• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
This ****ing stealth **** is dumb. I hate stealth **** in Zelda games. **** your bananas. **** this.
the only time i had trouble in there was when i tried stealth striking one of the sword guys

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That post made me imagine Sturm as another Falcon clone. That would be jokes.

Which mission is it? I probably know it inside out.
We have enough Falcon clones. Captain Strum would only be worse when he can use metros instead. ;_;

It's the second Max mission when you face Grit in Blue Moon. That one gives me serious rage fits when your main mission is to take over the main base, which is difficult due to the batteships, Medium Tanks near said base, my only two carriers constantly getting shot down when I try moving my tanks and soldiers, and always losing my Recon unit near the time he used his Snipe CO Power.

Can tell you this level had been annoying me for a while.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We have enough Falcon clones. Captain Strum would only be worse when he can use metros instead. ;_;

It's the second Max mission when you face Grit in Blue Moon. That one gives me serious rage fits when your main mission is to take over the main base, which is difficult due to the batteships, Medium Tanks near said base, my only two carriers constantly getting shot down when I try moving my tanks and soldiers, and always losing my Recon unit near the time he used his Snipe CO Power.

Can tell you this level had been annoying me for a while.
Oh yeah that mission.

I assume you're doing this on Normal campaign right? It should be really straightforward. What you need to do is to go after all of Grit's indirect units so you can severely limit his options. Go after the Missile unit that's towards the center-top of the screen without getting rekt by his Anti-Air's which I believe he has 1 or 2 on this map. Find the rest of his Rockets and Missiles (there's like 3 on the island towards the top-right of the map) and then continue pressing forward with you're units; hidden in the woods for the most part. Do this and sneak an Infantry/Mech to HQ and capture his HQ.

Remember, when you face Grit you always have to assume he's hiding like 30 million Artillery's in the woods.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The only good thing about Mass Effect's demo is the gameplay. Everything ranges from meh to awful

Chrono.

Oh sweet Jesus I just saw my first Horse death in BOTW.

It's more disturbing than I thought.

EDIT: Sidenote but **** those centaur-lion things

Last edited:
Been bback to playing smash again because I beat Warioworld and because I mod a smash thread now . . .might as well play the damn game

Man I hated Robin the first time I played him because I was so hyped pre-release and I thought he was terrible.

Playing him again now for literally no reason. So much fun. His aerials are all so weird but are so satisfying to hit. Having ranged specials after having none with marth is weird but cool. Ammo gimmick is cool. Noticed a pattern tho

:4marth:Absurdley fun. I main him
:4myfriends: Pretty damn fun
:4lucina:Fun, if a worse marth
:4feroy:One of my favorite smashers. Fun
:4corrin:Extremely fun, to the point that I wish I had bought them but I just dont feel like it this late in the game
:4robinm:Well now I think this one is fun too. Up air is just silly lmao

WHY ARE FE CHARACTERS SO DAMN ENJOYABLE.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Lynels are more challenging than real bosses in this game.
To me, because of the fact that you majorly fight them 1-on-1, that they use a weapon, bow and shield against you and that they have high HP, I think they are meant to be the Darknuts/Iron Knuckles of the game. Especially the Iron Knuckles of Zelda 2 if you aren't using Stasis+ against them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No enemy in a Zelda game will ever compare to Zelda 1!Darknuts
Those were like, its own level of bull****
Then they start throwing them in cramped rooms with Wizzorbes AND make them blue and I'm just thankful VC gives me save states

Are there even Darknuts in BotW?
Also, since I didn't get an answer before: does BotW have multiple save files?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Then they start throwing them in cramped rooms with Wizzorbes AND make them blue and I'm just thankful VC gives me save states

No and no.
But, if one makes a second profile on the Switch itself, that profile has a 100% separated set of saves

Ivander

Smash Legend

I think only through different users, like PS3/4. When you save, it saves on the one file, but there are also auto-saves and it auto-saves 4-5 files in a loop. Basically, it's auto-saves a lot of files, but you can't regular save multiple files, only the one. So I think you need multiple users for multiple files.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I also watched Beauty and the Beast today
It's... surprisingly good
Like, it's a faithful adaptation that knows when to deviate from the source material to make more sense(or to not have weird undertones such as a kid saying "his mustache tingles" while an old man drinks tea from him)
I also liked how the castle servants were done, which was one of my main worries.
And much like the animation, the "Beast" is still prettier than the "Prince"
No and no.
But, if one makes a second profile on the Switch itself, that profile has a 100% separated set of saves
I think only through different users, like PS3/4. When you save, it saves on the one file, but there are also auto-saves and it auto-saves 4-5 files in a loop. Basically, it's auto-saves a lot of files, but you can't regular save multiple files, only the one. So I think you need multiple users for multiple files.
That's weird since all other Zelda gakes have 3 but it's good to know since I'll be sharing the game with my friend
Disappointed at no Darknuts tho

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Like, it's a faithful adaptation that knows when to deviate from the source material to make more sense(or to not have weird undertones such as a kid saying "his mustache tingles" while an old man drinks tea from him)
I also liked how the castle servants were done, which was one of my main worries.

That's weird since all other Zelda gakes have 3 but it's good to know since I'll be sharing the game with my friend
Disappointed at no Darknuts tho
How does it compare to Jungle Book?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Don't know if anyone here is interested in seeing Gallade in Smash Bros, but for those that are, I've made a support thread for him over at the Smash Switch speculation boards for those that are interested.

------

On a different note, I'm about to tackle Divine Beast Van Medoh. Some thoughts on the adventure so far:

Most interesting shrine of the day has to be the one where you need to take off all your clothes and gear and stand on shrine pedestial during a Blood Moon. I remember missing the Blood Moon when I was tackling another one, so I kept going to the campfire over and over again, hoping to get a Blood Moon to appear again... but didn't succeed. I ended up proceeding through my adventure once I got fed up. It wasn't until I was heading back to the Flight Range from the nearby stable that the next Blood Moon appeared, so I hurried back by teleporting to the shrine near Tabanatha Bridge, then making a sprint for the shrine. I apparently unlocked the shrine even after the cutscene played. Turns out it's because you have until 1:00 AM in the game to unlock the shrine during the Blood Moon. What followed was a Guardian Scout battle, but it was easy thanks to Ice Arrows.

Rito Village is a really nice environment! The village was much bigger than I anticipated, and the Rito are some pretty nice folk. Their motto talks about how they are trained to be skilled archers and elegant singers. The latter was a neat touch to the Rito since they are essentially birds, and if there's one thing birds are remembered for, it's that they have elegant songs. I also love how part of the village's music is a remix of Dragon Roost Island.

Also, thank goodness the village sells cold-resistant pants. Now, I can finally scale the the northwest region and Mount Lanaryu!

So it turns out the disaster that the Divine Beast is causing this time isn't so much an ecological one like Van Ruta and the constant rain or Van Rudania and its raining magma boulders, but here, anyone that flies too high gets shot down. Not so much a disaster that ruins the ecosystem, but it still disrupt the Rito's way of life.

Funny how the Rito elder calls Link a "descendant" rather than the actual champion. If he was like Robbie at the Akala Tech Lab and asked for Link to take off his clothes, I'm sure he'd drop the "descendant" title.

After talking with the Rito elder, Teba's wife warms up to Link after overhearing them talk. A cutscene unlocks where Link remembers a time he interacted with Revali at Revali's Landing (yep, what unlocks a memory this time isn't a statue, but it's still something that ties with the champion: in this case, a landing pad that Revali frequently used).

Revali is basically Falco when it comes to looks and personality: he's arrogant and thinks he's more skilled than Link is. Though he may be rather jerkish, I still like Revali a lot. This guy seems to have the most personality out of all the champions (not saying all the other champions are bland because they are the opposite; I just think Revali definitely stands out the most), and I couldn't help but chuckle when he did that flex as he said, "Even among the Rito."

And is it just me, or do I see some parallels between Revali and Takumi? I mean:
  • Both are highly skilled archers who wield powerful bows
  • Both have a level of distrust toward the main protagonists of their games
  • Both can be rather blunt at times.
Perhaps it's because of those similarities that might explain why I like Revali from the get-go. Then again, what sets Revali apart from Takumi is that Revali is confident and cocky about his skills, while Takumi feels insecure about them.

To take down Van Medoh, I was told to talk to Teba who is at Flight Range. After a good glide, it didn't take long to reach the location. Though he had a few lines, Teba was cool. He challenged me to shoot down five targets scattered around the Flight Range using the up-draft gales in three minutes. The mini-game was a joke. It was very easy to shoot down five targets in the given time. Perhaps if you had to shoot more targets in 2 minutes, it would be a fair challenge. Ah well, I guess hard mode will fix it.

After stocking up on Bomb Arrows, it was time to take on Van Medoh. Teba even gave me 20 Bomb Arrows before flying in. The following battle was rather simple. It was pretty easy dodging all the lasers the Divine Beast was firing at me, though it took several arrows before I figured out which was the best range for a guaranteed hit. It even takes two hits to take out a single cannon. The music was pretty cool too. Overall, it was a neat battle, but not too memorable. Van Ruta still takes the cake for best Divine Beast battle.

And now I'll be exploring Van Medoh. The fun begins!

D

Deleted member

How does it compare to Jungle Book?
I didn't watch Jungle Book lol
Which is quite a shame because I was looking forward to it before it came out and when I was going to watch it i was like "oh, it has already stopped airing, uh?"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I didn't like it much, but then again, I guess I look at things more so critically when it comes to things like performances and major plot holes.(I mean, maybe I missed something, but the whole book that can bring you anywhere thing makes many.)

It was also a bit too faithful to the original, which is where I prefer to what the Jungle Book did since it was much different. The problem with it being line for line the same as the movie sometimes is that the movie tended to do things much better, especially when it came the pacing emotion and just performance in general.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I didn't watch Jungle Book lol
Which is quite a shame because I was looking forward to it before it came out and when I was going to watch it i was like "oh, it has already stopped airing, uh?"
It's on Netflix. Absolutely worth a watch.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zelda II's Falcon Knights in the Great Palace are far far worse.

I'd say that's a bigger case of level design. The issue with Darknuts is the lack of slash and the ability to move as fast like in Zelda II where the Iron Knuckles are actually fairly easy due to better attack options.

Don't get me wrong, they are bull, but hardly the worst.

D

Deleted member

Also, one thing I've always wondered about beauty and the beast is that, well... You know how in castlevania hearts and items come out of candles? What'd happen if you hit Lumiere then? What'd come out of him? Can you just keep him as an infinite item spawning machine?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Y'know the Guardians are actually really fun to fight against...

Squirreling around a tree or a wall then picking off their legs one by one until they are completely immobile...Shock weapons work very well also...

that or I could just one shot them with an ancient arrow...that works too I guess but where's the fun in that?

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
I didn't like it much, but then again, I guess I look at things more so critically when it comes to things like performances and major plot holes.(I mean, maybe I missed something, but the whole book that can bring you anywhere thing makes many.)

It was also a bit too faithful to the original, which is where I prefer to what the Jungle Book did since it was much different. The problem with it being line for line the same as the movie sometimes is that the movie tended to do things much better, especially when it came the pacing emotion and just performance in general.
Yeah, the book was kinda weird and didn't make sense at all. It was mostly a Big Lipped Alligator Moment
But I still think the rest of the movie was great. Hell, they even reworked stuff like no one believing in the Beast but then suddenly starting a riot against him and the Writers Can't Do Math from the original(the deadline was the prince's 21st anniversary but it's said it's been 10 years since they were cursed which would mean the witch cursed a 10-year old boy, which while stupid in itself, also contradicts his representation in the opening scene) and now there are no years mentioned, the deadline is the rose dying and none of them seem to have aged. They even handwave the fact no one from the village seems to remember anyone from the castle
It's on Netflix. Absolutely worth a watch.
Wait it is? Thanks for the info, I always loved the original as a kid so I hope I don't get my dreams shattered like Goosembumps did
Also, one thing I've always wondered about beauty and the beast is that, well... You know how in castlevania hearts and items come out of candles? What'd happen if you hit Lumiere then? What'd come out of him? Can you just keep him as an infinite item spawning machine?
If we were applying crossover fridge logic, I'd be applauding Bambi's mother's killer because deers are Satan's personal pets

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the book was kinda weird and didn't make sense at all. It was mostly a Big Lipped Alligator Moment
But I still think the rest of the movie was great. Hell, they even reworked stuff like no one believing in the Beast but then suddenly starting a riot against him and the Writers Can't Do Math from the original(the deadline was the prince's 21st anniversary but it's said it's been 10 years since they were cursed which would mean the witch cursed a 10-year old boy, which while stupid in itself, also contradicts his representation in the opening scene) and now there are no years mentioned, the deadline is the rose dying and none of them seem to have aged. They even handwave the fact no one from the village seems to remember anyone from the castle
That's pretty true, but it's just not as obvious as them never using the book for anything else. But I guess a plot hole is still a plot hole.

But I still think the original is just better on an emotional/performed perspective though, but to be fair, that's what happens when you have to compare something that was adapted off something so amazingly animated and paced scene for scene.

If we were applying crossover fridge logic, I'd be applauding Bambi's mother's killer because deers are Satan's personal pets
I mean, there's the entire reversed library in SoTN is filled with just characters from the Wizard of Oz.(Scarecrow, Tin-man, and the Cowardly Lion.) Except the scarecrow is a guy that got impaled right through the gut with on a stick that bounces around(or a sometimes it spawns as girl impaled straight through the mouth.), the tin man is a robot that swings around an axe, and the cowardly lion is on roids and has wolverine-like claws on one hand.(He's still cowardly though.)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I mean, there's the entire reversed library in SoTN is filled with just characters from the Wizard of Oz.(Scarecrow, Tin-man, and the Cowardly Lion.) Except the scarecrow is a guy that got impaled right through the gut with on a stick that bounces around(or a sometimes it spawns as girl impaled straight through the mouth.), the tin man is a robot that swings around an axe, and the cowardly lion is on roids and has wolverine-like claws on one hand.(He's still cowardly though.)
And also sheet ghosts that drop the best weapon in the game for some reason.

And it has the best music in the whole game. Embarrass

D

Deleted member

And also sheet ghosts that drop the best weapon in the game for some reason.
The reason why they do is because they're really fast... While the weapon is really fast, that makes enough sense. Because not only is it a single handed weapon, but it does a more damage in one hit then most weapons. Because even Yasutsuna, which works similarly, is a two handed weapon and doesn't do as much damage. On top of that it has less of a hitbox and isn't as fast.(Even if you're not using two Crissaegrim.) And ON TOP OF THAT, I have an easy time getting it, both the first playthrough(got two.) and my current one.(Got it on accident.)

With that being said though, it still isn't broke as the Alucard Shield's shield rod ability.(But it's hard to find anything that is in general, really.)

D

Deleted member

Galamoth, typically the hardest boss in the game, becomes a pushover once you have the Alucard Shield and Shield Rod.
Yeah, but that's not saying much, because even the invisible floating skulls become a joke once you realize that you can heal STUPIDLY fast running into them.

Also, this is the ideal way to defeat galamoth. :p

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hold up. Wasn't there supposed to be a full trailer released for Sonic Forces? Did I miss that or was the direct feed the 'trailer' that I thought I heard about?

Chrono.

Hold up. Wasn't there supposed to be a full trailer released for Sonic Forces? Did I miss that or was the direct feed the 'trailer' that I thought I heard about?
No, they teased information initially with concept art but they didn't make any promises. What they did say (during the event) was that the day after we would get a better look at the gameplay, which we did.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

If the translation of the tweet is to be believed...

Seems they've gone back to being lazy and resting on their laurels again. Because it seems like these are the "new" characters.

What bothers me is that they're doing well with FE Heroes (it has some issues but you can feel the effort being put into it), so it's not like you can say they don't know how to keep their games alive in the mobile market. They're absolutely squandering the potential of this game, especially considering it's their premier franchise.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

If the translation of the tweet is to be believed...

Seems they've gone back to being lazy and resting on their laurels again. Because it seems like these are the "new" characters.

What bothers me is that they're doing well with FE Heroes (it has some issues but you can feel the effort being put into it), so it's not like you can say they don't know how to keep their games alive in the mobile market. They're absolutely squandering the potential of this game, especially considering it's their premier franchise.
That translation is ****ing wacky. At least they're free...? For the record, the potential of this game was squandered when they decided to have an exclusivity deal with Apple. That was stupid as hell. Apple only owns 17.4(?)% of the market and it's just now coming out on other devices. The hype for the game is gone at this point and anyone that does get it will probably just be hardcore Nintendo fans. Android users I've heard are also more in line to spend money on apps. Not sure about that but still. Nintendo going for an Apple exclusivity deal was a seriously real **** up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think expecting a playable Rosalina or Waluigi in this update was a little bit too much.
People saying that is exactly why this stuff happens.

You're supposed to expect more from a AAA company like Nintendo and their premier franchise.

Adding characters like Wario, Nabbit, and Rosalina especially should not be expecting too much. They all have existing mechanics unique to them that could easily be recreated for this game.

There are so many free-to-play mobile runner games from smaller studios that offer so much more, yet Nintendo expects you to pay $10 for their pathetic excuse of an offering, all because they thought it would "reassure" parents that their children can't spend money on the game accidentally (even though that can still happen).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom