• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Says something that with how many people have voted in the poll so far, almost everyone wants Super Mario Odyssey.

Meanwhile, here's a theory I came up with earlier today:

That would make sense.

I mentioned earlier that I would like to see Tropical Freeze ported to the Switch. But if we got a new DKC that's just as good if not better then Tropical Freeze instead, then I would gladly take it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Y'know 4/10 is pretty low for Double Dash. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the game either. The controls feel incredibly slippery to me and the drifting just feels wrong. The service player is only distracting and nothing else. It works almost exactly like the other 3 with the item dragging mechanic.

I've seen a lot of people say that Double Dash it's the best Mario Kart game ever, particularly from GameXplain, and it may have been at the time but the game hasn't aged well. Not even blind nostalgia can fix that. I'm a HUGE fan of 64 as it was my first but even I can admit that the game has aged terribly.

So while I don't agree with the score. I do agree on most of what you said.
There are two kinds of people when it comes to Double Dash: those who are so enthralled by having two people per car that they can overlook everything else about it, and those who think it doesn't make up for how off everything else about the game feels.

Shout out to cramming a bunch of different, complicated attributes into just three stats. Want to use a lightweight with quick acceleration? Hope you don't mind having next to no control over your drifts!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are two kinds of people when it comes to Double Dash: those who are so enthralled by having two people per car that they can overlook everything else about it, and those who think it doesn't make up for how off everything else about the game feels.

Shout out to cramming a bunch of different, complicated attributes into just three stats. Want to use a lightweight with quick acceleration? Hope you don't mind having next to no control over your drifts!
So, do heavy characters have good controls during drifts? Because I rarely if ever feel like playing a light character

Rather have the raw speed

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Then Super Circuit brought more skillful tactics into play, and though it had been shrunk down for a portable, it was every bit as fulfilling as the titles that preceded it.
Finally, somebody else who liked Super Circuit!

I feel like Super Circuit is the most overlooked of all the Mario Karts. It was my first Mario Kart, and one of the games I spent the most time on when I was a kid.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought Double Dash was at least an 7.5/10.

It's still pretty dang cool to me at least.

D

Deleted member

I'm getting Mario Odyssey, Kirby, Pokken (after I sell my copy of the Wii U version), Xenoblade 2, both Metroid games, Arms and of course Pokemon.
Still not sure about Splat2 and Yoshi.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those Yarn games are boring to me and way too easy

So, despite me liking the style, I just can't get into them

I don't think I'm going to get "Yoshi"

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
You'd think with all that extra detail, they'd make characters even more expressive.
another bad one

I dunno.

Other parts of the game look super charming.
Characters sprites might look better, but expressions and enemy sprites all look worse and be reduced to the minimalist stuff RPG mario games have been doing for a while

Boomerang bro lost all charm

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Double Dash is a solid 9/10 for me, I had a ****ton of fun playing it to the point I blew an eye vessel for playing 14 hours.

Also, Cars 3 reviews are coming in:
-63% on Rotten Tomatoes
-Not as good as the first but way better than the second
-Old school racing
-A love letter to Middle America with road trips and Route 66 appearing
-Honey Nut Feelios
-Made to appeal NASCAR fans

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Says something that with how many people have voted in the poll so far, almost everyone wants Super Mario Odyssey.

Meanwhile, here's a theory I came up with earlier today:

Honestly, I like this theory and I really do hope it'll be another DKC game with K. Rool as the main antagonist. I have to wonder, however... is it all possible that what Retro is making would be a brand new IP, if at all?

Again, I'd favor if it were a DKC game (after that, I wouldn't mind them jumping into brand new IP's), but I suppose I'm curious to see what you and others think. At the moment, all we know is that this project began pretty much right after Tropical Freeze was completed and that it was rumored that the idea was pitched to Nintendo before being officially approved by them. :o

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The End of Bingogelion
Got plenty of chances of getting a bingo line despite of the size.
21/49 is also pretty nice.
The shocker here is no Crashboards.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Another Pyra fanart to share, sometimes I really hope to see other character's fanart like Rex, Tora, or Nia.

Hey eyes is slightly giving me the creeps.
However, whenever I saw Pyra fanart with exaggerated busts or bottoms...
No, we must go DEEPER.
8ac.gif

The Internet cannot be stop you FOOOOOOOOLISH Samuser! Everything need to be THICC.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No t that I don't like those fanservice, but that way it's impossible for me to post it here...
Jokes on you, I have find a fanart that I can't post. But really put the "Buster" part to Pyra. And it's not what you may think.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
if retro is making DKCR3 id like it if there was 9 normal worlds and the token post game super world

the first the worlds would have enemeis from DKCR tikis and all second set of world would focus on the snomads and the final set brign back the kremlings

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Jokes on you, I have find a fanart that I can't post. But really put the "Buster" part to Pyra. And it's not what you may think.
BTW here's the dialogue for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 E3 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU
Rex: Story goes when the world was young, everyone and our rest lived on the world tree. Together with our divine father, the Architect. They call that paradise, Elysium.
Rex: (To Pyra) You're a... blade?
Pyra: As the driver of the Egis, can you...take me to Elysium? (Pyra's core pumping like heart beat)
Rex: I'm in. (Me: O_o?!) Let's go to Elysium. I'll take you there myself!
(Rex shocked after touching Pyra's core)
Rex: Pyra!
Pyra: Here!
Rex: Cover me!
Pyra: Got it!
(Rex and Pyra encounters a "Military uniform girl", she damages Rex's left arm and leave Pyra's core an X mark, which means she will get damage if Rex got hurt, if Rex dies so does she)
Rex: We'll show ya. We'll show ya what me and Pyra are made of.
(Unleashes the not-Monado power)
TAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
??? No 1 (I guess it's that white hair dude with a mask): Now that you come this far, there can be no turning back.
??? No 2 (That old dude fighting against Rex): You...and that sword...CAN'T BE!!!!! I'm guessing your goal...is Elysium.
(Pyra falling, So was Rex I think.)
Pyra: REX!!!
Rex: PYRA!!!
??? No 3 (A female we do not know yet. I'm guessing it's Hikari): This blade he calls Pyra, have flames hide something deeper...
(Saw some creatures like Telethias and then Pyra protecting Rex from a big dude's attack who also has a blade with huge wings)
??? No 4 (Another man's voice I don't know): What's the matter? Are you Egis or ???( Didn't hear that name right...)
Possibly Pyra: I WON'T USE THAT POWER! AND I WON'T LET YOU USE IT EITHER!
??? No 1: If you know what you desired...you'll have to show it, not with your words BUT WITH YOUR OWN STRENGTH!
(Rex and his crew)
Rex: Everyone, LET'S GO!<< Shulk said this a lot in battle
Here it is for anyone who wants to analyze the trailer.
Edit: Done, but there could be some error.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
BTW here's the dialogue for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 E3 trailer:

Edit: Not finished, I accidentally press the post reply key...
Don't worry bro, everyone made error. I can say for sure...>_>

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
She has the strongest Monado Buster.

I reaaaaaly hope XC2 is a sequel; not only because I wanna see the old squad referenced but also because I know it is possible to link both stories.

Specially the Architect part.
It would hilariously ironic if people once again recreated the world and Shulk ended revered as an ancient God despite he wished a world with no need of gods by dumping the Monado III along with Zanza's and Meyneth's.

Chrono.

That's interesting. Seems like they want this roster to stand out from other DBZ games.

I'm assuming this means we won't see multiple Gokus, Vegetas or Gohans (or at least not as much, because I totally expect at least Ultimate Gohan and SSG Goku to be their own slots)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's good from what I see but...what is the point with my post?:132:
I don't know, to show how dumb I was? (Just joking)
Check out the dialogue and feel free to correct it or give out some theories or thoughts :)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That's interesting. Seems like they want this roster to stand out from other DBZ games.

I'm assuming this means we won't see multiple Gokus, Vegetas or Gohans (or at least not as much, because I totally expect at least Ultimate Gohan and SSG Goku to be their own slots)
you know what the game REALLY needs?
THE GREAT SAIYAMAAAAAN!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She has the strongest Monado Buster.

I reaaaaaly hope XC2 is a sequel; not only because I wanna see the old squad referenced but also because I know it is possible to link both stories.

Specially the Architect part.
It would hilariously ironic if people once again recreated the world and Shulk ended revered as an ancient God despite he wished a world with no need of gods by dumping the Monado III along with Zanza's and Meyneth's.
I actually had posts this a while ago lol.
Now this is straight up hilarious and safe.

And this fanart might be censor dodging( Why wouldn't you just wear longer pants Pyra......) it's really up to Smashboards mod. If it gets remove I might just leave a Twitter link. I found this probably the best Pyra fanart I've seen so far.
I am fine if this is the official art. Hell, I actually hope this is an official art.
According Takahashi, XC2 is more than a sequel.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know, to show how dumb I was? (Just joking)
Check out the dialogue and feel free to correct it or give out some theories or thoughts :)
Well, while I do know some stuff about Xenoblade. I don't think I know enough to make theory. Plus, theory aren't my thing soooo sorry dude. (Heck, I haven't played the game in a long time and I am not that far into it. Which is sad since I really like it)

But I will say that, whatever happen in X2, they better reference the end of X1 and make the character likeable. Becaue while Pyra is THICC, she better be a good character if she don't want to become a base-breaking character.

And lastly, I hope the dub will be better, because for now, it's just narmy as ****.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, while I do know some stuff about Xenoblade. I don't think I know enough to make theory. Plus, theory aren't my thing soooo sorry dude. (Heck, I haven't played the game in a long time and I am not that far into it. Which is sad since I really like it)

But I will say that, whatever happen in X2, they better reference the end of X1 and make the character likeable. Becaue while Pyra is THICC, she better be a good character if she don't want to become a base-breaking character.

And lastly, I hope the dub will be better, because for now, it's just narmy as ****.
XC1 had its dose of kek voice acting, but that is what makes it memorable in some way.
I was annoyed at Rex's voice, but then I heard the "WHATS TEH METTAH?" dude and I was like: :denzel:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
XC1 had its dose of kek voice acting, but that is what makes it memorable in some way.
I was annoyed at Rex's voice, but then I hear the "WHATS TEH METTAH?" dude and I was like: :denzel:
Eh, for me, XC1 dub was maybe a little goofy at time. But it was still pretty good and I didn't feel like the voice were out of character or just didn't care. In XC2 however, god, Rex voice, like, I hope he git gud when the game is released or else, I may change the voice to Japanese if the quality of the voice are like him. (Not helping the fact that he seem really generic when it come to design and character. I get what they were trying to do with him. But so far, I am not sold on it) The other voice are fine for the most part, but I can't really remember them so I hope they put more effort into it. (Tough, Pyra voice was good from what I remember? If yes, then she is really going to be the reason why peoples will buy this game:denzel:)

D

Deleted member

About that poll, I have to say something important:

To buy Samus Returns en masse will be a civic duty.

Let's not make another long and painful drought to happen again.

Seriously, it's important people.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So, I'm learning right now that some people didn't like Mario Kart Double Dash, Kirby's Epic Yarn OR (and this one makes no sense to me at all) Yoshi's Woolly World.

I love all three of those games to death.

The sprite differences in Superstar Saga are kinda disappointing. I mean, some of them make sense as those characters designs have changed since 2003 (upright Koopa, Boomerang Bro), but some are a little annoying like Tanoomba.

Oh well. There are waaaaay more enemies in that game, and most unique to the Beanbean Kingdom, so we should be okay.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Nintendo should reboot The Mysterious Murasame Castle and have it play similarly to Nioh.

I think that could be a hit for Nintendo.

Though a name change might be needed. "The Mysterious Murasame Castle" doesn't quite roll off the tounge.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've played about 30 mins of ARMS so far as it's out in Australia and have already rage quit lol.

Even on level 3 of 7 I suck haha.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, I'm learning right now that some people didn't like Mario Kart Double Dash, Kirby's Epic Yarn OR (and this one makes no sense to me at all) Yoshi's Woolly World.
How shocking, people have opinions and different experiences with games.

I mean I'm not into Double Dash either. The two characters gimmick is cute, but it barely added anything to actual game play and the driving controls were way too slippery.

Yoshi's Wooly World is fantastic but I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nintendo should reboot The Mysterious Murasame Castle and have it play similarly to Nioh.

I think that could be a hit for Nintendo.

Though a name change might be needed. "The Mysterious Murasame Castle" doesn't quite roll off the tounge.
Better idea. Have it play like Metal Gear Rising

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wasn't there a rumor that the game Retro is working is neither Metroid nor Donkey Kong?
Pretty sure that rumor was somebody digging up an old interview everybody keeps forgetting exists and passing the implied info off as a rumor, actually.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/wii-u-is-a-powerhouse-says-donkey-kong-country-developer

It's not a guarantee, but the wording is. . .fishy. It seems like it's more likely than not they're trying something new this go-around assuming it didn't get canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom