• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That Animal Crossing one was close, very very close. All it took was a nanosecond for Isabelle to get ahead of Nook just in time for closing. At least both characters seem like huge candidates for the next representative, one being the former face and the other being the ew face of the series.

Now this is Golden Sun time, something that might interest Ura Ura and N3ON N3ON . We already know who's the most likely choice, but I have other protagonists and a certain villain there to see if there is interest in them. Isaac, Lost Age's Felix, Dark Dawn's Matthew, and the reoccurring baddie Alex are your choices.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

No need to rush since this one will run all night. At least until the appropriate sun rise tomorrow. That's a pretty funny coincidence.
Isaac of course. Felix and Matthew are no where near iconic. Alex shouldn't be in before the main hero as I mentioned before with Andy/Sturm.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Speaking of that episode, but was it just me, or did that lady that featured in that detective show Ash, Kukui and Rotom where watching look quite a bit like Dahlia from Professor Layton and the Curious Village. The faces in that episode where great though.
Upon looking at her again, she definitely resembles Dahlia quite a bit, especially the hairstyle.

Actually, the scene from the detective show that Ash, Kukui, and Rotom were watching looked like it came straight from the Professor Layton games. The detective standing amongst the subjects in question as he utters, "Someone was the mastermind behind this crime," then the detective dramatically points at the mastermind and saying, "And that person was you!", followed by the mastermind reacting with shock as the detective proceeds to explain the truth. It played out just like the Layton Deduction cutscenes in the games when Layton identifies the the true antagonist.

Something tells me one of the Sun and Moon writers must've been playing some Layton games recently.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I made this earlier in the week when I had to make a blog post about "Digital Marketing Strategies" for an assignment.

I thought some people here might find some enjoyment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Upon looking at her again, she definitely resembles Dahlia quite a bit, especially the hairstyle.

Actually, the scene from the detective show that Ash, Kukui, and Rotom were watching looked like it came straight from the Professor Layton games. The detective standing amongst the subjects in question as he utters, "Someone was the mastermind behind this crime," then the detective dramatically points at the mastermind and saying, "And that person was you!", followed by the mastermind reacting with shock as the detective proceeds to explain the truth. It played out just like the Layton Deduction cutscenes in the games when Layton identifies the the true antagonist.

Something tells me one of the Sun and Moon writers must've been playing some Layton games recently.
You dont know how happy this makes me

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That Animal Crossing one was close, very very close. All it took was a nanosecond for Isabelle to get ahead of Nook just in time for closing. At least both characters seem like huge candidates for the next representative, one being the former face and the other being the ew face of the series.

Now this is Golden Sun time, something that might interest Ura Ura and N3ON N3ON . We already know who's the most likely choice, but I have other protagonists and a certain villain there to see if there is interest in them. Isaac, Lost Age's Felix, Dark Dawn's Matthew, and the reoccurring baddie Alex are your choices.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

No need to rush since this one will run all night. At least until the appropriate sun rise tomorrow. That's a pretty funny coincidence.
I mean, yeah, I'd still go with Isaac. He's the face of the series, and his geomancy is pretty unique for what's currently on the roster. He's also by far the most popular and the best representation of the series as a whole. After that, even though Felix and Matthew are protagonists (though Matthew could exist fine simply as an costume swap given he's basically created to be Isaac 2.0), and even though they could still provide completely unique movesets, I'd go with Alex, given the diversity a Mercury Adept could provide with his water/ice attacks in comparison to more Earth-based stuff. Not to mention he is basically the series' antagonist.

But yeah, if any, gotta go with Isaac.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey I found a fifth fairy?
One of the fairies. . .isn't, LOL. You bloomed them all yet? The one that isn't a fairy is pretty obvious if you look at their map location. Love their character and design but have been too careful to actually need them. That extra layer to the music next to their fountain, tho ~

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Four more shrines!!!! Progress!!!

But the more I find the harder they are to locate... X|

Interesting little Snowball puzzle this one...

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
At my cousins' house today, I played all of the Smash DLC characters I could never afford to buy. I liked playing as :4mewtwo::4cloud::4ryu:, but :4bayonetta2::4lucas: were too hard to use.

Also, he traded me a Level 100 shiny Rayquaza with Pokerus for a Level 17 or so Dewpider.

You know, for as much **** as competitive TF2 update got, I just started playing competitive mode and the 2 games I had were the most fun i've had in the game in months

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm trying to make
&
character skins for the Puyo Puyo Vs. game. Making the art for them is easy but finding variety for their voices is a little challenge. So far I've tried Mario Kart: Double Dash!! & Mario Kart Wii but I think I got all I could for those games.

What are some good games that Wario and/or Waluigi appeared in that have a collection of voice clips that are hopefully more than just grunts and laughing (and preferably those games already have those voice clips ripped on the internet)?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I moved on to complete the Water, Fire, and Grass trials.

For the Water trial, I sent out Yun Yang to throw out a combination of Sand Attacks and Leers on Wishiwashi. Once Yun Yang fainted, Get Pecked was able to win by Plucking it twice.

For the Fire trial, I was going to Bulldoze the Salazzle and Salandit with Valley Girl, but she died with a single Flame Burst. I was able to beat them using Half Health's Rock Throw.

In the Grass trial, Lurantis' Solar Blade was doing strong damage against all of my Pokemon. I just had to outlast the Sunny Day and get off a Leer for Get Pecked to come in and win with Pluck.

Get Pecked and Valley Girl evolved within the same two battles.
Yun Yang (Level 27)
Get Pecked (Level 28)
Crabrawler (Level 26)
Ori isWithMe (Level 26)
Valley Girl (Level 26)
Half Health (Level 24)

Chrono.

Found something weird while randomly exploring Hyrule.

Was just kinda wandering around when I noticed this massive beam of green light emanate from a mountain, so naturally I had to go there. Easier said than done because the game just felt like making it rain all the time making it trickier to actually rock climb.

Anyhow, the closer I made it I noticed the general area becoming foggier and the lighting was brighter. Right near the summit the entire sky was looking like the same bright green I saw in at the bottom. When I make it to the source of the light, I notice a huge Cherry Blossom tree and a lake, suddenly a bunch of small glowing creatures appear (I had actually seen one of them before near the Great Fairy in Kakariko Village). Not long after I notice a glowing horse-like creature show up.

Naturally, I had to try to tame it. Sadly I was unsuccessful, I even got it to respawn twice before it disappeared for good (which also made the general atmosphere and lighting go back to normal).

So yeah, even though I was unsuccessful, I'm glad the game has mysterious events like this and I hope it's not the only one.

EDIT: Reading my own post and realizing how much it sounds like some fake rumor you'd hear at school.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, it's been awhile. I see a lot's changed.

And you totally didn't just see I edited out a failed joke.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Found something weird while randomly exploring Hyrule.

Was just kinda wandering around when I noticed this massive beam of green light emanate from a mountain, so naturally I had to go there. Easier said than done because the game just felt like making it rain all the time making it trickier to actually rock climb.

Anyhow, the closer I made it I noticed the general area becoming foggier and the lighting was brighter. Right near the summit the entire sky was looking like the same bright green I saw in at the bottom. When I make it to the source of the light, I notice a huge Cherry Blossom tree and a lake, suddenly a bunch of small glowing creatures appear (I had actually seen one of them before near the Great Fairy in Kakariko Village). Not long after I notice a glowing horse-like creature show up.

Naturally, I had to try to tame it. Sadly I was unsuccessful, I even got it to respawn twice before it disappeared for good (which also made the general atmosphere and lighting go back to normal).

So yeah, even though I was unsuccessful, I'm glad the game has mysterious events like this and I hope it's not the only one.

EDIT: Reading my own post and realizing how much it sounds like some fake rumor you'd hear at school.
Yeah I saw the same event...You just found the Lord of the Mountain!

I first ran into one of the Blupees shortly after I left the great plateau...I think it was the Forest of Time I was at...I tried to get a closer look but an Octorok scared it off...Was very intriuged about this glowing rabbit....then I saw another one at the same place you did by the great Fairy Fountain by Kakariko....There's also a sidequest that requires you to take a photo of one for somebody, I can't remember where this person is, if he's even at Kakariko or not...

Then while I was in teh area I managed to track down that glowing light myself, and imagine my surprise when I come across a bloody hourde of the things along with the horse-like Lord of the Mountain...

Was definitely an interesting experience that's for sure...One of the many surprises this game threw at me while exploring...

Trust me when I say this but there's plenty more events like this in the game...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Y'all know better than to say Betty White's dead.

She'll outlive all of us.
She's not dead.

She is making a sex tape with William Shatner apparently though
That would only be the second weirdest sex tape to leak this week.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Y'all know better than to say Betty White's dead.

She'll outlive all of us.

That would only be the second weirdest sex tape to leak this week.
Semi-relevant: Woods hosted SXSW, he was gold on the mic.
And of course their twitter account had to share an awkward image.

She knows.

Chrono.

Semi-relevant: Woods hosted SXSW, he was gold on the mic.
And of course their twitter account had to share an awkward image.

She knows.
Everything with Woods is gonna be awkward as hell (and unintentionally funny) for a while.

Though I did hear New Day might be off RAW till Mania.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What if the third gameplay mode in Sonic Forces is the Chao Garden
. . .I'd take it.

I doubt it, but I'd take it.

I mean. . .would they even count that if it was in since it's a whole other kind of genre and a bit of a sub-game? But yeah sure why not.

Chrono.

What if the third gameplay mode in Sonic Forces is the Chao Garden
Doubt it, but I've wonder how a Chao Garden mobile game would fare.

I also had this thought with Digimon, seeing as the series originated as Virtual pets (which still exist), it would be cool to have a Virtual Pet mobile app.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I love the saddles in BotW. There's not too many, but each one has it's own unique character.

In a sequel, I think I'd like to see the ones we have come back and for them to add a few more.

Maybe horseback riding enemies could have a couple that you could unlock by stealing their horses and registering them at least once? It seems like it'd fit the kind of do anything nature of BotW, and it'd give more of a reason to steal their horses than just "why not?"

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Like make a Chao Garden game I can sync between my phone version and my Xbox/Switch/Computer version

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
THREE SHRINES LEFT!!

I feel kind of silly for not doing this earlier but...
This was involving the Heirloom in Impa's House...completely forgot about it until I was exploring and found the pedestal in the forest where the Great Fairy resides near Kakariko...

Couldn't figure out how to get it before until I read the journal at the front of the house carefully...there was one task I hadn't finished which I required to get the heirloom...I simply needed to give one of the sheikah a bunch of fireflies...

Which then triggered an interesting little sidequest...Made good use of my Sheikah outfit as I had to follow suspicious folk in the village...
This reminded me a bit of the sidequest from Wind Waker involving the girl who was tampering with the safe, cept things are real this time...

Over 135 hours into the game and it's still surprising me...

Now for the remaining shrines...I think backtracking to other villages may prove fruitful as was the case here...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
...And that's two shrines left now...

I have no idea how I'm able to locate these so easily, but we'll see...
Link literally stands on a gawddamn hotplate and cooks himself nearly to death!!

Like quite literally he is on fire, burning to a crisp, and I required almost all of my hearts to be able to withstand the heat long enough to unlock the shrine...I had two and a half left out of like 26 hearts!!! So it good that I only just now found this quest cuz about a dozen shrines earlier I would've had issues...

This wasn't the first time I got a shrine quest from the Goron Blood Brothers, either...and based on what one of them said there's likely going to be one more coming...Though it's not guaranteed that it will yield a shrine of course but it will still be worth finding it and doing the challenge...I feel like it has something to do with swimming in lava or something silly like that...Link already dove into an active volcano and roasted himself on a hotplate so I'm sure it's nothing he can't handle I suppose...:p
I'm gonna call it a night for now though...

To think I put so much time into the game and I haven't even gone after Ganon yet...And there's still DLC to come!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Everything with Woods is gonna be awkward as hell (and unintentionally funny) for a while.

Though I did hear New Day might be off RAW till Mania.
May Based Haitch have mercy on his career and the ND stable.

INB4
buried.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently white people use the word "Maki" as meaning "Kappa Maki", completely ignoring the fact Kappa Maki isn't the only kind of Maki.

This one English guy on a science channel calling out people that calling the raw fish in sushi "Sushi" instead of "Sashimi" only to misuse the word "Maki"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mass Effect: Andromeda is getting reviews that go all over the place.

High is 9.5. Low is 5.5

Average is 7 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom