• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know, a Fates character was a now-or-never chance, only now could a character be introduced, or elss its giant moveset potential would be lost in thoughts all alone.

But then they picked Corn and pretended the dragon arms did anything other than look good while Tiki could do that and more at any time of the week.
I'm not bothered by Corn as much as I am bothered by how much they dropped the ball on the Dragon's Vein mechanic.
Not only did they not include Fates' terraforming uses of the dragon blood, they also ignored actually unique functions of dragons, such as breathing and wing attacks in favor of "generic sword attack but with two swords but one is a dragon arm but they act the same and despite the sword being a chainsaw it doesn't act that way either"

Yes, the dragon arm and chainsaw sword look cool but they have done very little to make it more than a visual gimmick.
The pinning seems cool until you realize they didn't need a manakete to do that; a spear-wielder would've done as well.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I figure you'd be the best person to ask about this, since you're part of the game collector/preservationist crowd.

At what point, if any, do digital versions start to deteriorate, necessitating a physical version for preservation purposes? I've heard this a few times (with the whole "digital releases are licenses, not ownership" argument attached) but never really understood the specifics of it.
I'm not an expert on this by any means, as it's somewhat a complicated thing that varies by system/game. With Digital Games, having a physical copy is just an extra insurance for whenever the service offering the game shuts down and consoles start breaking down/data wipes their system. The other factor to consider is having a copy of the game in it's original state i.e. without edits/highscores/updates.

Most games besides mobile titles aren't at risk these days given the ever expanding game community. With retro titles it's a whole different story sadly...Here's a few videos to check out, it'd imagine the first one would interest people here the most.

Lost Kirby SNES Games Found - Would read the pinned comment in the comments section
Prototype NES Game being held Hostage
Unreleased NES Game Found & Dumped
Uber Rare Famicom Game Found & Dumped
Unreleased SNES Game Edited, Original ROM Hostage
Official SNES Re-Release of Previous Lost Title - Up for sale on Amazon.JP
Kickstarter for unreleased unlicensed NES Title

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Importance still mattered overall. He's the main character of his game. Advertisement wasn't so much as "it's now or never".
He's the main character of his own game, but he's not exactly the only FE character who could claim that. He just happened to be at the right time and at the right place. Also, Sakurai pretty much confirmed that his process was looking for a newcomer character from an upcoming release and then went to Corrin as the best choice, even stating that his inclusion was "strategic"

Also, I think it's pointless to bring the bolded up as not only is that something that applied to many characters in the past who failed to make it in, but very few people would have cared if Corrin didn't make it in.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Pokémon Direct? Neat! Decided to make a Straw Poll for the occasion:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13119149
It was a tough pick between Stars and Sun 2/Moon 2, but I picked the latter because something tells me we're getting the sequel games tomorrow...

...at least if the leak is anything to go by. The concept art looks rather convincing to me.

On a side note, funny coincidence that the current top 2 picks are colored blue and pink on the pie chart, the same colors as Diamond and Pearl.

You can still play DPP on the 3DS, so there's not much point there.
If we get DPP remakes on the 3DS, it wouldn't be the first time remakes were playable on the same system that its original versions could work on too. Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow were all playable on the Gameboy Advance, and we still got remakes of those games for that system as well.

But yeah, I too am skeptical about DPP remakes. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to happen, but to me, it's more of a "too good to be true" kind of deal.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Atlas went bald on me.

I must have used him so much he lost his hair from the stress.

WVW69kX-dSY0bQomhG.jpg

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If we get DPP remakes on the 3DS, it wouldn't be the first time remakes were playable on the same system that its original versions could work on too. Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow were all playable on the Gameboy Advance, and we still got remakes of those games for that system as well.

But yeah, I too am skeptical about DPP remakes. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to happen, but to me, it's more of a "too good to be true" kind of deal.
We also had Twilight Princess HD not too long ago despite the Wii version also being playable on the Wii U.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I honestly have a hard time believing the 4chan leak as

I doubt GF would just drop the Alolan trials like that. There have been some contention about the mechanic, but it's also true that it's tied deeply into the region's culture and world and I don't think GF would build it up so much for Sun/Moon just to drop it when the next game focused on Alola comes around. I think if they were to go the Gym route the trials would be integrated into the Gyms or done alongside them, not removed entirely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's the main character of his own game, but he's not exactly the only FE character who could claim that. He just happened to be at the right time and at the right place. Also, Sakurai pretty much confirmed that his process was looking for a newcomer character from an upcoming release and then went to Corrin as the best choice, even stating that his inclusion was "strategic"

Also, I think it's pointless to bring the bolded up as not only is that something that applied to many characters in the past who failed to make it in, but very few people would have cared if Corrin didn't make it in.
No, the bolded is very relevant to the situation. That was his one and only chance. Being the main character still mattered, since that's why he got chosen over any other possible Fates character. There's more than one reason to get picked, as they all played a part.

Things are not that black and white. There's multiple reasons for Corrin's inclusion. Uniqueness, Main Characters, Perfect Timing.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
No, the bolded is very relevant to the situation. That was his one and only chance
Which doesn't really matter as nothing major, positive or negative would have happened had Corrin not made it in. He's not exactly a "needed" character by any definition of the term as your statement about it was "now or never" for him implies nor would many people regard him as such. FE Fates would have still sold well and we would have simply gotten another character had Sakurai refused to have Corrin as a playable character.

Things are not that black and white. There's multiple reasons for Corrin's inclusion. Uniqueness, Main Characters, Perfect Timing.
And that is the most important factor as without it, Corrin would never have been considered in the first place. Sakurai wanted an advertisement character for an upcoming game and based on various criteria, Corrin was deemed the best choice out of a selection.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't believe that image is legit. The only way I'd believe it is it's still on the the 3DS or Game Freak went super lazy in the Switch port (neither sounds likely).

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Some Italian artist claims he made them and a video of how he made it will be uploaded on his YT channel soon.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which doesn't really matter as nothing major, positive or negative would have happened had Corrin not made it in. He's not exactly a "needed" character by any definition of the term as your statement about it was "now or never" for him implies nor would many people regard him as such. FE Fates would have still sold well and we would have simply gotten another character had Sakurai refused to have Corrin as a playable character.
The point is going over your head. It was definitely "now or never". That's also part of the perfect timing clause for him. It doesn't matter what the fanbase thought since it had nothing to do with this. It was Sakurai realizing he didn't get anoter chance.

And that is the most important factor as without it, Corrin would never have been considered in the first place. Sakurai wanted an advertisement character for an upcoming game and based on various criteria, Corrin was deemed the best choice out of a selection.
He didn't exactly have any real competition either that we can tell of. There's no information to suggest anybody else was ideal as a 7th DLC character at all. What selection? All we know is that he's the main character. You're being way too vague here. What criteria are you talking about? The ones I said? You need to be more clear here.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Some Italian artist claims he made them and a video of how he made it will be uploaded on his YT channel soon.
Well, that's interesting.

A part of me wants to say, "And... we're done!", but another part of me says, "This sounds like the Duck Hunt render during the ESRB leak all over again."

I'm interested in seeing how he drew that concept art.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'd be about as ok with a Sun/Moon followup / sequel as a D/P/P remake; lots of stuff to improve on in both cases for it to be one of my favorites, though. My guess would be another Alola game (that's at the very least non-Switch-exclusive), but neither would surprise me.

I don't buy the leak at all; timing's too convenient if nothing else.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, that's interesting.

A part of me wants to say, "And... we're done!", but another part of me says, "This sounds like the Duck Hunt render during the ESRB leak all over again."

I'm interested in seeing how he drew that concept art.
He accompanied his claim with two pictures, of which one is of the video:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
YES Pokemon Direct HYPE! Can't wait! Betting on Kanto and Alola sequel.
posting the potential leak from 4chan/gaf/dont really care, because even thlough someone mentioned it, we all know it would show up sooner or later here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239229135&postcount=520

lol Alola pokemon stay relevant forever for smash

Although note a few posts below what Dqrow/bias/etc noted before I could edit
Saw this last night, seems pretty unlikely due to how easy it is to display images on Switch, the no trials and no new alolan forms or megas.
Pokémon Direct? Neat! Decided to make a Straw Poll for the occasion:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13119149
Do note, Stars is not listed as a 3rd game. The rumor says its a port with enhanced features, but not considered a third game,

That said, I do thing STARS is the codename, but with all the gen 1 tweets lately on the japanese pokemon twitter and the Kanto hints in Sun and Moon, I think we are going back to Alola and Kanto and following Lillie's journey this time.
She probably won't be playable, but I could her being met multiple times throughout the story with Lusamine to.

I also can't see the game being on the 3ds unless its on the switch to, but we shall see. Regardless it hopefully will be pretty good.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
He accompanied his claim with two pictures, of which one is of the video:
i dont belive anyone who says they drew anything in regards to pokemon...lest we forget the gen 5 starters or greninja OR the starters of this gen

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It doesn't matter what the fanbase thought since it had nothing to do with this. It was Sakurai realizing he didn't get anoter chance.
I looked over all the interviews about Corrin over at Sourcegaming and Sakurai never stated or implied that he felt he needed to include Corrin because it was a "now or never" situation

All we know is that he's the main character. You're being way too vague here. What criteria are you talking about? The ones I said? You need to be more clear here.
Pretty much.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite today releases the story trailer from April and are calling it the "latest" trailer.

This is the second time they pulled this crap.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Mad Gear Gang Poll was close. Both Poison and Rolento managed to tie with ease other. Although I've decided on Poison if only for her massive popularity compared to other members of the gang. There was one vote for Sodom (who Azure thinks is a weaboo) and Hugo is ironic with his lack of support. Inb4 too big.

Next up is a cult classic that is not only has an artistically beautiful Japanese world, but it's a Clover Studios production. Okami touched the hearts of many, so I know some Goddess praise is ready for this one. Your choices are Amaterasu, Oki, Rao, and Waka.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now I want to play Okami all over again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite today releases the story trailer from April and are calling it the "latest" trailer.

This is the second time they pulled this crap.
I mean, they're technically not wrong. That is the latest trailer. Not a new one, but the latest.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The direct is at 10am EST tomorrow correct?

I don't work until 11 so I'll be able to catch it luckily...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Has this been posted yet?

Pretty cool. Though I might just get MM7 on 3DS now. I was hoping to be able to play it on the same thing I got the first Legacy Collection with. Better yet, it seems like the DLC is already in this version. Which is good news.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The Mad Gear Gang Poll was close. Both Poison and Rolento managed to tie with ease other. Although I've decided on Poison if only for her massive popularity compared to other members of the gang. There was one vote for Sodom (who Azure thinks is a weaboo) and Hugo is ironic with his lack of support. Inb4 too big.

Next up is a cult classic that is not only has an artistically beautiful Japanese world, but it's a Clover Studios production. Okami touched the hearts of many, so I know some Goddess praise is ready for this one. Your choices are Amaterasu, Oki, Rao, and Waka.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now I want to play Okami all over again.
We both know the true reason why you picked Poison over the human version of Cap'n Cuttlefish is because you like her.
Because the human version of Cap'n Cuttlefish would be an infinitely better choice otherwise.

Now I wish that Cap'n Cuttlefish was in Smash as an exact clone of Rolento.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So a new Pokemon Direct is coming up on June 6th. Thank you for the Birthday Present, Nintendo! Can't wait to see it!

Also, the new Tempest Trials Mode for FEHeroes is coming up on the 8th. For those who don't know, Tempest Trials Mode is the new mode that apparently has Perma-death(Psuedo-Permadeath to be exact. Basically, if your heroes die in that mode, you don't actually lose them, but you can't use them again on that Mode until you're finished whatever). I think I saw someone mention the Tempest Trials is a mix between a gauntlet and a story mode chapter.
Either way, there are rewards for the new Mode that include 4* and 5* versions of Masked "Marth", 2 Sacred Seals that are Breath of Life 1 and a new skill called Quickened Pulse, which it's exact effect is unknown, but it reduces Cooldown by 1 at either the start of a turn or only for turn 1. Also, for the first 5 days the event is active, if all players can reach a combined total of over 1 billion points, they will all get 5000 feathers and 10 Orbs.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So a new Pokemon Direct is coming up on June 6th. Thank you for the Birthday Present, Nintendo! Can't wait to see it!

Also, the new Tempest Trials Mode for FEHeroes is coming up on the 8th. For those who don't know, Tempest Trials Mode is the new mode that apparently has Perma-death(Psuedo-Permadeath to be exact. Basically, if your heroes die in that mode, you don't actually lose them, but you can't use them again on that Mode until you're finished whatever). I think I saw someone mention the Tempest Trials is a mix between a gauntlet and a story mode chapter.
Either way, there are rewards for the new Mode that include 4* and 5* versions of Masked "Marth", 2 Sacred Seals that are Breath of Life 1 and a new skill called Quickened Pulse, which it's exact effect is unknown, but it reduces Cooldown by 1 at either the start of a turn or only for turn 1. Also, for the first 5 days the event is active, if all players can reach a combined total of over 1 billion points, they will all get 5000 feathers and 10 Orbs.
I need Masky Marth like it's my breath of life.
I also need a Breath of Life seal like it's a 5* Masky Marth

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We both know the true reason why you picked Poison over the human version of Cap'n Cuttlefish is because you like her.
Because the human version of Cap'n Cuttlefish would be an infinitely better choice otherwise.

Now I wish that Cap'n Cuttlefish was in Smash as an exact clone of Rolento.
How and why would Cap'n Cuttlefish play like Rolento?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom