• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So, whatever skills I want from Camilla to pass to Nino need to have their lower levels learned by Nino? Sounds easy enough, pretty sure someone has Draconic Aura in here. I dom't have Florina but I'll see if I have anyone else with Darting Blow.
Not quite; the character giving the skills (in this case Camilla) has to be able to learn the skill you want to inherit, and you also need to inherit all its prerequisites as well (or the character getting the skills can already know them, that works too). Camilla can't learn Darting Blow 3 at 4*, therefore she can only pass on Darting Blow 1 and 2 to Nino; Nino already having Darting Blow 1 or 2 won't change that. But since you can inherit only three skills at a time, it is sometimes worthwhile to mix and match, and get maybe one or two levels of a skill from one unit, and the remainder from another.

What are some good skills to give to Oboro and CYL Lyn? I'm thinking something like Spur Def or Res and some sort of tanking skill for Oboro but I don't know if the former stacks with Rally Defense.
No idea about Lyn, just got her and am leveling her up now. Gonna try to do all the Warriors maps for that
For Oboro, yeah, you want some tanky skills. Braindead easy picks would be something like Fury or just bog-standard Defense+3, but you could also do something like Fortress Defence if you get a Lukas or Seth at some point (though I would personally say Lukas does Oboro's job better, but no harm in having both, either, since the newer modes encourage having variety and strength in depth, rather than having only one overpowering team). She also wants to get rid of the Heavy Spear asap, ideally getting a Slaying Lance+ instead, but since that's only on one unit right now a Killer Lance will do just as well. For her special, Bonfire or Ignis are great, since their damage will be based off of her high Defence. For B, Quick Riposte (from Subaki) is pretty good on her (just get Quick Riposte 2, QR3 is way more expensive and QR2 does the job just as well), or Guard (from Leon or Titania; again, Guard 2 works fine) to put a stopper in Moonbow and Luna since those are everywhere these days. Contrary to popular belief, I think Threaten Res is not entirely worthless on her, if you're using a mage alongside her, though Nino would prefer having people with lots of Hone skills. Oboro already has Rally Defence so that's one stat, but you'll also want Hone Attack, Speed and Resistance. Or if you get Eirika, she can buff three of the four stats at once if you put Rally Defence on her, thus turning Nino into a monster.

As for Lyn, her base kit is pretty good. Just need an assist skill (Reposition [Selena, Barst] or Draw Back [Nino, Sully] work here), and you're pretty much done. Though you can probably replace her C skill with a Spur or Hone skill since she'll likely kill most people she hits anyway, making the debuff fairly useless.

Spur and Drive skills will stack with Hone/Rally/Fortify skills, as well as other Spur and Drive skills, but they do not contribute to Gronnblade's effect (only Hone/Rally/Fortify do). Hone/Rally/Fortify skills on the same stat cannot stack.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So he swaps bodies with someone a lot stronger and then I assume fights somebody and then dies?
Remember that Goku and Vegeta are training with Whis

There is quite a difference between being able to dominate Piccolo and Gohan vs fighting against Goku and Vegeta

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh myngod
Oh my god
DRV3s end broke the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5TH walls

Imma die, i love it
Yeah, DRV3's Ending does cut pretty deep.

I actually ended up liking Ouma somewhat in the end. He's not my favorite, but he was certainly...
interesting.
"At least I... wasn't boring" - Kokichi

D

Deleted member

Oboro is good as a Bait-Tank and Retaliate character, so a Killer/Slaying Lance is good for her. She's also got good Defense, so she can use the skill Bonfire nicely. Bonfire can be gotten from 4* Male Robin and 4* Adult Tiki. Quick Riposte from Subaki is also good, but to get Quick Riposte 3, you have to get a 5* Subaki.
CyL Lyn is awesome just by her skills alone. You really don't need to give her anything, as her Base skills are great alone. However, if you get yourself a Horse Team, you could give her Hone/Fortify Cavalry from 4*Gunter & 4*Jagen respectively to help out your other Cavalry.
If you want some ideas, suggestions or want to look at characters stats and whatnot to give yourself ideas, you could give here a chance.
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

Also, I did edit my previous post to talk about the first Free Summon from a new Banner in case you haven't seen it yet.
Found out about first Free Summon on accident lol, went to try out for Hector bevause I still haven't given up after all this time
Not quite; the character giving the skills (in this case Camilla) has to be able to learn the skill you want to inherit, and you also need to inherit all its prerequisites as well (or the character getting the skills can already know them, that works too). Camilla can't learn Darting Blow 3 at 4*, therefore she can only pass on Darting Blow 1 and 2 to Nino; Nino already having Darting Blow 1 or 2 won't change that. But since you can inherit only three skills at a time, it is sometimes worthwhile to mix and match, and get maybe one or two levels of a skill from one unit, and the remainder from another.

For Oboro, yeah, you want some tanky skills. Braindead easy picks would be something like Fury or just bog-standard Defense+3, but you could also do something like Fortress Defence if you get a Lukas or Seth at some point (though I would personally say Lukas does Oboro's job better, but no harm in having both, either, since the newer modes encourage having variety and strength in depth, rather than having only one overpowering team). She also wants to get rid of the Heavy Spear asap, ideally getting a Slaying Lance+ instead, but since that's only on one unit right now a Killer Lance will do just as well. For her special, Bonfire or Ignis are great, since their damage will be based off of her high Defence. For B, Quick Riposte (from Subaki) is pretty good on her (just get Quick Riposte 2, QR3 is way more expensive and QR2 does the job just as well), or Guard (from Leon or Titania; again, Guard 2 works fine) to put a stopper in Moonbow and Luna since those are everywhere these days. Contrary to popular belief, I think Threaten Res is not entirely worthless on her, if you're using a mage alongside her, though Nino would prefer having people with lots of Hone skills. Oboro already has Rally Defence so that's one stat, but you'll also want Hone Attack, Speed and Resistance. Or if you get Eirika, she can buff three of the four stats at once if you put Rally Defence on her, thus turning Nino into a monster.

As for Lyn, her base kit is pretty good. Just need an assist skill (Reposition [Selena, Barst] or Draw Back [Nino, Sully] work here), and you're pretty much done. Though you can probably replace her C skill with a Spur or Hone skill since she'll likely kill most people she hits anyway, making the debuff fairly useless.

Spur and Drive skills will stack with Hone/Rally/Fortify skills, as well as other Spur and Drive skills, but they do not contribute to Gronnblade's effect (only Hone/Rally/Fortify do). Hone/Rally/Fortify skills on the same stat cannot stack.
I ended up doing some weird stuff
Screenshot_20170929-004030.png

Pass is really just there as a filler skill and Rising Light is somewhat useful even despute the 6 attack cooldown due to the newer maps having either lots of enemies or being Tempest Trials.
Man, I love Gronnblade
Screenshot_20170929-004042.png

I saw thag I had an easy Renewal avaibke so I went for it. He has Ren 3 but he's still short on SP
Screenshot_20170929-004048.png

Rip Gwen, died for Buckler.
Hone Atk is there to support Nino, and Rally Def also helps on that regard. She has yet to lesrn A skills because, again, short on SP but it's gonna be HP+5 for mow since I don't have any Def+ ones

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
View attachment 132925
Pass is really just there as a filler skill and Rising Light is somewhat useful even despute the 6 attack cooldown due to the newer maps having either lots of enemies or being Tempest Trials.
Man, I love Gronnblade
Hmm, I'm inclined to say Death Blow and Gronnblade together is kind of overkill, since she'll already be hitting pretty hard. Darting Blow is probably better, since with blade tomes you generally want to ensure that you double, rather than just pile on more damage but only get one hit. Fury (from Hinata) is probably Nino's best A skill right now, since the +3 to all stats also helps her tank blue mages a little better, as well as boosting her attack and speed further. But Fury is kind of boring since everyone just sticks it on everything (mainly because it's so cheap and common), so more creative choices aren't so bad sometimes.

You know what's a really good special on Nino? Draconic Aura, which you can get from your Camilla. You know how its effect is to increase attack by 30%? And how Gronnblade adds all the buffs she has to her attack? Yeah. At level 40 and with hones or rallies to each stat, plus your S-support, that's about 20 bonus damage that ignores the weapon triangle (i.e. she can even blow up most reds). And 4 cooldown is a lot better than 6. Or if you feel particularly sadistic, you can give her Dragon Fang (male Corrin, Sophia) for its 50% Atk boost, so she packs a pretty painful 34 bonus damage when her special triggers.

D

Deleted member

"Let's go for one more try at everyone's favorite Lord, this banner has no Axe Focus units so maybe this'll give me better chances"
*Sigh* Well, since we are here
Screenshot_20170929-013455.png
Uhm, what the actual ****? Are you telling me this ***** just resetted my 5* Rate Up?
I want to use her but two removing Oboro would be just hard for me

Ivander

Smash Legend
"Let's go for one more try at everyone's favorite Lord, this banner has no Axe Focus units so maybe this'll give me better chances"

*Sigh* Well, since we are here
Uhm, what the actual ****? Are you telling me this ***** just resetted my 5* Rate Up?
I want to use her but two removing Oboro would be just hard for me

Nephenee somewhat has a more different role compared to Oboro. Nephenee can tank physical damage as a bonus, but her primary focus is on her amazing damage, as she has great Atk, great Spd and an amazing combination of Slaying Lance, Moonbow and Wrath. And regardless, she's amazing for the Tempest Trial as she can take out the Black Knight as long as he attacks first. And she won't get doubled by him.

And don't be dissing a lady who's Level-up 4/5 stat gain quote is "Yep."

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can't stand it, I'm temporarily change my avatar to thinking Marie for now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
According to this, the Wii Shopping Channel will be shut down at the end of January 2019. You also won't be able to add points after March 2018, so keep that in mind.

Kinda crazy to think that it's been around for as long as it has, it's the last remaining online function on the system (well, officially anyways). Now if only we could get some news on the Switch VC...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
bad news in fire emblem heroes i didnt get azura on my free pull

the good news is i got her on my third pull

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Okay, new banner, and one of the best we've ever had, no less! Four different dancers, all able to do things previous ones haven't. I got Nephenee, Elincia, and an off-banner Eirika last time, let's see if I can keep that momentum going and-

...Oh.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
According to this, the Wii Shopping Channel will be shut down at the end of January 2019. You also won't be able to add points after March 2018, so keep that in mind.

Kinda crazy to think that it's been around for as long as it has, it's the last remaining online function on the system (well, officially anyways). Now if only we could get some news on the Switch VC...
The Wii lowkey is the Windows XP of Nintendo.

Innovative, solid, successful and with a extended support (at least on the Shopping Channel)

Wii U is obviously Vista :V

D

Deleted member

The Wii Shop Channel, in my opinion, was one of the defining aspects of the original Wii. It had such a wide selection of classic games, both from past Nintendo consoles and other retro platforms including Genesis/Mega Drive, TurboGrafx-16, and Neo Geo, among others. I also enjoyed some of the WiiWare titles, including the Konami ReBirth series. I also can't talk about the Wii Shop without mentioning the catchy theme music.

It's a shame that many of the Wii's Virtual Console games never made it over to the Wii U eShop (Smash 64, most of the Square Enix games outside of Japan, most of the games from non-Nintendo systems, etc.), and that many of the WiiWare games aren't available elsewhere, but it was nice to have access to these games via the Wii U's Wii mode.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I had been planning on getting a bunch of Wii Virtual Console games that I can't get on the Wii U (Strider being chief among them), so at least I have a deadline now.

D

Deleted member

Little express poll:

Who here still don't own Samus Returns and what are you waiting to get it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little express poll:

I'll be honest, I don't really plan on getting it anytime soon. I still don't own a Switch, so that's a bigger priority buy, and then there are games like Pokken Tournament DX and Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle that are already out for it, and upcoming releases like Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors are coming soon...all of which I want more than Samus Returns.

To say nothing of the Chrom and Tiki amiibo coming out either.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Or you know, idols, j-pop and Stands? :troll:
I don't know if going the TMS route in terms of 'Puyo Puyo Tensei' would be such a good idea. I mean, after the fan reaction to that game, that should probably say it all. What's more, Puyo Puyo going THAT route feels almost insultingly easy to do, if you want my opinion.

Personally, I'd like a Puyo game with SMT elements.

Maybe even the possible spiritual successor to Compile’s Madou Monogatari games featuring the current cast of characters and settings introduced in Fever 1, Fever 2, and Puyo 7, in addition to the original Madou-era Puyo cast.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, DRV3's Ending does cut pretty deep.

I actually ended up liking Ouma somewhat in the end. He's not my favorite, but he was certainly...
interesting.
"At least I... wasn't boring" - Kokichi
I kinda wish they didnt give that cosplayer any lines in this game. Everything she said is worthless and dumb the whole game.

No wonder she was least popular

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Little express poll:

Me, and honestly there's probably not really anything that would make me get the game. I'm simply not that much of a fan of Metroid; I played a couple of games, like the Prime games and Fusion, and they just aren't really for me. I will say I preferred the 2D games slightly more than the 3D ones, but that's about it, and not by enough that I plan on playing another one any time soon (unless I magically happen upon an SNES Mini at some point).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes... the day that I have to finish and turn in my 1000 word essay... yay....
I seriously don't get why Nintendo still doesn't seem to get online gaming yet. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening.
Now this is the part that I will never defend regarding Nintendo Switch, if some naysayers said that Nintendrones likes to "damage control", well, they are sure right when it comes to online chat. Regardless, I don't think that anyone who plays PC or other console's online games will defend Nintendo's online voice chat. Remember how I align with OJ from PlayEssence opinion? I heavily disagree on he thinks that voice chat isn't a big deal for Switch and says that Discord is all it needs for chatting on all of the platform he played. It made sense but I can't believe OJ doesn't know how bad that is when there are many people who don't even use online criticizes this so hard, including me.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sigh* This is going to be painfu-

. . .Wait, the PSVita version of Fifa 15 didn't even have online?

The article jumps to circlejerk hell pretty quick. I expected it to be a lot longer, even a statement from EA being more than I expected but at least at minimum outlining the various reasons why this is Nintendo's fault in a logical manner. Instead it's basically just a short vent piece that instantly jumps from a personal anecdote right to speculation with no lead up. It's a cringeworthy subpar opinion piece with far less to offer towards the potential issue here than the fever pitch reaction everyone's having promised.

We've gone from taking input from designers as official word from project heads to taking input from upset journalists making hot takes as official explanation. I wish I could be taken as seriously as every random with a platform is.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
*sigh* This is going to be painfu-

. . .Wait, the PSVita version of Fifa 15 didn't even have online?

The article jumps to circlejerk hell pretty quick. I expected it to be a lot longer, even a statement from EA being more than I expected but at least at minimum outlining the various reasons why this is Nintendo's fault in a logical manner. Instead it's basically just a short vent piece that instantly jumps from a personal anecdote right to speculation with no lead up. It's a cringeworthy subpar opinion piece with far less to offer towards the potential issue here than the fever pitch reaction everyone's having promised.

We've gone from taking input from designers as official word from project heads to taking input from upset journalists making hot takes as official explanation. I wish I could be taken as seriously as every random with a platform is.
I haven't read it, but this once again, can't justify Nintendo Switch poor online. It may not be all Nintendo's fault, but Nintendo needs to have a fair share of criticism.
Nevertheless, I think the sales of FIFA 18 is the most important.
One thing to at least comfort us is that Nintendo still has the chance of improving it before we have to pay it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I haven't read it, but this once again, can't justify Nintendo Switch poor online. It may not be all Nintendo's fault, but Nintendo needs to have a fair share of criticism.
Nevertheless, I think the sales of FIFA 18 is the most important.
One thing to at least comfort us is that Nintendo still has the chance of improving it before we have to pay it.
Like, I was going to edit this in, but this gives me an opportunity to just say it.

Yes, Nintendo's online is worth correcting, but using this article an argument is literally just desperately looking for excuses to hide behind to complain. Complaining about it in general is valid, complaining about it while trying to hide behind this article is ridiculous. No one needs Eurogamer to tell them it's OK before they can start another wave of complaining about the mediocre online. Do it on your own accord, not while waving the banner of someone who doesn't know any more than you do.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Little express poll:

I don't have it nor do I plan on getting it. I have a 3ds but the only reason why I still have it is because I lost the damn code on its back so I can't sell it.

I don't have any real priorities this year. At least, not off the top of my head.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Like, I was going to edit this in, but this gives me an opportunity to just say it.

Yes, Nintendo's online is worth correcting, but using this article an argument is literally just desperately looking for excuses to hide behind to complain. Complaining about it in general is valid, complaining about it while trying to hide behind this article is ridiculous. No one needs Eurogamer to tell them it's OK before they can start another wave of complaining about the mediocre online. Do it on your own accord, not while waving the banner of someone who doesn't know any more than you do.
Agree, but with that said, it's not that it is only recent where Nintendo Switch has been criticized of its poor online features. It has been a criticism ever since how we have seen the ridiculously complex voice chat set up for Splatoon 2, and how the negative reception the online app gets. This articles just made the poor online starting to resurface again.. which is really a bummer.
And this might cause some online multiplayers games like Overwatch, Destiny 2 will be even more unlikely to be ported to Switch not because of power but because of poor online. I really don't want to see Jeff from Overwatch later say that he doesn't feel comfortable of porting Overwatch to Switch due to the fact that Switch has poor online suppose they finally be able to port the game to Switch one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom