• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pretty happy to see FE Warriors brought over the player switching mechanic from DQ Heroes.
I already knew FEW was gonna be better than Hyrule Warriors and this shows it.
well that and I enjoy Fire Emblem much more than Zelda.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing that was mentioned that I don't think many people caught.

Class changing is in the game. Whether these are just promotions or full Base Class versatility, we don't know, but I think this was the first time it was brought up.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
So something I thought about asking regarding the Switch's portability:

If you could choose ANY 5 games from ANY previous non-handheld system for the Switch just for the sheer fact that you could play those games anywhere on the go, which 5 would you choose?
I would bring over:
1. Code Vein (it's being developed atm but its by the God Eater and Dark Souls team soo...)
2. God Eater: Resurrection (If that actually did happened, Switch will be an instant sold to me)
3. Probably P4 Arena or P5. Tough choice but P4 Arena since I never actually finished that game.
4. The Last of Us
5. First Xenoblade maybe? It's a series I've been interested in. Supposedly holds great promise as a spiritual successor to Xenogears and Xenosaga.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

If you could choose ANY 5 games from ANY previous non-handheld system for the Switch just for the sheer fact that you could play those games anywhere on the go, which 5 would you choose?
Sonic Adventure 1
Sonic Adventure 2
LittleBigPlanet 2 (I know there are portable LBP games, but I'm talking about LBP 2 specifically)
Rayman 3
Super Mario Galaxy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, the presence of a Magic stat and Resistance stat pretty much confirms playable mages. Not that there was any doubt, of course.

Robin, Tharja, and hopefully Merric hype engaged.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hate stalling to show new content. Also where did JC come from? He's not been on the treehouse until this segment I believe.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Pretty happy to see FE Warriors brought over the player switching mechanic from DQ Heroes.
Its been a thing in the warriors games for a very long time. And telling characters where to go and attack or defend through the map ect.

It was the biggest and maybe only standard feature missing in HW(not Legends) so im glad its back in FEW.....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo is considering more enhanced ports of Wii U games for Switch. Don't expect any unaltered ports, though.

So games I like that haven't gotten a handheld release already.

Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
DKC: Tropical Freeze
LoZ: Wind Waker
Mega Man 9 (If only Legacy Collection 2 were coming to Switch.)
Metal Gear Rising

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Unenhanced ports being out of the picture pretty much means Smash (if it's happening) will have new stuff.

Also, if Mario Maker gets ported... you know what to do, Nintendo.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
One thing that was mentioned that I don't think many people caught.

Class changing is in the game. Whether these are just promotions or full Base Class versatility, we don't know, but I think this was the first time it was brought up.
That would make the game so much more interesting. Hopefully you can change back or something tho if you want.

Also I just realised. Expect there to be DLC of the new 2018 FE game haha.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unenhanced ports being out of the picture pretty much means Smash (if it's happening) will have new stuff.

Oh my god...

If Super Mario Maker comes to Switch I can finally get a Chrom amiibo costume. Also slopes, but a CHROM AMIIBO COSTUME.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I like to see the NES Mario game maps also have the All-Stars versions too if they can for Super Mario Maker. I know that the NES version is nostalgic and iconic and all, but I personally grew up with Super Mario All Stars so I'd like to see that as an optional (palette swap?) skin for the Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 course maps in Super Mario Maker.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my god...

If Super Mario Maker comes to Switch I can finally get a Chrom amiibo costume. Also slopes, but a CHROM AMIIBO COSTUME.
You're already getting one better, potentially.

Chrom costume in Super Mario Odyssey.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A Xenoblade X port would be damn cool

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Please put Tropical Freeze on the Switch.

That is one of the best platformers of this decade, and deserves another shot at life.
Its hard. Cos i think theres so many Wii U games that should be played by more people and deserve more sales...but at the same time the switch shouldn't be flooded with wii u ports.

Although spread over 2-3 yrs these ports should be fine...

For Switch ports i'd like the following:
Smash
DK Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Kid Icarus Uprisng
XCX.

Thats it although this IS a lot of ports. I can see any of these not getting ported due to sequels/new games in the series. Like the new Yoshi game. I highly doubt wooly world will ever be ported. And XC2 might mean XCX doesnt get a port...not for another year or 2.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're already getting one better, potentially.

Chrom costume in Super Mario Odyssey.
I'd have to wonder though...would Mario get the Brand of the Exalt on his right arm?

Because then Mario would be a canonical descendant of Chrom (and Marth by extension) just so he could have a cameo costume.

D

Deleted member

New ARMS character incoming.

Apparently Max Brass, the Champion.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like to see the NES Mario game maps also have the All-Stars versions too if they can for Super Mario Maker. I know that the NES version is nostalgic and iconic and all, but I personally grew up with Super Mario All Stars so I'd like to see that as an optional (palette swap?) skin for the Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 course maps in Super Mario Maker.
That probably wouldn't be that hard to do. All tiles for Mario use 16x16 pixels with SNES just having more options for color palettes. I think NES tiles can only have 4 colors, including black

Though I don't really have any love for the All Stars version

Chrono.

Max Brass is just a better Master Mummy. lol

EDIT: And a little bit of Spring Man in there too.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd have to wonder though...would Mario get the Brand of the Exalt on his right arm?

Because then Mario would be a canonical descendant of Chrom (and Marth by extension) just so he could have a cameo costume.
Or he just got a spiffy tattoo at the local tattoo parlour in New Donk City.

And then you can also get the tribal tattoo.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Its hard. Cos i think theres so many Wii U games that should be played by more people and deserve more sales...but at the same time the switch shouldn't be flooded with wii u ports.

Although spread over 2-3 yrs these ports should be fine...

For Switch ports i'd like the following:
Smash
DK Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Kid Icarus Uprisng
XCX.

Thats it although this IS a lot of ports. I can see any of these not getting ported due to sequels/new games in the series. Like the new Yoshi game. I highly doubt wooly world will ever be ported. And XC2 might mean XCX doesnt get a port...not for another year or 2.
They could possibly make Wii U ports digital only, like how some Wii games were digitally downloadable on Wii U.

Kid Icarus Uprising is another game I think deserves another shot at life on the Switch. Give it a more accessible control scheme, and a lot of new people may give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom