• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Cool to see Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna and Anna were confirmed.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This could make sense if she was using Tarot Cards, especially if you take this tidbit about Tarot cards to mind:

But for one thing, you can't really tell from the look they give and two, I'm pretty sure Stage Magicians rarely use Tarot Cards. But there are Magicians in the general sense that use Tarot Cards.
Oh dear it even has the "trancendence"...
Again how she heals is basically like Zenyatta, but unlike Zenyatta she doesn't have orb limit but cool downs.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cool to see Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna and Anna were confirmed.
Are one of those annas Niles?
Whoa!

An official trailer for another Fire Emblem Warriors character?

Neat.

No spoilers because this is an official confirmation.

So she is the Croagunk of Fire emblem warriors now with the other hers showing up in that one attack

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, at this point, I'm 100% convinced Cu Chulainn is immortal and the only reasom he ever died was because the plot required him to do so.
View attachment 132909
Just so you know, I had a full party, with Cu, Kojiro and Robin Hood as the starting members and Mash as the first Sub Member.
I never healed Cu once.
Unrelated but how do I get more Class Statues easily? I need, like, 4 Assassin ones because Cursed Arm here deserves it

Meanwhile
View attachment 132910
How the **** does this even work?

"Rank e luck isn't a stat, it's a plot device."
Cu, diarmund, emiya

Think about it

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Think you mean Fire Emblem Warriors, but quite a fair bit has been leaked
+Confirmation that Owain, Niles and Oboro are appearing in the game, either as playable characters or NPCs.
+Plot elements
+What the characters' promotions look like
+Elements such as 'History Mode' being showcased
+Costumes for various characters.
+Music files
I think that covers most bases of what's been leaked in regards to FE Warriors.

All in all, I'm definitely a bit more optimistic about the game than when I was before. True, some stuff's disappointing like how over-emphasised the Fates roster is in my opinion and we're not seeing familiar faces like Ike, Tharja or Roy as of what's going to be the base game, but I think I'm around 74% positive that this game's still going to be fun.
I...think you summed up some of my own thoughts. It seems like the core gameplay is still as fun as you'd expect from a Warriors game and has some interesting Fire Emblem twists to it. And while the roster as-is is disappointing in its scope (No Merric or Minerva?), it's more that they took an understandable creative decision--remember, Hyrule Warriors did the same thing at first--but then executed it poorly from a selection standpoint.

I'm gonna have to figure out exactly what went on here. It feels like we don't know the full picture, and I don't want to jump on the how-dare-they-not-include-the-games-I-care-about train. Malice and dismissiveness are rarely the main cause behind this kind of thing, and yet they're often assumed to be...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
the best comparison to fire emblem warriors is marvel vs capcom infinite
Maybe it's because I don't follow Fire Emblem terribly well, but I would say FE fans don't have it as bad as X-Men/FF fans. Since the MvC series has had mulitple entries in and of itself. FEW is the first entry of a spinoff.

But I guess both games are basically appealing to newer fans rather than older ones. Or better yet, finding a good middle ground. I don't think many MvC fans are asking for Servbot or Marrow, for instance.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Technically only 3 people passed you since that mic guy was always a crazy high post count.
You guys should have seen the reaction the Staff Forum and BR had when they found out Mic's post count had been surpassed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You might want to be working on EXP for alot of your other characters. Okeanos is coming out tomorrow and that has a recommended level of 50. Not only that, but besides having some better droprates for some past stuff like Dragon Teeth and Ghost Lamps, but it gives you a reliable place to farm Snake Jewels and is currently the only place to get Meteor Horseshoes, which just about every Rider and a bunch of other Servants, like Hans and Asterios, need. Basically, it's going to be an important place when it comes to farming for materials.

Gives me a whole lot of reminders that Magician Genji is still not a thing. I know it's a fan skin, meaning likely never, but still...

Here's hoping we see the new Halloween skins soon. I'm especially curious if Mei is going to get one like Jeff hinted.
I haven't even finished France yet, lol, been taking the game slowly, maybe too slowly
"Rank e luck isn't a stat, it's a plot device."
Cu, diarmund, emiya

Think about it
The only way any of them can die is by themselves
Like, really though, in F/GO Protection from Arros B and Guts A basically make Cu immortal because one negates up to three attacks and the other automatically revives him with 1000HP when he dies

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Finally part of the Switch Master Race now!!! Bought it for my birthday with BOTW and Sonic Mania as starter games. I might wanna go after Puyo x Tetris due the sale.

I got to say though, Switch feels super-minimalistic yet satisfyingly on-point and crisp as a on-the-go gaming console. It's unexpectedly "potent" with it's functions, really.

BOTW left a strong first impression. As much as I'm very hungry to explore the wide wilderness of biggest and lush Hyrule yet, BOTW's big world and mechanics will takes some while to get used to.

Sonic Mania's pretty good, just good. Tails is still cutest thing. :4pacman:

A lot refurbished mechanics and ideas so far from Green Hill to Chemical Plant. Got quite thrown off by Egg Robo at the end of GHZ though.

Still, the update is still not around which has me sorta not wanna play it due soft-locking the home screen. Pretty torn...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I recently just got a little bit into Rick and Morty...just a little bit...
Same here actually. It's okay but not all that special compared to say, vanilla South Park and Family Guy. All these shows had their moments, quality will decline with time, so enjoy while it's still 'fresh'.

Then again I feel detached from pretty much everything, except reggae music.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I...think you summed up some of my own thoughts. It seems like the core gameplay is still as fun as you'd expect from a Warriors game and has some interesting Fire Emblem twists to it. And while the roster as-is is disappointing in its scope (No Merric or Minerva?), it's more that they took an understandable creative decision--remember, Hyrule Warriors did the same thing at first--but then executed it poorly from a selection standpoint.

I'm gonna have to figure out exactly what went on here. It feels like we don't know the full picture, and I don't want to jump on the how-dare-they-not-include-the-games-I-care-about train. Malice and dismissiveness are rarely the main cause behind this kind of thing, and yet they're often assumed to be...
Nevertheless, this final roster still leaves this game on a rather iffy end when looked as a whole. Might be parroting old complaints but Tecmo and I.S adding Lyndis and Celica like this for example, on top of all overemphasis on Fates, both end up kind of out-of-place with the mainly Kozaki Emblem-cast, honestly.

Some will see this as I.S thinking classic fans are truly an after-thought now that they try to not sorta get "angry" with how this game was gonna end up looking like. I find it tad iffy since I expect the main focus will be more or less on Fates/Awakening/Archanea-cast, and they feel more cohesive together while Lyndis and Celica clearly aren't part of the group (connectively speaking when you remember how Archanea and Ylisse are related and Fates is pretty much Awakening 2.0)

But then there's the other roster choices that kind of feel odd too due lack of some popular choices from those three games mentioned, and I kinda wonder was this all gonna end up an odd hodgepodge-job in the long run.

Doesn't help that they want this to sell well through us if we want see a sequel with possible "proper" representation. So far thus I haven't been entirely bought on this one. :025:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New banner for Heroes!

D A N C E R . I N I G O . B O Y S .

He finally gets to live his dream. Gonna pull for him and Olivia, and probably going to get neither. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At least Celica and Lyn could mean DLC for Alm, Roy, Eliwood and Hector right?.. :rolleyes:

I really don't think they'd be skipping over Ike at the very least. They'd probably be down for getting easy money by withholding him. Hyrule Warriors also had enourmous DLC with popular characters as Skull Kid, Young Link and Tingle. So no doubt Ike is at least gonna appear later on.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's something I would have loved to see actually, lol.
Mostly "these kids certainly love to ****post", "Points > Posts/Likes," or "maybe we should remove post counts in Social Groups." Ironic as according to Mic himself, most of his posts came from Forum Games (from before they removed post counts) and ****posting in order to unlock new avatars*.

*Originally you couldn't have custom avatars. Instead you unlocked new preset ones once your reached a certain status level. Everyone be going for the Shadow Ball avatar. :mewtwomelee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I beat Blaine in Blue, but the Viridian Gym is still empty

What do you do after Blaine?

Edit: I had the secret key and beat all the trainers but for some reason I never fought Blaine...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Finally 100%ed Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, what a great game!

So many funny moments, challenging game play and great level design... also there were a whole lot of glitches. Like, a whole lot.

It was actually really good to see Wario and Waluigi appear in some way, even though it was just in Rabbid form. Ubisoft know Nintendo fans better than Nintendo do.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Went on with Sonic Mania, and it keeps on being pretty cool around Chemical Plant. 2nd Act introduces very fun mechanics that had me really on my feet exploring the factory with it's various scientific experiments.

Also, that Puyo Puyo Mean Bean Machine-throwback as 2nd Act's boss was plain unexpected yet genius concept for a boss, aesthetically speaking! :4dedede: (I guess you can chemically mass-produce Puyo...?)

On that note... I think when I got to Studiopolis, is when the game's true quality started to really shine out.
Like, holy moley, that zone was plain awesome! Never knew I always wanted a dream zone of personal kind like this, in terms of glamorous city outskirt aesthetics and old media/TV throwbacks + mechanics.

Heavy Gunner's boss-fight had to be one of the most exhilarating standard bosses in the entire series to me so far. It also looks to be more competent than I thought via escaping right at the very end.

And my God, I don't think I have enough words to describe the 2nd boss! All of that weatherman charm and fun gimmicks made for plain impeccably presented boss fight. Is this real life?!
(Also him laughing in cue of the music is such a sweet little detail.)

I got to take a break between 3 zones to not wear the game thin quick, but I can't really wait for more.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
possible Good news exactly one person
remember when i said anna migt not be unlocked from the shadow dragon map one guy on neogaf has said she isnt,this ofcourse is uncourced but hey you guys want to gling to the idea that maybe they didnt reveal the entire roster and that they didnt lie about corrin M and robin F not ebing considered their own characters(because at this point not doing so would actually make the roster smaller)

Ivander

Smash Legend
New banner for Heroes!

D A N C E R . I N I G O . B O Y S .

He finally gets to live his dream. Gonna pull for him and Olivia, and probably going to get neither. :p
This actually looks pretty cool and unique. Although Azura will be dangerous in Arena Runs just for that +3 Boost for all Stats. Also, depending on his stats, Inigo could be a potential good counter for Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. Olivia and Shigure also look very nice.

Also, might I like to point out that Olivia is wearing a dark outfit when there is a meme on Reddit where Olivia's outfit becomes dark when she wields Wo Dao?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Finally got around to watching the Kanto specials.

They didn't mention that Brock Mega Evolves too.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
No midnight launch for the SNES Classic Edition tonight. Eh, oh well.

So here are the games on it that I haven't played
- Star Fox 2 (duh)
- Contra III: The Alien Wars
- Final Fantasy III (or VI or whatever it's called)
- Mega Man X
- Secret of Mana
- Super Ghosts 'n Ghouls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom