• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I bet if I was in a Dangan Rompa situation and the only way to get out of a school Im trapped in is to kill, I would kill so many people
But the rules state that you can only kill two people at any given time. So if you killed a third person, you'd be killed for breaking the rules.

Also, the more people you kill, the harder it would be to hide the evidence. You'd be found out pretty easily.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm so jealous... It's becoming a huge drag, I'm even strangely just doing worse than I was a couple days ago when I was getting the hang of it. Worst of all it's getting in the way of me doing anything else. Haven't done a single Arena run just from fatigue. :urg: I'd like it if future Tempest Trials rewarded daily presence and skill over constant grinding.

The bright side, yeah, several units now maxed out with Hero Merit and probably tons of SP. Need to start preparing for future Trials, it's changed everything about what I perceive is useful. So many units I wish I hadn't sent home...

Couple days ago before the waifu banner ended I was a bit down about a couple things and in my melancholy I took one last shot at getting Bridal Lyn because I want a good healer. Then I took another shot... Then another.

Got four extra Cordelia's before I got a single Lyn. ^^; Woops.

Then I'd get all Ultimate Detective on their ***. :drflip:
I just wanted Athena in the new banner and spent like triple digits for her.

All I wanted was Bride Charlotte and she was the first one I got.

Chrono.

Look at all those nominations, this game is easily going to be the best DB fighter to date. I expect this game to sell more than what they're expecting, this game is even getting people who don't even like DB or fighters interested. That's hype.
I expect it to sell better than most ArcSys fighters.

There's huge hype from both the casual and the hardcore crowd.
Saw the trailer for the upcoming new Xbox avatars. And I have to say this is waaaaaaay better than what we got now (not only the old ones feel soulless but they REALLY creep me out).

I just hope Microsoft doesn't get too greedy with accessories.
I forgot that you gotta buy the items, that's a bit of a hype killer for me. Even if I do understand why that's the case.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Finally got the quickened pulse seal in Heroes! \o/

Also, if nothing else, doing tempest runs has been great for my feather count.
Just got 5* Masked Marth myself. At the pace I'm going, I should reach Quickened Pulse soon. I do have a good amount of Stamina Potions if I need to get points quicker.
Couple days ago before the waifu banner ended I was a bit down about a couple things and in my melancholy I took one last shot at getting Bridal Lyn because I want a good healer. Then I took another shot... Then another.

Got four extra Cordelia's before I got a single Lyn. ^^; Woops.
Got 3 Cordelias and 3 Lyns here. That being said, didn't get a single +ATK/+SPD Cordelia. On the bright side, didn't get a -ATK/-SPD one either. One was a +RES/-DEF, another one was a +HP/-DEF and the 3rd one was a +HP/-RES.
That being said, it reminds me how much I don't like IVs and now I have to deal with IVs with limited resources and relying on pure luck. Seriously, I'd pay tons of Orbs or Hero Feathers to change a character's IVs.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You saw how well biding time worked in the other games. Someone is bound to break down and commit a murder :139:
But on the other side, you saw how well killing people worked in the other games.

When it comes to THH, GD, and V3, only those who refrained from killing anyone survived, and even then...
In the first two games, there was not actually a reason to kill in the end. The ones in the first game had nothing to go back to, what with the world ended and all. And the ones in the second game were playing right into Junko's hands.

Mario, Pokken, Both Metroid games, Fire Emblem Warrirors, Splatoon 2, Pokemon, Pokken DX, Xenoblade 2, maybe ARMS

. . .RIP my wallet. Seriously.

no sueprstar remake?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Outside the obvious Piccolo, Future Trunks, Krillin, Android 18 and Beerus, I'd like to play as Hit in DBFZ. He's still the coolest member of the Super Cast. I'm not sure how big the roster is gonna be, but it IS a 3v3 game. I would imagine 30 or so characters at launch.

I feel that Adult Gohan/Saiyaman is fairly likely. In most games, he fights very differently from his younger counterpart. Same for Kid Goku, if only for the Power Pole.

As far as other characters go, for DBZ we could see Kid Buu, Nappa, Ginyu, Tien and Videl on top of who I already mentioned. Super characters could probably be Zamasu and all the other Saiyans from Universe 6 at least. If there's GT, Pan, Uub and Omega Shenron are "popular".

Broly's probably a shoe-in given how popular he is, even if Kale was playable.

D

Deleted member

Voted Mario Odyssey, Yoshi, Kirby, Xenoblade 2, Fiyah Emburem Warriors, and both Metroids.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OF COURSE I voted for Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid Samus Returns...

Also Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon, Rocket League, and of course Arms I'm grabbing tomorrow...

Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Pokken tournament I'm on the fence...

Also you forgot Mario+Rabbids title...which is looking like a pretty decent game...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Super Mario Odyssey, Pokken, FE Warriors, Pokemon Swtich, Metroid Prime 4, MAYBE Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Arms, and Samus Returns.

Nintendo why. My poor wallet.

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
Outside the obvious Piccolo, Future Trunks, Krillin, Android 18 and Beerus, I'd like to play as Hit in DBFZ. He's still the coolest member of the Super Cast.

I feel that Adult Gohan/Saiyaman is fairly likely. In most games, he fights very differently from his younger counterpart. Same for Kid Goku, if only for the Power Pole.
I would love Hit too. For Super representation, Hit, Goku Black, Zamasu, and Cabba all would be great additions. I'd love Caulifla and Kale as well but they're fairly recent.
I'm also secretly hoping for Kid Goku as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No kingdom battle on the poll?

I'd like to see the votes for that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fixed the poll. You can change your votes. :p

D

Deleted member

Mfw no EOV in the poll

Lol, halfway through the Zofia Castle battle I realised I forgot to get Pythin so I retreated to recruit him
Reclassing everyone to Cav was a mistake though, at least for Dracoshield strats, couldn't get past the healing with Lighting Sword+Unreliable Python hits.
Thankfully, Froudoyant exists and it deals 10 damage to Desaix. With some lucky dodges and heals, Alm was able to make the process much faster

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm shocked Rabbids: Kingdom Battle wasn't there.

That's also on my list. And also part of why I hate Nintendo for making me poor.

So it just occurred to me that Retro never announced their game at E3. . .the one, singular company I wanted to see was at E3. They have basically been MIA since February 2014, other than some online stuff (website ant twitter).

They haven't had a new tweet since March.

RETRO WHERE ARE YOU AND WHERE ARE YOUR GAMES

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So e3's done for good...I waited for Nintendo's e3 to truly finish which was basically the entire e3 since they had announcements since EA's conference and then their Treehouse event continued to drop a few reveals here and there...

But my Bingo card is filled and I was so close to getting Bingo in so many places...If I'm being generous I could count Pikmin since we did get some confirmation on the game but it wasn't actually shown off unlike Metroid Prime 4...so no match...

I also counted rocket league as the Indie reveal...but it didn't give me anything anyways...of course the No F-Zero space turned out to be another free space but had I not changed it, a Mainline Pokemon game for the Switch would've been correct anyways...Mario+Rabbids counts as the Mario spin-off since, it is...

I DID GET FOUR CORNERS THOUGH!! but second from the left on the Top row is the biggest win for sure :D
e3 Nintendo Bingo copy.jpg

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Finished Volume 4 of RWBY.

Not as good as Volume 3, but about as good, if not a little worse, than Volume 2. I completely understand the mixed reaction the season got. Not a lot happens in this season, it acts as more as a set up for Volume 5. And considering the seasons are several months apart from one another, I can imagine it being annoying having waiting for a season that didn't really progress all that much.

We did get some good character interactions and development, Yang's and Juane's being some of my favorites. We even get some nice development from Ren and Nora, the former of which I thought was sort of the blandest character in the show. I will agree with some that say the season does feel a tad unfocused. We have several arcs this season, and while they all serve their purpose, some could have been expanded upon a little bit more. The fight scenes were also a bit weaker compared to other seasons, though I think a lot of that has to do with Monty Oum's passing.

I think Volume 4 will be more appreciated in retrospect when we eventually get Volume 5 and future volumes. If anything, Volume 4 has made me really look forward to Volume 5.

As for my thoughts on the show itself now that I've finished all the available seasons. I think RWBY is a pretty good series with great fight scenes, charming characters, interesting world and lore, and phenomenal music. Volume 1 is very rocky, but future seasons improve the show quite a bit. The characters get more interesting, the jokes are funnier, and the animation gets much better (Volume 4 is perhaps the most beautiful the show has looked). If you start watching RWBY and find yourself not impressed with Volume 1, I say watch Volume 2 in full and see if you want to continue from there.

I see a lot of similarities between RWBY and the original Teen Titans series (which is my favorite animated show of all-time), perhaps that's maybe why I find myself really enjoying it. I wouldn't consider myself a mega fan of the show, but RWBY is certainly a series I want to keep up with.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just really want Dragonball Fighter Z to kick off into a series of games, rather than one/two games and done.

Let this game start off with Z and Super characters, then the next one add movie and GT characters with tons more wild mechanics and cleaned up gameplay, and so on and so forth. It'd be amazing!

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
Review time! I guess I'll just post a review on here whenever, if it's allowed and stuff.

Double Dash review below:

You could not count the hours I sank into the first three Mario Kart games. In my vast spare time in elementary school, I spent entire weekends trying to master a perfect five laps in each course of Super Mario Kart. The game may be rough around the edges today, but its influence on the genre as a whole cannot be denied. Mario Kart 64 was even more addictive, adding four-player mayhem and far more advanced stages, including still the best battle mode the series has seen to date. Then Super Circuit brought more skillful tactics into play, and though it had been shrunk down for a portable, it was every bit as fulfilling as the titles that preceded it. Still, the urge for more home console Mario Kart was building, as it had been nearly seven years since Mario Kart 64. Finally, Mario Kart: Double Dash promised to waste our lives away like we were six again. Instead, to this day, it might remain the most disappointing Nintendo game I have ever bought. Childhood glee had turned to bitterness.

Double Dash at least thinks bigger. The primary selling point is the two-racer karts, in which one character drives in front and the other hurls items. By doubling the racers, the character roster has also been doubled, which had been needed desperately in the series up to that point. This makes Double Dash the only co-op game in the series, as you can team up with a friend or assist a less experienced player as you both cooperate towards victory. Because of the varying weight classes between characters, Double Dash also introduces different vehicles to the series, meaning weight no longer determines every single statistic. It is nice to be able to play as your favorite character but also being able to have good acceleration or speed depending on your preference. Characters will also have exclusive items appropriate to their namesake, such as Yoshi's homing egg, Bowser's gigantic spiked shell, or Wario's Bob-ombs. On a conceptual level, Double Dash brings plenty of fresh ideas to the series.

Unfortunately, the game drops the ball in every other area. First and foremost are the courses, which are stale, boring, and overly simple. Not only is 16 courses too few (retro tracks were not yet introduced to the series), but almost all of them feel like dumbed-down versions of courses from Mario Kart 64. Take Peach Beach, for instance, which is simply an oval with one branching path in the middle, and feels like a pre-school version of Koopa Troopa Beach. Or Waluigi Stadium, which is a painfully obvious sequel to Wario Stadium, except nowhere near as entertaining. The shortcuts in each of these courses are very obvious, with nothing creative or high-risk-high-reward. Most tracks have no shortcuts at all, while the ones that do are short stretches of grass you can boost across with a mushroom. As always, you have to play each cup in various speed classes and a mirror mode, and there is also an "All" mode to unlock that is a tedious chore just to say they added a couple more hours to the game.

Double Dash is also the point in the series where the item system turned to shambles. Most items from the previous game are back, although some of them have been tweaked...for the worse. For example, the Fake Item Box is completely useless now. What was a pretty good trap in Mario Kart 64 (especially Battle Mode) now has no use, since it is now a completely different color than a normal item box, meaning it will fool nobody. This is also the game where the blue Spiny Shell is turned from a very rare shell that hits every player on its way to first place into a flying bomb that appears very frequently and only punishes the racer in first, not actually assisting the player who fired it. Only the racer in 2nd place benefits from this nonsense. The character-exclusive items are a neat idea, but unfortunately, some are clearly better than others. Yoshi's egg is no different from an ordinary Red Shell, while Baby Mario's Chain Chomp is ridiculously more powerful than other characters' items. While not quite the worst item system in the series (I love Mario Kart Wii, but it earns that dishonor), this was the shark-jumping moment.

The Battle Mode is also an unfortunate blend of great ideas and terrible execution. The great? Three unique ways to play, the first of which being the standard three-balloon elimination match. You can also play a new mode called Shine Runners, which is a timed game of keep-away with a Shine Sprite while other players aggressively trying to steal it. Lastly is Bob-omb Blast, where players just chuck explosives at each other until they hit enough characters. Having these options is great and I desperately miss the Battle Mode variety nowadays. Sadly, the battle courses are plain, tiny arenas, including one that is just the flat surface of a giant Gamecube. In another example of dumbing down an already-done concept is Block City, which feels like a tech demo for Block Fort seven years prior. You can unlock more arenas, but on the whole, Battle Mode reeks of wasted potential, and unlike the races, this is one area the series has not since recovered from.

Like any Mario Kart game, Double Dash shines more in multi-player, but this is a case where it is difficult to get much enjoyment unless you can get a full four players together. In single-player, having two racers per kart honestly feels no different than having just one in any other game, so you really need to have a co-op 4-player game going to turn it into a great time. On the technical level, this game's aesthetics have always rubbed me the wrong way, being one of the ugliest looking Mario games on the system (only the Mario Party games look worse). Everything has an overly bright pastel look which makes the environments bland, and though this is admittedly a nitpick on my part, the recurring Mario theme of walls and hills having faces and noses is taken to absurd levels here. But far worse than the visuals is the game's soundtrack, which is the worst in any game with “Mario” in its title ever. The constant whistling is obnoxious, and many of the songs have this odd hillbilly feel to them. It's one of the few video games where the music actually annoys me while I am playing.

I hate this game. It nearly killed the series I cherished so much and previously sank countless hours into, and while the franchise has since recovered, it's a shame that Double Dash's unique potential went to waste. The two-racer kart idea is interesting and helped to expand the roster. The character-exclusive items are also a great idea, even if they are not balanced equally. Unfortunately, the rest of the item system has gone into the gutter, with tweaks that only serve to annoy, not assist you. The courses are extremely bland, and with an exception or two, are uncreative. The racing feels slower than ever, and while the Battle Mode also has some great ideas, the arenas themselves are so dry that the ideas cannot flourish. And that soundtrack...ouch, talk about a horrid wrong turn for a series and overall franchise known for wonderful music. Double Dash attempts great things on a conceptual level, but somehow fails at every basic principle of the Mario Kart series.

Final Score: 4/10

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Another Pyra fanart to share, sometimes I really hope to see other character's fanart like Rex, Tora, or Nia.
Hey eyes is slightly giving me the creeps.
However, whenever I notice Pyra fanart with exaggerated busts or bottoms a bit too much...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Review time! I guess I'll just post a review on here whenever, if it's allowed and stuff.

Double Dash review below:

You could not count the hours I sank into the first three Mario Kart games. In my vast spare time in elementary school, I spent entire weekends trying to master a perfect five laps in each course of Super Mario Kart. The game may be rough around the edges today, but its influence on the genre as a whole cannot be denied. Mario Kart 64 was even more addictive, adding four-player mayhem and far more advanced stages, including still the best battle mode the series has seen to date. Then Super Circuit brought more skillful tactics into play, and though it had been shrunk down for a portable, it was every bit as fulfilling as the titles that preceded it. Still, the urge for more home console Mario Kart was building, as it had been nearly seven years since Mario Kart 64. Finally, Mario Kart: Double Dash promised to waste our lives away like we were six again. Instead, to this day, it might remain the most disappointing Nintendo game I have ever bought. Childhood glee had turned to bitterness.

Double Dash at least thinks bigger. The primary selling point is the two-racer karts, in which one character drives in front and the other hurls items. By doubling the racers, the character roster has also been doubled, which had been needed desperately in the series up to that point. This makes Double Dash the only co-op game in the series, as you can team up with a friend or assist a less experienced player as you both cooperate towards victory. Because of the varying weight classes between characters, Double Dash also introduces different vehicles to the series, meaning weight no longer determines every single statistic. It is nice to be able to play as your favorite character but also being able to have good acceleration or speed depending on your preference. Characters will also have exclusive items appropriate to their namesake, such as Yoshi's homing egg, Bowser's gigantic spiked shell, or Wario's Bob-ombs. On a conceptual level, Double Dash brings plenty of fresh ideas to the series.

Unfortunately, the game drops the ball in every other area. First and foremost are the courses, which are stale, boring, and overly simple. Not only is 16 courses too few (retro tracks were not yet introduced to the series), but almost all of them feel like dumbed-down versions of courses from Mario Kart 64. Take Peach Beach, for instance, which is simply an oval with one branching path in the middle, and feels like a pre-school version of Koopa Troopa Beach. Or Waluigi Stadium, which is a painfully obvious sequel to Wario Stadium, except nowhere near as entertaining. The shortcuts in each of these courses are very obvious, with nothing creative or high-risk-high-reward. Most tracks have no shortcuts at all, while the ones that do are short stretches of grass you can boost across with a mushroom. As always, you have to play each cup in various speed classes and a mirror mode, and there is also an "All" mode to unlock that is a tedious chore just to say they added a couple more hours to the game.

Double Dash is also the point in the series where the item system turned to shambles. Most items from the previous game are back, although some of them have been tweaked...for the worse. For example, the Fake Item Box is completely useless now. What was a pretty good trap in Mario Kart 64 (especially Battle Mode) now has no use, since it is now a completely different color than a normal item box, meaning it will fool nobody. This is also the game where the blue Spiny Shell is turned from a very rare shell that hits every player on its way to first place into a flying bomb that appears very frequently and only punishes the racer in first, not actually assisting the player who fired it. Only the racer in 2nd place benefits from this nonsense. The character-exclusive items are a neat idea, but unfortunately, some are clearly better than others. Yoshi's egg is no different from an ordinary Red Shell, while Baby Mario's Chain Chomp is ridiculously more powerful than other characters' items. While not quite the worst item system in the series (I love Mario Kart Wii, but it earns that dishonor), this was the shark-jumping moment.

The Battle Mode is also an unfortunate blend of great ideas and terrible execution. The great? Three unique ways to play, the first of which being the standard three-balloon elimination match. You can also play a new mode called Shine Runners, which is a timed game of keep-away with a Shine Sprite while other players aggressively trying to steal it. Lastly is Bob-omb Blast, where players just chuck explosives at each other until they hit enough characters. Having these options is great and I desperately miss the Battle Mode variety nowadays. Sadly, the battle courses are plain, tiny arenas, including one that is just the flat surface of a giant Gamecube. In another example of dumbing down an already-done concept is Block City, which feels like a tech demo for Block Fort seven years prior. You can unlock more arenas, but on the whole, Battle Mode reeks of wasted potential, and unlike the races, this is one area the series has not since recovered from.

Like any Mario Kart game, Double Dash shines more in multi-player, but this is a case where it is difficult to get much enjoyment unless you can get a full four players together. In single-player, having two racers per kart honestly feels no different than having just one in any other game, so you really need to have a co-op 4-player game going to turn it into a great time. On the technical level, this game's aesthetics have always rubbed me the wrong way, being one of the ugliest looking Mario games on the system (only the Mario Party games look worse). Everything has an overly bright pastel look which makes the environments bland, and though this is admittedly a nitpick on my part, the recurring Mario theme of walls and hills having faces and noses is taken to absurd levels here. But far worse than the visuals is the game's soundtrack, which is the worst in any game with “Mario” in its title ever. The constant whistling is obnoxious, and many of the songs have this odd hillbilly feel to them. It's one of the few video games where the music actually annoys me while I am playing.

I hate this game. It nearly killed the series I cherished so much and previously sank countless hours into, and while the franchise has since recovered, it's a shame that Double Dash's unique potential went to waste. The two-racer kart idea is interesting and helped to expand the roster. The character-exclusive items are also a great idea, even if they are not balanced equally. Unfortunately, the rest of the item system has gone into the gutter, with tweaks that only serve to annoy, not assist you. The courses are extremely bland, and with an exception or two, are uncreative. The racing feels slower than ever, and while the Battle Mode also has some great ideas, the arenas themselves are so dry that the ideas cannot flourish. And that soundtrack...ouch, talk about a horrid wrong turn for a series and overall franchise known for wonderful music. Double Dash attempts great things on a conceptual level, but somehow fails at every basic principle of the Mario Kart series.

Final Score: 4/10
Y'know 4/10 is pretty low for Double Dash. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the game either. The controls feel incredibly slippery to me and the drifting just feels wrong. The second character is only distracting and nothing else. It works almost exactly like the other 3 with the item dragging mechanic.

I've seen a lot of people say that Double Dash it's the best Mario Kart game ever, particularly from GameXplain, and it may have been at the time but the game hasn't aged well. Not even blind nostalgia can fix that. I'm a HUGE fan of 64 as it was my first but even I can admit that the game has aged terribly.

So while I don't agree with the score. I do agree on most of what you said.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Says something that with how many people have voted in the poll so far, almost everyone wants Super Mario Odyssey.

Meanwhile, here's a theory I came up with earlier today:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Rocket League and Sushi are the only games I didn't checkmark in the poll =4
(Admittedly I like the look of Sushi Striker, but very few 3DS titles still interest me enough to buy them full price.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Says something that with how many people have voted in the poll so far, almost everyone wants Super Mario Odyssey.

Meanwhile, here's a theory I came up with earlier today:

I have no problem with that theory

I'd love to see another DK game

Bring the kremlings back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom