• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Speaking of ARMS
Got more ARMS arts to share:
Ribbon Girl is enjoying this...what?
Let's pray Mechanica won't get suffocated...
Minmin seems to be salty of seeing this...
Wedding skins in ARMS for female fighters anyone? Like how they did with FE Heros?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Huh, Russia bombed ISIS, good on them.
They have been fighting them for a while now.

It's a three sided war in Syria.

US + NATO + Iraq + Syrian rebels and Kurds
Russia + Iran + Syrian government
ISIS

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My E3 2018 wishlist/guess:
  • Smash Bros Switch
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remake
  • New F-Zero
  • Metroid Prime 4 showing gameplay and final title
  • Mother 3
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 on Switch (If this is real)
  • Kirby 2018
  • Yoshi 2018
  • More AAA 3rd party titles.
I'm expecting Kirby and maybe Yoshi to release in the first half of 2018 personally. Maybe Smash as well. I don't think the first Pokemon games we'd get on Switch would be remakes, they could make a lot more with a new gen. Also it'd be weird timing. 4th gen remakes will come afterwards. I agree we'll get more AAA 3rd parties, but only in comparison to this year. We still won't get many. Agreed about Metroid Prime 4 and BG&E2. F-Zero ain't happening. And as for Mother 3, I think it will release on VC, but as to when that happens... who tf knows.

Also I'd throw in Pikmin 4 (if it hasn't been revealed by then), FE Switch (same same), Animal Crossing, and Retro's game.

An interesting note.

Between the current poll and the last poll, the number of people planning to buy ARMS dropped by roughly twenty percentage points. Granted, less people have voted on this one, but still.
If it makes you feel better my vote is the same as last time.

Wasn't planning to get it then, not planning to get it now. :p

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Was I the only one who realized that the game with the dinosaur in the spotlight was Mario Odyssey before the hat was shown?

Since the spotlight was confirmed to be 25 minutes I figured it had to be Mario, because the spotlight was almost over.

Now at first I thought, "but wait, a realistic looking T-Rex in a Mario game? That doesn't make any sense". But then I remembered that the game featured realistic looking humans, and figured the idea of it featuring realistic looking dinosaurs wasn't too farfetched.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So we can expect Pauline to show up in Kart and other such spinoffs now, right?
I mean they need female characters for them, so I don't see why not.

Then again everyone seems to be taking to that ugly Broodal thing they showed him fighting a lot too.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Along with Baby Pauline, Metal Pauline, and Cappy Possessed Pauline along with Cappy Possessed T-Rex, Cappy Possessed Hammer Bro, Cappy Possessed Goomba, Cappy Possessed Random Citizen (Male and Female), and Cappy Possessed Sun-Glasses-Wearing Stone Effigy.

Also Sombrero Mario, Safari Mario, and Tuxedo Mario and Bowser, and of course Wedding Dress Peach.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Daisy can become a mainstay in sports games after appearing in just one, portable, Mario platformer game then I see no reason that Pauline couldn't do the same. Same with Rosalina, she was only REALLY important in one Mario game, Galaxy 1. Now she's all over the damn place. Not that I'm complaining. The more strong, reoccurring female characters the better.

Edit: Pauline is a little more than a one off character though with her importance in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pauline is the original first lady of Nintendo.

I don't see why she shouldn't be honored by being place in other games/spin-offs.

Hell, I'd even laugh/love it if she were in Smash Brothers as a WTF retro rep to represent the original Donkey Kong in ways that DK and Mario themselves don't.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Pauline is the original first lady of Nintendo.

I don't see why she shouldn't be honored by being place in other games/spin-offs.

Hell, I'd even laugh/love it if she were in Smash Brothers as a WTF retro rep to represent the original Donkey Kong in ways that DK and Mario themselves don't.
I can imagine the rage from DK fans if we got her in Smash before a 3rd DKC character.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
NoE has weighed in on ARMS. Ribbon Girl's theme is best theme here obv.

The only thing I have to say to this is OOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOoooh, Okay.

I really do like ARMS' music though. I was never expecting that sort of music style from that kind of game when I first saw it.

I don't exactly understand the context of the third picture, but it's still pretty funny.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I was able to put a pre-order down on another amiibo I wanted that's releasing not too far from now...:4cloud:
In my area, they only had preorders for :4cloud2:while I wanted :4cloud:.
I still got it though, because I'm okay with AC Cloud.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
They have been fighting them for a while now.

It's a three sided war in Syria.

US + NATO + Iraq + Syrian rebels and Kurds
Russia + Iran + Syrian government
ISIS
Won't pretend to know a whole lot about this, but I'm pretty sure that ISIS just wants to see the world burn. They need to be destroyed, I think...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Took me about three Stamina Potions worth of attempts, but I barely managed to overcome Legion's Great Hero Battle in Infernal mode in FE Heroes. RIP Laslow, your sacrifice for Axebreaker will not be forgotten.

My team was Cecilia (with Blue Tomebreaker) to get rid of the blue mages and archer, Olwen to deal with reds, Roy with Axebreaker for Legion, and Olivia doing what Olivia does best. I think the defensive tiles are a trap; you're better off avoiding them. Other than that, it depends a lot on what units you have, both to actually use, and to inherit skills from. And I'm not sure I'd be able to replicate what I did again, either. I wish Infernal had given a 5* as a reward, or at least more feathers (2,000 feels a bit stingy for how difficult the map is).

Between this and the Tempest Trials, I have a newfound appreciation for our boy. He still sucks in FE6, though.

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
Pauline was one of my wanted newcomers who I never actually expected to join, because every time I brought it up someone would say she wasn't relevant enough. Glad that her appearance in SMO is changing people's views.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If Daisy can become a mainstay in sports games after appearing in just one, portable, Mario platformer game then I see no reason that Pauline couldn't do the same. Same with Rosalina, she was only REALLY important in one Mario game, Galaxy 1. Now she's all over the damn place. Not that I'm complaining. The more strong, reoccurring female characters the better.

Edit: Pauline is a little more than a one off character though with her importance in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games.
Rosalina is important in every Mario game, even the ones she isn't in. :V

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looking back on it, Devolver's E3 thing was funnier the 2nd time around. Probably because I wasn't as tired.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure if I showed anyone in this thread, but now we've got a dumb Mega Man "hoverboard". Or as I like to call them, Handle-less Scooters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe. Depends on how popular she gets from this new title. I'm still hoping for E.Gadd to show up one day. Anything would be better than yet another variation of Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom