• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They added a helmet to the Mr Freeze Premier skin

He looked better without it, honestly he looks a bit like Abe Sapien now.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
What if....

the Sinnoh Remakes were Pokemon Stars all along? >.>

Just a thought...
I watched a Youtube video where the Poketuber made that same speculation, and he discussed how Pokemon Stars could be the codename for DP remakes the same way Pokemon Rainbow was the codename for Sun and Moon.

That would be a pretty interesting turnout.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What if....

the Sinnoh Remakes were Pokemon Stars all along? >.>

Just a thought...
Like Erureido Erureido pointed out, it could be that Stars is the codename for the DP Remakes, in which case I'm in favor of because I feel its too soon for an SM follow-up and we need a break from this damn gen 1 favoritism, which DP remakes can break the mold out of.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Okami poll I felt was a bit too one-sided. It was pretty much the fans giving their praise to her and some to Waka. It's as if Oki and Rao didn't exist, not that they would be likely. Either way, at least I know that Amaterasu support never really died.

Next up is Viewtiful Joe and this one will be a bit long since the series had its own fighter before the franchise died. Most of these are the henshin heroes of Movieland, half of them being a part of the same family (or more like both pairs being a part of two different families). Your choices are Viewtiful Joe, Sexy Silvia, Captain Blue, and Jasmine Black.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If only Kids WB didn't cancel the show.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Okami poll I felt was a bit too one-sided. It was pretty much the fans giving their praise to her and some to Waka. It's as if Oki and Rao didn't exist, not that they would be likely. Either way, at least I know that Amaterasu support never really died.

Next up is Viewtiful Joe and this one will be a bit long since the series had its own fighter before the franchise died. Most of these are the henshin heroes of Movieland, half of them being a part of the same family (or more like both pairs being a part of two different families). Your choices are Viewtiful Joe, Sexy Silvia, Captain Blue, and Jasmine Black.

Well, Joe is pretty much the only choice, so...yeah. Gotta go with VIEW-TI-FUL JOE!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope the next Pokemon game has Move Tutors, some Alola Pokemon really lack movepool.
Also, please, I want my Bewear with Drain Punch, if it's not a move it can learn, I'm going to be mad.

Also Extreme Speed.

And Fly.

Is it tomorrow morning yet?

Obvious choice. Some like it Red Hot, and i'm one of them

pointless polls are pointless

D

Deleted member

I'm still crying because of LWA, holy ****, Tumblr certainly isn't helping with these Love Like You mashups
Its going to be a pretty damn boring game if there are no new pokemon
So I guess you hated B2W2 too? Or any other Pokemon game that wasn't the first of its Gen?

Chrono.

So I played Tekken 7 for awhile now, time for some deets (because people here asked for them):

- Story is as short as everyone says it is, it's around 4 to 6 long. Not counting character episodes (which you do separately from the main story anyway).

- The Story itself is... It's alright, I guess. Flashy as all hell, but if you were expecting any sort of conclusion from this story you're gonna be really disappointed. Also Akuma's inclusion in canon is just as fan fiction-self insert-y as it gets, which you may like or hate.
And depending on where you stand, making Heihachi out to be the good guy all along might not sit well with you. But that's mostly if you cared about the story in the first place.

- Aside from that, there's Character Episodes, which are one short fight and ending, as well as a quick intro of what the character were doing while the main story was happening. That said not ALL characters have episodes, only the ones that aren't too involved in the main plot (Nina, Claudio and I guess Devil Jin being exceptions). The endings range from humorous to serious to semi plot relevant, which is business as usual for Tekken.

- Oh yeah, there's also a special epilogue chapter, which is a one on one fight with Shin Akuma while you play as Devil Kazuya (in his new form). It's pretty hard (at least for me anyway).

- Next, you got Arcade Mode which was very butchered. Going from 8 fights and an ending to 5 fights and no ending (because CEs cover that). I don't mind them shortening the mode, but I feel you could've just mixed character episodes with the Arcade ladder somehow, because there's no real reason to go to Arcade other than grinding money.

- Finally there's Treasure Battle, kinda works like a mix of a traditional Survival mode and Golden Arena mode from Persona 4 Ultimax (for comparison's sake). You fight people, get a random Customization item and money, with some bosses at certain points. It's alright.

Overall there's quite a few missing modes this time around and the Story itself isn't really all that great (if it wasn't for the sheer over the top action I'd say it's worse than SFV's), but for me the gameplay makes up for it, it's still fun as hell and the new characters are all mostly great, plus even the old ones have new tricks. And the wacky customization is still there, so that could keep you busy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Linked because of two curses, but this image describing the different types of Fire Emblem fans got a laugh out of me. :p

D

Deleted member

well BWw added those fusions, right? also I forgot what gen but they added evo to pokemon that didnt have them so I stayed intrested in those
Literally no secondary game in a Generation added brand new Pokémon that didn't exist before.

Only Formes/Mega Evolutions/Primal Reversions/anything else that was added to pre-existing Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
There is also that weird Shell Smash Kommo-o in the Battle Tree.

That move would make it a very interesting Pokemon.

I need more moves and buffs, MOAR!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't see STARS being a codename for Shinnoh Remakes when the Stars rumor says its for a port of Sun and Moon with enhanced features in the vein of a 3rd game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Linked because of two curses, but this image describing the different types of Fire Emblem fans got a laugh out of me. :p
Actually, in my experience most FE4 fans dread a remake because they're worried IS will "butcher" it somehow.

The Archanaea fan thing is pretty accurate for me, considering I like all the games in the series to an extent.

**** Chris from FE12, though. Where's that on the chart, huh?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Literally no secondary game in a Generation added brand new Pokémon that didn't exist before.

Only Formes/Mega Evolutions/Primal Reversions/anything else that was added to pre-existing Pokémon.
Well I just said idk what gen did it so I cant even remeber what it was. what was the Gen that introduced Togekiss?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I played Tekken 7 for awhile now, time for some deets (because people here asked for them):

- Story is as short as everyone says it is, it's around 4 to 6 long. Not counting character episodes (which you do separately from the main story anyway).

- The Story itself is... It's alright, I guess. Flashy as all hell, but if you were expecting any sort of conclusion from this story you're gonna be really disappointed. Also Akuma's inclusion in canon is just as fan fiction-self insert-y as it gets, which you may like or hate.
And depending on where you stand, making Heihachi out to be the good guy all along might not sit well with you. But that's mostly if you cared about the story in the first place.

- Aside from that, there's Character Episodes, which are one short fight and ending, as well as a quick intro of what the character were doing while the main story was happening. That said not ALL characters have episodes, only the ones that aren't too involved in the main plot (Nina, Claudio and I guess Devil Jin being exceptions). The endings range from humorous to serious to semi plot relevant, which is business as usual for Tekken.

- Oh yeah, there's also a special epilogue chapter, which is a one on one fight with Shin Akuma while you play as Devil Kazuya (in his new form). It's pretty hard (at least for me anyway).

- Next, you got Arcade Mode which was very butchered. Going from 8 fights and an ending to 5 fights and no ending (because CEs cover that). I don't mind them shortening the mode, but I feel you could've just mixed character episodes with the Arcade ladder somehow, because there's no real reason to go to Arcade other than grinding money.

- Finally there's Treasure Battle, kinda works like a mix of a traditional Survival mode and Golden Arena mode from Persona 4 Ultimax (for comparison's sake). You fight people, get a random Customization item and money, with some bosses at certain points. It's alright.

Overall there's quite a few missing modes this time around and the Story itself isn't really all that great (if it wasn't for the sheer over the top action I'd say it's worse than SFV's), but for me the gameplay makes up for it, it's still fun as hell and the new characters are all mostly great, plus even the old ones have new tricks. And the wacky customization is still there, so that could keep you busy.
Sounds like a bargain bin/"hope I get it as a gift" game for me then.

If I want a multiplayer Tekken fix with friends, TTT2 already covers me as well as Tekken 3. Tekken 6 is something I can revisit if I want to play on my own since I quite like Scenario Campaign. Since I main Lili and I don't see that changing, this game won't hold anything substantially new for me. New characters are fine, they just don't look like my cup of tea so I'd probably stick with Lili with Lars as my secondary. That's why I was hoping for more content in terms of modes and features. I love Tekken but this one seems like a bit of a step down.

Thanks for the info though.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I did. Still doesn't counter the confirmed fact that had Corrin not been at the right time and right place (eg. if his game was released much earlier) he wouldn't have been considered regardless of how unique or interesting he would have been as a fighter due to Sakurai himself stating that he was specifically looking for a newcomer from an upcoming game. Between that and the fact Sakurai admitted that Corrin's inclusion was "strategic" and people have every reason to assume he only really got considered because he could advertise an upcoming game. Any merits he had as a character was secondary to that fact.
Thing is, there's something here that gets overlooked: how important relevance is when looking at first party, non-retro newcomer candidates. It's a recurring thing throughout Smash's history, at least starting with the back end of Melee's roster once the main core had been established. Often, a character being considered comes down to whether they've done anything notable at the right time, and as we've seen, a lack of relevance can cripple someone's chances. For series with consistent casts like Mario or Kirby or the like, it's not as big a factor since most of their core sticks around for almost every game. But for series whose casts are constantly rotating, like Pokémon, or Fire Emblem, or now Xenoblade, being relevant at the right time is crucial for their chances in Smash. It's why Sakurai put so much emphasis on "windows of opportunity" in his essay in the Fire Emblem art book.

That's why there was so much talk about Corrin's timing. They wanted a newcomer from an upcoming game because they wanted someone who was relevant at the moment but might not be in the future, since a lack of relevance has proven to be a deal breaker no matter how important you are. I'm willing to bet they had several such characters in mind, and weighed their options based on what each of them could do and what new things they could bring to the table. Ultimately, Corrin's nature as a half-dragon shapeshifter won out. If I'd been there, Corrin wouldn't have been my first choice (I probably would've picked Sceptile), but that seems to be how it happened.

But since much of the fanbase has this mindset that "only the worthy" can get in, and judge a character's worth based on how long they've been around and how many games they're in, they see newer characters as unworthy unless it's socially acceptable to like them. The anger and resentment from seeing a character they didn't think deserved the honor, combined with a need to figure out why it happened, was what led to people assuming Corrin must have been chosen out of pure bias or must have only gotten in as a shallow advertising tool, as if there was no other explanation. Even though evidence proving otherwise has been staring us in the face the whole time!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I just said idk what gen did it so I cant even remeber what it was. what was the Gen that introduced Togekiss?
4th Gen. Diamond and Pearl.

Togekiss wasn't added to the Pokedex in Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, it was added in Diamond and Pearl along with every other Sinnoh Pokémon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Outside of the main series however, new Pokémon (of a future generation) have been unveiled multiple times, like Bonsly and Munchlax in Pokémon XD, and Lucario in Pokémon MD.

Its not a concept that's never happened, just not in the main games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
4th Gen. Diamond and Pearl.

Togekiss wasn't added to the Pokedex in Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, it was added in Diamond and Pearl along with every other Sinnoh Pokémon.
Oh well damn, and here I was saying I want sinnoh so bad and I cant even remeber what pokemon were in that gen

D

Deleted member

Outside of the main series however, new Pokémon (of a future generation) have been unveiled multiple times, like Bonsly and Munchlax in Pokémon XD, and Lucario in Pokémon MD.

Its not a concept that's never happened, just not in the main games.
Those were all shown off in the movies before the games, though.

Never has there been a game that has introduced a brand new Pokémon that was never seen before outside the initial games of the Generation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Those were all shown off in the movies before the games, though.
That doesn't really matter. They made an appearance in games before their formal appearance in the main series. That was the point in context.

But if we're going to bring up the anime, this is something that's happened since the beginning, starting (I think) with Snubbull and gang in that Pikachu short. And of course Ho-Oh.

EDIT: My bad. Accidently clicked post. :V

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also that chart left out the Kaga purists, AKA the uber FE hipsters..

If I had to make points to add them to that list:
  • Only considers FE1-5 to be "real" FE games.
  • Considers FE4 the pinnacle of the series proper.
  • Reads/speaks Japanese.
  • Considers TRS, Berwick Saga, and Vestaria Saga to be the "real" FE 6-8.
  • Makes no distinction between FE6-12 and Awakening/Fates.
  • Doesn't interact much with the rest of the fandom.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Now this is something that you should see @Blue_Sword_Edge

That being said, I didn't click the spoiler because I still don't have Tekken 7. My expectations are definitely high with this compared to Street Fighter V.

And I guess that's it. Time to avoid the obvious spoiler.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

To be fair, KidsWB was dying to begin with. The same day that block died was the time they "cancelled" the dub. Not that it was any good since a lot of the voices were unfitting (Looking at you deep voiced edgy Alastor).

Speaking of Alastor, hope you don't forget about him. The true star of the show that deserves 5 stars for his villain performance. The script never gives him a break.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As an FE6 fan I make no excuses for Zephiel's actions. The guy deserves no sympathy for what he did. Yeah it sucked what his father tried to do to him but you don't go out blaming everyone in the world for what your douche father did to you.

Especially after everything I did for the poor ****** in Battle Before Dawn. Talk about being ungrateful. If there's an FE7/FE6 remake they need to make an option where you let Zephiel die so we don't have to put up with his crap 20-25 years later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom