• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thinking about what I'd like to see from a BotW sequel again, this time about the general sort of setting. . .

I think in more ways than one I'd like to see more of Hyrule Castle.

On one hand I want to see it and Castle Town in pristine condition, seeing it the way it is just makes me want to see it in it's true beauty, with even more to the layout of both if possible. Let me train with the knights, let me shop for the nation's finest clothes, let me feel the lives of everyone there as they live them.

On the other, I'd also like to see ruins riddled with enemies that tell a story about the people that lived there just through the setting. A story unfolding in the form of an area rather than just some puzzles with a useless theme tacked on.

Going into approaches to a dungeon that even BotW hasn't tried anywhere aside from overing "this is bad" goop density as an indicator, if there's a boss, slowly foreshadow them and show how they ravaged the area. If there's a giant spider as a boss, slowly start to show giant spider webs. Better yet, make their damage the only reason there's puzzles at all. Leave the player to figure out how to manipulate and destroy the spider webs in order to progress while the wheels start slowly turning in their heads as to why this is here. That key doesn't poof from a room full of enemies being defeated or hide in a chest, it's stuck in a spider web. Find a way to get it down.

Don't make it nothing but Indiana Jones boxes for every dungeon. If you have only one Indiana Jones dungeon and the rest are ways of navigating around monster damage, the Indiana Jones dungeon will feel more special. And even the Indiana Jones one should make you feel like you're actually Indiana Jones instead of just beating up enemies to find a map to get a key to unlock a door to get another map to- basically make the traps more of an adventure and less of a video game checklist.

For me to enjoy them to their fullest, puzzles shouldn't feel like puzzles. They should feel like ways of getting around obstacles in the environment that make you feel clever.

Due to the number of people dissatisfied with the current ones combined with the plot reason for the current ones making them among the least likely things to be recycled next game, there's an obvious crossroads here in terms of what to do with dungeons next. I think the best solution would be to make the dungeons as involving and immersive as the rest of the game and let the puzzles fit that larger number they want but be far more subtle than how Zelda usually is with them in terms of presentation.

I mean, not that I should be talking, I admit this is the second one I've beaten after Phantom Hourglass of all things. I can take a guess from the way people are talking, though. . .

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mass Effect: Andromeda is getting reviews that go all over the place.

High is 9.5. Low is 5.5

Average is 7 or so.
Those high scores probably are from people that enjoyed the gloriously wonky animations lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Those high scores probably are from people that enjoyed the gloriously wonky animations lol.
It's actually about the gameplay which is almost universally excellent.

Rest seems to be how you view the story/writing which is incredibly mixed.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Mass Effect: Andromeda is getting reviews that go all over the place.

High is 9.5. Low is 5.5

Average is 7 or so.
So I guess if one is a diehard Mass Effect fan who doesn't mind the various issues the game currently has, I guess it could prove to be an enjoyable experience. As for me, I'll probably decide to get it later in the year. (Read when I actually play/finish the older games in the series)

Having adopted a safer spending regime this year, I'll only be buying the games I desperately want in my collection when I feel like I've done enough Uni work, have the savings for it and when I feel like I've cleared out enough of my backlog. I don't mind waiting on Andromeda, personally.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand this sounds like it was writing by awkward teenagers.

One the other hand, that one line made me die laughing.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's actually about the gameplay which is almost universally excellent.

Rest seems to be how you view the story/writing which is incredibly mixed.
The spanish reviews appearing on my feed seem to follow that direction, but they're more stable with the scores (7.5-8.5)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Aren't embargoes still up?

I never saw Sesame Street, but this is nothing negative about this. Other than hateful ******** going "WAHWAH STOP PUSHING STUFF THAT ISN'T EXACTLY LIKE ME IN MY FACE" but those are irrelevant
No. The embargo just went down a few hours ago. I think it might end up better reviewed than Beauty and the Beast honestly

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
D

Deleted member

Apparently, My Hero Academia S2 will be 2-cour and, like, can this get any more hype?
>Tournament Arc
>26 episodes
>English dub will air alongside the original one
>TOURNAMENT ARC
Did I mention it's a Tournament Arc?
You're American. That alone means I had better sex ed than you ever will
What's the point of knowing how to sex when you didn't learn how to count?
Sex is cool and all but you ever heard of math?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Apparently, My Hero Academia S2 will be 2-cour and, like, can this get any more hype?
>Tournament Arc
>26 episodes
>English dub will air alongside the original one
>TOURNAMENT ARC
Did I mention it's a Tournament Arc?

What's the point of knowing how to sex when you didn't learn how to count?
Sex is cool and all but you ever heard of math?
Never heard of math
Maths however, as Mathematics are plural

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

We did it! 54,666 cleared at least the Hard map, and 13,415 cleared Lunatic. 10 orbs, 10 stamina potions, and 5000 feathers for everyone!

You're welcome, btw.

D

Deleted member

Reading the Reddit topic on MHA being 2-cour
"I'll pretty much say if you liked original Naruto's chunin exam arc, you are going to love this."
"If that[some manga spoiler] got animated, then that encounter could literally be GOAT tier. No exageration, no hyperbole"
Someone help, hype levels are off control
Never heard of math
Stop trying to act cool and **** like you know grammar when 'math' is completely correct
That's what happens when you don't watch Sesame Street

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Reading the Reddit topic on MHA being 2-cour
"I'll pretty much say if you liked original Naruto's chunin exam arc, you are going to love this."
"If that[some manga spoiler] got animated, then that encounter could literally be GOAT tier. No exageration, no hyperbole"
Someone help, hype levels are off control

Stop trying to act cool and **** like you know grammar when 'math' is completely correct
That's what happens when you don't watch Sesame Street
MHA is almost a complete 100% adaptation from Season 1 so sweet!
Ah, but one as foolish as yourself forgets a rather important detail
Both are correct, but maths is a more accurate name

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>summons on FE:H
>Game closes itself
"God damn it"
>starts game up again and continues summon only to see I got a 4*Jakob
"HELL YEAH"
You're American. That alone means I had better sex ed than you ever will
Look, I know you like to rag on America and like to act like you know everything despite not living here for your own dumb reasons but I would like to tell you, not all sex ed classes are **** in america
Never heard of math
No one ever says "Maths"
Its just Math

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
>summons on FE:H
>Game closes itself
"God damn it"
>starts game up again and continues summon only to see I got a 4*Jakob
"HELL YEAH"

Look, I know you like to rag on America and like to act like you know everything despite not living here for your own dumb reasons but I would like to tell you, not all sex ed classes are **** in america

No one ever says "Maths"
Its just Math
The British say Maths as MathematicS
Did he really say that
Finn Jones? Yeah. He said that's the biggest difference between him and Danny Rand
But Iron Fist has a sex scene soooo

D

Deleted member

MHA is almost a complete 100% adaptation from Season 1 so sweet!
What?
Ah, but one as foolish as yourself forgets a rather important detail
Both are correct, but maths is a more accurate name
I bet you're gonna say 'colour' is more or less right than 'color' next, aren't ya?
This is like the Hitler rule. If you use it, you fail by default. See Finn Jones going "I'M NOT A VIRGIN" when talking about Iron Fist
You mean Godwin's Law
Which is stupid because someone may have legit points when drawing the comparison
The British say Maths as MathematicS
The British are full of **** then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom