• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why can normal pokemon flee from battle in gen 2? That is such an annoying feature

I thought it was just the dogs

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So by what I've been hearing about Anna in Fire Emblem Warriors:
In order to unlock her battle which after beating will unlock her, you have to find and interact with her within all of the Story Maps she appears in. And in some maps, she's Time sensitive. Basically, she is like the Gold Skulltulas in Hyrule Warriors. But apparently, she's easier to find and I assume that's because she's not hiding in boulders, walking on walls, high up on a ledge that you need a hookshot for, etc.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So by what I've been hearing about Anna in Fire Emblem Warriors:
In order to unlock her battle which after beating will unlock her, you have to find and interact with her within all of the Story Maps she appears in. And in some maps, she's Time sensitive. Basically, she is like the Gold Skulltulas in Hyrule Warriors. But apparently, she's easier to find and I assume that's because she's not hiding in boulders, walking on walls, high up on a ledge that you need a hookshot for, etc.
Well I'm never unlocking her I guess.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
No one has shared Ryoma's promotion outfit in Fire Emblem Warriors to my knowledge, so I'd thought I'd show it for those that are interested:

I like it a lot more than Ryoma's normal design. There's something about the combination of the silver, red, and gold that really brings out a regal charm to him.

It's also worth mentioning that much like Xander's promoted outfit in Warriors taking elements from his Nohrian King design in Cipher, Ryoma's promoted outfit does the same with his Hoshidan King design in Cipher:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why can normal pokemon flee from battle in gen 2? That is such an annoying feature

I thought it was just the dogs
Isn't that only certain pokemon tho?

Like I think Phanpy can flee from battle for example but most others don't...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't that only certain pokemon tho?

Like I think Phanpy can flee from battle for example but most others don't...
Phanpy and Quagsire at least

I'm breeding Phanpy and I needed a Quagsire to do that

So when it's all the pokemon you need for something it might look like it's more pokemon than it is

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No midnight launch for the SNES Classic Edition tonight. Eh, oh well.

So here are the games on it that I haven't played
- Star Fox 2 (duh)
- Contra III: The Alien Wars
- Final Fantasy III (or VI or whatever it's called)
- Mega Man X
- Secret of Mana
- Super Ghosts 'n Ghouls
I can't comment on Star Fox 2 (of course), Contra, or Ghosts 'n Ghouls, but the other three are fantastic. I've only played a bit of Secret of Mana through the game's co-op mode, but it's a lot of fun so far, even if the early game can be frustrating. Meanwhile, FF6 and Mega Man X are masterpieces - if you can't get ahold of a SNES Classic, be sure to download them if you have a Wii or Wii U.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't comment on Star Fox 2 (of course), Contra, or Ghosts 'n Ghouls, but the other three are fantastic. I've only played a bit of Secret of Mana through the game's co-op mode, but it's a lot of fun so far, even if the early game can be frustrating. Meanwhile, FF6 and Mega Man X are masterpieces - if you can't get ahold of a SNES Classic, be sure to download them if you have a Wii or Wii U.
Managed to get a preorder so I'm gewd.

Can't get it when the store opens so I have to deal with 2 pm (after work)

And I'll definitely try your recommendations.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Unless Nintendo magically makes enough to make everyone happy, I have strong doubts I'll pick up any other Classic Editions (I would hack my SNES one to add the games first)

D

Deleted member

and I assume that's because she's not hiding in boulders, walking on walls, high up on a ledge that you need a hookshot for, etc
Honestly, I'd love if Anna actually hid in those places, it'd be too funny
No one has shared Ryoma's promotion outfit in Fire Emblem Warriors to my knowledge, so I'd thought I'd show it for those that are interested:

I like it a lot more than Ryoma's normal design. There's something about the combination of the silver, red, and gold that really brings out a regal charm to him.

It's also worth mentioning that much like Xander's promoted outfit in Warriors taking elements from his Nohrian King design in Cipher, Ryoma's promoted outfit does the same with his Hoshidan King design in Cipher:
The silver really does look great on him
Though I still prefer the promotions that are just taken from the original game, the mew ones feel like SoV Overckass DLC

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What is the list of games on it anyways?
Both International & Japan
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
Final Fantasy VI
F-Zero
Kirby Super Star
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid

International Only
EarthBound
Kirby's Dream Course
Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Punch-Out!!

Japan Only
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Panel de Pon
Super Soccer
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Daily reminder that Derrick from GameXplain got a Game Over in less than a minute when playing Contra III for their SNES Classic showcase.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I hope in Dragonball Xenoverse 3 if that ever happens that they go into the Super canon and Raditz and Nappa come back and have ****ing ssjb forms. That'd be ****ing cool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should have the tournament of power if they have Xenoverse 3

Maybe we can finally find out what Dr. Rota's ability is

Why they call him "Dr."

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda funny knowing the next couple episode titles kinda spoils what will happen between Jiren and Goku

Jiren vs Hit episode 111 or 112

So, Jiren's still standing after episodes 109 and 110, the battle of Jiren vs Goku

D

Deleted member

Ok, so, I've decided to sin once again
I'm back into this game once again.
But, like, last time I played it was around when we still had only 9 Chapters and no Paralogues so, can anyone do me a summary of stuff that changed? Not everything, just stuff I should note. I already know about Skill Inheritance though I'd like some recommendations for my current team(only one I'm even considering removing is Raven but only if I get someone better later, so I'm not intending on fully investing on him).
Fpr reference, here's the rest of my units
Another question about SI, do I need the character who is going to learn the skill to know its prereq(if it has one) or does it need to be the character that originally has it? I want to sacrifice Camilla for Nino

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I wanna catch up on DBS but I have just shy of 100 episodes to watch.

Since I watched the Battle of Gods and Ressurection f movies can I skip those or will I miss stuff?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Since I watched the Battle of Gods and Ressurection f movies can I skip those or will I miss stuff?
It's different.

Honestly, I don't think you'd miss much skipping them though

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno why they even bothered to redo battle and the gods and stuff. They changed some stuff but most of it was inferior.

Not to mention they didn't add anything different that would have changed the series if they had just skipped it

They changed some characters. But it's characters that just died anyway and junk

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So for anyone interested, the stats for the new Dancers have been revealed.
Already Reddit is having a hissy fit about Olivia having 2 more Atk and 1 more Spd than Jaffer.
Ok, so, I've decided to sin once again

I'm back into this game once again.
But, like, last time I played it was around when we still had only 9 Chapters and no Paralogues so, can anyone do me a summary of stuff that changed? Not everything, just stuff I should note. I already know about Skill Inheritance though I'd like some recommendations for my current team(only one I'm even considering removing is Raven but only if I get someone better later, so I'm not intending on fully investing on him).
Fpr reference, here's the rest of my units

Another question about SI, do I need the character who is going to learn the skill to know its prereq(if it has one) or does it need to be the character that originally has it? I want to sacrifice Camilla for Nino

Basically, if you want to give a character Darting Blow 3, the character with that move needs to be able to learn it. Camilla can't as she learns Darting Blow 3 at 5-Star. Someone like Florina however could give a character Darting Blow 3 as she learns that at 4-Star. Also, in order to learn a 3 Skill, you need to give the character the 1 and 2 skill as well unless they already have it. So if you want to give Darting Blow 3 to Nino, you need to give her Darting Blow 1 and 2.
This is also the case with weapons. Only at 5-Star can you give a character a +version of the weapon you want to give. If you wished to give a character, say, Gronraven, a 3-Star or 4-Star Cecilia can give it to a Green Mage. However, if you want Gronraven+ for that character, you need to get a 5-Star Cecilia if you want to give them Gronraven+. So you need to get a 5-Star Cecilia if she is a Focus character or you have to use 20,000 Feathers to get a Cecilia to 5-Star, than sacrifice her to give Gronraven+.

Also, some other noteworthy changes. EXP is less harsh. Before, it was around being over 6 levels that stopped giving EXP, but now it's around 8-9 levels that stop giving EXP. Also, lower Star characters get more EXP compared to 5-Star characters. Staff characters also get more EXP for healing.
The Training Tower has also changed. Basically, rather than hoping that the Training Tower gives you the right enemies to train with, you actually get a "Refresh" button that you can use as much as you like(YES, AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE! It doesn't cost any Stamina or anything to do so) until you get the enemy icons you want. So you could keep refreshing until you get 2 Swords and 2 Staffs, 3 Axes and 1 Bow, etc. So the Training Tower is much better than before for levelling up units.

But for the moment, the Warriors Maps that are happening are so much better for levelling and less Stamina. Also great for SP.
https://i.imgur.com/MIM2AXS.png

Edit: Oh, and everytime a new Banner comes out, you can have one Free Summon from that Banner. The Free Summon has no effect on the chances, as besides 3-Star and 4-Stars, I have gotten a 5-Star Roy and 5-Star Nephenee from the Free Summon. Also, the Free Summon takes over the 5 Orb Summon, meaning if you summon all 5 Heroes from a Banner for the first time, you only need to pay 16 Orbs.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Oh myngod
Oh my god
DRV3s end broke the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5TH walls

Imma die, i love it
i care for danganronpa but i love v3's ending
because its a massive **** you to the people who are way too into the series and as someone who dosent outright have a possitive or negative opinion on the series i just enjoy the levels of **** you it gives to the worst part of the fandom

oh btw yugioh Duel links just added GX, jaden is the easiest of the three to get bastion and aster are also there

also mokuba is unlockable....dont get exited its mokuba

also alos later this year duel links will be on steam

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Basically, if you want to give a character Darting Blow 3, the character with that move needs to be able to learn it. Camilla can't as she learns Darting Blow 3 at 5-Star. Someone like Florina however could give a character Darting Blow 3 as she learns that at 4-Star. Also, in order to learn a 3 Skill, you need to give the character the 1 and 2 skill as well unless they already have it. So if you want to give Darting Blow 3 to Nino, you need to give her Darting Blow 1 and 2.
So, whatever skills I want from Camilla to pass to Nino need to have their lower levels learned by Nino? Sounds easy enough, pretty sure someone has Draconic Aura in here. I dom't have Florina but I'll see if I have anyone else with Darting Blow.

What are some good skills to give to Oboro and CYL Lyn? I'm thinking something like Spur Def or Res and some sort of tanking skill for Oboro but I don't know if the former stacks with Rally Defense.
No idea about Lyn, just got her and am leveling her up now. Gonna try to do all the Warriors maps for that

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So, whatever skills I want from Camilla to pass to Nino need to have their lower levels learned by Nino? Sounds easy enough, pretty sure someone has Draconic Aura in here. I dom't have Florina but I'll see if I have anyone else with Darting Blow.

What are some good skills to give to Oboro and CYL Lyn? I'm thinking something like Spur Def or Res and some sort of tanking skill for Oboro but I don't know if the former stacks with Rally Defense.
No idea about Lyn, just got her and am leveling her up now. Gonna try to do all the Warriors maps for that

oh dont worry about florina jsut pull blue theres like 4 characters youll get out of that untill you pull a 5* and she est and oboro are the main 3

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I've changed my signature and I don't think I've ever been more proud / happy of myself up until now.

It was finally about damn time I did so too. Oh ****ing yeah. :cool:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Skip to episode 28; you won't miss much. (they add a few things to Resurrection F's retelling, like Gotenks and Captain Ginyu returning, but both are short-lived by my understanding and don't appear to impact anything later) Episodes 15 through 17 are brand new content, but not absolutely necessary. (though from what I recall, 15 is hilarious)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

If you're looking for skill set advice, I strongly recommend Gamepress. Their section for FEH is basically the game's Smogon.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Oboro is good as a Bait-Tank and Retaliate character, so a Killer/Slaying Lance is good for her. She's also got good Defense, so she can use the skill Bonfire nicely. Bonfire can be gotten from 4* Male Robin and 4* Adult Tiki. Quick Riposte from Subaki is also good, but to get Quick Riposte 3, you have to get a 5* Subaki.
CyL Lyn is awesome just by her skills alone. You really don't need to give her anything, as her Base skills are great alone. However, if you get yourself a Horse Team, you could give her Hone/Fortify Cavalry from 4*Gunter & 4*Jagen respectively to help out your other Cavalry.
If you want some ideas, suggestions or want to look at characters stats and whatnot to give yourself ideas, you could give here a chance.
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

Also, I did edit my previous post to talk about the first Free Summon from a new Banner in case you haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Skip to episode 28; you won't miss much. (they add a few things to Resurrection F's retelling, like Gotenks and Captain Ginyu returning, but both are short-lived by my understanding and don't appear to impact anything later) Episodes 15 through 17 are brand new content, but not absolutely necessary. (though from what I recall, 15 is hilarious)
Captain Ginyu returns? Does he die immediately because of how weak he is comparatively to the Z fighters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom