• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

'Watched Doctor Strange today.
I like it, it's not the best Marvel movie ever. But it was enjoyable.
The CGI however, holy strange, that was godlike.
"Dormammu, I've come to bargain."

...Also, nothing to do with Dr Strange, but @GoldenYuiitusin 's current signature remembers me this YTP that made me die of laughing called "Sha D'oh!".
What a shame his creator's channel have been shut down several years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Everyone is terrible at Binding of Isaac until their 200th run where they manage to get 3 good upgrades in a row.

Then they are pros.

Then they play again and get bombs x10 and go back to being ****.
My 5th run I got so much good ****. Lightning tears, glasses and a sweater. But then I died on the 4th floor.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Apparently this happened

Best part is the teacher got corrected from "Hanso" to "Hanzo"

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
You mean Part 5? Because you already talked about how 4 is I Want You :p
I haven't got far into Part 4. I have only seen like a small number of episodes. I'll look into Part 5 when I'm finished with Part 4. I won't look into spoilers, right now.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im liking the inheritence system in fe heroes because before that the pull i just got would be trash teir now its skill fodder

Ivander

Smash Legend
Apparently this happened

Best part is the teacher got corrected from "Hanso" to "Hanzo"

That was the first best part. The second best part is the fact that the official Overwatch twitter, @PlayOverwatch, responded(and supports Hanzo mains).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
New Digimon Story game announced.

http://withthewill.net/threads/1737...ory-Announced-for-Playstation-4-and-Vita-in-J

A prequel (could be a mistranslation since it's implied it's a side story) to Cyber Sleuth, 320 playable Digimon, protagonist might not be a mute, it's still for the Vita which might disappoint some.

EDIT: Yeah it's a side story, takes place at the same time as Cyber Sleuth.
Looking forward to this, I liked the original Cyber Sleuth, so I'm looking forward to picking this up for my PS4 next year. Hopefully they'll add Megidramon in there, he was always my favorite of Guilmon's line.

Chrono.

So Bioware hired amateurs to make animations hence the screwy presentation?

You mean to tell me the company that got their music for Sonic Chronicles by googling random MIDIs hired people with zero to no experience to cut corners and costs?

Looking forward to this, I liked the original Cyber Sleuth, so I'm looking forward to picking this up for my PS4 next year. Hopefully they'll add Megidramon in there, he was always my favorite of Guilmon's line.
Same here, I was doubly disappointed to see he also missed the boat on Next Order.

Looking at some of the new mons added so far (Dinobeemon, Crescemon, Grademon, etc) feels like they'll add more obscure ones this time around as well as finish up some lines that are incomplete(Pls come home Dorugoramon).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So Bioware hired amateurs to make animations hence the screwy presentation?

You mean to tell me the company that got their music for Sonic Chronicles by googling random MIDIs hired people with zero to no experience to cut corners and costs?

Same here, I was doubly disappointed to see he also missed the boat on Next Order.

Looking at some of the new mons added so far (Dinobeemon, Crescemon, Grademon, etc) feels like they'll add more obscure ones this time around as well as finish up some lines that are incomplete(Pls come home Dorugoramon).
LOL, seriously, THAT'S why the Sonic Chronicles music was iffy?

The really sad part is that a lot of the music is remixes of perfectly good songs. The difference between Nocturne and the Sonic Generations Big Arm remix is like night and day, and yes that's the same song.

But that's just me sidetracking, seems like the company really likes to cut corners LOL.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This ****ing stealth **** is dumb. I hate stealth **** in Zelda games. **** your bananas. **** this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This ****ing stealth **** is dumb. I hate stealth **** in Zelda games. **** your bananas. **** this.
I understand the context but it still looks weird.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I thought the stealth section was really easy.....or are you not using Stealth bonuses like the Sheikah armor? Also, you can throw things you hold Far.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
lol someone's misusing mod powers in the new K.Rool thread
That didn't take too long. Ridley thread is currently stable but I don't think many expect him for Smash Switch as we understand it (updated port). If they announce a brand new game then heaven help us all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I had Phantom flashbacks in that place, probably my least favorite part of the game. Oh, and you get a surprise afterwards that's kinda unsettling at first, you'll see.

At least judging by something Aonuma said I think he's gonna try to make a new IP to get that impulse out of his system soon. I get the impression the guy wants to make a stealth game and never got the go ahead until right about now.

And at least the banana situation and the end of the area are both hilarious.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The sooner I get the Switch and Zelda: Breath of the Wild the better.

I am so tired of being out of the loop.
I have the second part.

Just not the first.

Because the economy works in weird ways like that.

Though considering how rushed the Switch launch is, I think it's for the better. I'll wait until they iron out the hardware and firmware issues and maybe show off some of the upcoming games to see if I like them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The results are in and the one to draw first was none other than Nack the Weasel (Or Fang). It's no secret that everyone wants this purple pistol backer back in the series. Bark and Bean weren't too far behind with some support. At least they are together as Team Hooligan in the Archie comics.

Now we enter Advance Wars (something that may excite Ura Ura ). There is debate as to where Andy or Sami better represent the series. So both of them are included next to the main Star Wars-esqe villain Sturm (Fear the meteors) and a duo between the Infantry & Tank (Yes, the Assist Trophy pretty much gave me the idea). But think about it this way, that gunman tank combo could represent the entire Wars series than just Advance with alts depending on the country. Just a though.

https://twitter.com/FatalFlowey/status/843268275907837952

This one will run all night. So take your time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The results are in and the one to draw first was none other than Nack the Weasel (Or Fang). It's no secret that everyone wants this purple pistol backer back in the series. Bark and Bean weren't too far behind with some support. At least they are together as Team Hooligan in the Archie comics.

Now we enter Advance Wars (something that may excite Ura Ura ). There is debate as to where Andy or Sami better represent the series. So both of them are included next to the main Star Wars-esqe villain Sturm (Fear the meteors) and a duo between the Infantry & Tank (Yes, the Assist Trophy pretty much gave me the idea). But think about it this way, that gunman tank combo could represent the entire Wars series than just Advance with alts depending on the country. Just a though.

https://twitter.com/FatalFlowey/status/843268275907837952

This one will run all night. So take your time.
I really wish I could vote for Andy on that poll but my Twitter account is ****ed up. If you can please add a vote for him for me that would be great.

I've made many arguments before why Smash Bros should and needs to be represented with Andy in the game. I'll just leave the gist of it.

Andy - Main character pre-Dual Strike. Is THE main protagonist in the GBA games

Sami - Secondary character. Is like having Falco instead of Fox.

Sturm - Main Villain shouldn't be in before Main Hero

Infantry and Tank - Lack of personality and character required for Smash Bros per Sakurai's criteria

And while we're at it as well,

Max - Secondary character like Sami

Will - Represents the Days of Ruin universe which is no where near iconic and true to the series as the Wars World universe. Will is also too Fire Emblem for my tastes. For all I know he might be an FE character in disguise.

Jake - Is pretty much Edgelord Andy and has the worst dialogue of any AW character. He's also the co-lead of Dual Strike with Rachel unlike Andy.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
At least judging by something Aonuma said I think he's gonna try to make a new IP to get that impulse out of his system soon. I get the impression the guy wants to make a stealth game and never got the go ahead until right about now.

And at least the banana situation and the end of the area are both hilarious.
I actually would like him to make a Thief-styled game. You know, like Thief: The Dark Project and it's sequels? And after using the Sheikah armor way too much, it's so fun being sneaky and whatnot on enemies and using items to lure them for sneak attacks. I have way too much fun being stealthy in Breath of the Wild and I would love to see Aonuma attempt a Thief-like game.
As soon as I saw Bananas, I knew exactly where you were and I saw a youtube do this, not looking forward to it
Get the Sheikah armor before doing it as well as plenty of bananas and it becomes very easy. Having all 3 pieces of the Sheikah armor will allow you to easily move behind enemies and sneak attack them or just jog by them when they are too busy being distracted by bananas. But Don't Sprint! Sprinting still makes decent noise. Jogging, however, is pretty quiet with the Sheikah Armor compared to in other armor.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I really wish I could vote for Andy on that poll but my Twitter account is ****ed up. If you can please add a vote for him for me that would be great.

I've made many arguments before why Smash Bros should and needs to be represented with Andy in the game. I'll just leave the gist of it.

Andy - Main character pre-Dual Strike. Is THE main protagonist in the GBA games

Sami - Secondary character. Is like having Falco instead of Fox.

Sturm - Main Villain shouldn't be in before Main Hero

Infantry and Tank - Lack of personality and character required for Smash Bros per Sakurai's criteria

And while we're at it as well,

Max - Secondary character like Sami

Will - Represents the Days of Ruin universe which is no where near iconic and true to the series as the Wars World universe. Will is also too Fire Emblem for my tastes. For all I know he might be an FE character in disguise.

Jake - Is pretty much Edgelord Andy and has the worst dialogue of any AW character. He's also the co-lead of Dual Strike with Rachel unlike Andy.
Thing is I can't since I made the poll. Sorry mate, but a certain someone (Azure) went for Andy since he was upset at the lack Max. Then again, this probably won't be the only AW poll given the massive cast of the series (Though I won't go for every CO available). Andy is doing good so far, that shows he's the more recognizable character of the series.

You have good points. Andy makes the most sense as he's the first CO that your side. Sami is pretty much the Falco of the series while Sturm is better off in a Ganondorf situation (And I don't mean something ridiculous like making him a Mewtwo/Ganon clone).

Thanks alot for the feedback and ideas. If only I wasn't still stuck at a certain Grit mission right now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yoooooooo I just heard of a place where you can get GREAT horses in BotW!

You know that place where you get the Giant Horse? Check the OTHER horses. You know how they say Epona has the best stats and the Royal White Horse has the more spurs than anything else? That is a DARNED LIE. I just got a 4-4-5 horse. There's also speed x5 horses that feel GREAT to run with, gonna refresh until I see if 4-5-4 setups exist.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thing is I can't since I made the poll. Sorry mate, but a certain someone (Azure) went for Andy since he was upset at the lack Max. Then again, this probably won't be the only AW poll given the massive cast of the series (Though I won't go for every CO available). Andy is doing good so far, that shows he's the more recognizable character of the series.

You have good points. Andy makes the most sense as he's the first CO that your side. Sami is pretty much the Falco of the series while Sturm is better off in a Ganondorf situation (And I don't mean something ridiculous like making him a Mewtwo/Ganon clone).

Thanks alot for the feedback and ideas. If only I wasn't still stuck at a certain Grit mission right now.
That post made me imagine Sturm as another Falcon clone. That would be jokes.

Which mission is it? I probably know it inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom