• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
When you've got retroactively rare and expensive Amiibo in unopened boxes from getting them on impulse for no reason forever ago and you don't have any backups, but they're the single most useful Amiibo in the world right now and the spoils keep getting harder to resist.

Nggggggggh.

And why do all those Amiibo rewards for stuff I definitely don't own have to keep looking so good when I don't want to spend the money on them?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For some reason, I save a screenshot of nearly every summoning I do in FE Heroes.

This is probably the best one I ever had.

EDIT: Aaand the servers are having issues again.

I should really stop popping in to this site because this seems to specifically happen every time I do. I'm a lingering curse.:grrr:

EDIT2: Never mind it's working now.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
2nd FE Heroes Quiz:

According to people on SF it's, “What are bows effective against?”
  • Cavalry units
  • Infantry units
  • Armoured units
  • Flying units

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
2nd FE Heroes Quiz:

According to people on SF it's, “What are bows effective against?”
  • Cavalry units
  • Infantry units
  • Armoured units
  • Flying units
Armoured units. Obviously. Everyone knows this one, right?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently the tweet about the four Yoshi recolours states that there will be more characters besides them.

This is coming from a random reply on Twitter and I can't tell if the guy can actually translate Japanese or if he's somehow getting that from the crap Twitter translation, so take with a grain of salt for now. Hopefully there are more though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

If the translation of the tweet is to be believed...

Seems they've gone back to being lazy and resting on their laurels again. Because it seems like these are the "new" characters.

What bothers me is that they're doing well with FE Heroes (it has some issues but you can feel the effort being put into it), so it's not like you can say they don't know how to keep their games alive in the mobile market. They're absolutely squandering the potential of this game, especially considering it's their premier franchise.
Wake me up inside. I...

Forget it, I'm not singing that old song. But still, recolors is just as bad as Gold Mario. They probably didn't even want to put more effort in unique models.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wake me up inside. I...

Forget it, I'm not singing that old song. But still, recolors is just as bad as Gold Mario. They probably didn't even want to put more effort in unique models.
They might still be adding more characters so that will redeem it if they do.

But it's not like they have to create new models for this game, I'm fairly certain the models in the game as is are the same ones the NSMB series has used since NSMB Wii.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Andy won. Simple as that. But I can say Sami was pretty close and Sturm was left in the dust by Infanty & Tank (Thank the Assist Trophy). Not that I expected much since the Advance Wars series is in a coma compared to its lively brother.

This one might be a little risky, but I'm doing one last poll for the Wars series (even though there's only one vote within the last hour). Your choices are Max, Jake, Will, and Hawke. That's two protagonists from other eras, another OG Orange Star CO, and an important Black Hole member.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Probably going to tag you again just to critique Ura Ura .

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

If the translation of the tweet is to be believed...

Seems they've gone back to being lazy and resting on their laurels again. Because it seems like these are the "new" characters.

What bothers me is that they're doing well with FE Heroes (it has some issues but you can feel the effort being put into it), so it's not like you can say they don't know how to keep their games alive in the mobile market. They're absolutely squandering the potential of this game, especially considering it's their premier franchise.
I think Twitter uses Bing Translator, which is kind of eh for Japanese translation, I think. Actual translation is more like:
"Yoshi takes on a new appearance with these new playable characters!
In addition to the current Green, you can now choose from these four colours: Red, Blue, Yellow and Purple!
With these, it's easier to get the same colour Toad in the Toad Rally!"

So it doesn't explicitly state that there are more new characters besides these, but it also doesn't say that these are the only new characters to come. At least that's what I'm getting from it, I could be wrong.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Twitter uses Bing Translator, which is kind of eh for Japanese translation, I think. Actual translation is more like:
"Yoshi takes on a new appearance with these new playable characters!
In addition to the current Green, you can now choose from these four colours: Red, Blue, Yellow and Purple!
With these, it's easier to get the same colour Toad in the Toad Rally!"

So it doesn't explicitly state that there are more new characters besides these, but it also doesn't say that these are the only new characters to come. At least that's what I'm getting from it, I could be wrong.
Well, it not outright saying that there are more to come certainly isn't very encouraging.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Mod edit: Linking to roms is not okay. Just posting spam is not okay either.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Wake me up inside. I...

People still complain about a bonus unlockable palette for Metal Mario that ties with the theme of the Gold Kart Pieces when we've got:
-Five new racers: Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, King Boo, Inkling Girl (and palettes for her), Inkling Boy (and palettes for him)
-Three new vehicles: one for Bowser Jr., one for both Inklings
-Completely revamped Battle Mode with five different games: a proper Balloon Battle, Bob-Omb Blast (from Double Dash), Shine Thief (from Double Dash), Coin Runners (last seen in 7), and Renegade Roundup (new game)
-Eight Battle Mode tracks to go with the revamped mode: Battle Stadium, Sweet Sweet Kingdom, Dragon Palace, Lunar Colony, Wuhu Town 3DS, Luigi's Mansion GCN, Battle Course 1 SNES, Urchin Underpass (based on Splatoon)
-Two new items: Boo and Feather
-The ability to carry two items at a time
-Smart Steering for the noobs

to go with it?

It may be the wrong game, but Sakurai's comparison to people complaining about free dessert seems very apt here.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That was a decent couple of play sessions, within the past few hours of gameplay I found about 6 shrines, now I'm down to about 5...Assuming the exact number is 120 in the game of course...it's going to be tricky trying to pinpoint areas I haven't explored very much since I've been pretty much everywhere in the game at this point...

I want to try to do this without looking it up either, but I feel like this may take a while...not that I'm complaining even when I don't find any shrines it's still fun to explore and find other things along the way...Still finding koroks pretty much everywhere but still nowhere near the whole amount in the game, I want to try to at least find 300 of them...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Andy won. Simple as that. But I can say Sami was pretty close and Sturm was left in the dust by Infanty & Tank (Thank the Assist Trophy). Not that I expected much since the Advance Wars series is in a coma compared to its lively brother.

This one might be a little risky, but I'm doing one last poll for the Wars series (even though there's only one vote within the last hour). Your choices are Max, Jake, Will, and Hawke. That's two protagonists from other eras, another OG Orange Star CO, and an important Black Hole member.

Dat one vote for Max tho. It's as if Andy and Sami are the only characters that matters the most for Advance Wars.

Then that's good. At least he won't suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of forgettable CO's. As if Sturm losing to generic units weren't "funny" enough.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I reclaimed Divine Beast Van Medoh last night.

Definitely a fun dungeon, and probably the easiest one I experienced thus far. This time, the main gimmick is that you need to tilt Van Medoh at 45 degree angles at different times to proceed. It was fairly easy to figure out which tilt direction you needed to go with in order to proceed. I will admit I was confused where to find one terminal room at one point, but that's because I noticed it was under the wing. There was a similar room like that in the opposite wing, except it was easier to spot because there was Malice close to it.

Windblight Ganon was pretty easy. Bomb Arrows did most of the job, and it was pretty easy to dodge most of its attack. Even the second phase wasn't hard at all, as all you had to do was outrun the beam blasts. I even managed to knock it out of the sky when I flew into the air and fired a Bomb Arrow at its face.

And thus, I freed Revali's spirit so that he could use it against Ganon. With each terminal reclaimed, he seemed to grow more surprised at Link's ability, to the point he could now trust him. Also, this Rito is a pun master: "It defeated me a 100 years ago, but only because I was winging it." There was also, "Well, I'll be plucked."

Van Medoh also lands on the top of the rock above Rito Village. That has to be both a scary yet awesome sight at the same time!

With Van Medoh reclaimed, I got the Great Eagle Bow, and wow, this bow is pretty good! It's just like the Forest Dweller Bow in that it can fire three arrows at once, but it is much stronger. You also don't need 5 pieces of flint if you want to repair it: 5 pieces of woods are used instead.

I did a few more shrines in the region. The first involved flying to the south of Rito Village and firing a Fire Arrow at the pedestial at 12:40 PM, and the second one involved gathering all the Rito children and using their song as a clue to figure out the order which tube should wind be blown through.

I'll be taking care of all the shrines in the Hebra region later today, and possibly into tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The latest Samurai Jack episode was great.

I hate to say this but Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion had a much better impersonator of Aku than this reboot did. :(

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
People still complain about a bonus unlockable palette for Metal Mario that ties with the theme of the Gold Kart Pieces when we've got:
-Five new racers: Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, King Boo, Inkling Girl (and palettes for her), Inkling Boy (and palettes for him)
-Three new vehicles: one for Bowser Jr., one for both Inklings
-Completely revamped Battle Mode with five different games: a proper Balloon Battle, Bob-Omb Blast (from Double Dash), Shine Thief (from Double Dash), Coin Runners (last seen in 7), and Renegade Roundup (new game)
-Eight Battle Mode tracks to go with the revamped mode: Battle Stadium, Sweet Sweet Kingdom, Dragon Palace, Lunar Colony, Wuhu Town 3DS, Luigi's Mansion GCN, Battle Course 1 SNES, Urchin Underpass (based on Splatoon)
-Two new items: Boo and Feather
-The ability to carry two items at a time
-Smart Steering for the noobs

to go with it?

It may be the wrong game, but Sakurai's comparison to people complaining about free dessert seems very apt here.
The comparison is there because they are recolors. At least I can understand Golden Mario, it's a free dessert. But recolors of Yoshi's being treated as separate characters in the update of a mobile game when there are other Mario characters to choose from? Mediocre.

But getting upset over a mobile game is kind of dumb anyway. Even some some friends pointed that out earlier.

Dat one vote for Max tho. It's as if Andy and Sami are the only characters that matters the most for Advance Wars.

Then that's good. At least he won't suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of forgettable CO's. As if Sturm losing to generic units weren't "funny" enough.
Like I've said, they are at least recognizable because of the AT. Not that many really clamored for more than just Andy and Sami. Thus Strum's defeat makes sense.

Honestly, I felt this secondary poll wasn't worth it when these characters are seen as only memorable to hardcore Advance Wars fans. But at least with Animal Crossing in a few hours, this one will be different.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

So it looks like we'll have an early shot at the Michalis battle...though it's only available for 45 minutes. And really early in the morning for Americans.

There's also milestone awards for lots of players clearing the maps:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
They might still be adding more characters so that will redeem it if they do.

But it's not like they have to create new models for this game, I'm fairly certain the models in the game as is are the same ones the NSMB series has used since NSMB Wii.
dosent that mean the only characters the wouldnt have to work on are bowser jr and nabbit?

D

Deleted member

I decided to check on the MAL page of 91 Days for some reason and
>Checks forum discussion
>"New episode coming, Day 13"
"Probably just a joke"
>Link to the official site
>Sees this
WHAT
wHAT THE ACTUAL ****!? HOLY **** I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW IT
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo you're the only one I can share this hype with

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Out of those 4 characters it would come down to either Will, Max, or Hawke. Jake honestly has very little importance to the series as I mentioned before and he was only a co-lead in his game. Not to mention the fact that's he's pretty much Edgelord Andy.

Max could be a viable 2nd character choice after Andy but if AW was to get a 2nd character (which I doubt it would even get 1 in the first place) it would go to a female character like Sami or a villain like Sturm.

Hawke has some potential given he plays a pivotal role at the end of both AW2 and AW3 and his motives for the most part are a mystery other than the fact that he just likes to test his abilities against other CO's. Being the only anti-villain in the series he would make for a neat addition though maybe not over Sturm.

Will has a chance to get in the game if there were a 2nd character added in given he represents a completely different universe than the happy-go lucky Wars World universe. If Intelligent Systems were to ever build upon the Days of Ruin universe (which is assuming IS would ever make a new Advance Wars game ever again lol) then that could seriously boost his chances of becoming playable.

So TL : DR...

Fire Emblem Andy (AKA Will) > Hawke ~ Max > Edgelord Andy (AKA Jake)

D

Deleted member

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
Major spoilers for MHXX, but holy ****, the final G-rank final boss looks amazing. In fact, there's so much going on in a certain phase that expect heavy frame drops on the normal 3DS.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
welp...Time to avoid Youtube until I finish the game, starting to see end game spoilers in thumbnails...

Nothing too major was spoiled for me but don't want to take any more chances...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is my favourite Twitter post.

I was so confused until I realised what Sonamy was. lol

لگتا ہے پاکستانیوں کو سونامی پسند نہیں

Ivander

Smash Legend
That moment when you see how one thing and another thing can work great together, yet you can't do this combination as you don't have the necessary things to try it yet. :skull::smash:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What's this about? :confused:
Will is pretty much a Fire Emblem character in an Advance Wars game. Which is why I call him Fire Emblem Andy.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
While I can't blame Advance War's obscurity, three total votes for one poll is quite disappointing. Will could have won, but it was Max that beat him. I guess they probably like the big bloke's physique.

Rambling aside, we are now Animal Crossing. That's right, the happiest place in the world where you can interact with your furry neighbors. Your choices are Tom Nook (@ZestyÑ), Isabelle ( Opossum Opossum ), Mr. Resetti, and KK Slider. Maybe this will make things a bit more fun.

Now to continue watching Kamen Rider. You can thank Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen for finally getting me into the series.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
While I can't blame Advance War's obscurity, three total votes for one poll is quite disappointing.
Maybe it's the fact that the series has been dormant for so long and that it gets little to no promotion other than IS bringing the series up from time to time.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Maybe it's the fact that the series has been dormant for so long and that it gets little to no promotion other than IS bringing the series up from time to time.
Pretty much. That is the sad truth for the series.

Or Andy and Sami are pretty much the only characters that matter for the hardcore and casual Nintendo fanbase (or Smash speculators in general).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just watched the new Samurai Jack episode.

All I have to say is holy ****. Genndy's going all out with this season.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone know about "Health benefits of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar"?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just watched the new Samurai Jack episode.

All I have to say is holy ****. Genndy's going all out with this season.
But let's not forget the best part.

Aku uses literal self psychology to make himself feel better. I just wonder when he stopped caring about Jack though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
Major spoilers for MHXX, but holy ****, the final G-rank final boss looks amazing. In fact, there's so much going on in a certain phase that expect heavy frame drops on the normal 3DS.
oohhh my god. I cant wait to see that on my 3DS
I decided to check on the MAL page of 91 Days for some reason and
>Checks forum discussion
>"New episode coming, Day 13"
"Probably just a joke"
>Link to the official site
>Sees this

WHAT
wHAT THE ACTUAL ****!? HOLY **** I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW IT
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo you're the only one I can share this hype with
oooh **** son:088:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pretty much. That is the sad truth for the series.

Or Andy and Sami are pretty much the only characters that matter for the hardcore and casual Nintendo fanbase (or Smash speculators in general).
It's a pity because so much can be done for the series that goes unnoticed because of the dumb mentality IS has.

Pretty much. Whenever Wars representation gets brought up it's usually those 2 characters as well as Infantry & Tanks from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom