• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah I figured that the Layton series would be having some issues transitioning to the Switch. It's one of the few franchises that still heavily rely on the touch screen to work out. It's needed for the map, investigations and especially the puzzles. This may work out just fine in portable mode, but can be very cumbersome on docked mode.

Hopefully they can figure something out though, I would hate to see the Layton series leaving Nintendo consoles just because of that.
I doubt they will just skip Nintendo systems on a whim coughcoughcapcom because it does seem they are trying to figure out what to do

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The hype Prime 4 caused is enough promotion, it made me get into Metroid. Seriously, just borrowed Prime 3 from a friend.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The only movement important right now is the one that demands a Kass amiibo to be released along with the Champions'

Might pick up Squishy Metroid if the mass-produced doesn't drop the quality to "Merf, Prince of Atlus" levels

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
To be fair, Capcom and Konami clearly have a foot shooting contest going on.
So I wasn't the only one who noticed, LOL.

Capcom's definitely trying with their sheer volume of bad decisions, but Konami puts up a strong fight in the race to the bottom by blacklisting all of their former employees and trying to actively ruin their lives, possibly due to the strong connection between pachinko and the Yakuza.

Who. Will. Win!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only games that I particularly want to do well right now are Sonic Mania and Crash: N. Sane Trilogy, and I'm not particularly worried in either case.

I want Sonic Mania to do well because it opens the door for a Classic Sonic sub-series, which I think would be good for the franchise. It means we could get Classic Sonic games from a team who knows what they're doing, in between the main series games from Sonic Team.

I want Crash to do well not only because it could lead to Crash getting a true successor to his original games, but it also would encourage Spyro coming back in some form.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Season 3 of Attack on Titan has been confirmed to air next year! Here's the teaser they showed:

Judging by all the volume covers shown, it looks like season 3 will be two cours this time.

Hype!

Also, I watched the final episode of AoT Season 2. It was amazing! I will write my review about it later.

In case people are interested, a Japanese poll just started to try and determine the most popular of the previous 19 Pokemon movies. You can vote on the 20th Movie website, or since most people here don't know Japanese, you can vote through Twitter using this link: https://ssl.pokemon-movie.jp/eiga_tohyo/forms/

Each of the movies are listed by order of release, including both versions of Movie 14 (Victini), so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Will guess Movie 1 will win due to nostalgia, but Movie 8 has my vote regardless. :4lucario:
The Darkrai movie is easily my favorite. Perfectly nailed a mascot legendary clash, Darkrai was an amazing character, Gallade made his anime debut, the soundtrack was stellar, and the side characters were enjoyable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching the making of the 60's Batman cartoon, which came out late last year and It seems Adam West seemed excited about a second or even third cartoon coming from it afterward.

Edit: He Actually FINISHED recording his lines, so a sequel IS coming out

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Season 3 of Attack on Titan has been confirmed to air next year! Here's the teaser they showed:

Judging by all the volume covers shown, it looks like season 3 will be two cours this time.

Hype!

Also, I watched the final episode of AoT Season 2. It was amazing! I will write my review about it later.

The Darkrai movie is easily my favorite. Perfectly nailed a mascot legendary clash, Darkrai was an amazing character, Gallade made his anime debut, the soundtrack was stellar, and the side characters were enjoyable.
Dammit, my post just had to be at the very bottom of the page!

Couldn't... control.... the hype... and had to post.... right away!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dammit, my post just had to be at the very bottom of the page!

Couldn't... control.... the hype... and had to post.... right away!
Welcome to the Bottom Post Club, how tough are you?:4drmario:

No really, I really hate when it happen to me, FeelsBadMan.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh yeah, if anyone was wondering, I can confirm that yes ARMS does have individual character endings. I know that was a big point if contention earlier this month but there are character endings for all 10 characters.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This makes up for the severe lack of Clair fanart.

They upload the clean illustrations of these sometime after, right?
Yep, there will be clean illustrations of the Cipher art posted at a later date. Not sure how long it takes to do so though, but hopefully it won't be long.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out if Batman and Robin didn't do horribly in the box office, we would have gotten Nicholas Cage as Scarecrow and Madonna as Harley Quinn in the sequel

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'll never get the sentiment of "please buy this game so the series will continue" and how people will claim this is "important" for the franchise like a bunch of people did when Dchoes was announced.
Like, yeah, I get that you want the series to be successful and get more games but people should only buy it if they feel interested in the game themselves, even if they're big fans of it.

I keep talking about EO and how people should give them a try(also did I mention EOIV is on sale again??) but that's because I want more people to PLAY it, not BUY it.
More games are cool and all but if it ends, well, it ends and I'd rather have people play it so they can enjoy the games like I did and have people to talk about it but I can't force people to support a game they won't enjoy.

Not related but I think like this is the greatest thing I have ever taken out of context
View attachment 130857

In this case, there's still interest. And the more a game sells, the more the companies who own that game would want to make a sequel

D

Deleted member

In this case, there's still interest. And the more a game sells, the more the companies who own that game would want to make a sequel
I get that(as I said already), but I don't get why people feel the need to go around saying "it's important to buy this game" like they're obligated to support a series.
It's the game company's own responsibility to market a game and make sure it sells well, not the fans. All the fans have to do are to buy it or not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I get that(as I said already), but I don't get why people feel the need to go around saying "it's important to buy this game" like they're obligated to support a series.
It's the game company's own responsibility to market a game and make sure it sells well, not the fans. All the fans have to do are to buy it or not.

FSG wanted Metroid to get more attention, so the only way Nintendo will do that is if the franchise proves it deserves attention. By selling well. Meaning the starfall or whatever it was called is completely invalidated considering how hyped people are for both of these games, all we need to do is show that there's a market, people want the product and more of it.

btw, I haven't got a Switch, but I'm ABSOLUTELY maining All Might whenever I get ARMS. Maybe the other DLC characters will be cool

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been collecting gems in Gravity Rush 2 for the past hour or so and god damn this game is hell for a klepto like me.

IMG_20170617_180810.jpg

D

Deleted member

Mae is back to getting normal hit rates
**** you too game
So, can enemies not walk in the area Celica starts Act 3 at? I was hoping to see if it had an unique map like the North Zofia Gate.
FSG wanted Metroid to get more attention, so the only way Nintendo will do that is if the franchise proves it deserves attention. By selling well. Meaning the starfall or whatever it was called is completely invalidated considering how hyped people are for both of these games, all we need to do is show that there's a market, people want the product and more of it.

btw, I haven't got a Switch, but I'm ABSOLUTELY maining All Might whenever I get ARMS. Maybe the other DLC characters will be cool
But it's not the fans' responsibility to do that.
Hype around it will cause the game to spread but trying to market a game so it can sell when you don't work for Nintendo is not only doing their job for them but also stupid. Ever Oasis is going to bomb because Nintendo absolutely failed at marketing it, if they don't learn from it, it's they who are losing money and a potential money-maker. Splatoon succeeded mostly thanks to all the marketing Nintendo did to it.
No one here works for Nintendo and we shouldn't act like we do.

Want more people to play Metroid? Talk about it and give people reason to do so, you're not marketing a game, you're recommending it to others because you also want them to enjoy this experience you love so much.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'd really like to know why the ZSNES can't save a single freaking save state, and why internal saving doesn't freaking work either.

I just wasted a few hours of my life playing Earthbound, and even with saving (or so I thought), the freaking save feature didn't work and all my progress got erased. It's bs.

Word to the wise: ZSNES is crap. There are better emulators out there. Apparently others have had issues with this emulator as well.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I just found out if Batman and Robin didn't do horribly in the box office, we would have gotten Nicholas Cage as Scarecrow and Madonna as Harley Quinn in the sequel
Actually it was gonna be Goldblum as Scarecrow. It would have been amazing.
Why does this sound like something from those joke dirty confessions pages on Tumblr.
Because those pages are great

D

Deleted member

I'd really like to know why the ZSNES can't save a single freaking save state, and why internal saving doesn't freaking work either.

I just wasted a few hours of my life playing Earthbound, and even with saving (or so I thought), the freaking save feature didn't work and all my progress got erased. It's bs.

Word to the wise: ZSNES is crap. There are better emulators out there. Apparently others have had issues with this emulator as well.
It doesn't? I'm pretty sure that's the one I used and it had save states.
Still, the interface is **** and confusing.
Why can't more Emulators be like VisualBoy Advance? That thing is so simple and organized, it's beautiful.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It doesn't? I'm pretty sure that's the one I used and it had save states.
Still, the interface is **** and confusing.
Why can't more Emulators be like VisualBoy Advance? That thing is so simple and organized, it's beautiful.

I don't know...I'm trying to shift files around on my laptop right now to make sure Earthbound and the emu weren't placed into a "read-only" location.

And it is confusing. I hate the ZSNES, and I only have the stupid thing for Earthbound. I've had to look up tutorial after tutorial to make sure I'm doing everything right, but even then I'm not sure if I am.

I just want to play a single game. That's it, and yet this damn emulator is making my life harder :mad::rolleyes:

Chrono.

The release date for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on the Nintendo Switch is September 7, 2017 in Japan.

The NA and EU versions will probably come out around the same time.

No word on whether it'll include the DLC or not.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's on the New 3DS and Wii U vc so eh
I don't either of those. I'm too poor right now to afford either of them. I'll have to start working again before I can buy any of that.

Edit: With the new 3ds, my brother owns one, apparently. As long as he's willing enough to let me borrow his, I might be able to get it. But if not, well...I'm still stuck in this hole.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got Earthbound for free back then on my Wii U through Club Nintendo.
I also got Punch Out, Balloon Fight, Super Mario Bros., Kirby Super Star, and Kid Icarus 3D Classics.
It's insulting how bad My Nintendo is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Like I promised, it's Attack on Titan Season 2 Finale review time!

I have waited four years to see Chapter 50 animated, and the wait was worth it. This episode was flat out beautiful!

The drama at the very beginning was heart-pounding. I had the sense of despair the moment Reiner started throwing Titans at the retreating Survey Corps as the Titans were devouring soldiers left and right, and some of these soldiers were doing all they can to protect Erwin. Yet, Erwin tells one of them, "I can always be replaced." Uh oh, that's a death flag!

The Connie, Sasha, Historia, and Ymir bits were pretty good too, and we even saw some action coming from Armin and Jean as they worked together to take out some Titans. But then a Titan was thrown in front of them and knocked Jean out of his horse, to the point he got knocked out! Armin jumped off his horse like a boss, but things were looking tough because Armin could only stand by a tree and swoosh Titans away with one sword to make sure none of the Titans would eat Jean.

And now the real highlight of the episode. Eren and Mikasa were knocked into the ground by the thrown Titans. As they get up, they notice a familiar, horrifying sight from five years ago: The Smiling Titan, the same Titan that killed Eren's mom. As the Titan reaches to grab Eren and Mikasa, Hannes intervenes to save them. He swears that he will avenge Carla's death by killing that very Titan, and he proceeds to fight it. Eren and Mikasa can only watch due to their incapacitation (Mikasa broke her ribs last episode, while Eren's hands still need to regenerate).

As Hannes tries to injure the Titan, Mikasa unties Eren's arms He tries to bite his hands, but he can't transform because he is still recovery. This was one new scene added to the anime, and I liked that. In the manga, we only saw bite marks on Eren's hands at the scene, indicating what he was doing without showing it. Here, we see him bite first hand, but unlike the anime-exclusive when Eren goes berserk in desperation and defeats Annie because of it, we have the opposite here. No matter how hard Eren bites his hand, he can't transform into his Titan to fight the Smiling Titan. Things really aren't looking good for our heroes.

As Hannes finally slices the Smiling Titan's heels so that it kneels on the ground, tragedy strikes:

Hannes dies, and unlike the manga, we see the full scene how the Smiling Titan devours him. It's a parallel to Carla's death, except this time, it eats Hannes starting from the legs up rather than head first. Eren and Mikasa can only watch as they see their life-long father/uncle-figure get eaten, and then Eren breaks down.

Seriously, Yuki Kaji became my favorite Japanese VA after this scene. This guy is amazing. He KNOWS how to deliver emotional grief out of characters, and it really shows in this scene. Eren's hysterical crying and the way he curses himself for failing to save Hannes gave me chills. Someone needs to give Kaji an Oscar for such an amazing performance.

As Mikasa watches Eren grieve, she turns to Eren and tells him:

What follows is the most beautiful scene in the series at this point, a scene that left me on the verge of tears:

Eremika is canon boys!

While I do not care for Mikasa very much as a character (nor do I dislike/hate her), I couldn't help but like her in this scene. Mikasa gave such a heartfelt confession, and she looked really pretty throughout it. I mean, just look at these shots:

She's gorgeous!

And she almost kissed Eren!

Unfortunately, the kiss didn't happen since Eren got up right then and there, but he understands her affection. He tells her that he will wrap the scarf around her as many times as he likes. Ladies and gentleman, this is character development for Eren! Remember when Eren used to be rude to Mikasa and kept shoving away all of her attempts at caring for him? Now, we finally see Eren kindly treat Mikasa, and he does it in the best way: by finally protecting her like a man, just like what Carla told Eren to do in the flashback we saw at the beginning of the season. I can tell you that starting from this scene onward, you will no longer see Eren being mean to Mikasa. He treats her well from now on!

As Eren gets up when the odds seem against him, his hands regenerate, and he punches the Titan. What follows is this epic scene:

Yep, Eren can command Titans! This is known as the Coordinate, the power that Reiner and Bertolt were talking about.

He just awoke this power, so it's new deal, but man was it the epic. The way how his punch synced with the Titan running was awesome, followed with all those Titans charging toward the Smiling Titan and then killing it. Eren then screams at Reiner and Bertolt as they move toward him, causing the Titans that were devouring the Smiling Titan to chase after Reiner and Bertolt. One attention to detail I really liked that we didn't see in the manga is that the Titans' eyes are glowing red when Eren uses the Coordinate, showing how they are under Eren's control.

As the Survey Corps and the other military members finally start their retreat, Armin brings Eren and Mikasa a horse. Tears are shown running down Armin's face, and I can't blame Armin for crying. He watched Hannes die in the distance, and he thought Eren and Mikasa were about to be eaten, so he was happy to see his two closest friends made it out alive.

Ymir also bids farewell to Historia to join Reiner and Bertolt. She gives Historia a cute tap on the head with a finger while saying "sorry," and then she runs away. A creepy but cute lullaby plays in the background during this farewell and into the scene when we see the other soldiers retreat. There's a cute flashback of little Eren, Mikasa, and Armin having fun with Hannes to hammer the feels from Hannes's death.

Following a commercial break, we see that Reiner, Bertolt, and Ymir managed to survive the onslaught of Titans that went after them. There was some nice dialogue between the three, but it raises the death flags on Ymir.

We then have a few scenes on what's happened since the battle concluded. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Jean talk about the Coordinate. Armin suggests that the Titans moved toward the Smiling Titan and then Reiner because of what Eren did. As Jean tells him to be more responsible from here on out because of that power, Eren vows to never hesitate again.

Meanwhile, Hange and Connie visit Erwin, who is recovering from his wounds and is being attended by Levi and Pixis. Hange and Connie reveal that the Titans that appeared in Ragako Village were indeed once humans that came from there (evident by how the Titan at Connie's house looks exactly like his mom). As Levi expresses disappointment by saying that he can't believe he was killing humans, Erwin lets out a smile. What's that smile about, Erwin?

The final part of the episode shows all of the Survey Corps soldiers standing on top of buildings. It then transitions to show a bunch of Titans past Wall Rose before reaching Wall Maria itself. There, we see the Beast Titan on top of it, and a human can be seen coming out of it and watching the surroundings. Upon closer inspection, we learn...

The Beast Titan is a Titan Shifter! What you see here is the Beast Titan's human form.

Well, it's not really a surprise since it was easy to figure out before hand, but hey, what a great cliffhanger to end the season!

Fun fact: this scene with the Beast Titan was the same cliffhanger that was used in the end of the next arc following the one Season 2 covered. Throwing that cliffhanger to the end of this arc implies season 3 really will be two cours. Another thing I appreciate about the new placement of this cliffhanger is that it makes up for the Beast Titan's absence since Episode 5. Viewers now have a reason to watch Season 3. They want to know who this mysterious person's identity and goal.

I also need to check if the Beast Titan's human form is still voiced by Dio. If it still is, that would be hype.

10/10 episode overall! This episode adapted Chapter 50 of the manga perfectly, and some of the newly-added anime additions to some scenes even made it better. Hannes's death was quite sad, and we saw desperation in many scenes. I also liked the bits of Chapter 51 thrown in the end. Eren and Mikasa's moment was the big highlight, and we see not only Eren awaken an awesome new power but also him developing as a character by finally standing up for Mikasa and not being mean to her. The music was awesome, and so was the soundtrack. My emotions ran wild throughout it, and it kept me glued to the screen. This was an awesome way to end the season!

Already hyped to see Season 3 next year!

Now I am currently debating whether or not I should write an overall review of AoT Season 2.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
lmao Smash veterans trying ARMS are apparently trying to make 'defaults only' a rule
I can feel the breeze from the point of ARMS whooshing over their heads, LOL.

As an aside, if people had cared more about custom moves in Smash I think Nintendo might have bothered to balance them better.

D

Deleted member

lmao Smash veterans trying ARMS are apparently trying to make 'defaults only' a rule
I... *sigh* you know how competitive Smash 4 could have been much more fun if Customs were allowed? Now they're doing it again... on a game that is balanced around the various different Arms and mixing them out.
And it's only going to make it boring because every character will only have 3 possible arms.

Didn't we learn with Palutena's terrible defaults and the pointless defaults of the Miis?

Then they're gonna complain about the game not being competitive-friendly...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I... *sigh* you know how competitive Smash 4 could have been much more fun if Customs were allowed? Now they're doing it again... on a game that is balanced around the various different Arms and mixing them out.
And it's only going to make it boring because every character will only have 3 possible arms.

Didn't we learn with Palutena's terrible defaults and the pointless defaults of the Miis?

Then they're gonna complain about the game not being competitive-friendly...

Customs were worthless thanks to how tedious it was to unlock them. Something like MKX's variations would be much better

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, if anyone was wondering, I can confirm that yes ARMS does have individual character endings. I know that was a big point if contention earlier this month but there are character endings for all 10 characters.
It does? I'm pretty sure Andre from GX said they didn't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom