• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Brilliant, of course Wario would try to nickle and dime you with in-app purchases, it's totally in character.

Nintendo could get away with murder.

:4wario2:
"Whahaha give me more a gold coins!"

I was invited by a kid with special needs to play bowling this morning and watched Cars 3 later this night. Good golly, my first run at bowling was atrocious (score of 20) but got better later (it's been YEARS since I've played bowling). As for Cars 3, it was pretty good. The families and kids really loved it. And I actually found the Pizza Planet truck in this film.

And with Cars 3, I finally saw The Emoji Movie trailer for first time.

Reaction GIFs > emojis.
Don't worry Reaction gifs is the sequel!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't exactly understand the context of the third picture, but it's still pretty funny
Check the original source for more details. They were making fun of Rex's pants...
Sorry, ignore this post.
I know should ignore this but...
My alert mentions that you replied to my post, oh well.
I finally decided to give Rocket League a try.

And while it seems fun.

Pretty much the same when I play Overwatch for the first time.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, I can't be the first person that's thought of this, but with Nintendo putting increasing emphasis on mobile games, with Mario, MIItopia, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Animal Crossing rumored to be happening and throw in Pokémon GO, even though they're owned completely separate from Nintendo, there's one franchise that I think has been overlooked for mobile development: WarioWare. The whole nature of the WarioWare games seems perfect for mobile phones.
Back when I played the hell out of Dumb Ways to Die I thought the exact same. It's literally WarioWare without Wario and I was just half expecting Wario's 'OH YEAH' to appear at some point. That game is so very WarioWare and it's amazing. Not to mention the lovable characters and ridiculously catchy theme song.
Warning: Beware if cutesy blob violence

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For those following Fire Emblem Cipher news, the Cipher Twitter account revealed Clair's cards, both Normal and SR versions:]

Best Clair art I've seen in a while.

ChikoLad ChikoLad , since you're a huge fan of Clair, I think you will like these artworks of Clair.
This makes up for the severe lack of Clair fanart.

They upload the clean illustrations of these sometime after, right?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So, apparently, there's reason to believe Xenoblade 2 won't have armor customization?

Reason I see cited the most is how there's a creature living on Rex's hood, which would probably make it hard to change the armor.
Character customization is still a thing, still unsure if armor customization is still there. I'm guessing is the second left icon.
Just have all of his armor options have a hood
And wait, what creature?
Yeah, I remember some some armors actually just change the color of the original outfit, that outfits aren't expensive though.
This creature:
That'd make even less sense, what kind of RPG doesn't have armor?
I will be really disappointed if that happens, Takahashi said he is making sure to bring us the best experience from both XC and XCX.
Even if they do... I hope they can give us a good replacement, blade characters doesn't count.
The other reason is because people allegedly didn't see an armor/gear option in the Treehouse gameplay (Treehouse not saying anything about armor also adding to that).

Tho I honestly think people are jumping the gun.
They do, or they didn't look at the Treeshouse gameplay closely enough.

I'm going to check Reddit for more details.

Ok, here's something interesting, this is the 3D character face comparison of Xenosaga III, Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Let's face it people, 3D faces of characters from Xeno series were never been good. So I don't know why there are some people complain about XC2's face isn't as the original. I'm not saying it's bad, I can get with it, but it wasn't good when watching the cutscenes. The expression weren't vivid, but the voice acting made it all good. XC2 on the other is great cutscenes, but with decent voice acting, for now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really get this.

Operation Rainfall was made to get three niche JRPGs that used new IPs localised.

Operation Moonfall was made to get a remake of a very particular game made, as a follow-up to a remake of that game's predecessor. It also wasn't a very successful movement. Majora's Mask 3D did get made eventually, but the actual movement itself didn't see a lot of support, with only around 55,000 signatures on the main petition, so it's fair to assume Nintendo had already wanted to make it or that Grezzo was able to successfully pitch it after the success of OoT3D.

This "Operation Starfall" seems to want to accomplish...more exposure for the Metroid brand?

The franchise just had two headlining games announced at E3, catering to both possible sides of the Metroid fanbase (classic 2D and Prime), as well as two amiibo announced, and a special edition for one of the upcoming games. What more exposure could you want at this point? It also isn't a very concrete goal, "more exposure" could mean anything.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't really get this.

Operation Rainfall was made to get three niche JRPGs that used new IPs localised.

Operation Moonfall was made to get a remake of a very particular game made, as a follow-up to a remake of that game's predecessor. It also wasn't a very successful movement. Majora's Mask 3D did get made eventually, but the actual movement itself didn't see a lot of support, with only around 55,000 signatures on the main petition, so it's fair to assume Nintendo had already wanted to make it or that Grezzo was able to successfully pitch it after the success of OoT3D.

This "Operation Starfall" seems to want to accomplish...more exposure for the Metroid brand?

The franchise just had two headlining games announced at E3, catering to both possible sides of the Metroid fanbase (classic 2D and Prime), as well as two amiibo announced, and a special edition for one of the upcoming games. What more exposure could you want at this point? It also isn't a very concrete goal, "more exposure" could mean anything.
That live action Metroid movie from John Woo we nearly got

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is apparently an ad for a video game.

I can't tell the mobile of LoL that a lot of young kids and dudes play in my country is Strike of Kings or Mobile Legends.
Besides, when it comes to mobile game ads, I've seen worse. Like a literally fake Pokemon mobile...

Also for those who have Switch:
I recently bought a silicon cover for my Switch...turns out I can't put it in my bag very well. I remember I used to put silicon cover on my 3DS XL and it manage to put into my HORI bag perfectly.
My Switch bag isn't from HORI so I can see why... maybe this means I need to buy a HORI bag in that is larger and have better protection... but this also means the bag I bought is going to turn into dud... no wonder why it was the cheapest bag in the gamestore.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't tell the mobile of LoL that a lot of young kids and dudes play in my country is Strike of Kings or Mobile Legends.
Besides, when it comes to mobile game ads, I've seen worse. Like a literally fake Pokemon mobile...
At least that one is actually talking about the game and showing it off. Game looks half decent too.

D

Deleted member

As I said in the thread, the main idea is to promote even further the 2 upcoming Metroid games.

One of the factors Metroid has known 2 severe hiatuses is the lack of sales, and so I had the idea to make a follow-up to the 2 previous Operations, which would consist of the opposite of the petition to cancel Federation Force.

Though admittedly I have no idea on how to run it, and so I would like to know if they are volunteers to help me making it happen.

Maybe I should directly ask that to the Oprainfall website lol.

D

Deleted member

As I said in the thread, the main idea is to promote even further the 2 upcoming Metroid games.

One of the factors Metroid has known 2 severe hiatuses is the lack of sales, and so I had the idea to make a follow-up to the 2 previous Operations, which would consist of the opposite of the petition to cancel Federation Force.

Though admittedly I have no idea on how to run it, and so I would like to know if they are volunteers to help me making it happen.

The first hiatus was because they simply didn't know how to make a 3D game work.
The second likely has to do more with the fan reaction that any sales.

Still, I don't see the point to this, sure it's nice to help promote a game but I don't see how it's in any way related to Rainfall
Moonfall was already dumb because it was asking Nintendo to kake a game when the original Rainfall's purpose was asking Nintendo of America to do their ****ing job and release existing games on the 'muricas.
Like, is this going to be a recurring theme? A bunch of "fall" movements that have nothing to do with the original, either in organization or purpose, which are really just "Nintendo should make this"?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

But "promote the upcoming games" is something that's way too vague.

If you're gonna make a movement of any kind, it at least needs a defined goal. Operation Rainfall was made to get some games localised. And it worked because the movement proved that enough people were interested in those games to warrant localising them. Nintendo likely weren't sure before the movement due to them being new JRPG IPs and JRPGs are a niche genre when they aren't Final Fantasy, but the movement served to show the demand was there.

Operation Moonfall was similar, they wanted to see a remake of a specific game on a specific system. It just so happened Nintendo already had the intention of making it happen.

What you're proposing doesn't have a defined goal. "More promotion for the upcoming games" could mean anything. Do you want them to put up a billboard somewhere? Do you want them to make loads of Metroid merchandise? Do you want TV commercials for the games? Do you want Nintendo to hire an expert Samus cosplayer to make appearances at conventions and take pictures with fans in front of a cool backdrop? "More promotion" can mean so many things.

And to be honest, I think you're kinda jumping the gun. The games just got announced. Metroid Prime 4 has probably only just started development, so I doubt the game will even release for another 2-3 years. Chances are once it's presentable and playable enough for public showing, it will be Nintendo's headlining game for that year's E3, like how Super Mario Odyssey was their headlining game this year.

As for Samus Returns, I'm sure it'll continue to see more and more promotion the closer it gets to release. It's getting two amiibo and a special edition, so I think they're pretty serious about the game.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In case people are interested, a Japanese poll just started to try and determine the most popular of the previous 19 Pokemon movies. You can vote on the 20th Movie website, or since most people here don't know Japanese, you can vote through Twitter using this link: https://ssl.pokemon-movie.jp/eiga_tohyo/forms/

Each of the movies are listed by order of release, including both versions of Movie 14 (Victini), so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Will guess Movie 1 will win due to nostalgia, but Movie 8 has my vote regardless. :4lucario:

D

Deleted member

In case people are interested, a Japanese poll just started to try and determine the most popular of the previous 19 Pokemon movies. You can vote on the 20th Movie website, or since most people here don't know Japanese, you can vote through Twitter using this link: https://ssl.pokemon-movie.jp/eiga_tohyo/forms/

Each of the movies are listed by order of release, including both versions of Movie 14 (Victini), so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Will guess Movie 1 will win due to nostalgia, but Movie 8 has my vote regardless. :4lucario:
Any vote that's not for Movie 3 is the wrong vote. :V

(...but Lucario's movie is good too.)

D

Deleted member

Ugh, Echoes is giving me such a headache right now
During my first playthrough, Silque was getting 58% hit on the Leather Shield Merc despite Lck(supposedly) being the only stat affecting Magic Avoid, which most enemies have 0, meaning he shouldn't get even one point more of avoid. The worst part is that Faye as a Cleric was getting 65%(due to Alm support) so it wasn't the Merc but rather Silque who was getting less hit.
Now it happened again on my second run but both Faye and Silque were getting 59% hit on him.
Now I'm against Barth and Mae is also getting a 1% reduction on her hit rates, while all the other Mages have their fixed hit rates.

So, like, is M-Avo calculafed by something other than Lck(because my unit listing says Saber has 9 with 7 Lck and Genny has 8 with 10 Lck) or is there some weird bug that sometimes gives less hit rates on spells under certain circumstances?

And SF doesn't have calculations yet so I really have to wonder what the hell is going on here

D

Deleted member

What you're proposing doesn't have a defined goal. "More promotion for the upcoming games" could mean anything. Do you want them to put up a billboard somewhere? Do you want them to make loads of Metroid merchandise? Do you want TV commercials for the games? Do you want Nintendo to hire an expert Samus cosplayer to make appearances at conventions and take pictures with fans in front of a cool backdrop? "More promotion" can mean so many things.
Well, first, I had the idea to ask famous YouTubers specialized in gaming to make videos speaking of Metroid in general and how it is important for it to get good sales.

Then, to convince more "casual" websites like 9Gag to speak about Metroid too.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Back when I played the hell out of Dumb Ways to Die I thought the exact same. It's literally WarioWare without Wario and I was just half expecting Wario's 'OH YEAH' to appear at some point. That game is so very WarioWare and it's amazing. Not to mention the lovable characters and ridiculously catchy theme song.
Warning: Beware if cutesy blob violence
Dumb Ways to Die was made in my hometown for our train network. I remember when it went viral because everyone was so excited for some reason.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, first, I had the idea to ask famous YouTubers specialized in gaming to make videos speaking of Metroid in general and how it is important for it to get good sales.

Even then, there's not really a point. Nintendo confirmed 2 things, all we need to do is buy the games, then Nintendo would know Metroid is profitble

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Honestly, YouTubers won't talk about something if they aren't interested, or if you don't have money to bribe them with. Though I do think there are plenty of people talking about Metroid even right now.

And websites will talk about it too if they have the interest, but not everybody will have that interest.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hmm. . .reading the conversation above makes me think about the hypothetical situation of setting up my own movement, LOL. I most likely would never get around to it or make much progress if I did, but the thought is interesting.

I do have an IP that I'd like to see more games from in the future that will likely go ignored without some kind of intervention.

I think if I ever did make some kind of attempt that I'd try to detach it from the Operation: Rainfall branding. Every Nintendo-related movement that I've seen that actually bothers to name itself attempts to tie itself into it somehow with the naming, and I feel like it would be better for any attempt I might make if it had an independent identity rather than trying to piggyback off of the most well known movement.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Literally everyone I know was hyped about Metroid after E3. It is not an unknown game or series... like, at all. I hardly think that it needs extra promotion. Prime 3 sold over 1 million copies back in 2007.

Personally I think the Prime 'hiatus' has worked in their favour and was a marketing tactic in itself. The more people that begged for this game, the more awareness there was about the series. Watch as Prime 4 becomes the best selling Prime game of the lot.

Also, the last Metroid game came out last year. Nintendo haven't forgotten about the series.

Before that was Other M in 2010. That's not that long ago. Metroid skipped one console - the Wii U. Actually, it didn't even. Prime Trilogy came out on the Wii U.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nintendo just needs really smart marketing strategies for Metroid...

It's no secret that Metroid isn't exactly known for it sales barring a few exceptions, and 2D games especially have been suffering a lot, which is a likely factor as to why we haven't seen any for a while...Technically the last truly NEW installment in the series was way back in 2002 with Fusion as Zero Mission and now MSR are both remakes...

Though based on what I've seen at e3 Nintendo is off to a pretty good start for the games...First we got two amiibo, Samus's smash amiibo was already pretty desirable as is, and now we've got an even cooler Samus amiibo as well as that Squishy Metroid amiibo everyone keeps gushing over...There's also the strategy they used to reassure fans that a Switch title was on the way before revealing the 3DS game knowing that many fans would rather have a Switch game...

One thing I can say though is that sometimes just having confirmation of the game's existence is enough to drive interest...Such is the case with BotW as we had so much time to talk about and speculate on the game, and now Metroid Prime 4 is already getting something similar over the net as I already see lots of discussion vids on Youtube and a crapton of fanart all over twitter...although one could argue that speculation for Prime 4 started with Federation Force, but that was heavily overshadowed by the game's controversy...

As far as additional promotion goes, just keep talking about it...keep it relevant...as well as buy the game if you're interested in it...The best thing fans can do to help or hurt a game is to vote with their wallets...

D

Deleted member

I'll never get the sentiment of "please buy this game so the series will continue" and how people will claim this is "important" for the franchise like a bunch of people did when Dchoes was announced.
Like, yeah, I get that you want the series to be successful and get more games but people should only buy it if they feel interested in the game themselves, even if they're big fans of it.

I keep talking about EO and how people should give them a try(also did I mention EOIV is on sale again??) but that's because I want more people to PLAY it, not BUY it.
More games are cool and all but if it ends, well, it ends and I'd rather have people play it so they can enjoy the games like I did and have people to talk about it but I can't force people to support a game they won't enjoy.

Not related but I think like this is the greatest thing I have ever taken out of context
Screenshot_2017-06-17-11-28-03-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom