• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I could see it being a 2018 release with more content than Mario Kart got, Pokken got a lot new content in it's port, but it's really only because well those characters had never been released state side and were only in Arcades.

I don't know if it'll add as many new fighters as Pokken DX does though.
Smash 4 added more characters than that as DLC in a timeframe comparable if not smaller than the one we have now between when it likely started being worked on and next E3. They're at least capable of pumping out more.

For that matter, didn't Pokken DX add multiple new modes on top of the characters? Like, two player splitscreen and a 3v3 mode or something?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Smash 4 added more characters than that as DLC in a timeframe comparable if not smaller than the one we have now between when it likely started being worked on and next E3. They're at least capable of pumping out more.

For that matter, didn't Pokken DX add multiple new modes on top of the characters? Like, two player splitscreen and a 3v3 mode or something?
Correct. They also added a new Support set in Litten and Popplio.

And I'm sure that there will be more.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, yes they definitely add 3vs3, because I'm excited as hell about that.
Pokken was more lucky than Soul Calibur 5 in that regard. Many asked for Team Battle to come back to 5, yet because of Namco deciding it would be a good idea to shift the release date ahead of it's original release date(June/July 2012 to January 2012), that certainly didn't happen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ninty & Ubi are sure making a big deal about Mario having a gun.

Except he has used them for over a decade thanks to Super Smash Bros. & Mario Party.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If they are putting more work into the port than that kills the original rumor that it'd have 2-3 new characters with other limited new content (new Mii Costumes and 3DS stages ported over was what I heard in particular).

Based on data mining from 1.1.6 I did, the game was probably being ported slightly before the Bayonetta Patch. The fact that it was a no show at E3, the time when every Smash has been unveiled up until now, means we might have another year before it surfaces. If that's the case I'd expect a lot more content.
Pokken is only getting one true newcomer, 2 new assists and a 3v3 mode. That's not very expansive. I guess they thought the 4 arcade characters were enough; if that's the case maybe Nintendo thinks getting content from both versions of Smash along with all the DLC and a few new characters is enough?

Though I'd imagine if they're making a port they would want to add all of the 3DS content they possibly can.

This is the first instance of a Smash port, so it not showing up at E3 wouldn't be that surprising.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bandai Namco is helping Nintendo a lot in this day and age.

Good for them to be such a partner.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gotta say, given they showing at E3, I'd be more comfortable with a brand new Smash now than before as it's more than Just Zelda, Fire Emblem and Mario (and Pikmin I guess) with new releases on the horizon. Now we have Kirby, Yoshi and biggest of all, Metroid coming. Add Star Fox Zero on to that and that's the original 8 series all getting/gotten new games since Smash 4's release, bar Donkey Kong (unless we count Mario vs)

D

Deleted member

Is the PS4 region locked?
Also, are there any known differences between Fate/Extella's PS4 and Switch versions?

MainJPW

M.T.A
I got a feeling people are liking this game.
Look at all those nominations, this game is easily going to be the best DB fighter to date. I expect this game to sell more than what they're expecting, this game is even getting people who don't even like DB or fighters interested. That's hype.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Saw the trailer for the upcoming new Xbox avatars. And I have to say this is waaaaaaay better than what we got now (not only the old ones feel soulless but they REALLY creep me out).

I just hope Microsoft doesn't get too greedy with accessories.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So, a Nintendo Treehouse tumblr post says that Salmon Run online is an event based thing, like Splatfests. It's only open to play at certain times. Oh no...

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I bet if I was in a Dangan Rompa situation and the only way to get out of a school Im trapped in is to kill, I would kill so many people
The issue I would have with the scenario is that we'd have no guarantee that killing really does save you since you're taking the word of a robot bear that is kidnapping you for seemingly pure pleasure, and that's assuming you can do it and avoid being declared guilty. I'd just bide time by keeping people from desperation making the easier assumption that this absurd scenario is known in the outside world and they will prevail.

At least, that's what I think I'd do, sitting here in my computer chair. :laugh:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The issue I would have with the scenario is that we'd have no guarantee that killing really does save you since you're taking the word of a robot bear that is kidnapping you for seemingly pure pleasure, and that's assuming you can do it and avoid being declared guilty. I'd just bide time by keeping people from desperation making the easier assumption that this absurd scenario is known in the outside world and they will prevail.

At least, that's what I think I'd do, sitting here in my computer chair. :laugh:
You saw how well biding time worked in the other games. Someone is bound to break down and commit a murder :139:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Looks like another Earthbound (Beginnings) prototype has been found. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would be the 2nd prototype found in the past 20 years.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If Piccolo, Beerus, and Kuririn are in I will dedicate my life to this game.
I feel like there's a really good chance that they will be in. All three of them were in Arc System Works' 3DS Dragon Ball Z game, Extreme Butoden, which shares a lot of animations with this one.

For reference, they should probably look something like this:
Krillin
Piccolo
Beerus

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh, that's good to know.

Technically, 3DS isn't from this generation

You don't count the 3DS as part of the eighth gen of consoles?

I mean, unless you're saying it's the ninth gen now but I don't think the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X would really count as a new generation. Switch maybe but people debated whether the Wii U was seventh or eigth gen.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If Piccolo, Beerus, and Kuririn are in, I will dedicate my life to this game.
No way they won't be. Those three along with Future Trunks are must haves for a DBZ fighting game. I do fear for Videl's chances though. Being one of the few female fighters I see her being included, but then there's the Super characters that I'm assuming may have priority.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Loved the new Pokemon Sun and Moon episode.

Y'all don't like how Lillie is afraid of Pokemon in the anime? Well, check out what happened today:

Yep, your eyes do not deceive. This actually happened at the very end of the episode.

Remember when Lillie was afraid of all Pokemon? Then, she started to show development by growing out of her fear in gradual steps. First, she managed to hold a Pokemon egg. Then, the egg hatched into her Alola Vulpix (named Shiron), and when that happened, she finally managed to hold a Pokemon of her own AND fight as a Pokemon trainer. She could only hold Shiron though, and she was still afraid of getting close to other Pokemon...

But when Lillie had to take care of Ash's Pikachu for the night as a homework assignment, she was hesitant and struggled to approach it at first, but commanding Pikachu in a Pokemon battle against her butler's Oricori and putting her heart and soul into making Pikachu prevail ultimately forged a strong bond between Lillie and Pikachu, and then they hug, just like you see in the gif.

Lillie is demonstrating character development by growing out of her fear bit by bit, and I love that. I believe her character development in the anime will be just as good as it was in the games. Heck, one major part about Lillie that makes her different from what we see of Lillie in the games is that anime!Lillie already has various scenes where she fights like a Pokemon Trainer. By the end of the series, I bet she'll have a full team of her own!

As for the other bits to the episode, even Shiron developed as a character. It went from a Pokemon that didn't want to do anything unless Lillie was around to doing the opposite. Togedemaru at first ruined Mallow's business, but then it turned out to be the perfect cleaner with its excessive rolling combined with cleaning materials. Popplio managed to stop a fight between two Tauruses using its Bubble, Turtonator got its back cleaned by Lana and her sisters, and Steenee managed to put Sophocles to sleep without the use of night light.

Seriously, go watch this episode if you haven't already. Lillie's character development was awesome!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
ARMS 2MOROW!!!

I'm actually thinking of trading in my Mario Maker copy to save a bit of money...although Mario Maker is an amazing game for what it is, I've barely touched the game since getting it, I made like 3 courses only one I've put a decent amount of time into, while I've played through the online singleplayer only a couple times overall...

I would consider rebuying it if a DX version came for the Switch since fiddling around with courses could be a decent thing to do when I've got some downtime at work and I don't have any games currently to play...

Either way, gonna grab Arms then start my little Metroid fund! I'll need about $116 total for the Special Edition and amiibo...still gotta get that Zelda DLC though...

Man, I'm too damn poor to be a Nintendo fan right now...

D

Deleted member

Me: "Killing Jedah in the swamp map is impossible!"
Ghast: "Hold my beer, I'm gonna 1 turn this *****"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Finally got the quickened pulse seal in Heroes! \o/

Also, if nothing else, doing tempest runs has been great for my feather count.
I'm so jealous... It's becoming a huge drag, I'm even strangely just doing worse than I was a couple days ago when I was getting the hang of it. Worst of all it's getting in the way of me doing anything else. Haven't done a single Arena run just from fatigue. :urg: I'd like it if future Tempest Trials rewarded daily presence and skill over constant grinding.

The bright side, yeah, several units now maxed out with Hero Merit and probably tons of SP. Need to start preparing for future Trials, it's changed everything about what I perceive is useful. So many units I wish I hadn't sent home...

I spend way too much money on Fire Emblem Heroes.
Couple days ago before the waifu banner ended I was a bit down about a couple things and in my melancholy I took one last shot at getting Bridal Lyn because I want a good healer. Then I took another shot... Then another.

Got four extra Cordelia's before I got a single Lyn. ^^; Woops.

You saw how well biding time worked in the other games. Someone is bound to break down and commit a murder :139:
Then I'd get all Ultimate Detective on their ass. :drflip:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom