• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
They could possibly make Wii U ports digital only, like how some Wii games were digitally downloadable on Wii U.

Kid Icarus Uprising is another game I think deserves another shot at life on the Switch. Give it a more accessible control scheme, and a lot of new people may give it a go.
The fact that it will look absolutely beautiful will make people wanna try it alone. The controls will also prevent any bad reviews.

The digital thing kinda make sense but is far from ideal and the fact that virtual console doesnt exist yet kinda makes this seem like its not happening anytime soon.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They're closing out with the Sushi Striker theme.

Kinda hilarious considering yesterday's disappointment.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't wanna sound like a downer, but did they really have end it on the most unceremonious DLC fighter reveal ever, for a game that's releasing tomorrow no less?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't wanna sound like a downer, but did they really have end it on the most unceremonious DLC fighter reveal ever, for a game that's releasing tomorrow no less?
It's a better final announcement than them just ending on that Sushi game. But even then that Sushi game should've been revealed before and saved like Samus Returns for last as a final surprise.

Heck even the Superstar Saga would've been a better final game reveal than that Sushi thing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Max Brash is neat, but one more game announcement would be neat.

I'm sure in a month or two we could see a direct though with some more stuff setting up for the later half of the year.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They didn't show Hey Pikmin at all. That's very strange.
There'll be a Direct within the next two months. I'm sure of that. It might even be a full on 3DS Direct. There's a lot of stuff they just weren't able to show in the time allotted and, of course, most everyone's critical comments of Nintendo's E3 was the fact that, aside from Kirby and Yoshi (which aren't heavy hitters by any means) 2018 is looking pretty dry for the Switch. I doubt they want to show all their cards but a few more announcements for next year is possible. I'm fully expecting a Direct before the end of September at the latest.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, phooey! I just up from a nap and missed the ARMS reveal (time to watch the archive).

But Max Brass looks pretty cool and I had a feeling he wasn't going to be a NPC lock.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Did anybody else think of this?

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
New Super Mario Bros.

Metroid
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission
Metroid Samus Returns

Metroid Maker, anybody? ;)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
There'll be a Direct within the next two months. I'm sure of that. It might even be a full on 3DS Direct. There's a lot of stuff they just weren't able to show in the time allotted and, of course, most everyone's critical comments of Nintendo's E3 was the fact that, aside from Kirby and Yoshi (which aren't heavy hitters by any means) 2018 is looking pretty dry for the Switch. I doubt they want to show all their cards but a few more announcements for next year is possible. I'm fully expecting a Direct before the end of September at the latest.
But Hey! Pikmin is coming out next month. We won't see it in the next Direct.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's a better final announcement than them just ending on that Sushi game. But even then that Sushi game should've been revealed before and saved like Samus Returns for last as a final surprise.

Heck even the Superstar Saga would've been a better final game reveal than that Sushi thing.
I meant in the sense that they didn't even have a trailer for the character. They revealed him so unceremoniously, I don't think I've ever seen that happen for a fighting game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That last day was kind of a waste of their resources. Outside of Max Brass. We didn't really see anything new or special and half the gameplay was just what we'd seen in day 1 and 2.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's also odd they announced two new Pokemon games coming in November and didn't spend a single bit of the Treehouse talking about them.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So something I thought about asking regarding the Switch's portability:

If you could choose ANY 5 games from ANY previous non-handheld system for the Switch just for the sheer fact that you could play those games anywhere on the go, which 5 would you choose?
Metroid Prime Trilogy!

Also...
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
XCX
FFVII

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the bright side, I can finally do what I want again.

Last week for me has just been going to First Aid classes, and then coming home to watch E3 streams and such for hours. It's been exhausting. I have to study and practice for my exam next week, but E3 and the classes are basically over on the same day. :p

Chrono.

Max's impressions on MvCI so far.

TL;DW: He says the presentation is pretty bad, but the Story demo doesn't look as good as the show floor demo. Also says the roster right now is extremely bland (especially Marvel's side). The gameplay on the other hand, feels is the most fun Marvel has been in ages, seems like they went with the "make everyone and everything broken" approach which makes it really fun to play. Says Infinity Stones are ridiculously powerful which adds to the fun factor.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Max's impressions on MvCI so far.

TL;DW: He says the presentation is pretty bad, but the Story demo doesn't look as good as the show floor demo. Also says the roster right now is extremely bland (especially Marvel's side). The gameplay on the other hand, feels is the most fun Marvel has been in ages, seems like they went with the "make everyone and everything broken" approach which makes it really fun to play. Says Infinity Stones are ridiculously powerful which adds to the fun factor.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who really likes how the Infinity Stones were handled.

If they can make the game not look like raw butt cheeks, then things will be better.

Chrono.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who really likes how the Infinity Stones were handled.

If they can make the game not look like raw butt cheeks, then things will be better.
At this point we can only hope they pull an SNK and fix the visuals a little with a patch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gee, I wonder why the Marvel side of the roster feels bland.

Could it be...

Because outside of Carol and Black Panther there's no one new?

Or perhaps it's because you took out of some of their biggest characters because of a petty feud Disney has with Fox.

Could be.

Chrono.

Could it be...

Or perhaps it's because you took out of some of their biggest characters because of a petty feud Disney has with Fox.

Could be.
Gamora is new as well, actually.

And Panther is DLC lolRIP

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reggie is suffering on the inside from being bombarded by Mother 3 requests.

That paragraph seems really targeted at F-Zero fans judging by past interviews. Of course then I think of what IP I want and how utterly easy it would be to come up with vibrant new ideas and I suffer inside myself because I know it's going to get snubbed not because it doesn't have those ideas but because no one cares.

. . .But I mean, on the bright side, this confirms any port we get is gonna have new content. Wii U fans are gonna be horribly upset, but if I want to consider picking something up I'd rather have something new myself!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gamora is new as well, actually.

And Panther is DLC lolRIP
There's also Ultron.

But like this roster has no reflection IMO of either side's current state. There's no new big hit characters like Kamala Khan, Rashid, etc, etc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

If you could choose ANY 5 games from ANY previous non-handheld system for the Switch just for the sheer fact that you could play those games anywhere on the go, which 5 would you choose?
- Mega Man 9 and 10, it'd be nice if Legacy Collection 2 was on a Nintendo system. Physically, not just download.
- Tekken 3
- Metroid Prime 1
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Ultimate Spider-Man

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's also Ultron.

But like this roster has no reflection IMO of either side's current state. There's no new big hit characters like Kamala Khan, Rashid, etc, etc.
Hell, despite Guardians of the Galaxy's rise to prominence, Star-Lord got absolutely snubbed.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario TTYD
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Party 6
The Tales of Xillia Collection

These.

Chrono.

- Mega Man 9 and 10, it'd be nice if Legacy Collection 2 was on a Nintendo system.
- Tekken 3
- Metroid Prime 1
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Ultimate Spider-Man
The bittersweet thing about Budokai 3 for me.

The PS2's OST getting cut because of plagiarism issues. It was genuinely one of my favorite soundtracks of any fighting game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean it helped Gamora at least. It's not like she's a bad character. It's just weird to see her in before Star Lord.
Oh don't get me wrong, Gamora makes total sense. It's just like you said, getting her before Star-Lord is just weird.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Could it be...

Could be.
Marvel's side is bland to me outside of the few mainstays they DID keep. I can't get mad at Captain America, Iron Man and Hulk. I'm assuming Spider-Man is gonna be back in action too. The lack of X-Men and Doom really hinders it though. No one's really gonna miss Marrow, but who doesn't like Wolverine and Storm at least?

But most of the new characters I couldn't give half of a **** about personally. I mean Ultron is the only cool addition. And Black Panther, the ONE guy I was really looking forward to using is ****ing DLC.

I mean, they couldn't have used their Netflix characters on the roster? Re-used Iron Fist? Bring in Daredevil, Electra or Punisher?

The bittersweet thing about Budokai 3 for me.

The PS2's OST getting cut because of plagiarism issues. It was genuinely one of my favorite soundtracks of any fighting game.
True, though this time, I'd replace the music with Extreme Butoden's soundtrack. If you haven't heard it, the Kami's Lookout, Islands, Namek, Hyperbolic Time Chamber and Kai world themes are really, really good.

D

Deleted member

I mean it helped Gamora at least. It's not like she's a bad character. It's just weird to see her in before Star Lord.
Very likely that has to do with her connection to Thanos.

Characters were decided around the game's story, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom