• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Early 2018"

The first trailer, and it's already been delayed? I knew that "leak" seemed dodgy. Hmph. But now I know to plan for a 2028-ish EU release.

The 3DS will never die at this rate. :p (Not that I'm complaining, since I don't plan on buying a Switch just yet.)
That 2018 was an error, they fixed it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, who wants to laugh at fake leaks? NeoGAF found the annual fake sheet of paper, so I figured I'd share it here.

It's that time of year again. Isn't it beautiful?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Alright, who wants to laugh at fake leaks? NeoGAF found the annual fake sheet of paper, so I figured I'd share it here.

It doesn't matter what this "leak" contains, because there's one MAJOR flaw to this: Nintendo hasn't used that red logo in years.

Nintendo currently uses a white logo on a red background (a.k.a. the OPPOSITE of what we're seeing) :facepalm:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

I was about to ask whats Monster Hunter Gen 2 but then I remebed MH:Gen in Japan was MH:X and the sequal in MH:XX and XX is coming to switch

Also Tekken?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It doesn't matter what this "leak" contains, because there's one MAJOR flaw to this: Nintendo hasn't used that red logo in years.

Nintendo currently uses a white logo on a red background (a.k.a. the OPPOSITE of what we're seeing) :facepalm:
So something like this then?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

No F-Zero SX.
No Golden Sun 4.
No Advance Wars 5.
No Ice Climber RPG.

Even as a wishlist it's terrible.

I won't lie, though, I'd play a Luigi's Mansion set in Sarasaland. And I'm not even that big on Daisy.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Patch notes for tomorrow's FE Heroes update. Along with Tempest Trials, they're making a bunch of QoL improvements.

SO glad they're adding a "Claim All" option to the Quest Rewards menu, it always baffled me that they didn't have that. I also like how we can set our Arena Defense team manually.

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/sp/topics/index.html?id=detail-20170607
"Tomorrow"? It's been live for the past 18 hours or so, we've already datamined the hell out of it. :p You need to update via the App/Play Store, not in-game. It's the Tempest Trials that start from tomorrow, but you need to download the update first in order to play it. But you can get the quality-of-life stuff right now. My favourite bit is being able to name teams. Pretty soon we'll see teams named "Four Marths" that are actually made up of four different iterations of Lucina.

• Zephiel's GHB is returning, so get training him if you already have him (Sharena is also required for the accompanying missions)
  • Focus banner for "units with Vantage" (Gordin, Reinhardt, and Lon'qu, presumably)
  • Focus banner for the Tempest Trials (don't know who's on it, though)
  • New Xenologue chapter: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/The_Brink_of_Chaos/Script
  • New sacred seal, Quickened Pulse, which lowers your special cooldown by 1 at the start of a map (but only at the start of a map)

That 2018 was an error, they fixed it
"Fall 2017"

Much better.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To be fair, the fighting game quote was probably taken out of context.

Also, Sakurai did seem to approach DLC as each character filling some "role".

Corrin was straight up confirmed to be picked from characters who could serve for promotion.

Mewtwo was "special thanks"

Notice how with Mewtwo's promotion they NEVER mentioned that he was a cut veteran. When he was announced, the April Fools direct, his released, his description on the EShop...nothing. However: Roy and Lucas were seen as "returning" characters.

Sakurai has always been VERY involved with the promotion of Smash -- ever from the first Smash Dojo. We know from Chris Pranger, that Sakurai had hundreds of hours of recording done just for a 10-second commercial.

So while it is indeed speculation, it's speculation that has a number of pieces of evidence supporting it.
That's fair enough, though you still haven't adressed my latter question about why Roy would be the cut Melee rep when Dr. Mario is already there and there is also the poor logic inherent (if true) regarding choosing one Melee rep and one Brawl rep.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
People like to complain
People like to complain about complaining
People like to complain about complaining about complaining

Seriously though, we were never truly promised a console core Pokémon since the series' beginning (though Switch being the first sounds possible)

Can't see what the article says because I refuse to disable adblock for them

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
People like to complain
People like to complain about complaining
People like to complain about complaining about complaining

Seriously though, we were never truly promised a console core Pokémon since the series' beginning (though Switch being the first sounds possible)

Can't see what the article says because I refuse to disable adblock for them
I just never thought people would be so mad that Switch didnt get a pokemon game and 3DS did

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I hope Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has more Alolan forms.

And if it's only Generation I again I'll be super ticked.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That fake Spotlight paper leak is hilariously bad.

Also lol at their FE16 subtitle. For a series with names like Sacred Stones, Awakening, Path of Radiance, and Genealogy of the Holy War, "Broken Alliance" sounds horrendously out of place.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just never thought people would be so mad that Switxh didnt get a pokemon game and 3DS did
I think the problem is that people expected Nintendo to just dump the 3DS like, right the very minute the Switch came out. Multiple official statement's saying otherwise didn't convince them, a Direct didn't convince them, a new 2DS XL release didn't convince them, not even Pokemon convinced them! Because Nintendo said that the DS wouldn't replace the GBA, although didn't that also stick around for at least a year too?

I don't get why people are so hellbent on Nintendo quickly killing off the 3DS anyway, let the Switch settle in properly first, it's barely been out for a few months and most people don't have the financial investment yet to just move on to the next console like that. Forcing all your consumers from both the hand held and home console market to move on to the next system and so abruptly sounds like a terrible business plan to me. Didn't Sega make a similar kind of mistake like that once?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Nintendo: We're still going to support our popular 3DS
Literally everyone: Okay
Nintendo: Here's a game on the 3DS
Idiots: OH MY ****ING GOD HOW DARE YOU WHY CAN'T I USE MY SWITCH FOR THIS

Also I found out how many remasters the PS4 has. Suddenly MK8D and Pokken DX are NOTHING
The PS4 has remasters on top of a ton of new games to play. Meanwhile the Switch is mostly ports, and it's future is mostly ports. This will of course change, but as of right now, it's lackluster.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo: We're still going to support our popular 3DS
Literally everyone: Okay
Nintendo: Here's a game on the 3DS
Idiots: OH MY ****ING GOD HOW DARE YOU WHY CAN'T I USE MY SWITCH FOR THIS

Also I found out how many remasters the PS4 has. Suddenly MK8D and Pokken DX are NOTHING
Actually, people were throwing tantrums that the 3DS was getting any support at all long before Pokemon was announced, this just sent it into overdrive.

People seem to think Nintendo should drop everything they've already dumped money into making and not make any quick asset recycling cash-ins that simply wouldn't happen on the Switch period, the realistic fact that development cycles exist and regardless of what they did these franchises would be at least a couple years off on the Switch be darned.

It's like the console equivalent of people ripping into Pittoo for "taking K. Rool's slot." No, no they didn't. Not all effort put into something is equal.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The PS4 has remasters on top of a ton of new games to play. Meanwhile the Switch is mostly ports, and it's future is mostly ports. This will of course change, but as of right now, it's lackluster.
"Mostly ports" Like the PS3. And the Switch is only 3 months old with a bunch of games confirmed already. Besides, Nintendo has had at least one major release per month since it launched. BotW (Switch version outright outsold the Switch), MK8D, ARMS, Splatoon 2. That's not too bad for a system out for such a short time. And we're getting Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, third party support. Really, it's already got a more promising line up than the Xbox One really has imo

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Mostly ports" Like the PS3. And the Switch is only 3 months old with a bunch of games confirmed already. Besides, Nintendo has had at least one major release per month since it launched. BotW (Switch version outright outsold the Switch), MK8D, ARMS, Splatoon 2. That's not too bad for a system out for such a short time. And we're getting Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, third party support. Really, it's already got a more promising line up than the Xbox One really has imo
I don't remember the PS3 only having ports at all.

And I also don't get why you keep trying to dig up an older console that had the same misstep as something the Switch is being criticised for as some sort of shallow defense.

Just because some system in the past had a bad launch, or just because some system in the past had lackluster ports of last gen games, doesn't mean it's OK for Nintendo to do it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Played Tekken 7 for the first time today. God damn is the move list overwhelming, but the game plays crisp. Def want to put time into that.
Not sure if anyone else told you, but you usually don't need to utilize an entire move-list. Most character I think use 30 or so really important ones.

Things like 10 strings aren't too great,since they rarely leave the opponent in a good juggle state.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just saw the image on Twitter. It's not about how many ports/remasters there are, but how much of the library consists of it. PS4 has a lot of remasters, but it also has a ton more new games on top of it. The Switch will pick up with tine, but at the moment, it's library is very port/remaster heavy.

And who's talking about the Xbox One?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also want to point out that that one image of all of the last gen PS4 remasters mostly contains third party ones, those have nothing to do with Sony though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't remember the PS3 only having ports at all.

And I also don't get why you keep trying to dig up an older console that had the same misstep as something the Switch is being criticised for as some sort of shallow defense.

Just because some system in the past had a bad launch, or just because some system in the past had lackluster ports of last gen games, doesn't mean it's OK for Nintendo to do it. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Have you not heard of the 'PS3 has no games' thing?

Also with ports, y'all mean the Deluxe stuff Nintendo's doing and BotW? Because if so, I assumed you meant 'games that also release on other systems' and I can't see that as a negative
I just saw the image on Twitter. It's not about how many ports/remasters there are, but how much of the library consists of it. PS4 has a lot of remasters, but it also has a ton more new games on top of it. The Switch will pick up with tine, but at the moment, it's library is very port/remaster heavy.

And who's talking about the Xbox One?
4 Wii U games confirmed period. 'port/remaster heavy'
I had to add the forth because I suddenly remembered that LEGO game. Snot THAT heavy considering what's coming

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Mostly ports??

Well I mean, third parties of course because we knew long before the Switch was even announced third parties can't be bothered to give a crud about Nintendo, but Nintendo themselves only has one port in the pipeline and five original games. Even if you want to count the game with release parity on the New 3DS (LOL) as a port, that's still four original games.

And they've already released one original game (that people hate, but just like Federation Force we can't erase things from reality just because people hate them), one game that had release parity (did every game that had release parity on both the PS3 and PS4 count as a port?), and one full on port.

Overall Nintendo released/is releasing 5 games that never touched anything else. In nine months. While the hardware hasn't even been solidified long enough for a lot of their teams to likely have anything ready.

E3 is in six days.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

These names are so good

"Luigi's Mansion: Sarasaland Spirits"
"Metroid Prime 4: Scars"
"Donkey Kong: Skull Jungle" sounds like a King Kong crossover

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Have you not heard of the 'PS3 has no games' thing?

Also with ports, y'all mean the Deluxe stuff Nintendo's doing and BotW? Because if so, I assumed you meant 'games that also release on other systems' and I can't see that as a negative

4 Wii U games confirmed period. 'port/remaster heavy'
I had to add the forth because I suddenly remembered that LEGO game. Snot THAT heavy considering what's coming
Detractors of every console will claim it has "no games". Par for the course.

PS3 had a slow start, but even when it picked up (and it really did), I don't recall it being heavy on remasters of PS2 era games. Those actually only came out around the END of the PS3's life, and were of decade old games at that point. Nintendo's Switch remasters/deluxe games are of games that aren't even a half a decade old. Pokkén isn't even two years old yet.

I don't know what other people's issues with the Wii U remastered games for Switch are, but the issues I've noticed with them are:

-They're sold at full price, and don't add enough content to justify them being bought at that price for people who had the originals. Yet they're intended to be the major titles of that period (MK8DX was the major Spring game), so people who had the originals are left with a drought because they have no major release to buy that they don't already own on Wii U. For as much as people **** on other companies for making remasters in a year or two, those are almost always sold at a discounted price compared to what people bought the original games for. This is a win-win for both new players and people who owned the originals. It's both good for the company's image and can bring in more sales because of the cheap price in comparison to other games coming out at the same time. Nintendo is bad at pricing in general so this is a larger problem with how they operate altogether, though.

-The content they add is in this weird place where most of it doesn't feel substantial enough to warrant a new retail release. MK8DX wasn't too bad because Battle Mode is a new addition that likely could not have been done via DLC in the Wii U version, but Pokkén has had the data for the new fighters (sans Decidueye or whatever his name is) in the Wii U version for months now, so it's no wonder people are a bit peeved that they're being held back for a new, full-price release on a new, expensive system.

In my opinion, if Nintendo is to make a Smash Wii U port for Switch, it either has to be sold at a discounted price if it's as minor as the additions in Pokkén (i.e. just a handful of new characters and stages with QoL improvements, essentially a €60 DLC pack), or they actually add something significant to the game that sets it apart from the Wii U version and THEN sell it at full price (i.e. 3DS version stages, Smash Run, something like Adventure Mode or Subspace Emissary, Tournament Mode, a better mode for amiibo, etc).

I've said it time and time again, but Hyrule Warriors Legends and Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy are the gold standard to which I hold ports/remasters in terms of having enough new content to justify the double dip. One of these is a Nintendo game, so it's not like Nintendo doesn't know how to do it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So something like this then?

I spy with my little eye something that says Switch Wars.

...which is a dead give away that it's fake.
No F-Zero SX.
No Golden Sun 4.
No Advance Wars 5.
No Ice Climber RPG.

Even as a wishlist it's terrible.

I won't lie, though, I'd play a Luigi's Mansion set in Sarasaland. And I'm not even that big on Daisy.
Preach my brotha!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I have several questions.

http://www.newnownext.com/babadook-gay-lgbt-icon/06/2017/

How in the flying **** did this happen? Is this the new "Cory in the House is the best anime"?
Likely.

Netflix made a mistake a year ago where the server accidentally categorized Babadook as a LGBT film.

Then naturally, Tumblr took it and ran with it for a year. Almost every LGBT website (Even Teen Vogue) is unironically enjoying the meme. Even to the point here he's mimetically deemed a gay icon for Pride Month.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

"Luigi's Mansion 3: Sarasaland Spirits" legit sounds like the sort of thing someone would come up with for a DeviantArt cover mockup.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"Luigi's Mansion 3: Sarasaland Spirits" legit sounds like the sort of thing someone would come up with for a DeviantArt cover mockup.
Or bait just to mess with certain Daisy enthusiasts.

Just like that old Paper Mario leak that involved Sarasaland.

These leaks are becoming too predictable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aw damn it.

Was hoping we would see this at E3.

We haven't seen a lick of gameplay. At this point, I can't say I'm invested.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Likely.

Netflix made a mistake a year ago where the server accidentally categorized Babadook as a LGBT film.

Then naturally, Tumblr took it and ran with it for a year. Almost every LGBT website (Even Teen Vogue) is unironically enjoying the meme. Even to the point here he's mimetically deemed a gay icon for Pride Month.
> Tumblr
> Netflix

That explains everything.

Just hope this meme won't be bad as Harambe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom