shield.
WING SPEAR.
Knorda Market being a map is giving me Ballistae flashbacks and I don't like it.
WING SPEAR.
The Devil's Teeth being a map makes me sad Lena isn't in Heroes yet, never mind Warriors. Add her, IS.
WING SPEAR.
Princess Minerva was one of my favorite Shadow Dragon maps so it makes up for Knorda Market.
WING SPEAR.

Still sad they picked Linde over Merric though. They're both great, but Merric IMO has a much stronger case for being there.
Still though, I give it a "I'm glad IS is finally giving Caeda her prf weapon"/10
Opopo, I want to ask, what are your thoughts on that they added the Wing Spear?

D

Deleted member

Personally I only find it a shame we haven't had any reruns of the collab events. I can get an idea it's because of copyrights, but so many out there want Shiki, Iri and Kuro due to how great they are. But yeah, there were months where our only banners didn't really contain anything new.

To me, I actually really need to get Sita and hoped last year she would get released to reunite her with my Rama, but alas, nothing happened.

Nope, only Neros.
Nice signature by the way, sorry if that was off-topic from the quote you made.

WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.

W I N G S P E A R
Disney announced it today so it makes sense you didn't know about it. Dunno how to feel about the live action **** Disney's trying to do lately, especially as they apparently want to do blackface as they couldn't find any famous actors who could sing with the right skin colour for Alladin
I do not know why they would do a lot of live-action-movies, maybe they think that people like more live-action and it would save themselves more money?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nice signature by the way, sorry if that was off-topic from the quote you made.

W I N G S P E A R

I do not know why they would do a lot of live-action-movies, maybe they think that people like more live-action and it would save themselves more money?
My guess is that because Hollywood doesn't take animation seriously Disney feels insecure for some ungodly reason

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Kim Possible movie!?!?!?!?!?

Nostalgia, man I feel old. I loved the show, movies, and the crossover episodes with Lilo and Stitch.

I think they are too late on the movie though. I stopped watching Disney Channel and Nickelodeon years with all those live-action shows. The old weres one good, but Dog with a Blog and Sunny with a Chance of Sunshine were where I stopped.

I'll take you up on your offer to be active in this chat, Shiny. I never considered being in a general chat since I thought it would be like Twitch Chat in here.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It's Waifu Emblem, of course they would pick a cute anime girl over the Lord's best friend because they know what generates money.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.
WING SPEAR.

Real talk: Marth needs that suit as an alt in Smash.

I never considered being in a general chat since I thought it would be like Twitch Chat in here.
Put your Kappas away boys and girls

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Seriously. The last time, I tried a general chat was on Anther's Ladder years ago.

I saw that chat scroll so fast...

*gulp*

-
Is double posting allowed here or no? I've been running around Siliconera, Shoryuken, and Eventhubs screenshotting all the Smash salt.

Eventhubs so far has the most comments with 300 and counting and 8 pages of comments,. Almost all of them are highlighted Smash salt, I love how most of it is just for Melee since I'm a Smash 4 newgen.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opopo, I want to ask, what are your thoughts on that they added the Wing Spear?
WING SPEAR.

But on a more serious note, it just makes me giddy because Caeda is one of my favorite characters in the franchise and is incredibly important to the Archanea saga over all. So it kinda stings that IS has been kind of neglecting her a bit until recently, especially in Heroes where she was incredibly underpowered (and her level forty confessions either being REALLY out of character, or very meta writing, but it's...debatable). But with the Wing Sword in Heroes and Wing Spear in Warriors she's starting to regain her rightful place as a god-tier combatant.
It's Waifu Emblem, of course they would pick a cute anime girl over the Lord's best friend because they know what generates money.
Like, I know WHY they did, but still. Merric the rightful wielder of Starlight, dammit. He has even more to gain from killing Gharnef than Linde does, and considering Gharnef killed Linde's dad, that's saying something.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Like, I know WHY they did, but still. Merric the rightful wielder of Starlight, dammit. He has even more to gain from killing Gharnef than Linde does, and considering Gharnef killed Linde's dad, that's saying something.
You're drunk, Opossom. You keep saying things that contradict each other.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The plow came by and just knocked my freaking phone and internet out. Good thing I have my cellphone and unlimited data. So I don’t need WiFi right now. Anyway the Deadpool trailer is out:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The plow came by and just knocked my freaking phone and internet out. Good thing I have my cellphone and unlimited data. So I don’t need WiFi right now. Anyway the Deadpool trailer is out:
Cable looks amazing. This should be good but I hope TJ Miller is reduced to a minimum.

Those shots fired at Justice League though

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Better luck next time, buddy. -Was about to pat back, but then remembered the Merlin curse and stopped midway-

D

Deleted member

Is red becoming the new Shiny Legendary?
WING SPEAR.
But I didn't contradict anything though.
I read your post, and I agree with you.
Cable looks amazing. This should be good but I hope TJ Miller is reduced to a minimum.

Those shots fired at Justice League though

Cable does look nice in design. Curious about his glowing eye.
I did not see Justice League ( I am not a fan of DC, the only movies I liked a lot from them was the Dark Knight triology ), but I heard it was pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom