• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
D

Deleted member

Do you all hate me and with I was never in this thread, or do you just ignore me because of my bad jokes? Just curious. I beg SmashBoards that nobody is blocking me.

So, Fir Emblem Heroes getting any update yet?
There's already a Wendy in FEHeroes......She's just called Gwyndolyn in the English version.(In JP, her name's Wendy.)
I keep on thinking of this Wendy: :4wendy:

Why will Mythra not accept the fact that we are both almost the same? Same healthy body, but different heads.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Cripes I had forgotten the X-Men fiasco.

That's how we got Combofiend "characters are just functions" Rosa's.
He told them to play Nova instead of MAG****INGNETO. So nobody really bought the game. Also, the OST just wasn't that hype either.

At this point, an update like SFV: AE or just a new MvC would be welcome.

In the making since 2009.
Quick, let this dude pick out my lotto tickets.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Do you all hate me and with I was never in this thread, or do you just ignore me because of my bad jokes? Just curious. I beg SmashBoards that nobody is blocking me..
I'm not blocking you in case you're wondering.(Than again, I haven't blocked anybody at all for all the years I've been here.). And I doubt people hate you. Hate is a strong word and I doubt you posting quite alot suddenly makes people hate you. For one, it would be rather petty. Two, I'm pretty sure no one wants to hate, since hate often leads to not-so-good scenarios.

Just remember that not everybody has time, patience or even have something to say. And just be careful with your words and how someone might be feeling at the time. Sometimes in some scenarios, saying something everytime isn't always the best scenario. Just remember to give respect to people's space or their currant mood and they'll respect yours in turn if needed.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
EVO 2018 LINE UP:

1) Tekken 7
2) Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
3) Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
4) BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
5) Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2
6) Injustice 2
7) Super Smash Bros. Melee
8) Dragon Ball FighterZ

No Mahvel, no KOF, no Killer Instinct.

Also ArcSys announced that Yang and Blake will be free DLC for Cross Tag. Meh.
Looking forward to both Smash games and FighterZ

I'm sure somewhere people are bemoaning two Smash games but no Marvel.

EDIT: Melee finals will be on Sunday but SSB4 won't. Lame.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you all hate me and with I was never in this thread, or do you just ignore me because of my bad jokes? Just curious. I beg SmashBoards that nobody is blocking me.
Nobody hates you.

People not replying doesn't mean hate man. Just sometimes people don't have anything to say.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just saw someone say they wish they could go back in time to kill Sakurai before making the first Smash game to save the fighting game community.

That's enough internet for today I think.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just saw someone say they wish they could go back in time to kill Sakurai before making the first Smash game to save the fighting game community.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and prevent humanity from happening in general. I'm not insane for wanting so, right? :psycho:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*puts Rex as AI*
-Dude mostly auto attacks
-Switches to Pyra for no good reason
-Can't even build Gamma Ray
-"Im Roc, always have been, always will be"
-Stays as Praxis forever

You little ****, I made Mythra busted af with a Critheal build and enough Trust to make her wipe half of Alrest with a fart. GIMME THAT

*me using Rex*
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
EVO 2018 LINE UP:

1) Tekken 7
5) Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2
6) Injustice 2
8) Dragon Ball FighterZ

Nice to see FighterZ and Injustice 2 make it. Not a fan of the latter, but I do want to see what people do with the TMNTs & Hellboy.

Hopefully there will be a 9th Players Choice game like the past few years. I'll be rooting for Marvel if by chance it happens.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Oddly, this quote would make just as much sense coming from half the actual Smash community. And the majority of the Sonic fandom.

. . .But really,I'm glad I'm only reading this secondhand, I've had enough direct exposure to these kinds of posts to last me a lifetime. This is the kind of brain bleach worthy insane troll logic you normally only see in article comments.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Have people seen this? Supposedly leaked Namco projects from a staff member's LinkedIn

Ridge Racer!
*silence*
RIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAACEEEER!!
*single pity woo*

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

I want to do the same, but my motivation is instead to break the iron grip Smashboards has on my psyche

Chrono.

Have people seen this? Supposedly leaked Namco projects from a staff member's LinkedIn

Ridge Racer!
*silence*
RIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAACEEEER!!
*single pity woo*
Anyone can make a leak.

But damn I'd buy Ridge Racer.
*puts Rex as AI*
-Stays as Praxis forever

You little ****, I made Mythra busted af with a Critheal build and enough Trust to make her wipe half of Alrest with a fart. GIMME THAT

*me using Rex*
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
AI Rex focuses on Driver Combos over Blade Combos apparently.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
EVO 2018 LINE UP:

1) Tekken 7
5) Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2
6) Injustice 2
8) Dragon Ball FighterZ

Also no Mortal Kombat? Not sure if it was there last year though.
Now only 45% of the roster is paid DLC!
If they even dare to implement lootboxes...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Anyone can make a leak.

Meanwhile AI Zeke is a true bro; has available the element I need, does Launch>Smash smoothly and stays on Sheba if I grabbed enough cash.

The Eye of Shining Justice was the bloody MVP against a demon Aspid (Lv. 60) at Spirit Crucible Elpys; as our Blades were crippled as always we dunked the living **** of that cobra, dude used Skin Upgrade to heal itself and raise to Lv. 63, but Zeke was shooting nukes because money was rainin'.

EZPZ

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ever since 6.0 thread (I think), my post haven't got any response...again IIam not saying you have to, it is just something I noticed. I know that my posts are mostly irrelevant and I never participate in any hot topics. To some extent I bet there has to be a couple of users blocking me, and it has to be me being annoying....like now...
Edit: outdated, lol
How else are they going to give the players a sense of pride and accomplishment?
Again lootboxes... but with Microtransactions
Meanwhile AI Zeke is a true bro; has available the element I need, does Launch>Smash smoothly and stays on Sheba if I grabbed enough cash.
With Nia, Zeke and Rex, until I get a gauntlet rare Blade for Nia (which all I miss is Nim) AI Zeke is a must need.

And I got Vale pretty late, so I haven't got to her blade quest yet.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
PC made a new gothic coat and look how fancy I look now
Imma boss ass *****

They must be from the Melee and Brawl community

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Arcsys: We made 2 DLC characters free! Does this compensate things?
Me: No, go away
Also no Mortal Kombat? Not sure if it was there last year though.

If they even dare to implement lootboxes...
Netherrealm Studio fans tend to focus on the newest game

Also @ the evo topic. Melee's still there because of whiny children, though I wanna try and catch GG, Injustice and DBFZ. Maybe Smash 4

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
*puts Rex as AI*
-Stays as Praxis forever

*me using Rex*
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
-Double Spinning Edge
Don't really use Roc that much....
If you need Smash, there is another party member that can do it with a spear Blade.
Anyone can make a leak.

Not really, sometimes Blade combo route and the Blade's element you are currently using also depends.
Let's say Rex is using Mythra and after electric you need fire, if the character you are using is a Fire blade, chances are Rex won't change. I still might be wrong though, that being said, another tip: always remember which level each of your character Blade special is right now. Always go with the lowest one to start the blade combo.
Arcsys: We made 2 DLC characters free! Does this compensate things?
Me: No, go away
Me: give us JPNR then...
Netherrealm Studio fans tend to focus on the newest game
Never knew the studio who made Mortal Kombat lol.
Also @ the evo topic. Melee's still there because of whiny children, though I wanna try and catch GG, Injustice and DBFZ. Maybe Smash 4
Careful, you know that competitive Melee fans can be quite vicious...lol
No, I am not a competitive Melee fan.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know with all this shade being thrown at the Melee community, I'm starting to see why they're so defensive.

Having self awareness would help you folks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know with all this shade being thrown at the Melee community, I'm starting to see why they're so defensive.

Having self awareness would help you folks.
Despite the reputation of some Melee fans and players, I agree. There's no need to act rude to someone right off the bat.

However, people **** talking each other over which games are better ain't going away. I have nothing against Melee. But I feel the game has been taken as far as it can, or is reaching that point soon. It's not like Marvel 2 is still in the main stage either or anything.

I don't know, I personally just don't think ANY older game should be given a free slot, but Melee brings in viewers. I'd rather have a "classic" fighter be one that rotates every year. That said, I'm not a pro on the subject.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I hope I'm not late for this EVO drama, I want to tell my opinion on this too.

I'm really sad that we didn't get any kind of Marvel in this edition. The only fighting games I went over the "casual" level were Smash and UMvC3. The second game is what got me in the FGC, and nowadays I watch almost every fighting game scene whenever I can. But being sad doesn't mean I don't understand why Marvel is left out.

Infinite is one of the worst handled fighting games in recent history. Subpar graphics, bad presentation, dull voice acting... Sad they did the most important thing real well, the gameplay. I've played this game a couple of times, and it's extremely fun. It doesn't help that the roster is really bad too.

Capcom seems to think that MvCI was a mistake, and that there's no redemption for it... Dropping the support this early on and not listening to any feedback doesn't help. I just want them to add Joe and Wright in the game, and make an Ultimate version. Sadly, neither of this things will happen.

On the rest of the games, glad to see FighterZ on this. I'm still waiting for them to announce the Switch version before I buy it, but the game looks really good and really fun. Surprised at Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, I don't remember when it comes out, is it before EVO? Still surprising nonetheless. I'm also happy to see SF5: AE, the game looks much better than before. Also, I don't know when it comes out, but where the hell is SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy

The only other games I care are Melee and Smash 4. I'm not following neither scene very actively, but lately the all mighty gods of melee have been getting worse results right? And now that Zero is out of Smash 4 too, I don't know what will happen (he didn't win last year, but still, he was one of my favourite players and it was a force to be reckoned).

That's all I think, I'm looking forward to the event either way, hopefully we get some kind of hype announcement whenever it happens.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I stop watching basketball for a week just to tune in today and see OKC nuking the Warriors and the Cavs imploding.

Best Timeline.

**** injuries tho.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Despite the reputation of some Melee fans and players, I agree. There's no need to act rude to someone right off the bat.

However, people **** talking each other over which games are better ain't going away. I have nothing against Melee. But I feel the game has been taken as far as it can, or is reaching that point soon. It's not like Marvel 2 is still in the main stage either or anything.

I don't know, I personally just don't think ANY older game should be given a free slot, but Melee brings in viewers. I'd rather have a "classic" fighter be one that rotates every year. That said, I'm not a pro on the subject.
Would Marvel 2 be drawing the numbers that Melee does? The Smash games have had the most entrants behind SFV and both draw in high viewer numbers. Melee isn't so much there because it's a classic game, it's there because the numbers justify it.

Another thing to consider is how many numbers would Marvel 2 draw if Marvel 3 was there. There's honestly not that many Smash players that sign up for both games. So not only do the numbers support Melee being there, they support Melee being there alongside Smash 4.
Anyone can make a leak.

Supposedly the staff member has 20 years experience across the industry. You'd think with that much experience they'd be better at keeping secrets.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would Marvel 2 be drawing the numbers that Melee does? The Smash games have had the most entrants behind SFV and both draw in high viewer numbers. Melee isn't so much there because it's a classic game, it's there because the numbers justify it.

Another thing to consider is how many numbers would Marvel 2 draw if Marvel 3 was there. There's honestly not that many Smash players that sign up for both games. So not only do the numbers support Melee being there, they support Melee being there alongside Smash 4.
I know, I mentioned in that post Melee brings numbers. You do have to keep in mind that Marvel 2 was a really big game at the time, having been a tourney staple for 10 years. As to say whether Marvel 2 would draw Melee numbers, I don't know, but the MvC series was always a pretty big draw during EVO. And its legacy is comparable, if not greater in the grander scope of fighting games in general. Having it absent from the main stage is weird. Though that goes to show how much Marvel and/or Capcom ****ed up what should have been a strong contender.

The difference is that fighting games overall have gotten much more popular in the past few years. I get that many Melee players don't play Smash 4, while Marvel 2 players, with some who were hesitant, did eventually go on to play Marvel 3. AND those guys are now split between Infinite and DBFZ. But really, the Melee players seem more sectioned off from fighting games in general compared to the Smash 4 and Marvel audiences. Since there's players who will dip into other games when they feel like it.

Though my bigger issue is that Melee is figured out at this point and there's no new blood. So I get tired of seeing it. So on strictly a personal level. I think having 1 classic game in a line-up changing said game every year or so would be cool in general.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know, I mentioned in that post Melee brings numbers. You do have to keep in mind that Marvel 2 was a really big game at the time, having been a tourney staple for 10 years. As to say whether Marvel 2 would draw Melee numbers, I don't know, but the MvC series was always a pretty big draw during EVO. And its legacy is comparable, if not greater in the grander scope of fighting games in general. Having it absent from the main stage is weird. Though that goes to show how much Marvel and/or Capcom ****ed up what should have been a strong contender.

The difference is that fighting games overall have gotten much more popular in the past few years. I get that many Melee players don't play Smash 4, while Marvel 2 players, with some who were hesitant, did eventually go on to play Marvel 3. AND those guys are now split between Infinite and DBFZ. But really, the Melee players seem more sectioned off from fighting games in general compared to the Smash 4 and Marvel audiences. Since there's players who will dip into other games when they feel like it.

Though my bigger issue is that Melee is figured out at this point and there's no new blood. So I get tired of seeing it. So on strictly a personal level. I think having 1 classic game in a line-up changing said game every year or so would be cool in general.
If the classic game rotation were to happen, I don't see Melee being apart of it. I doubt any of the retro games would reach Melee levels of entrants, which is more popular than most of the newer games present.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Sorry to bring back FE talk about a day or so without it, but we got a teaser for the new seasonal units

Hum, I think this time they might not be Fates/Awakening! The male looks like either Roy, Eliwood or Marth to me, and the pose of the female seems like Ninian to me, that's why I think Eliwood would be the male. It would be cute to see both in some kind of Valentine outfit. Can't wait for the update to drop, I want to see the new units and the new weapon refinements!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In general, the way the Smash communities converse with each other is like a barrel of monkeys throwing feces at each other rolling down a cliff. I mean, really, no one is innocent either way. :drsad:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In general, the way the Smash communities converse with each other is like a barrel of monkeys throwing feces at each other rolling down a cliff. I mean, really, no one is innocent either way. :drsad:
I suppose it's better than the way other communities converse with the Smash community.

On a related note, the game list for EVO reminds me of roster discussion for Smash. "I can't believe X was chosen over Y". I think two Smash games are analogous to the clones, being they're the ones angry people are quick to blame for their preferred character/game not being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom