• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This tweet has appeared multiple times in my timeline and I can't stop laughing whenever it pops up.
It's so amazingly spot-on.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know if anyone watched last two episodes of the Sun and Moon anime, but for some anime news, Mount Kiawe has officially erupted two episodes ago!
And yet another moment where the animation in Sun and Moon truly shines!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Eh, found the Hylian Sheild...

I have so many Royal Sheilds I kinda don't even need it but still, cool to complete the set of the Master Sword and Hylian Sheild!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i really think you expect too much out of a smartphone game
How is expecting them to be able to re-use existing models, animations and mechanics to make more characters playable, "expecting too much", especially considering most of the assets in the game are old assets anyway?

Even if they had to make them from scratch, I wouldn't call it "expecting too much". There's a lot of quality mobile games with a lot of effort put into them (including Fire Emblem Heroes), and a lot of them come from much smaller studios than Nintendo, and yet they manage to do so much more.

Maybe people should start having standards as opposed to just accepting everything Nintendo does.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The boss of Vah Naboris and the entering Vah Naboris bit are frustrating as hell.
Thunderblight Ganon was IMO the hardest of the four main bosses, but that was mainly because I was unable to just snipe it with Arrows the entire time, and at that point in the game I was useless at dodging and shield parries, so it did give me quite a hard time...

However entering Naboris for me was the easiest of the four as I was able to just snipe all four of it's feet in one sweep...

As for the dungeon itself, I want to say it was the hardest but I was never really stuck, just confused by the layout...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thunderblight Ganon was IMO the hardest of the four main bosses, but that was mainly because I was unable to just snipe it with Arrows the entire time, and at that point in the game I was useless at dodging and shield parries, so it did give me quite a hard time...

However entering Naboris for me was the easiest of the four as I was able to just snipe all four of it's feet in one sweep...

As for the dungeon itself, I want to say it was the hardest but I was never really stuck, just confused by the layout...
Entering Naboris was a pain. Half the time when I got close enough to it I was either flying into the other legs or out of the barrier when the lightning dropped. I could only able to get to half the terminals because of Revali's Gale.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The boss of Vah Naboris and the entering Vah Naboris bit are frustrating as hell.
Bleh, I floundered through both but I can't really judge them.

I can't drive and shoot simultaneously on anything to save my life and I think I must have approached the boss wrong.

There's a sidequest that involves getting something that's practically impossible without a sand seal that I thought was much harder, at least Vah Naboris doesn't give you a three second window to do a complete 180 to hit it.

Also, shooting while on a horse. Not quite as bad in theory, but when the game expects you to get a perfect score on a minigame in order to unlock a cosmetic item. . .Let's just say that after Guardians, Lynels, and gosh knows what else, that was the only time the game's durability system really started shredding through my stuff like paper and I started having arrow shortages. Not as in running out, I do that all the time, As in running out of shops to even buy from. Don't think for a moment I gave up, though, I put that armor on one of my horses like a BADGE. I rise victorious over all challenges! *battle cry*

May have had to eventually use an Ancient Bow for the latter, though. Takes competing with the arc of the bow out of the equation and has great durability. Having one makes it easier to get one if you pair it with the armor and arrows, just be sure to go primarily after the FLYING Guardians because those are the only ones with a really good drop rate for the rarest requirement.

Also costs 1000 Rupees, but eh just go to the Hebra stable and start shooting wildlife in the face. Emphasis on "in the face," that dramatically reduces the number of arrows needed for the same supplies. Oh, and pick up the meat quickly before it freezes, that stuff sells better cooked. Sheikah Sensor + is also a massive help, take a picture of one of the major things and target it. Animals don't need a Blood Moon to respawn, so when in doubt, warp back to the stable and move out again.

Somehow that went from my thoughts to a tip list for an unrelated situation. Oh well.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Botw needs weapons buying/selling, weapon crafting and arrow crafting badly.
Well there's weapon buying/crafting combined at Akkala research.
It's not really needed though. The weapons are strong but you can get by just fine with what you find. The game basically throws weapons at you constantly, buying them or crafting them on the spot is kinda pointless.
Arrow crafting maybe but I always buy them from Beedle or other merchants when I'm low, so even running out of them isn't much of a problem.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd make a support thread for a character I want but I'm waiting until I know exactly what we're getting for a Switch Super Smash Bros. game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't know if anyone watched last two episodes of the Sun and Moon anime, but for some anime news, Mount Kiawe has officially erupted two episodes ago!

And yet another moment where the animation in Sun and Moon truly shines!
Speaking of that episode, but was it just me, or did that lady that featured in that detective show Ash, Kukui and Rotom where watching look quite a bit like Dahlia from Professor Layton and the Curious Village. The faces in that episode where great though.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah apart from crafting Ancient weapons, that's one area that kinda sucks...With a bit of exploring you do get weapons constantly, and if you know how to handle the overworld bosses it's a decent way to get more weapons as well without sacrificing too many of the weapons you have (Lynels and Molduga tend to give some pretty decent weapons)...but at the same time I would like to be able to keep some weapons...
The Champion's weapons are the only ones that can be repaired (though I'm keeping them in my house in Hateno)

Adding a smithy to the game that sells weapons as well as allows the player to craft and even repair weapons can really help at times...
To make it harder, only certain smithys can work on certain weapons...however the higher weapon classes can work on weaker weapons as well...
for example all the stables could have smithys that can craft and repair the Traveler's weapons, respective races could have smithys for their weapons, and on rare occasions you could find a 'master' weapon smith that can craft and repair Royal and Legendary weapons...

It's just one area that I can see be added in future games for sure...

as for Arrows, it's actually fairly easy to farm arrows from enemies, I spent about 20 minutes in one spot and ended up with over 300 until the enemy ran off for some reason...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There is one place, and my post hinted at it. Someone else already mentioned it, but here's the instructions.

Head to the top right of the world map, above a stable. There's a Guardian on the way, be careful. When he asks to see your scars, strip. Then you have to carry a blue flame before the shop unlocks.

IMO I'd buy and upgrade the armor all the way before tackling any weapons, but the choice is yours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The comparison is there because they are recolors. At least I can understand Golden Mario, it's a free dessert. But recolors of Yoshi's being treated as separate characters in the update of a mobile game when there are other Mario characters to choose from? Mediocre.

But getting upset over a mobile game is kind of dumb anyway. Even some some friends pointed that out earlier.
The Yoshis thing for the mobile game, eh. I don't really care that much about Run anyway, and as much as I would like to see peeps like Wario and Waluigi in the "NSMB" style with Run, I'm not holding my breath for it. If anything, I feel the fact we got anyone other than Mario, Luigi and Toad is miraculous in itself and I'm more surprised we got more Yoshis before getting Blue and Yellow Toad.

I guess I could see Nabbit being added later, but at the same time his gimmick of literally bypassing enemies kind of breaks the point of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Anime BenchWatch part 7:Uchuuu Patrol Luluco or Space Patrol Luluco
Pure chaos and madness.The only words i can use to describe this show and tbh knowing the studio im not sure what else i expected.Space Patrol Luluco is basically a love letter to every done by Studio trigger and even some parts of Gainax.Kill la kill and gurren lagann references up the ass,crazy action,crazy plot, all that comes with the name studio trigger is here and multiplied by 1000.However beneath the craziness and action theres a sweet plot about how not to give up on love and accept the abnorm as norm. Each episode is only 7 minutes and its only 13 episodes takes about an hour and i say if your a fan of off the wall craziness and or love studio trigger as much as i do you'll find some enjoyment here.

7/10

Next up:K-On(+Ova's and Movie)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah apart from crafting Ancient weapons, that's one area that kinda sucks...With a bit of exploring you do get weapons constantly, and if you know how to handle the overworld bosses it's a decent way to get more weapons as well without sacrificing too many of the weapons you have (Lynels and Molduga tend to give some pretty decent weapons)...but at the same time I would like to be able to keep some weapons...
The Champion's weapons are the only ones that can be repaired (though I'm keeping them in my house in Hateno)

Adding a smithy to the game that sells weapons as well as allows the player to craft and even repair weapons can really help at times...
To make it harder, only certain smithys can work on certain weapons...however the higher weapon classes can work on weaker weapons as well...
for example all the stables could have smithys that can craft and repair the Traveler's weapons, respective races could have smithys for their weapons, and on rare occasions you could find a 'master' weapon smith that can craft and repair Royal and Legendary weapons...

It's just one area that I can see be added in future games for sure...

as for Arrows, it's actually fairly easy to farm arrows from enemies, I spent about 20 minutes in one spot and ended up with over 300 until the enemy ran off for some reason...
I think the weapons shred too fast for a repair shop to be worth it, the game was clearly deliberately designed to not have constantly running back to a repair shop in the back of your mind and to just make you work with what the world gives you.

I wouldn't mind another shop or two or a place that applies buffs including Durability +, but repairs would require a complete rebalance of the game and probably have people sticking to one or two "high tier" weapons and then complaining about the lack of point in raiding enemies lategame.

Whether or not there's a solution to that issue I can't say, but it doesn't strike me as that easy to make every weapon worthwhile. Splatoon takes an unbreakable approach to weapons and that takes a dozen patches to make sure nothing's being completely overused by the fandom compared to everything else. The heck if a single player game would get that kind of attention to make sure people aren't leaning into an accidental game breaker, so unrepairable paper weapons it is.

Granted I practically have a "main" weapon with that free Royal Claymore that respawns on top of Woodland Tower after every Blood Moon mwahahah

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
It technically does.
In the top-right corner in Akkala. Doing the quest there unlocks a little shop where you can use Guardian pieces to make arrows, armor and weapons.
That being said, getting weapons is really not a problem.
-On the Woodland Tower, you can get a Royal Claymore on the top of the skull.
-In Zora's Domain, there is a Silver Sword behind the shrine.
-In the Gerudo Town in the barracks, you can get a Golden Bow.
-At the skeleton behind Death Mountain, you can find 2 Great Flameswords. One by itself at the inside of the skull and another one held by a Moblin.
-You can also get a Great Flamesword in the Labyrinth in the Top-right corner.
-You can get a Golden Claymore in the Labyrinth by the Gerudo area. It's stuck in the evil muck, so you'll need to use Kinesis to pull it out.
-There is a place with a Forest Dweller's Bow, one of the few that can shoot 3 arrows at once. I believe it was by one of the river areas, but I can't be sure at the moment.
-You can get a Meteor Rod in the Labyrinth in the Snow Mountains, as well as some good Lizal swords.
-When you get all 13 of your memories, all the Hinox start carrying Royal Weapons, including the very weak ones like the one by Kakariko. Heck, if you use the Sheikah armor, you can actually climb them without waking them up and actually steal the weapons off them. So you get very easy Royal Claymores, Royal Broadswords and Royal Bows.

And the big thing is that all of them respawn after a Blood Moon, even if you still currently have the previous weapon.
Edit: Oh, I almost forgot: The Combat Shrines are also renewed by a Blood Moon as well. You can go back to any Combat Test Shrines and re-fight any Guardians you've beaten and get their weapons from them, including the Modest and Major Shrines. The Guardians from those tests have pretty good weapons and shields. And for the Major Tests, you get 3 items from them after beating them, including some shrines that only give weapons.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... after 3 years of complete and utter lazyness, I will finally be playing Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze!

Despite having spoiled the bosses, a good chunk of the stages, and other aspects, I want to experience this game for myself anyway while I still don't have the Switch! Besides, there's always the possibility we'll get a 3rd Donkey Kong game from Retro in the near future; I want to prepare myself for the return of K. Rool and his Kremlings! :p

Even though its been 3 years, I saw Aetheri Aetheri playing the game at one point (about a couple of weeks or so ago) before he moved on to either BOTW or a different game, so its not like its a bad idea to want to play the game now... >_<

Last edited:

Chrono.

It technically does.
In the top-right corner in Akkala. Doing the quest there unlocks a little shop where you can use Guardian pieces to make arrows, armor and weapons.
That being said, getting weapons is really not a problem.
-On the Woodland Tower, you can get a Royal Claymore on the top of the skull.
-In Zora's Domain, there is a Silver Sword behind the shrine.
-In the Gerudo Town in the barracks, you can get a Golden Bow.
-At the skeleton behind Death Mountain, you can find 2 Great Flameswords. One by itself at the inside of the skull and another one held by a Moblin.
-You can also get a Great Flamesword in the Labyrinth in the Top-right corner.
-You can get a Golden Claymore in the Labyrinth by the Gerudo area. It's stuck in the evil muck, so you'll need to use Kinesis to pull it out.
-There is a place with a Forest Dweller's Bow, one of the few that can shoot 3 arrows at once. I believe it was by one of the river areas, but I can't be sure at the moment.
-You can get a Meteor Rod in the Labyrinth in the Snow Mountains, as well as some good Lizal swords.
-When you get all 13 of your memories, all the Hinox start carrying Royal Weapons, including the very weak ones like the one by Kakariko. Heck, if you use the Sheikah armor, you can actually climb them without waking them up and actually steal the weapons off them. So you get very easy Royal Claymores, Royal Broadswords and Royal Bows.

And the big thing is that all of them respawn after a Blood Moon, even if you still currently have the previous weapon.
Edit: Oh, I almost forgot: The Combat Shrines are also renewed by a Blood Moon as well. You can go back to any Combat Test Shrines and re-fight any Guardians you've beaten and get their weapons from them, including the Modest and Major Shrines. The Guardians from those tests have pretty good weapons and shields. And for the Major Tests, you get 3 items from them after beating them, including some shrines that only give weapons.
I only have 1 memory unlocked and Hinoxes already carry Royal weapons.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That Animal Crossing one was close, very very close. All it took was a nanosecond for Isabelle to get ahead of Nook just in time for closing. At least both characters seem like huge candidates for the next representative, one being the former face and the other being the ew face of the series.

Now this is Golden Sun time, something that might interest @Ura and @N3ON. We already know who's the most likely choice, but I have other protagonists and a certain villain there to see if there is interest in them. Isaac, Lost Age's Felix, Dark Dawn's Matthew, and the reoccurring baddie Alex are your choices.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

No need to rush since this one will run all night. At least until the appropriate sun rise tomorrow. That's a pretty funny coincidence.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That Animal Crossing one was close, very very close. All it took was a nanosecond for Isabelle to get ahead of Nook just in time for closing. At least both characters seem like huge candidates for the next representative, one being the former face and the other being the ew face of the series.
Damn it! So close. But at least our tanooki lord put up a good fight, so I'm completely satisfied.

We already know who makes the most sense, but I'm partially interested in Alex from the same series. It's a shame the guy never wants to fight you at all unlike Satauros.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well guys... after 3 years of complete and utter lazyness, I will finally be playing Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze!

Despite having spoiled the bosses, a good chunk of the stages, and other aspects, I want to experience this game for myself anyway while I still don't have the Switch! Besides, there's always the possibility we'll get a 3rd Donkey Kong game from Retro in the near future; I want to prepare myself for the return of K. Rool and his Kremlings! :p

Even though its been 3 years, I saw Aetheri Aetheri playing the game at one point (about a couple of weeks or so ago) before he moved on to either BOTW or a different game, so its not like its a bad idea to want to play the game now... >_<
Yeah after playing through the Primes this year I kept going with Retro studios and I had enough time to burn with Tropical Freeze before the Switch's release...

It was quite a fun game, I definitely enjoyed playing through it...Really solid level design, and a great soundtrack! I also found DK's voice quite hilarious in the game as well...

But it is also pretty frikkin challenging, its a stark reminder why I generally avoid playing a lot of sidescrollers like this (I don't particularly like having to play through the same part over and over again just to progress through it)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I woke up in a parallel universe where people were cheering on a Rosalina player at a big Smash Bros tournament.

And said player won, using the more aggressive, varied playstyle that I used to play when I played the game and have been saying Rosalina players should adopt since launch.

Someone pinch me.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

honestly hes probobly the easiest of the bunch just block him and then break his sheild with attacks the only real trouble came from the start of phase 2

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have a hard time deciding whether I like Spider-Man's 80's look more or his 90's look. He's a PSA example of what I'm talking about. Now, some artists make him look too young and skinny. Except the dude who does the Spider-Man/Deadpool art.These were written by Dwayne McDuffie(one of the main guys behind Milestone comics, and Static)of all people.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tiem to check the character speculation thread.

*locked Shantae thread*

But looks there's no Fiora one, that's my chance.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

*locked Shantae thread*

Do it and I'll be there to support her too.

I wouldn't bet on Rie coming back any time soon. She's been having her fair share of problems lately.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

*locked Shantae thread*

I intend on being the creator of the new Shantae thread as I was back then; I've just been lazy and have yet to open it up. Do not fear; I'll get to it. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom