• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't have it nor do I plan on getting it. I have a 3ds but the only reason why I still have it is because I lost the damn code on its back so I can't sell it.

I don't have any real priorities this year. At least, not off the top of my head.
And why precisely you don't plan to get it?

D

Deleted member

I see a 10 4 so it might be April, yeah

Also **** me, Build stuff will make me need a second job if they don't calm down
Plot twist: it starts 4th of October... of 2017
April is still the best case scenario, guess we can start calling it My April Academia

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Managed to get my hands on a SNES Classic. Now to see if Star Fox 2 is really as bad as IGN said it was...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I don't know about them, but I know I'm not getting it because genwunners have already started putting me off Classic Sonic games I actually like and I can't be bothered to counteract the aversion the equivalent group in the Metroid fandom is giving me when I don't have a torch to hold for the franchise.

Also I gave the original Metroid a shot scraping up Club Nintendo points at the end of that and it bounced off of me enough that I don't really feel receptive to people's outcry of "Oh, but if you play the RIGHT game then it's totally better!"

*EDIT* I mean, it's not that it was bad like Super Metroid fans imply either, it's just not my genre.

*EDIT 2* ALSO I'm not picking up any more 3DS games anyway. But I don't see myself picking up Prime 4 either at this rate, so. . .

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because the only reason anyone plays Metroid is for Samus's hot body, and Gelbooru does that for free. :secretkpop:

No, the reason is because its on 3DS and I'm not buying anymore games for something I don't enjoy playing as a whole. I DO like Metroid. But not enough to revive my 3DS.

I figured saying I wanted to sell the thing made that obvious but apparently not. My bad.:drshrug:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
According to this, the Wii Shopping Channel will be shut down at the end of January 2019. You also won't be able to add points after March 2018, so keep that in mind.

Kinda crazy to think that it's been around for as long as it has, it's the last remaining online function on the system (well, officially anyways). Now if only we could get some news on the Switch VC...
RIP Wii Shopping Channel. Considering how well the Wii sold, I'm not entirely surprised it lasted this long. WiiWare might not have been a complete success, but the Virtual Console (also Youtube) forever changed the retro gaming market.

Definitely pick up the WiiWare titles while you can (Konami's Rebrith series in particular). Unless you like the thrill of the hunt, also keep in mind the higher end or import titles on the VC. Good luck being able to get a TurboGrafx 16 or Turbo CD for a good price. MUSHA, Pulseman, Alien Solider, Gley Lancer, and Monster World 4 are all Genesis titles that fetch $100+.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is a 2DS a good present for a upcoming 4 year old? Thinking about giving my son a few games of mine, and buy a 2DS for him to play them with. Which games are easy enough so he will be able to keep himself occupied while I make love to his mother?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Had the strangest experience at the gas station today. I went over to pick up a bottle of MTN dew when this dude cones over shaking his head and says, "nah nah bruh you don't want that **** its cancer bruh"

I'm use to seeing the not-so-intelligent people there, but this guy tops the cake.

Well I guess I drink cancer. Cheers.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Is a 2DS a good present for a upcoming 4 year old? Thinking about giving my son a few games of mine, and buy a 2DS for him to play them with. Which games are easy enough so he will be able to keep himself occupied while I make love to his mother?
I always have an urge to rec something specific during 3DS game rec requests, but. . .naaah, I'll hold back on mentioning that title for once if it's a four year old. Although scaling difficulty might help this dilemma. . .

Give him a Pokemon game. I can't think of one that's not easy and it should keep him busy for a while.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Please do not expose me on this website
Err.. what?

Had the strangest experience at the gas station today. I went over to pick up a bottle of MTN dew when this dude cones over shaking his head and says, "nah nah bruh you don't want that **** its cancer bruh"

I'm use to seeing the not-so-intelligent people there, but this guy tops the cake.

If Moutain Dew is cancer then I love caner.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Give him Nintendo Switch lol. Just joking.
I would prefer giving him Nintendo pushies rather than video games. But that's just me.
A tiger butler sounds nice.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Give him Nintendo Switch lol. Just joking.
I would prefer giving him Nintendo pushies rather than video games. But that's just me.
A tiger butler sounds nice.
Hey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would be the perfect answer to his question with the driving assist feature if a Switch weren't more expensive than he's likely shooting for.

I think a kid would be thrilled at something like this Kirby pillow I bought one time, but it was a bit pricey when I got it and it's even more expensive and utterly out of stock doing a brief attempt to look it up now. Ah well.

*EDIT* For reference:

This thing's like a foot wide. Bigger than the actual Kirby. And kinda soft, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Does all FEH Paralogues and Warrior maps on Auto-Battle*
Screenshot_20170929-163015~2.png

Me: "Save Orbs for the next Banner"
Also me: "Hector is in all of them and Joshua will never be in"
Time to burn out some orbs

He was right though, Mountain Dew can cause cancer, just like every other type of soda can.
And if you're gonna risk getting it, then at least drink a good one for ****'s sake

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder something: All of the games in the Europe version of the SNES use the US versions of the games rather than the PAL releases.

Star Fox 2 exists in English and Japanese but I wonder if Nintendo ever made a "Starwing 2" version.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wonder something: All of the games in the Europe version of the SNES use the US versions of the games rather than the PAL releases.

Star Fox 2 exists in English and Japanese but I wonder if Nintendo ever made a "Starwing 2" version.
That means Europe also gets Contra III instead of Super Probotector? Nice.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Yup, Pokémon seems like the way to go.

Unrelated: I got the Switch version of One Piece Unlimited World Red DX two days ago, been binge playing it (except when my Switch decided to freeze for no reason today and I have to wait till it empties itself of its battery before I can reboot the system) and oh boy is it fun.

It does lack a freaking minimap though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly, **** this game

I didn't even roll for her, I don't even want her!

Hey, at the very least, she's great for Training up low-level heroes and great for Bladetome users thanks to her +3 Stat boost Dance.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would be the perfect answer to his question with the driving assist feature if a Switch weren't more expensive than he's likely shooting for.

I think a kid would be thrilled at something like this Kirby pillow I bought one time, but it was a bit pricey when I got it and it's even more expensive and utterly out of stock doing a brief attempt to look it up now. Ah well.

*EDIT* For reference:

This thing's like a foot wide. Bigger than the actual Kirby. And kinda soft, too.
Too bad that I only have Pikachu plushies

And OMG Marie is actually going to be a Blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2!!!!
Nah, of course I was just joking, basically this Blade named "Hotaru" shares the same name as Marie's Japanese name.
Yep, there are more girl Blades like Pyra...

Like if you think Hotaru has better designs than Pyra.

Hm... so kind of like Nia base on the script, she is cheerful on the outside , but mischievous on the inside....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, now this is just getting silly
Screenshot_20170929-173519.png
Screenshot_20170929-173557.png
Screenshot_20170929-173656.png
If I got a cent for every 5* I got who is not Hector, I'd have 8 cents
Hey, at the very least, she's great for Training up low-level heroes and great for Bladetome users thanks to her +3 Stat boost Dance.
Oh yeah, that's pretty good, maybe I could consider replacing Raven with her since he has been sort of just around in the team

D

Deleted member

No, the reason is because its on 3DS and I'm not buying anymore games for something I don't enjoy playing as a whole. I DO like Metroid. But not enough to revive my 3DS.

I figured saying I wanted to sell the thing made that obvious but apparently not. My bad.:drshrug:
Well that's a valuable enough reason, I accept.

Maybe he doesn't like Metroid? I get that this is supposed to be a poll for research but your wording sounds needlessly aggressive. Might not be intentional though
When you give a negative answer to a poll like this one it is very strongly recommended to give at least a reason why. Basic common sense.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If I got a cent for every 5* I got who is not Hector, I'd have 8 cents

Oh yeah, that's pretty good, maybe I could consider replacing Raven with her since he has been sort of just around in the team

Sonya and Inigo are nice. Sonya is like Nephenee in that Sonya is someone who likes to do burst damage. She has Dark Excalibur which increases Special Damage by +10, Moonbow and Res Ploy which decreases Res should an enemy unit have lower Res than her. Inigo can make great use of Triangle Adept 3, which your 4* Roy has, and Gronraven, which will definitely help against Blue Mages and Bows.

Edit: I also want to point out that I had it much worse than you so far. I had 100 Orbs when I first did the Banner and I got no 5* characters whatsoever AND I had literally 5 sessions where I had no Green Stones to choose from. It also gave me so many Blues. Where were all of you during the Nohrian Summer Banner?
On the good side, I got 2 Cherches and an Eirika for giving Pivots to my Black Knight, Effie and my first Axe Armored character, Sheena that I also got from the Banner. I also got Titania, a Spd+, -Def Nino, another Jagen and Maria.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, the SNES Classic Edition is so TI-NY then what I was expecting.

Very nice and cool machine. So far I tried Stair Fax and Mega Man X (the latter is my first time playing it).

D

Deleted member

Sonya and Inigo are nice. Sonya is like Nephenee in that Sonya is someone who likes to do burst damage. She has Dark Excalibur which increases Special Damage by +10, Moonbow and Res Ploy which decreases Res should an enemy unit have lower Res than her. Inigo can make great use of Triangle Adept 3, which your 4* Roy has, and Gronraven, which will definitely help against Blue Mages and Bows.

Edit: I also want to point out that I had it much worse than you so far. I had 100 Orbs when I first did the Banner and I got no 5* characters whatsoever AND I had literally 5 sessions where I had no Green Stones to choose from. It also gave me so many Blues. Where were all of you during the Nohrian Summer Banner?
On the good side, I got 2 Cherches and an Eirika for giving Pivots to my Black Knight, Effie and my first Axe Armored character, Sheena that I also got from the Banner. I also got Titania, a Spd+, -Def Nino, another Jagen and Maria.
Took out Oboro from my team simce Azura can do what her role was much better, one Sing gives +12 to Gronnblade and an extra turn compared to Hone Atk+Rally Def. Just a shame Singing doesn't give EXP so training her will be a nightmare
Also decided to put in Nephenee since I'd have 3 Green units with Raven, she just needs some training but what are some good skills to pass to her?

I got, like, 3 3* Cherches yesterday alomgside one summon poll that had nothing but blues so I guess this is Lady Luck paying me back for that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well that's a valuable enough reason, I accept.

When you give a negative answer to a poll like this one it is very strongly recommended to give at least a reason why. Basic common sense.
What I meant was that the sentence you used sounds a bit meanspirited in English, and you're French, and said sentence doesn't sound meanspirited at all there

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
A bit late to the party, but Owain being in Fire Emblem Warriors has made up for the rest of the roster quite a bit. Also Anna's moveset with the ballista and clones... it's kinda awesome. Now gimme Azama and Jakob in the fates DLC pack, thanks.

Honestly a little disappointed if this is what we get for October in terms of festivity, I wanted creative costume units, or full on fan service with witches. That being said, dancers/singers are always useful. I've had a 150~ orbs saved up for this, I can't handle holding out for any longer so I spent it all. Now to start all over for holiday Tharja...

Azura is perhaps the best one of the bunch, that weapon is crazy. Eirika has just been booted out of being the best support for Blade tome users.

And Sonya is bae, she can break my pity rate any time.

As for myself, these are my latest units.

Olivia has the best art so I'm glad I got her, Shigure is welcome enough too.
Initially I considered Supporting my Azama, but I questioned just how much the stat boost would have really helped to make him useful, and then I realized I'd have to get him to kill dozens of level 35+ units and immediately chose Tharja. :laugh: Now she's quite formidable.
Black Knight is my first armored unit for me to actually use, and with Wings and Pivot, I can deal with his movement. Him and Ike have been destroying Tempest Trials with their bonuses.
Oh and for a long time I've had an extra Azura which I wasn't sure what to do with. Didn't feel like leveling it up so I just merged it with the one that I had that was already prepared.

Saying my lady sounds like something a neck beard says.
Just an internet meme, best not to mix it up with reality.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...Honestly, I need your luck for Sonya, I'll trade you my Hector for it.
I really wish there was some sort of trade function but we all know that'd only make Nintendo lose momey
A bit late to the party, but Owain being in Fire Emblem Warriors has made up for the rest of the roster quite a bit. Also Anna's moveset with the ballista and clones... it's kinda awesome. Now gimme Azama and Jakob in the fates DLC pack, thanks.

Honestly a little disappointed if this is what we get for October in terms of festivity, I wanted creative costume units, or full on fan service with witches. That being said, dancers/singers are always useful. I've had a 150~ orbs saved up for this, I can't handle holding out for any longer so I spent it all. Now to start all over for holiday Tharja...

Azura is perhaps the best one of the bunch, that weapon is crazy. Eirika has just been booted out of being the best support for Blade tome users.

And Sonya is bae, she can break my pity rate any time.

As for myself, these are my latest units.

Olivia has the best art so I'm glad I got her, Shigure is welcome enough too.
Initially I considered Supporting my Azama, but I questioned just how much the stat boost would have really helped to make him useful, and then I realized I'd have to get him to kill dozens of level 35+ units and immediately chose Tharja. :laugh: Now she's quite formidable!
Black Knight is my first armored unit for me to actually, and with Wings and Pivot, I can deal with his movement. Truly powerful, him and Ike have been destroying Tempest Trials with their bonuses.
Oh and for a long time I've had an extra Azura which I wasn't sure what to do with. Didn't feel like leveling it up so I just merged it with the one that I had that was already prepared.

Just an internet meme, best not to mix it up with reality.
How do I get BK? Do I need to clear TT on Lunatic or hit the Max score?
Shishoe got more 5 stars in one day than I did the entire time I played Heroes

I though Heroes didn't have a luck stat
My luck has been relatively great this week for some reason: I managed to get a bus ticket for a larger seat for the same price as standard and it even arrived at the destination earlier and my has also Wii U came back to life after months.
Considering my usual luck, I'm gonna bet Lady Luck will turn everything around for the next week so if I stop frequenting this thread, I either died, had my stuff stolen or broke my two arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom