• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I spend a moment trying to think how anyone could even think Mei is fat, and then I realize people are idiots.

I know what fat people look like. Mei is. . .not. Not at all.
Blizzard prove that they are wrong when they show her Luna/Chang'e skin, which by they way is still my favorite Mei skin. It's red, Chinese (duh), and gorgeous in that skin.

Some add thought on a post I replied before:
So... Nintendo won E3!

So many great things to talk about:

• Xenoblade looks good, but the new trailer didn't bring me more hype than the first one.
  • Kirby looks great, it's like a fusion of crystal shard, return to dreamland and superstar. Really hyped.
  • Pokemon RPG on Switch! YES!
  • Metroid Prime 4 and Samus return are a hype factory.
  • Yoshi looks fun, if it's anything like Wooly World.
  • Fire emblem looks cool, sad there was no Ike when they talked about friends.
  • Zelda DLC looks fun, but I still haven't played the main game so nothing I can't wait for.
  • Mario Odyssey is just wow: first a T-Rex, than a possession mechanic to become said T-Rex? And here I was thinking the hype for this game couldn't go higher.
  • Also Sonic force villain was just taken of My little witch academia. All those flying cubes.
This video show perfectbly how this presentation felt to me. (Nintendo being All-might and the student gamers all around the world)
Overall, great E3 for nintendo.
You can also literally say, this BHA ost plays in the entire E3 booth when Nintendo presentation starts:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Only 361 days until the next E3. :D
My E3 2018 wishlist/guess:
  • Smash Bros Switch
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remake
  • New F-Zero
  • Metroid Prime 4 showing gameplay and final title
  • Mother 3
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 on Switch (If this is real)
  • Kirby 2018
  • Yoshi 2018
  • More AAA 3rd party titles.
but shes not even chubby,
shes thin, isnt she? Under that big coat?
She's not thin... D.Va and Tracer is.
This may sound weird, but Mei really looks like my mom when she's in her 30s, she even used to wear glasses similar to what Mei wears.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I guess slim? Or better yet the more I look at that costume, the more I wanna say she has a nice propotioned hourglass figure. And yet people dont like that Chang'e costume, I love its look tbh and I dont even play overwatch

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Mei is not fat. But she certainly isn't Widow, D.Va or Tracer-levels of skinny. You have 2 Sprays that show off her look without her coat.

Than you have the fact that some of her quotes refer to herself being overdressed for some areas. Basically, Mei is not fat. It's just a running gag that she's very overdressed that she looks big.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Personal victory moment.

I've had a lot of misadventures. Lot of those were tied into employment, and my income's been spotty since 2011.

As a result, I racked up a pretty substantial debt on my credit card. It was in the low thousands before I first joined Smashboards, and by July of 2013 it capped at its $10,000 credit limit. For the next three years, it remained there.

But as of relatively recently, I've stabilized. Starting in April 2016, I was finally in a position where I could begin to pay off my credit card balance. Throwing roughly half my monthly income at it, I wore it away.

There's been a lot of ups and downs, but this morning I paid the remaining balance and completed my task.

The beast is slain.

I am beholden to no man.

View attachment 130823
Eat literally every ****, credit card.
Congratulations!

That has to be a huge load of your back.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My E3 2018 wishlist/guess:
  • Smash Bros Switch
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remake
  • New F-Zero
  • Metroid Prime 4 showing gameplay and final title
  • Mother 3
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 on Switch (If this is real)
  • Kirby 2018
  • Yoshi 2018
  • More AAA 3rd party titles.

This may sound weird, but Mei really looks like my mom when she's in her 30s, she even used to wear glasses similar to what Mei wears.
Doing my own take because speculation is fun. . .

I figure a new gen will probably happen first and then DPP remakes will be the game after. It's roughly what happened every other time give or take a Platinum, and I can picture them wanting to start off with something fresh to cement that yes, Pokemon is here for sure.

Of course, I'm actually fine with that because that means they'll have practice for when they make the remakes. As I've said before, I want my ultimate nostalgia game to have the best possible treatment rather than simply being thrown out there.

Now, what else is announced will depend on a mix of demand and Nintendo's creativity. Smash and Animal Crossing will almost certainly get a namedrop at minimum and probably much more, and I'm expecting 2-3 new IPs to pop up as well, either already announced by then and simply elaborated upon or freshly revealed.

If we already know about Kirby and Yoshi, on the other hand, one or both may actually be out by then. They already have pretty good looking footage, so being out in less than a year seems entirely possible.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mei is not fat. But she certainly isn't Widow, D.Va or Tracer-levels of skinny. You have 2 Sprays that show off her look without her coat.

Than you have the fact that some of her quotes refer to herself being overdressed for some areas. Basically, Mei is not fat. It's just a running gag that she's very overdressed that she looks big.
Do you think Mei ever passes out from overheating under all thos layers?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Started playing Gravity Rush 2 today. The controls feel a lot smoother than the original game and the demo.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Doing my own take because speculation is fun. . .

I figure a new gen will probably happen first and then DPP remakes will be the game after. It's roughly what happened every other time give or take a Platinum, and I can picture them wanting to start off with something fresh to cement that yes, Pokemon is here for sure.

Of course, I'm actually fine with that because that means they'll have practice for when they make the remakes. As I've said before, I want my ultimate nostalgia game to have the best possible treatment rather than simply being thrown out there.

Now, what else is announced will depend on a mix of demand and Nintendo's creativity. Smash and Animal Crossing will almost certainly get a namedrop at minimum and probably much more, and I'm expecting 2-3 new IPs to pop up as well, either already announced by then and simply elaborated upon or freshly revealed.

If we already know about Kirby and Yoshi, on the other hand, one or both may actually be out by then. They already have pretty good looking footage, so being out in less than a year seems entirely possible.
They say Pokemon on Switch is not coming that soon, so I guess it's remake first then new game.
Animal Crossing might be mentioned or announced in Directs...
Do you think Mei ever passes out from overheating under all thos layers?
In Numbani, Temple of Anubis, Oasis, maybe? These are the stages I don't play well with Mei... nah just joking.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And I also noticed how whenver there is unfortanate Layton news, this picture is always used

This is like the Oh No of Layton pictures
It's hard to see Layton eye's doing this :mad:
My thoughts after this video:
I have to say this was a pretty good edit.
Hm... If Guilty Crown didn't exist, I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could go with this route... or suppose Xenosaga gets a spiritual successor...
Guilty Crown's ost composer was also by Hiroyuki Sawano by the way.
http://puffpastrie02.tumblr.com/post/161864920489/im-excited
This is cute. By the way that tiger is a blade.
http://shiro-hunter.tumblr.com/post/155841125487/but-are-we-not-going-to-talk-about-xc2
This is cool, his nose looks odd though.
http://shiro-hunter.tumblr.com/post/155841125487/but-are-we-not-going-to-talk-about-xc2
This is hilarious

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
All the Mei talk.
avi_presenting_mei.png

...sorry, sorry. Where were we?

Congratulations!

That has to be a huge load of your back.
It is.

Honestly just to have the potential for forward progress is amazing.

You might want to spoiler some of that.

Pics are kinda big.

Dig em though.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Personal victory moment.

I've had a lot of misadventures. Lot of those were tied into employment, and my income's been spotty since 2011.

As a result, I racked up a pretty substantial debt on my credit card. It was in the low thousands before I first joined Smashboards, and by July of 2013 it capped at its $10,000 credit limit. For the next three years, it remained there.

But as of relatively recently, I've stabilized. Starting in April 2016, I was finally in a position where I could begin to pay off my credit card balance. Throwing roughly half my monthly income at it, I wore it away.

There's been a lot of ups and downs, but this morning I paid the remaining balance and completed my task.

The beast is slain.

I am beholden to no man.

View attachment 130823
I'm so glad to hear that. :)

Here's hoping your future is brighter than those days.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm so glad to hear that. :)

Here's hoping your future is brighter than those days.
I'll toast that.
avi_presenting_SP_drink.png

Look, it was this or the tears mug.

I just randomly put this up because of an old comment...sorry... not really a thing worth talking about now... I guess.

Ok, sorry about that
But I prefer quoting them for now.
Hey, no apologies.

Any excuse for Mei is a good excuse for Mei.
avi_thirsty.png

And yeah, quotes work too; I'm just used to spoilers.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
An interesting note.

Between the current poll and the last poll, the number of people planning to buy ARMS dropped by roughly twenty percentage points. Granted, less people have voted on this one, but still.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Is that a bottle of saltwater, Red? Are you secretly planning something by drinking that? :p
No, no.

That's an SP drink. Tastes kind of timey-wimey with notes of bad financial decisions.

Now if you see this -
avi_presenting_bigtearsmug.png

-
I'm plotting something.

D

Deleted member

An interesting note.

Between the current poll and the last poll, the number of people planning to buy ARMS dropped by roughly twenty percentage points. Granted, less people have voted on this one, but still.
Percentages can be misleading, it's better to compare the number of people who actually voted for it

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade 2 is aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release.
An awesome but also not that surprised news.
Hope this means it comes with multi language choice on both menu and audio.

And if they really put Silvagunner's fake Xenoblade 2 mashup, I ain't mad at all.

Last edited:

Chrono.

An awesome but also not that surprised news.
Hope this means it comes with multi language choice on both menu and audio.

And if they really put Silvagunner's fake Xenoblade 2 mashup, I ain't mad at all.
Xenoblade 1 had dual audio apparently.

This is news to me, actually. I hope they retain it because I'm not impressed with the ENG voices right now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
NoE has weighed in on ARMS. Ribbon Girl's theme is best theme here obv.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Episode Prompto looks pretty cool. They made gun combat look fun (which in the base game with Noctis, it's super boring)

Chrono.

Episode Prompto looks pretty cool. They made gun combat look fun (which in the base game with Noctis, it's super boring)
Nice Dirge of Cerebus sequel.

No but it does look fun. I'm curious as to how Ignis will play like.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Nice Dirge of Cerebus sequel.

No but it does look fun. I'm curious as to how Ignis will play like.
Daggers and Polearms will def be his main weapons, but how will they expand on it? I don't really think he does much different from Noctis with them, but then again neither did Gladio, and they made him unique (I think, don't have the season pass so haven't played the DLC yet).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Personal victory moment.

The beast is slain.

I am beholden to no man.

View attachment 130823
Did you here this when you were done?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade 1 had dual audio apparently.

This is news to me, actually. I hope they retain it because I'm not impressed with the ENG voices right now.
New 3DS or Wii? I don't remember New 3DS port have that...
ENG audio I can live with it, but Japanese is totally better.
NoE has weighed in on ARMS. Ribbon Girl's theme is best theme here obv.

I prefer Minmin... that Chinese tone is just awesome.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

It sounds like you have a deficit of toastable drinks in your household.
Oh no, there's plenty to drink around here. Although I'll always take more, and thank ye kindly.

There's simply a dearth of toastable drinkware.

avi_pirate_wholesomebeverage.png

Don't toast with the barrel, they said.

It's bad form, they said.

You broke Barry's arm, they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom