• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The more and more I think about the Sonic Forces Villains trailer, the more and more excited I get for the game.

Even if they totally botch up the lore/characterisation/story aspect of it, having these characters together brings so many possibilities to the table for boss fights.

>Metal Sonic and Chaos fuse again, boom, Neo Metal Sonic and/or Metal Overlord is back
>Shadow and Zavok as some close range martial arts tag team
>Chaos could end up with any number of Chaos Emeralds at different points in the story, allowing for different boss fights from him
>Shadow and Metal Sonic work together since they were a team in Sonic Rivals 2
>Plus Eggman and his returning masterpieces like Death Egg Robots and Egg Dragoon
>Plus Infinite

If nothing else, this game has the potential to have a god-tier Boss Rush mode.

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
I have a question for all you Layton fans out there. Please excuse my ignorance, as I've never played a Professor Layton game despite my interest in them, but is Professor Layton a Nintendo-only series?
If he were ever in Smash, would he be considered first/second party or third?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have a question for all you Layton fans out there. Please excuse my ignorance, as I've never played a Professor Layton game despite my interest in them, but is Professor Layton a Nintendo-only series?
He's from Level 5, they put his games on phones too

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Personal victory moment.

I've had a lot of misadventures. Lot of those were tied into employment, and my income's been spotty since 2011.

As a result, I racked up a pretty substantial debt on my credit card. It was in the low thousands before I first joined Smashboards, and by July of 2013 it capped at its $10,000 credit limit. For the next three years, it remained there.

But as of relatively recently, I've stabilized. Starting in April 2016, I was finally in a position where I could begin to pay off my credit card balance. Throwing roughly half my monthly income at it, I wore it away.

There's been a lot of ups and downs, but this morning I paid the remaining balance and completed my task.

The beast is slain.

I am beholden to no man.

upload_2017-6-16_7-3-42.png

Eat literally every ****, credit card.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's a third party series, though Nintendo publishes the games in Western territories. Nintendo's creative/development teams don't have any involvement with the games.

The only reason Layton games have mostly been DS/3DS exclusive is because the dual screens of those systems was just a perfect fit for the puzzle gameplay. It also helps that the Nintendo audience are a good fit for the games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Personal victory moment.

I've had a lot of misadventures. Lot of those were tied into employment, and my income's been spotty since 2011.

As a result, I racked up a pretty substantial debt on my credit card. It was in the low thousands before I first joined Smashboards, and by July of 2013 it capped at its $10,000 credit limit. For the next three years, it remained there.

But as of relatively recently, I've stabilized. Starting in April 2016, I was finally in a position where I could begin to pay off my credit card balance. Throwing roughly half my monthly income at it, I wore it away.

There's been a lot of ups and downs, but this morning I paid the remaining balance and completed my task.

The beast is slain.

I am beholden to no man.

View attachment 130823
This is why I just have a debit card

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
For a time, so did I. And given the option, it's what I'd advise. I've lived both ways, and I know what I prefer.

But when you're unemployed or taking individual contract jobs and you still have to pay rent, fix the car, eat...

The money had to come from somewhere, and when I couldn't make enough, it came from there. That's what got it so high in the first place.

But now it's dead. I am eager to return to the debit days.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Personal victory moment.

The beast is slain.

I am beholden to no man.

View attachment 130823
Same. I don't think I'd do well with a credit card

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The series is owned by Level-5 which is a third party company. Nintendo handles the publishing outside of Japan though. Well at least for the original and prequel trilogies, Layton's Mystery Journey is probably self published and localized by Level-5 in house since it's being released to IOS devices too and Nintendo has nothing to do with that as far as I'm aware.

So yes, he'd be a third party character if he was ever included in Smash.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, while I do know some stuff about Xenoblade. I don't think I know enough to make theory. Plus, theory aren't my thing soooo sorry dude. (Heck, I haven't played the game in a long time and I am not that far into it. Which is sad since I really like it)

But I will say that, whatever happen in X2, they better reference the end of X1 and make the character likeable. Becaue while Pyra is THICC, she better be a good character if she don't want to become a base-breaking character.

And lastly, I hope the dub will be better, because for now, it's just narmy as ****.
If you didn't finish Xenoblade then it's obvious that you can think of any theory... the ending of the first Xenoblade game is very twisted, I highly recommend you to finish it.

I think Pyra is a good character (And nah...she isn't thicc... there's too many thicc characters already from Nintendo). However I said before I won't be too fond on her yet since we haven't know every character yet.
XC1 had its dose of kek voice acting, but that is what makes it memorable in some way.
I was annoyed at Rex's voice, but then I heard the "WHATS TEH METTAH?" dude and I was like: :denzel:
They were... British accent... that's all I can say. They were good an memorable. I mean...
  • "The enemy's weak, but don't drop your guard!"
  • "Everyone — let's go!"
  • [Starting versus red level enemies] "Looks like we don't have a choice!"
  • [Fighting a Unique Monster] "Everyone do your best!"
  • [Dodging] "Not good enough!"
  • "We haven't lost yet!"
  • [Activating] "This is the Monado's power!"
  • "Nothing's gonna stop me!"
  • "Let's aim higher!"
  • "We can definitely do this!"
  • "Almost there!"
  • [Healed] "Just what I needed!"
  • "Monado! Show me the way!"
  • "Behold the power of the Monado!"
  • "I... I'm seeing something!"
  • "It's coming to me...!"
  • "Ohh... Wait!"
  • "Ok, my turn!"
  • "Not bad!"
  • "Monado, lend us your power!"
  • "More enemies!"
  • "There's no end to them!"
  • "I'm...sorry..."
  • "I can't...go on..."
  • "This isn't going well..."
  • Shulk: "I'm really feeling it!"
    Reyn: "yeah, Shulk! get stuck in!"
  • Shulk: "Reyn!"
    Reyn: "I know, I know!"
  • "Altogether for a Chain Attack!"
  • "Sharla! Don't worry about it!"
  • "We can definitely do this!"
  • Shulk: "This isn't going well."
    Reyn: "Sorry, I lost focus."
  • Shulk: "Altogether now!"
    Riki: "Riki together too!"
  • [Focusing attacks] "Let's Focus our efforts!"
  • [Engaging at will] "Play it by ear everyone!"
  • [Retreat] "Everyone, make a run for it!"
Arts

• "BATTLE SOUL!"
    • "Shadow Eye!"
    • "Back Slash!"
    • "Air Slash!"
    • "Streeeam Edge!"
    • "Light Heal!"
    • "Slit Edge!"
    • "This'll leave a mark-- Shaker Edge!"
    • [Art: Shaker Edge] "Pesky thing! Hyah!"
    • "Monado—Buster!"
    • [Art: Monado Shield] "Monado... Shield us!"
    • [Art: Monado Speed] "Monado, show me the way!""
    • "You're not invincible! Monado Enchant!"
    • "No escape..." *yelling* "Monado Purge!"
    • [Art: Monado Purge] "That's ENOUGH!!!"
    • "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!"
    • "Monadoooo... Eater!"
    • "Tuuurn... Strike!"
    • "I'll bash you up. Monadooo... Eater!"
Leveling up

• "Cool!"
    • "I need to be even stronger!"
    • "I can feel the power!"
Victory

• "Piece of cake!"
    • "Hahaha, we win!"
Eh, for me, XC1 dub was maybe a little goofy at time. But it was still pretty good and I didn't feel like the voice were out of character or just didn't care. In XC2 however, god, Rex voice, like, I hope he git gud when the game is released or else, I may change the voice to Japanese if the quality of the voice are like him. (Not helping the fact that he seem really generic when it come to design and character. I get what they were trying to do with him. But so far, I am not sold on it) The other voice are fine for the most part, but I can't really remember them so I hope they put more effort into it. (Tough, Pyra voice was good from what I remember? If yes, then she is really going to be the reason why peoples will buy this game:denzel:)
Rex's Japanese voice sounds a lot like Shulk. Still haven't watch the E3 trailer in Japanese, I'm not sure if there is one yet...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you didn't finish Xenoblade then it's obvious that you can think of any theory... the ending of the first Xenoblade game is very twisted, I highly recommend you to finish it.

I think Pyra is a good character (And nah...she isn't thicc... there's too many thicc characters already from Nintendo). However I said before I won't be too fond on her yet since we haven't know every character yet.

They were... British accent... that's all I can say. They were good an memorable.

Rex's Japanese voice sounds a lot like Shulk. Still haven't watch the E3 trailer in Japanese, I'm not sure if there is one yet...
I do it at my own pace. I have already too many game to finish so I will play it when I feel like it.

I will also wait before saying she is a good character. But for now, her design is a win in my book.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
ITT, apparently people didn't drift just short of 100% of the time in Double Dash to avoid having to deal with handling physics at all.

Idk, I played it far more than 64 back in the day since I didn't own an N64 until 2007, so it was my first substantial Mario Kart experience, but I find its physics by far the most satisfying to this day (I still regularly do a couple 16-track runs in VS. mode every time I visit my younger siblings). Couldn't really care less about the kart selection and double-riders thing. The only problem I have with the game is that it's the last one with only 16 courses; as much as I enjoy them all at this point, they do go by rather quickly. Maybe it's all just a matter of when I got into the series, but 64's drifting always felt like it was about to go careening off in some undesirable direction if I held left/right for more than half a second, and the handling still seemed oversensitive. Wii/7/8 were better on those counts, but I always enjoyed how quickly you could get boosts in Double Dash and DS, and the courses were designed with tight turns to match. Just my two cents.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ITT, apparently people didn't drift just short of 100% of the time in Double Dash to avoid having to deal with handling physics at all.

Idk, I played it far more than 64 back in the day since I didn't own an N64 until 2007, so it was my first substantial Mario Kart experience, but I find its physics by far the most satisfying to this day (I still regularly do a couple 16-track runs in VS. mode every time I visit my younger siblings). Couldn't really care less about the kart selection and double-riders thing. The only problem I have with the game is that it's the last one with only 16 courses; as much as I enjoy them all at this point, they do go by rather quickly. Maybe it's all just a matter of when I got into the series, but 64's drifting always felt like it was about to go careening off in some undesirable direction if I held left/right for more than half a second, and the handling still seemed oversensitive. Wii/7/8 were better on those counts, but I always enjoyed how quickly you could get boosts in Double Dash and DS, and the courses were designed with tight turns to match. Just my two cents.
It's not praise worthy if you have to drift all of the time to have even serviceable handling. It's fundamentally flawed design.

I also remember the drift being slippery too. The whole game was on ice skates.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Double Dash was alright.

I like the idea of two drivers on one kart.

But the mechanics weren't the best.

I'd say my favorite Mario Kart would have to be MK8.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do it at my own pace. I have already too many game to finish so I will play it when I feel like it.

I will also wait before saying she is a good character. But for now, her design is a win in my book.
Turns out that Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have additional dialogues. Reyn: Oh, C'mon.... that's not fair
The "Military uniform girl" seems to be saying something to Rex and Homura/Pyra. Something about Blade and Driver, before that another girl's voice seems to be saying "Driver of the Egis, is Rex?" (this is my "guess translate", I do learn Japanese but I'm barely learned some vocabulary and sentence structure). She's probably saying Rex and Homura are both useless as blade and driver, again I might be wrong.
??? No 2 (That old dude fighting against Rex): You...and that sword...CAN'T BE!!!!! I'm guessing your goal...is Elysium.
Homura/Pyra said something after this.
??? No 3 (A female we do not know yet. I'm guessing it's Hikari): This blade he calls Pyra, have flames hide something deeper...
This part was said by a dude in Japanese, at least I know it wasn't said by Hikari.

So there are actually some minor differences/addition dialogues in the Japanese trailer... don't know why...
Nevertheless, Rex sounds way better and just like Shulk in Japanese.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Never played MKDD but MK8 is clearly the best because it's the only one with Mount Wario

I'm sorry but
View attachment 130825
This is extra thicc

Compare to Twintelle, Minmin, Mei, or even Zelda...nah. Almost, but not quite.
There's a fanart of Pyra that's really thicc, but it's NSFW so it can't be posted here.
And I don't think we should keep using this word...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Never played MKDD but MK8 is clearly the best because it's the only one with Mount Wario

I'm sorry but
View attachment 130825
This is extra thicc

It's...literally not though.

The strap is tight so it's pushing the flesh of her bottom inward, but for the most part she's got a smaller, firmer butt. Especially evident when you see her directly from the back in-game.

You'd have to literally have only seen twigs in your life to think that's "thicc".

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What she's lacking in the back she makes up for in the front clearly...

Either way...

I got Arms! The pre-orders for the MSR stuff aren't available yet in my area unfortunately....but I was able to put a pre-order down on another amiibo I wanted that's releasing not too far from now...:4cloud:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
It's not praise worthy if you have to drift all of the time to have even serviceable handling. It's fundamentally flawed design.

I also remember the drift being slippery too. The whole game was on ice skates.
It's not so much that I have to drift as much as it is that drifts in that game have a wider range of turn speeds than most games, start nearly instantly off the ground, and have far faster turn acceleration than turning without drifting. I don't mind drifting all the time because done optimally it allows fine tuning angles with the added benefit of constant speed-boosts.

Granted, it'd be better if the standard handling weren't as slippery to make it a fairer trade-off, but I enjoy it more than later games where karts only have the trade-off in a much narrower range of angles, and have to sustain it a lot longer. DS probably hit the sweetspot as far as options go, but I never cared for the hop you had to do to instigate drifts in the other games.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Says something that with how many people have voted in the poll so far, almost everyone wants Super Mario Odyssey.

Meanwhile, here's a theory I came up with earlier today:

Its sad that even nintendo and other companys are scared of fans ****ing rioting like children

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My Overwatch Academia.... Wow.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Asui should be Lucio...
Todoroki is not just Mei, but also the Pyro...
Bakugo being Mercy...WHAT?! He should switch with Kirishima. And Kirishima should be Soldier 76. Because, ya know, he's a real man. Mercy... I really can't think of anyone in class 1-A that is suitable. That leaves the Recovery Girl being the only candidate, but...she's old...
Denki can be Winston (Because he shocks people)
Edit: Hatsume Mei can be Torbjorn, nuff said. Similar to how Torbjorn shouts "My baby!" when his turret got destroyed. Mei also call her inventions babies.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

The strap is tight so it's pushing the flesh of her bottom inward, but for the most part she's got a smaller, firmer butt. Especially evident when you see her directly from the back in-game.

You'd have to literally have only seen twigs in your life to think that's "thicc".
I said this once and Ill say it again. Pyra would totally benifit from having better clothing. who would wear "shorts" that tight and ****ing small

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Compare to Twintelle, Minmin, Mei, or even Zelda...nah. Almost, but not quite.
There's a fanart of Pyra that's really thicc, but it's NSFW so it can't be posted here.
And I don't think we should keep using this word...

Comparing to the rest of her body structure, that's really big actually
Just tried the EO demo
EO is boring as ****
Hey, **** you
This damn elitists!
Oh, you're talking about Ever Oasis... move on

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Its sad that even nintendo and other companys are scared of fans ****ing rioting like children
Metroid fans on websites less sane than this one are a special kind of horrid, and that's even taking other kinds of Nintendo fans into consideration.

Even without Retro likely working on something else, Reggie actually admitted in an interview that they revealed Prime 4 early because they didn't want fans freaking out about the 3DS game.

I imagine the Pokemon mainline reveal was likely similarly motivated, but as frothing mad as the Pokemon fandom was prior to that it was an absolute drop in the bucket compared to how vindictive Metroid fans get.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Comparing to the rest of her body structure, that's really big actually
I just played Ever Oasis demo today...
Esuna... I remember she was called Asuna back in E3 2016...
Plz don't take this too seriously... also drop this "thicc" word... something's not feeling right...
Just tried the EO demo
EO is boring as ****
What they have in the final game is awesome. Sadly they don't offer you much in the demo.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just played Ever Oasis demo to day...
Plz don't take this too seriously... also drop this "thicc" word... something's not feeling right...
. . .Well it's not an incorrect observation, just not one with the. . .er. . .endgame the term usually has.

I don't normally pay attention to this stuff, but a giant mutated orb of water on an otherwise very streamlined character is jarring enough to be difficult to miss.

*EDIT* And yeah, as someone with a different perspective on the topic something feels slightly off about it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metroid fans on websites less sane than this one are a special kind of horrid, and that's even taking other kinds of Nintendo fans into consideration.

Even without Retro likely working on something else, Reggie actually admitted in an interview that they revealed Prime 4 early because they didn't want fans freaking out about the 3DS game.

I imagine the Pokemon mainline reveal was likely similarly motivated, but as frothing mad as the Pokemon fandom was prior to that it was an absolute drop in the bucket compared to how vindictive Metroid fans get.
Fandom in general are just insane in general. Really, it's hard to find a fandom those day who don't have any big problem in it. Steven Universe, FNAF, Sonic, Smash Bros, Metroid, etc...you get the deal. This is why I will never consider myself as a part of any fandom, because I don't want to be in a community who would whine or do worse at the second you say something negatif to them or what they love.

But hey, the Fandumb isn't going to stop me from visiting this website, even tough I hate the Smash Bros Fandom. You guys and girls are cool, so, thank you for being cool peoples to talk to.:4pikachu:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I also saw this comment on Knowyourmeme which obviously makes me mad:

She's slightly chubby and gorgeous, period.
I spend a moment trying to think how anyone could even think Mei is fat, and then I realize people are idiots.

I know what fat people look like. Mei is. . .not. Not at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom