• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
LOL you reading that NeoGAF BotW EGDE magazine review thread?

I'm gonna guess it had SOMETHING to do with the EDGE BotW review either way. Let me guess, the first one involves the phrase "Skyward Sword," right?
That and IGN. Stupidity is to be expected from IGN and GAF review threads though, and the internet in general too.

It's amusing how some people are so dedicated to bringing something down because it's not on their console of choice though.

The real kicker is in the usernames or avatars though. There's some of the sweetest ****ing irony in a guy called "SonyMasterRace" calling someone a fanboy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
LOL you reading that NeoGAF BotW EGDE magazine review thread?

I'm gonna guess it had SOMETHING to do with the EDGE BotW review either way. Let me guess, the first one involves the phrase "Skyward Sword," right?
Skyward Sword deserves that 10/10.

Fight me everybody!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As long as it has a really high score in general, the exact number doesn't matter for me in a review.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always thought The Imprisoned looked like a giant demonic Muppet. Not a very menacing look.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
lmao
I got a painful reminder verlis exists but found out something truly amazing
He always bragged about being the third most popular Poketuber
He got dethroned from that. The guy who holds that is Jethrotex, a guy who was brand new, but got a LOT of exposure when he got blatantly attacked by verlis last summer
There is SO much delicious irony there that it could get rid of world hunger

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like I had one of my best summonings in Fire Emblem Heroes, or to put in a better way, one of the best consistent summons I've had thus far. All the units I got are 4-stars. Check it out:

First pull was a 4-star female Corrin. I got a 3-star version of the same character in the last summon, and so I sent her away, but I'll take this 4-star Corrin for now because she's a blue-weapon user.

Sophia is my first red-tome user I obtained, so I can finally unlock an Orb by clearing Paralogue 1: Part 2 on Hard using her because the mission is to clear that map with a red-tome user.

I also got two 4-star Sheenas in my 4th and 5th pulls respectively. Eh, I don't know if I'll use her when I have a 5-star Minerva and a 4-star Frederick in the picture, but its nice to have a 3rd Axe-user. I don't have too many of those.

And then my 3rd pull... I GOT CHROM! HOLY ARCEUS YES! Chrom was my 5th most wanted character to be summoned. I'm one of those people that likes his character, and he was the only one of the Awakening main character quartet that I didn't have up until now. Now, the quartet is now complete! While I already have Roy as my 5-star sword-user, I'm still going to train up Chrom for sure. Now if only I had 20,000 feathers so that I can upgrade him to 5-star once he reaches level 20...

------

Also, I think Chrom's summoning quote is worth mentioning:

"For my friends... for peace... I'll fight."

Anyone else reminded of Ike in that sentence? You know, "I fight for my friends!"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My Sailor Moon live action movies idea I already know only 3 of the Sailor Scouts anyone would recognize the actresses of.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
I always thought The Imprisoned looked like a giant demonic Muppet. Not a very menacing look.
The Imprisoned might have the most wasted character design in the entire Zelda series. It grows feet and then it grows toes and then it has a little chimney horn and flops around, and you're supposed to take it SERIOUSLY

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Imprisoned might have the most wasted character design in the entire Zelda series. It grows feet and then it grows toes and then it has a little chimney horn and flops around, and you're supposed to take it SERIOUSLY
To be fair.

The giant maw is initially very intimidating.

It's the fingers and toes that kill it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got my Shanna to level 40.

I guess the special conversation only appears at 5 star level 40?

I have 0 knowledge of zelda lore but . . .

I dont think imprisoned is supposed to be that scary. I mean it sort of is but not really. The point of the creature is that it stil isnt even close to its full power. It's imprisoned. It isn't strong or scary. . .yet.

It getting a halo and ****ing FLYING. That is supposed to be a bit scary and an evolution as it grows in power and becomes less and less imprisoned. Everything else like sliding on the ground like a snake? Not really. Maybe unsettling.
:061:

Last edited:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
It getting a halo and ****ing FLYING. That is supposed to be a bit scary and an evolution as it grows in power and becomes less and less imprisoned. Everything else like sliding on the ground like a snake? Not really. Maybe unsettling.
it flying just makes it even funnier and less imposing, the thing looks ridiculous

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
it flying just makes it even funnier and less imposing, the thing looks ridiculous
Honestly flying is a perfect idea as is the Halo.

It's the dangling arms and feet that make it look odd.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
@GoldenYuiitusin I found something I think you'd love
But it's not Reckless Wiimote Safety Guy it's his younger brother, Reckless Joy-Con Safety Guy
:troll:

YES! Time for double petitions to add them as the ice climbers to Smash!
:p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I just watched the Lego Batman movie. Its pretty funny and clever. I liked the character portrayals and dialog.

I also did not expect those villains. IT was a neat twist that fit a lego movie.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Would you prefer it had big glowing red eyes sprouting out of anywhere like so many other Zelda bosses?

IDK man, a gigantic monster suddenly having a demonic as hell Halo flying is pretty spooky.

Especially when that flying demon can get you a game over instantly godammit!

the imprisoned sucks
:061:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Played Marvel vs Capcom (the original) for the first time today and that is a good ass game

LET'S GO CRAZY

---

Also if you haven't, please listen to Thundercat's latest album "Drunk." Haven't listened to all of it straight through (mostly just hopping around), but it's real enjoyable so far. And I'm loving all of the Sonic samples that are added in.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I was checking up on Chrom at the castle lobby and he said this:

Takes notes, Link. I think you can learn a lesson from Chrom for all that pot-smashing you do.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I hadn't realized how much I missed exploring Mira...

Was going to play some more Link to the Past, but with what happened today I just wanted to relax mostly, and I had been getting a little impatient trying to figure out how to get to where I left off, so I popped in Xenoblade X into the Wii U and just wandered around Mira for the past few hours...

And took a few snapshots...

I love Mira, simply for the fact that no matter where you go you always feel like there's something to do...Whether it's climbing, swimming, taking in the view, observing the wildlife, or just booking it across the landscape...

Just getting lost in the world...

Edit: It also would be great to not take fall damage like in this game...stupid real world physics...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hadn't realized how much I missed exploring Mira...

Was going to play some more Link to the Past, but with what happened today I just wanted to relax mostly, and I had been getting a little impatient trying to figure out how to get to where I left off, so I popped in Xenoblade X into the Wii U and just wandered around Mira for the past few hours...

And took a few snapshots...

I love Mira, simply for the fact that no matter where you go you always feel like there's something to do...Whether it's climbing, swimming, taking in the view, observing the wildlife, or just booking it across the landscape...

Just getting lost in the world...

Edit: It also would be great to not take fall damage like in this game...stupid real world physics...
Yeah. Open world games can get boring for me sometimes, but Mira is just so fun to explore.

They truly made a beautiful world.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Freaking DBS knows how to plot.

Apparently Zeno wanted to delete many Universes anyway, as their "NINGEN level" was too low, and Goku's idea of a Tournament will give the pleb Universes a chance to redeem themselves and survive.
Suddenly Goku is the hero again lol.

Gohan vs Lavenda was cool even when it was pretty short.
Lavenda basically spammed Toxic and Venoshock to Gohan to wear him down.:110:
Until Gohan overcame the pain and used a Seismic Toss to crush the 2nd Fox :006:

Lavenda got KOed and Gohan fainted due poison damage. Tie.

Next fight is Goku vs Lucario.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Freaking DBS knows how to plot.

Apparently Zeno wanted to delete many Universes anyway, as their "NINGEN level" was too low, and Goku's idea of a Tournament will give the pleb Universes a chance to redeem themselves and survive.
Suddenly Goku is the hero again lol.

Gohan vs Lavenda was cool even when it was pretty short.
Lavenda basically spammed Toxic and Venoshock to Gohan to wear him down.:110:
Until Gohan overcame the pain and used a Seismic Toss to crush the 2nd Fox :006:

Lavenda got KOed and Gohan fainted due poison damage. Tie.

Next fight is Goku vs Lucario.
Give Gohan command grabs in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Man, finding a good Switch T-shirt that'll come in fast isnt easy... At least I'm almost ready for Launch day. Just gotta pay off the spare joy-cons

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I just pulled off an arena score of 4,162.

Sure, it sounds pretty standard for a high level team, but consider this:
1. I only have one 5 star unit in my arena team. The rest are still only 4 stars.
2. They're only Levels 35-37.

I may or may not have stumbled onto a secretly really good setup thanks to my hit-and-miss pulls and a stroke of teambuilding brilliance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom