• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Phew. What a long day of studying and recently coming back from a light workout for both back and chest. My apologies for the late reply, so let's see here...

I suppose it does in a way. Otherwise, yeah I don't have much to say for that.

Not bad. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Have you looked into Persona 4 Arena? It's a pretty solid fighting game.

The second question applies more if you used to be part of a former franchise, but you're no longer not because it doesn't appeal to you anymore

For example, I used to be a long-term fan of Disgaea (and other NIS games such as Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave), Gundam (Amuro, Domon, Loran and Setsuna > everyone else), Sonic and Super Robot Wars (an incredible franchise that does excellent justice in fixing terribly written anime such as Code Geass, Gundam SEED Destiny and Evangelion in their games). But I stopped being a fan of those series because... they just don't really appeal to me anymore.

I see... Does that first sentence mean you're open to any ideas as far as the growing library of the Nintendo Switch goes?

Legend of Heroes hm?

*looks it up*

Oh yeah that's the Trail of Cold Steel games right? I've also heard good things about them too. I'm also interested.

And breaks... Hm... Maybe that's what I should do with Fire Emblem, since I'm so indecisive about it recently. If I don't look at the new hottest Fire Emblem games, it's because I don't have an Nintendo Switch yet. That'll be my excuse for a break. XD

And to add it up, I'm particularly interested in exploring Atelier, Code Vein, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, Toukiden, and Xeno (both gears and blade).

I'm also currently looking at Little Witch Academia (THEY'RE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT MADE TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!) and the Fate series.

Time to log out and stay up for university online assignments.
It was more directed at you questioning whether anyone would, but I don't see why I wouldn't be. Splatoon managed to sneak up on me, who knows what other interesting things there might be in the future. I was certainly at least open to ARMS and gave it a fair bit of testing and more than a passing amount of curiosity before deciding it wasn't for me, and likewise I bought Disgaea 5 and find myself wondering about Skyrim (which I still need to get around to looking up gameplay videos of).

I don't take falling head over heels in love with a franchise particularly lightly, though, hence why I haven't crowned anything more recent than Splatoon.

Sonic was on a break largely on circumstance and a bunch of games that deviated massively from the gameplay I was used to, but with Forces coming up I'm looking to slide back in. I'm getting the feeling I'm slipping into the habit of cutting my teeth on franchises you've slipped out of, so perhaps I'm not the best place to ask for advice.

Not bad. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Have you looked into Persona 4 Arena? It's a pretty solid fighting game.

The second question applies more if you used to be part of a former franchise, but you're no longer not because it doesn't appeal to you anymore
I'm not looking into P4A until I play P3.

And im not playing P3 until it goes on sale on PSN. . .as anyone who follows me on twitter knows because I keep complaining about it. P4 already got spoiled for me, and i'm 50/50 that P3 already has been, so im staying as far away as possible.

As for the scond question, FE is the only series i've been keeping any level of distance from, and hear I am playing Awakening, so im not THAT far away.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yfw Masked Lucina, Male Corrin and Female Robin are all separate characters and the leaked ones are just NPCs
Let's hope for some free DLC update.

Those four look pretty darn complete.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Handheld mode is for Mii. I'll play in any style if the place I'm at needs me to, but usually handheld is the best
For me handheld and table top is definitely the only go. I will probably never play my Switch in dock mode because, the dock is not good, my Switch has silicon wrap so if I need to "Switch" my gaming mode then it will be a hassle because I have to take the wrap off and then put the Switch in and vice versa.
For games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Cave Story +, Sonic Maina, Shovel Knight, and Overcooked, handheld is just fine. Also Splatoon 2 when I just play story mode ,or I don't have grip or pro controller
If I go play turf war, I will go table top mode using the grip.
I used to have a Switch Pro controller and that time I use it to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and it was a very comfortable controller. It's a shame that I return it because I needed money for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let's hope for some free DLC update.

Those four look pretty darn complete.
I just don't want Navarre to take away from my chances of getting Merric TBH.

I take Mage Cinnamon Roll very seriously.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, at this point, I'm 100% convinced Cu Chulainn is immortal and the only reasom he ever died was because the plot required him to do so.
Screenshot_20170927-203749.png

Just so you know, I had a full party, with Cu, Kojiro and Robin Hood as the starting members and Mash as the first Sub Member.
I never healed Cu once.
Unrelated but how do I get more Class Statues easily? I need, like, 4 Assassin ones because Cursed Arm here deserves it

Meanwhile
Screenshot_20170927-213327~2.png

How the **** does this even work?

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
It was more directed at you questioning whether anyone would, but I don't see why I wouldn't be. Splatoon managed to sneak up on me, who knows what other interesting things there might be in the future. I was certainly at least open to ARMS and gave it a fair bit of testing and more than a passing amount of curiosity before deciding it wasn't for me, and likewise I bought Disgaea 5 and find myself wondering about Skyrim (which I still need to get around to looking up gameplay videos of).

I don't take falling head over heels in love with a franchise particularly lightly, though, hence why I haven't crowned anything more recent than Splatoon.

Sonic was on a break largely on circumstance and a bunch of games that deviated massively from the gameplay I was used to, but with Forces coming up I'm looking to slide back in. I'm getting the feeling I'm slipping into the habit of cutting my teeth on franchises you've slipped out of, so perhaps I'm not the best place to ask for advice.
I dropped Disgaea because I just wasn't appealed by it's iconic griding post game it's notably known for. Once you completed any Disgaea game, post game is just extra dungeons and power leveling up to Lv. 9999 and that eventually got old for me. There is DLC characters and episodes but even then that's really just it.

As for as Sonic goes... yeah. Honestly speaking I just drifted from Sonic so I can't say anything after Generations. I loved classic Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy, Adventure 2 Battle and Unleashed however.

Skyrim's pretty good. I've also been wanting to go back into it.

Now if I were to give you a recommendation, it'll depend on whether or not you've enjoyed Fire Emblem Warriors. If Koei Tecmo did a good job in making Hyrule Warriors, even better. Because if the general gameplay of Musou satisfies you, then Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanada could be something to look at once it comes to Nintendo Switch eventually.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just don't want Navarre to take away from my chances of getting Merric TBH.

I take Mage Cinnamon Roll very seriously.
Merric is a seriously under appreciated character. So pure.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly, at this point, I'm 100% convinced Cu Chulainn is immortal and the only reasom he ever died was because the plot required him to do so.
View attachment 132909
Just so you know, I had a full party, with Cu, Kojiro and Robin Hood as the starting members and Mash as the first Sub Member.
I never healed Cu once.
Unrelated but how do I get more Class Statues easily? I need, like, 4 Assassin ones because Cursed Arm here deserves it

Meanwhile
View attachment 132910
How the **** does this even work?

Class Statues are a chance in the 10 and 20 AP quest. With the 30 AP quest, one will always drop from the Fatal Battle. On which one you will get, you have to hope the RNG gives you the class you want and even than depending on what you're aiming for, you have to hope it drops the color(Silver or Gold) you want.

As for FEWarriors and the leaked characters, I can see free DLC happening. I mean, Hyrule Warriors gave 4 Free DLC characters.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I actually think that dude who plays like Soldier 76 was pretty cool. I kind of want that dude appear in Overwatch as a skin.

I also went to the FB page... and saw meme that will make Overwatch fans like me laugh and then want to punch this game's FB page moderator in the face.
FB_IMG_1506562112880.jpg

Facebook on my laptop runs so slow for some reason...
This game's depth of "no shame" is over 9000...

D

Deleted member

Class Statues are a chance in the 10 and 20 AP quest. With the 30 AP quest, one will always drop from the Fatal Battle. On which one you will get, you have to hope the RNG gives you the class you want and even than depending on what you're aiming for, you have to hope it drops the color(Silver or Gold) you want.

As for FEWarriors and the leaked characters, I can see free DLC happening. I mean, Hyrule Warriors gave 4 Free DLC characters.
Good thing today is Assassin day, guess I'll just grind the 30 AP or 20 AP ones with my 156 AP out of 46

Honestly, I don't think it's gonna change my opinion on whether I'll get FEW, Cia and co. were useless unless you had the paid DLC because you couldn't get the Lv3 weapons for them(Medl doesn't have that limitation though, considering I literally unlocked a Lv3 weapon for her out of a random drop today, which surprised me).
Like, FEW's pre-release has rubbed me in all the wrong ways.
It's the FE crossover everyone always wanted! ...except it's only three games and I don't care that much for any of them
Okay, let's hope there are some interesting choices then! ...it's just the main cast of each game
Well, SD has some cool characters, right? ...it only gets 3 and doesn't get a proper Story Mode segment
Lyn and Celica are in, so it's not just those three games! ...but they don't show up in the story at all
Look, leaked characters that aren't from the main cast! ...except they aren't playable.

Like, we didn't get a single villain, a single foot lance user, no lance cavalier, NO ARMORED UNIT
I was gonna give the game a chance but Koei not making those 4 playable is literally the last kick in the balls I got because there's literally no reason why they aren't

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I also a bit shamed to try out the game...
The game was smooth but it was hard to aim and shoot people.
There was a character who was pretty original, but her ability is throw cards and heal like Zenyatta.... Her ult... I don't know what it does...
I uninstalled it after I win the first match.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some new poster named "Mama Luigi" or something just invited some pretty random people to a conversation

I guess it was based on the people with the top post count

Interestingly, so many people passed me now that I don't post as often

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Some new poster named "Mama Luigi" or something just invited some pretty random people to a conversation

I guess it was based on the people with the top post count

Interestingly, so many people passed me now that I don't post as often
Technically only 3 people passed you since that mic guy was always a crazy high post count.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Good thing today is Assassin day, guess I'll just grind the 30 AP or 20 AP ones with my 156 AP out of 46
You might want to be working on EXP for alot of your other characters. Okeanos is coming out tomorrow and that has a recommended level of 50. Not only that, but besides having some better droprates for some past stuff like Dragon Teeth and Ghost Lamps, but it gives you a reliable place to farm Snake Jewels and is currently the only place to get Meteor Horseshoes, which just about every Rider and a bunch of other Servants, like Hans and Asterios, need. Basically, it's going to be an important place when it comes to farming for materials.
I also a bit shamed to try out the game...
The game was smooth but it was hard to aim and shoot people.
There was a character who was pretty original, but her ability is throw cards and heal like Zenyatta.... Her ult... I don't know what it does...
I uninstalled it after I win the first match.
Gives me a whole lot of reminders that Magician Genji is still not a thing. I know it's a fan skin, meaning likely never, but still...

Here's hoping we see the new Halloween skins soon. I'm especially curious if Mei is going to get one like Jeff hinted.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An adnin?

What's an adnin?

Is it an adnintendo?

Or maybe an adnincompoop?
I think he means an adninistrator

Edit: LOL, what happens when you put your freezer on defrost mode

Dragon Ball Super Episode 108

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gives me a whole lot of reminders that Magician Genji is still not a thing. I know it's a fan skin, meaning likely never, but still...

Here's hoping we see the new Halloween skins soon. I'm especially curious if Mei is going to get one like Jeff hinted.
She looks like this:

I give credit that she is pretty much an original character. But it doesn't make any sense that she is a healer, unless those cards have magic power.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: Maybe I misunderstood?

Unless you are saying Genji looks like that girl

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
She looks like this:

I give credit that she is pretty much an original character. But it doesn't make any sense that she is a healer, unless those cards have magic power.
This could make sense if she was using Tarot Cards, especially if you take this tidbit about Tarot cards to mind:
Such believers say the tarot is variously a tool for therapy, something that can facilitate the process of "individuation", an instrument capable of "healing the human psyche and lifting the human spirit", even offering transcendence, transformation, and self-awareness.
But for one thing, you can't really tell from the look they give and two, I'm pretty sure Stage Magicians rarely use Tarot Cards. But there are Magicians in the general sense that use Tarot Cards.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, Hugh Hefner died?

Well I never had a real attachment to the guy.

But its still sad to see him go.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So what exactly was leaked about Fire Emblem Heroes?
Think you mean Fire Emblem Warriors, but quite a fair bit has been leaked
+Confirmation that Owain, Niles and Oboro are appearing in the game, either as playable characters or NPCs.
+Plot elements
+What the characters' promotions look like
+Elements such as 'History Mode' being showcased
+Costumes for various characters.
+Music files
I think that covers most bases of what's been leaked in regards to FE Warriors.

All in all, I'm definitely a bit more optimistic about the game than when I was before. True, some stuff's disappointing like how over-emphasised the Fates roster is in my opinion and we're not seeing familiar faces like Ike, Tharja or Roy as of what's going to be the base game, but I think I'm around 74% positive that this game's still going to be fun.

Also - Hyped for Killer Instinct coming to Steam. Next time I pick up a Steam Card I'm picking up KI while it's still on sale.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Whoa!

An official trailer for another Fire Emblem Warriors character?

Neat.

No spoilers because this is an official confirmation.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Whoa!

Neat.

That thumbnail alone had me asking several questions. And then when I finished watching the Anna part, it became the greatest thing in all retrospects. :laugh: Good lord, I was laughing so hard despite knowing how terrifying it actually would be to have such a scenario happen to you. Like with Lana's Summoning Gate ending with the Cuccos.

That aside, nice to see Anna confirmed. Interesting to see they are going the Outlaw route with her using a Bow. Also pretty cool to see her with Ballistas and the Ballistician Tank, a nice nod to Jake.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like for real.

That Anna trailer REALLY impresses me.

They put a lot of care into her and it really shows.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Whoa!

Neat.

Anna looks freakin' hilarious!:joyful:

I can't be the only person to think back to Jake the Ballistician from Shadow Dragon when she rides that mini-tank into battle. Either way, nice to see fun and wacky characters like her in the game. I'm even more optimistic than I was now that I've seen Anna in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom