• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hey... I have a question.
Moydow Moydow ( Since you are a FE expert )
How do you get a defense skill to a hero?
Do you have to inherit it or whatever?
"Defense skill"?

But yes, the only way for a unit to learn a skill they don't naturally have access to is by inheriting that skill from a unit who does have access to it. I don't know if you've learned about skill inheritance yet, but basically you want to figure out your units' strengths and weaknesses, and then pick skills that complement those (e.g. slow and bulky units benefit from skills like Quick Riposte, which activate when someone attacks into them).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Can anyone in my team counter Arden? :sadeyes:
Not really, no. Arden makes mincemeat of Hector and Grima, thanks to both weapon triangle advantage and being able to hit them up to four times. While Ayra and Lyn will struggle to do any significant damage to him, thanks to his high Def. Your best bet against Arden would be a blue or red mage. See, this is why you need to train more than just four units.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Male Grima could theoritically tear him apart since Arden has low Res, but Arden has color advantage and Follow-Up Ring, so unless Grima has Ignis ready to be fired on player phase, I don't think anyone on your team can hurt him.
Well, I found my team's worst match up: Arden.
"Defense skill"?

But yes, the only way for a unit to learn a skill they don't naturally have access to is by inheriting that skill from a unit who does have access to it. I don't know if you've learned about skill inheritance yet, but basically you want to figure out your units' strengths and weaknesses, and then pick skills that complement those (e.g. slow and bulky units benefit from skills like Quick Riposte, which activate when someone attacks into them).
The green shield icon.
Also how do I get my characters to be "40+4"? Do you need to fuse heroes?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Contemplating if I should fodder off my only Hector that I've ever gotten to give Clair Distant Counter, or if I should wait until I (never) pull another one and compare IVs and give her the worse Hector.

I could do something really silly with Clair in the Infernal Kana map, she just needs Distant Counter.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This is why you need to either;
  1. Train multiple units and change your teams accordingly.
  2. Have one unit of each color in your main team to cover the entire triangle. (Colorless is optional, but triangle neutrality can come in handy)
  3. Have a Blade mage to potentially cheat the triangle.
  4. Have a combination of either two or all of the above things.
Like how my Armor Emblem has a combination of 2 and 3, making it extremely versatile.

The green shield icon.
That's called an Assist skill, since it either moves an opponent around, heals them or buffs them.

And yeah, you get those with inheritance like Moydow said.

Yes, but they must have the same amount of stars to get a +

You can do this up to 10 times.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

The green shield icon.
The "green shield icon" is what's called an Assist skill. You have to inherit those, yes, unless your unit already comes with one. The premier assist skill is Reposition, because of the increased mobility, but stuff like Draw Back and Swap are useful too. Which you use, like everything else, depends on the unit and their function in your team.

"40+4" means a unit has been merged four times (which means they've gotten that unit five times at the same rarity; you only get the +1 if they are the same rarity). Usually you should only merge units if they are at five-star rarity; there are some situations where merging at four-star is useful, but I won't overload you with that yet.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just finished watching Part 6 and holy crap there are a lot of loose ends; even compared to 02's ending. To movie's credit, it focuses on one of the plots rather than just doing everything half-***** and rushed, however, it doesn't come close to mixing the mess it started. The ending theme was pretty awesome.

What happened to the 02 Digimon?
What happened to Alphamon?
Himekawa is still stuck in the Dark Ocean...
Homostasis can shut down Yggdrasil? WTF
Dark Gennai escapes with still no explanation as to his origin.
There were 6 pods/5 silhouettes in Dark Gennai's lab. Who was in the 6th pod? Good Gennai?
Daemon & Diaboromon may come back?

Digimon fans will probably still enjoy it for what it is as there are a couple good scenes (most probably gave up on the plot a year ago) and it got most of the English dub cast back together, but I think most will agree that it really isn't a worthy successor to the Adventure series. I agree that a sequel with the 02 kids seems very likely.
I haven't been able to watch it myself (as I don't have premium on Crunchyroll), but that's the general gist I got from what my friends were telling me. It seems like it just tied up the threads it could and left the rest to whatever new project is coming next, which seems to be for the best as they were much more positive on it then the last two movies. Same with Tri's quality as a whole, but I want to watch the final episode before I agree with everyone's consensus on that.

As for one the spoiler...
The general consensus they had was that the 5th silhouette was Gennai as it doesn't match any of the 02 kids and looks just like him. The 6th one was apparently just an extra.

As for Yggdrasil, did they do anything with it? In the last couple movies, it honestly seemed pretty pointless.

Adventure again?

Personally I just... Can't care anymore about Adventure. The only thing I'd be okay with is a prequel with the old chosen kids, but I'm not dying to see that either.

But I'll probably still watch because I still love Digimon.
Yeah, that's another reason why I'm hoping its 02 focused if it's another story set in the Adventure universe. At least in that case they'll be revisiting a section of the franchise that they don't touch on as much by comparison.

And once again, Monster Hunter once again shows why it's one of the best soundtracks ever!
White Fatalis gets a theme deserving of it's godhood. :shades:

Seriously, Monster Hunter music is one of the biggest reasons why I want a Monster Hunter in Smash. Easily one of my favourite video game franchise soundtracks.
Wow, and I thought MH4U's version of White Fatalis' theme was good.

I'd honestly love to see what they'd do with Monster Hunter's OST in Smash. It has so many good options that you can't go wrong with any particular set of games to draw from, and with remixes as an option many of them could sound even better.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think Ura has gone crazy guys

I like using uncommon names so I don't have characters sharing names with characters from other stories for simplicity's sake but at the same time I don't want names that sound completely made up... yet I still make most of them up on the spot hoping they sound like something a human would have and then I go look it up and just go "what" at the fact my mumbo jumbo of words is someone's name somewhere.

But good God, why would you ever need a name with 16 letters?
Well, it's a first and last name, lol.

D

Deleted member

Contemplating if I should fodder off my only Hector that I've ever gotten to give Clair Distant Counter, or if I should wait until I (never) pull another one and compare IVs and give her the worse Hector.

I could do something really silly with Clair in the Infernal Kana map, she just needs Distant Counter.
I say wait to see what Rhomphaia does, could be an useful Prf for her but it may be player phase focused.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Moydow Moydow The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
Here is my team.

What characters notably counter my team and what characters do I notably counter?
Maybe if we saw the skills, we could have a better idea...

But assuming this is all vanilla.

Brave Lyn makes a ***** out of flier units who lack Iote's Shield and is overally a pretty good unit. She's the also embodiment of an anti-close glass cannon, with Sacae's Blessing shutting down Distant Counter effect from non-ranfed units, but since she's a bow unit, she works best against units with low defense. Her main counters are pretty much all physical units (swords, lances, axes, daggers and bows) due to her low defense and HP. Dragons with adaptive damage, anti-cavalry units, Blade mages and Raven mages can also ruin her day by simply existing.

Ayra, once again assuming the skills are vanilla, is weak to pretty much any blue unit due to the triangle. She also needs to be careful around magical units (mages, dragons and staves, but staves suck so they don't count) due to her lower resistance. However, she has the skills to be a deadly unit in most situations, making encounters against red, green and colorless units almost laughable in most situations.

Hector and Grima are both weak to red units because of the triangle. They're also really weak to magical units due to their low resistance and speed, though Distant Counter somewhat matches this up for both of them, notably against green and blue mages. Not to mention Grima has adaptive damage thanks to Expiration. They're also both weak to anti-armor units, especially Micaiah since she targets their low res. In addition, Grima is also weak to Falchions and Naga tomes.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Getting progressively better with CS:GO. It's tough but when you get more of a feel of the game, it can be tons of fun.

Probably won't invest nearly as much in this game as I have with TF2, but I can see myself playing it for a while in the future.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms I believe that @Silverstream is gonna be pleased with your avatar
Well, it is an image of her and her bro. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Moydow Moydow The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
Here is my team.

What characters notably counter my team and what characters do I notably counter?
Counters for your team:

Brave Lyn - Brave Bow Archers, Bowbreaker build users (like Inigo), any physical unit that doubles her and gets in close with decent Atk, extreme Def tanks, Horse Emblem counters.

Ayra - Blue Mages and Dragons, Brave Bow users, physical Blue units that out speed her (uncommon, but you might see this on Flier and Horse Emblem teams, such as my Clair), and the more powerful Red mages are a problem too.

Grima - Falchion users, powerful Red Mages, Res tanks with Glacies, Dazzling Staff users, especially if they have Gravity+.

Hector - Strong and fast sword users especially if they equip Vantage (like Ryoma for example), Brave Lyn, Red or Green Mages or Dragons. Reinhardt might also get away with taking him out.

I say wait to see what Rhomphaia does, could be an useful Prf for her but it may be player phase focused.
Yeah. Though it's unlikely, maybe they will give Rhomphaia Distant Counter.

Whether or not it's player or enemy phase focused isn't a problem since my Clair handles both.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can someone please tell me the difference between Initiate Seal HP 1 and HP+3???

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can someone please tell me the difference between Initiate Seal HP 1 and HP+3???
Intiate Seal HP +3/+4/+5, is the same as the HP +3/+4/+5 Sacred Seal.

Its just under a different name so you can have two of it. Because if you get a seal with the same name as the one you already have, you get feathers.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Getting progressively better with CS:GO. It's tough but when you get more of a feel of the game, it can be tons of fun.

Probably won't invest nearly as much in this game as I have with TF2, but I can see myself playing it for a while in the future.

Well, it is an image of her and her bro. :p
:V if I had to choose between Terramar and Silverstream, I would choose Terramar, he's ADORABLE. COUGH @Silverstream LOOOK! COUGH

D

Deleted member

Intiate Seal HP +1/+2/+3, is the same as the HP +1/+2/+3 Sacred Seal.

Its just under a different name so you can have two of it. Because if you get a seal with the same name as the one you already have, you get feathers.
Literally none. They're the exact same thing.
OOOOHHH... :lol:
Going to show you all my team heroes. I maxed out everyone's skills from the learn skill ability except for Ayra.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Though it's unlikely, maybe they will give Rhomphaia Distant Counter.

Whether or not it's player or enemy phase focused isn't a problem since my Clair handles both.
If they didn't give Roy or Zephiel DC, no one is getting it.
Pretty sure they realised what a mistake innate DC was considering Leif doesn't have it on his Light Brand.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I finally managed to get a Legendary Lyn that's not -Atk!
She turned out to be -Def +Hp, which I assume is her best bane. I kind of wish she could've been +Spd or +Atk, but I'll gladly take it.

What should I do with my -Atk Lyn? I'm guessing that I should give her skills to another unit, but who could Desperation 3 or Speed Tactic 3 be good on? Thanks in advance.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fire Emblem talk again.

Well I'm lost as usual. :V

I'm mostly lost on the also frequent Xenoblade talk, too, unfortunately. I still need to beat the first the game, don't even have the sequel yet.

:V if I had to choose between Terramar and Silverstream, I would choose Terramar, he's ADORABLE. COUGH @Silverstream LOOOK! COUGH
I liked 'em both a lot, haha. Hence why they're my avatar for the time being.

The Hippogriff siblings need need to be in an episode together.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

DC doesn't really work too well on fliers unless you're going to run the whole 9 yards of DC + Iote's for most fliers. It's an interesting gimmick but giving a lance flier DC in the wake of Glyn (even if she's rather whelming) probably isn't the best call.

The best DC users for fliers imo are Michalis and Myrrh (both physical tanks and greens, since common res powerhouses are typically going to be blues and reds are handled by your blue flier/bladetome flier). Budget option on Myrrh is LB Defense+, but DC is great on her.

As I always say, your best options for DC users are:
  • Sigurd (basically makes him less effective vs nonbraves & desperation users but the tradeoff is a massive plus considering how much of a tank he is)
  • Myrrh (reasons stated above)
  • Swordhardt (DC + QR = quadding on enemy + doubling on player)
  • Armorwood/Winter Robin (both swift speedy tanks with Armorwood being a good F2P option and Winter Robin being the eventual endgame option given access to IVs and Slaying Lance/Tannerboom!+ Spd refine making his speed, with a speed boon with no merges and no other assumed skills, 40 Spd, allowing for you to honestly use bold or vengeful fighter in your B skill slot and then QR for the seal if you wanted to)
  • Effie (DC + Berkut's Lance)
  • Michalis (res bulk is enough to tank most blue mages and kill in a hit or two)
  • Axura (complete blue mage/Reinhardt check)
  • Winter Chrom/Lissa (abuse QR/vengeful to it's best effect)
  • Oboro/Lukas (ridiculously high investment but immense bulk; Oboro can't defend as hard vs bows but can soak tanks ridiculously well, even with a Slaying Lance+ Res refine)
  • Roy (new refine = QR 5)
  • Leif/Ayra (another high investment option but they work ridiculously well with Slaying Edge+ and their toolkits having low charge specials at the ready)
There's quite a bit of options, and even with high investment something like Bartre can become a monster; however, I'd say the list above is a good list of DC-recommended units given the rarity of the skill.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
He is going to get fired, then get killed.

If he isn't kill, then the Ninja at Nintendo are doing a bad job.:sheikmelee:
Oh, poor Bill, destined to be fired and killed over and over again.

Also Nintendo has a better Ninja now :4greninja:

Though maybe not after her nerved them so much.

New Steven Universe episodes airing in two days. And they look hype.

I don't know precisely what's in store but I'm expecting some very lore-heavy reveals and advances in the story.

Might be more of a dagger in that game given it's size. What I'm working on now definitely isn't the final version of it, so that might change at some point.

Definitely including her flintlock pistols. Kinda torn on whether or not they should be based around water elements here, though. Mainly because, while I kinda doubt Smash would take direct notes from Hyrule Warriors and use those exact same guns with the same functions in Smash, I also question if they'd finally allow the guns to be work more realistically instead, regardless of how cartoonish they and Tetra herself look.
I don't think flintlocks shouldn't be to much of a problem, as long as their the old time ones that just basically fired rocks.

I didn't get mad at you, I was just correcting you. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist in nature...
Anyway, I gotta go. See ya'll in E3.
Wonder if Lampy will crash with that warpstar or not.

BILL is playing with fire? Bill doesnt even have the matches
Bill always plays with fire, cause he's always getting fired.

Okay, after reading the ARMS comic, now I REALLY want to pick up the series. It shows a lot of the world not seen in the game

• People still have the swirls in their eyes when not wearing the mask
  • A tree and dachshund can even have stretchy bodies
  • 600 contestants have entered the ARMS League and shown off a number of them (though nameless and their designs are not as imaginative as the game characters)
  • One man shown is clearly Spring Man's father
  • Max Brass and Biff seems to have their eyes on the game characters more
Makes me wonder if we'll see a non-game character get any spotlight throughout the comic series

But it sux I have to wait until January for the rest. :(

But all and all
Is this comic canon to the game, or just an adaption?

Also who owns the ARMS comic copyright anyway?

Yesterday me and some irl friends talked about the MCU for a bit and a friend really want Galactus or the Beyonder in some movies. Anyone here have an idea how to make that work?
You don't really need anyway to work in Galactus, cause he's a force of nature, he hungers so he eats a planet. So you can just have it be, Galactus appears and eats planets, cause he's a cosmic force of nature.

Isn't Galactus one of the beings that tries to stop Thanos when he has the infinity gauntlet?
I think he does help with the plan, Linkara did a review on the Infinity Wars comic, so you can watch that to double check.

Also someone mentioned the AVGN did a episode that had a Billy Mays controversy in it, anyone got a link to that episode?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I liked 'em both a lot, haha. Hence why they're my avatar for the time being.

The Hippogriff siblings need need to be in an episode together
xD Silverstream is not bad either, but I found Terramar's color scheme more appealing to my eyes...Silverstream's reminds me of the lighter version of the eye hurting color combination I had in my room's walls when I was little.

D

Deleted member

Got a cool summon from FEH!
Screenshot_20180505-152455.png

He is +SPD -Atk. That is a horrible nature. :/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
DC doesn't really work too well on fliers unless you're going to run the whole 9 yards of DC + Iote's for most fliers. It's an interesting gimmick but giving a lance flier DC in the wake of Glyn (even if she's rather whelming) probably isn't the best call.

The best DC users for fliers imo are Michalis and Myrrh (both physical tanks and greens, since common res powerhouses are typically going to be blues and reds are handled by your blue flier/bladetome flier). Budget option on Myrrh is LB Defense+, but DC is great on her.

As I always say, your best options for DC users are:
  • Sigurd (basically makes him less effective vs nonbraves & desperation users but the tradeoff is a massive plus considering how much of a tank he is)
  • Myrrh (reasons stated above)
  • Swordhardt (DC + QR = quadding on enemy + doubling on player)
  • Armorwood/Winter Robin (both swift speedy tanks)
  • Effie (DC + Berkut's Lance)
  • Michalis (res bulk is enough to tank most blue mages and kill in a hit or two)
  • Axura (complete blue mage/Reinhardt check)
  • Winter Chrom/Lissa (abuse QR/vengeful to it's best effect)
  • Oboro/Lukas (ridiculously high investment but immense bulk; Oboro can't defend as hard vs bows but can soak tanks ridiculously well, even with a Slaying Lance+ Res refine)
  • Roy (new refine = QR 5)
  • Leif/Ayra (another high investment option but they work ridiculously well with Slaying Edge+ and their toolkits having low charge specials at the ready)
There's quite a bit of options, and even with high investment something like Bartre can become a monster; however, I'd say the list above is a good list of DC-recommended units given the rarity of the skill.
My Clair is running Iote's Shield now, has ridiculous Res, and pretty solid Def (which I could take further if I want), plus Renewal 3. Defense isn't a problem for her. My main team is a Flier Emblem team with a ton of Def and Res buffing going on so Clair can become pretty hard to damage with those slapped on. When I showed her off on reddit, everyone was screaming at me to put Distant Counter on her to see what she could do with it.

And its more just a thought related to stuff like the current Kana map on Infernal. Clair can easily tank everyone at the start, but with DC, she'd also take out the archers and mages that go for her.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think flintlocks shouldn't be to much of a problem, as long as their the old time ones that just basically fired rocks.
Hmm......

Maybe I'll rethink some of the pistol-based moves I came up with, then.

xD Silverstream is not bad either, but I found Terramar's color scheme more appealing to my eyes...Silverstream's reminds me of the lighter version of the eye hurting color combination I had in my room's walls when I was little.
I can see what you mean. Silverstream's colors are considerably brighter and more vibrant.

And I definitely know the feeling of having an odd combination of colors on one's room's walls. My room hasn't been repainted since I was a kid. I haven't liked the colors and pattern that my room is somewhat stuck with for many years now. >_<

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Even so, H!Jakob is actually one of the best units in the game. @ShinyLegendary

Given you pull a Hardin or Winter Lissa whenever she comes around, you throw Bold Fighter + Brave Bow onto Jakob. Even a -ATK one can quickly proc an extremely damaging special (IE: Ignis or 2 Moonbows) and more or less obliterate a good chunk of the game's PVE content. Mine's -ATK+DEF, but even that does wonders.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Got a cool summon from FEH!
View attachment 143040
He is +SPD -Atk. That is a horrible nature. :/
-Atk is still workable, imo. Especially since Jakob isn't meant to be pure offense unless you have a very specific build, and that build makes the attack bane irrelevant anyway.

But +Spd is literally his worst boon. He's still really slow even with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even so, H!Jakob is actually one of the best units in the game. @ShinyLegendary

Given you pull a Hardin or Winter Lissa whenever she comes around, you throw Bold Fighter + Brave Bow onto Jakob. Even a -ATK one can quickly proc an extremely damaging special (IE: Ignis or 2 Moonbows) and more or less obliterate a good chunk of the game's PVE content. Mine's -ATK+DEF, but even that does wonders.
Oh. I am going to fish for another Jakob so I can merge him with another hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom