• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Excited to see that there's a Pokemon Direct happening tomorrow! I'm really hoping that it's either a mainstream RPG Pokemon game like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness or a Diamond/Pearl remake for the Switch (I loved both of these games when I was younger and they helped to shape my childhood interest in Pokemon). Of course, if they do this theoretical "Pokemon Stars" game, then I suppose I would be alright with that, but I am hoping it is playable on the Switch as well. Oh yeah; I'd rather it be called Pokemon Eclipse instead. :p

By the way, here's an interesting idea not related to Pokemon... if Banjo and Kazooie got into Smash, do you think they should be able to talk about all the fighters in the game in their unique style, but only via a taunt trigger on Spiral Mountain, which would be the obvious home stage for them? It could be very similar to Palutena's Guidance and I think it would be amazing. Them poking fun at Cloud's Buster Sword or questioning the Duck Hunt Duo for attempting to be like them would be incredible. :)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
People are all upset about the Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite leak and saying it's super disappointing. In all honesty, I'm fine with it. It has a lot of great characters in it even though some are a bit strange and no X-Men or Doom is disappointing but overall I'm still excited for the characters that we ARE getting.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People are all upset about the Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite leak and saying it's super disappointing. In all honesty, I'm fine with it. It has a lot of great characters in it even though some are a bit strange and no X-Men or Doom is disappointing but overall I'm still excited for the characters that we ARE getting.
It's odd how little newcomers there are. ESPECIALLY with fanfavourites missing, some BIZARRE choices and Combofiend being a filthy liar

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sony confirmed some titles for E3:
- God of War
- Spider-Man
- Uncharted: Lost Legacy
- Days Gone
- GT Sport

God of War has some details confirmed too.

Ugh...
**** Singstar as well

"Narrative Focused" "Open-World" That's it. I know where this likely going. I try not to jump the gun, but all hope is lost.

E3 is saved
Spider-Man gives us hope. Not just with his game, but also he's like one of two Marvel characters in MvCi's leak I give a **** about.

Don't get me wrong, the roster isn't terrible or anything, I actually think Capcom's side is solid. But Marvel's isn't terribly exciting for me since the only NEW character on the roster I like so far is Ultron. I'm happy with Iron Man and Spider-Man back though. If Doc Ock and Asura are actually real, then even better.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shirt.png

LOL, I saw this shirt online. I thought it was funny

Probably more funny than it deserves to be

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess I'm not filling this square on my Nintendo E3 Bingo sheet.

View attachment 130442
Put it on a Sony one, I guess.

Also, what do you guys think about Soul Calibur 6 getting announced? I think it'll probably happen next year rather than now, since Tekken is still very fresh on the market. But I can see some Tekken DLC being shown off.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
:4corrin: Literally only got considered because he could advertise an upcoming game, not because of any actual merits l;ike popularity or importance.
Did you even read the rest of it?
It's like how quickly the fanbase turned and rose torches and pitchforks against Corrin because they heard the team specifically wanted a newer character, and were convinced it must have been done as shallow advertising. But it's much more complicated than that--Sakurai even wrote a whole piece about "windows of opportunity" in a Fire Emblem art book that released a couple months prior, and I'm willing to bet it was written with Corrin in mind!

I know you were just messing with me, but I wanted to use it to maybe impart a lesson to anyone watching. What evidence we have tells us Sakurai and his team think modern characters matter just as much as older ones. If anyone of the new blood gets announced next week, do what you can do look at them from a neutral stance rather than condemning them.
Why do people keep assuming Corrin couldn't have had any other reasons for getting in when other reasons have been staring us in the face all along? It's been two-plus years now, and yet people still treat Corrin like they treated Wolf when Brawl's roster leaked! Little unfair, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, have ya'll talked about the pokemon direct yet?

Any info on what it's going to have?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Do you know how hard is to fill a jumbo bingo, Game Freak? I waited until June just in case and still got 3 slots possibly ruined. :mad088:

Plz be Sinnoh.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
By the way, here's an interesting idea not related to Pokemon... if Banjo and Kazooie got into Smash, do you think they should be able to talk about all the fighters in the game in their unique style, but only via a taunt trigger on Spiral Mountain, which would be the obvious home stage for them? It could be very similar to Palutena's Guidance and I think it would be amazing. Them poking fun at Cloud's Buster Sword or questioning the Duck Hunt Duo for attempting to be like them would be incredible. :)
I'll do you one better.

What could be worse than bear and bird. A dog and duck? Now that's absurd.
This seems familiar to little old me, an ape, a tie, could it be...?

This stench is awful, dread and woe, there's the plumber, Mario!
That blue hedgehog may run fast, but in my lair he wouldn't last!
A pair of bears and breegulls too, I'm seeing double, it can't be true!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Magikarp jump coming to eshop

That's what it's going to be

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
The interesting part is they seem to be teasing Stars (or some kind of Sun & Moon sequels) and Sinnoh remakes as of late. And then there's still the elephant in the room that is Pokkén, which stands to gain a lot from a Switch version and itself was tied to an esports rumor a while back...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should be saying "You'll be seeing Stars after Pokemon's knock out direct"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What if....

the Sinnoh Remakes were Pokemon Stars all along? >.>

Just a thought...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The interesting part is they seem to be teasing Stars (or some kind of Sun & Moon sequels) and Sinnoh remakes as of late. And then there's still the elephant in the room that is Pokkén, which stands to gain a lot from a Switch version and itself was tied to an esports rumor a while back...
I don't think they'd use an eight minute and thus presumably solo Direct for Pokken. I actually think both Pokken and Mystery Dungeon are in the pipeline for the Switch, but I don't think that's what we're here today for.

From one post I saw Serebii even seems to think they've been referencing Gen 1 oddly much, but keep in mind that's entirely his speculation. SPECULATION.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I don't think they'd use an eight minute and thus presumably solo Direct for Pokken. I actually think both Pokken and Mystery Dungeon are in the pipeline for the Switch, but I don't think that's what we're here today for.
Who says they only have time for one reveal? Pokémon announcements are notoriously short, with Sun & Moon's reveal clocking in at about three minutes. For this one to be almost three times that length? It's enough to raise questions.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did you know that when a Star dies it becomes a Disorted Black Hole that could allow you to travel through Space and Time? :troll:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

From one post I saw Serebii even seems to think they've been referencing Gen 1 oddly much, but keep in mind that's entirely his speculation. SPECULATION.
a gen 1 game is the last thig I want personaly

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i saw source gaming do thier dream roster for poken(well one guy) so i decided to Try my hand at it

first things first things i agree with greninja, decidueye, genesect perfect fills the obvious gaps

now as for the rest of the roster im doing 2 more than SG (because pokemon games have a team of 6)
first things first Buzzwole, no explinations required is perfect, secondly Tyranitar perfect, and finally we hit them in their most beloved heart of hearts Ducklett pure simple elegant not appearing on this roster because its GOLURK BAYBEE

i may have been watching a bit too much of videogamedunkey lately but thats besides the point thats the roster id like to see added to pokken on switch (with dlc characters alolan marrowack and alolan sandslash)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Imagine Gen 1 HD remakes on the Switch... or Red and Blue 2.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Honestly, I'm just interested in seeing whatever they have to show. It's what, eight minutes or something like that? Enough time to talk a bit and show a trailer. Pokemon Stars would be cool, Diamond/Pearl remakes would be amazing, and even Pokken for Switch info would be nice to see. If the latter is true, hopefully the HORI Pad is made compatible.

Also, unrelated, but for those who play Injustice 2, new update came out that shows the new DLC CSS. Red Hood is probably coming this week.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly, I'm just interested in seeing whatever they have to show. It's what, eight minutes or something like that? Enough time to talk a bit and show a trailer. Pokemon Stars would be cool, Diamond/Pearl remakes would be amazing, and even Pokken for Switch info would be nice to see. If the latter is true, hopefully the HORI Pad is made compatible.

Also, unrelated, but for those who play Injustice 2, new update came out that shows the new DLC CSS. Red Hood is probably coming this week.
On the right though.
THE ATOM

Also:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Did you even read the rest of it?
I did. Still doesn't counter the confirmed fact that had Corrin not been at the right time and right place (eg. if his game was released much earlier) he wouldn't have been considered regardless of how unique or interesting he would have been as a fighter due to Sakurai himself stating that he was specifically looking for a newcomer from an upcoming game. Between that and the fact Sakurai admitted that Corrin's inclusion was "strategic" and people have every reason to assume he only really got considered because he could advertise an upcoming game. Any merits he had as a character was secondary to that fact.

Why do people keep assuming Corrin couldn't have had any other reasons for getting in when other reasons have been staring us in the face all along? It's been two-plus years now, and yet people still treat Corrin like they treated Wolf when Brawl's roster leaked! Little unfair, wouldn't you say?
This is the Smash Bros fanbase. Being unfair is how people roll!:troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its not odd in the slightest. Sun/Moon had massive gen 1 favoritism and that's because of the 20th anniversary thing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Hah! You can see the Atom. Y'know, aside from the obvious Raiden and Black Manta.

For the Pokemon stuff, I'm not too interested, unless it's Pokken Switch. I think I burned myself out on the series for a bit. Which has happened before.

D

Deleted member

I finally did it! (These are the Smash Flash 2 events).

View attachment 130440
This reminds me that I unlocked Sandbag yesterday
I love the little guy, he's such a fun character and now I want it in an official Smash game.
His Up-B is kinda tricky though.
Ya know, I feel like that there should be more E3 leaks now (real and/or fake) especially how close we are.
Abomination Ridley leak when?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ya know, I feel like that there should be more E3 leaks now (real and/or fake) especially how close we are.
I got one for ya, although it might not be very legitimate, although it does have its sources, that Bethesda will reveal a new open world RPG that is a galaxy travelling game.

The name escapes me though. If you're interested, give me a few and I'll pull up the details.

Other then that, yeah, things have been quiet as of late. Would hope it to stay that way so I can actually be excited for something this year.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
On the right though.
THE ATOM

Also:

This is gonna be a pretty good week. Pokemon AND Injustice news. We'll definitely end up getting a release date from Red Hood this Watchtower, but ideally, I'd love to hear "And you can download him... now."
So, predictions for the silhouettes, assuming that they actually represent DLC characters this time around? Looks like we're getting:
  • Top Left - Azrael? Etrigan?
  • Bottom Left - Enchantress, or maybe Mera
  • 2nd Bottom Left - Black Manta
  • 2nd Bottom Right - Raiden
  • Bottom Right - Talon? Booster Gold?
  • Top Right - Atom
I still think that Raiden is possibly a cover-up for Spawn. Similar to Baraka/Alien in MKX. Just way too many hints and references to Spawn, and none of the silhouettes match.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I grinded for an hour and a half again in Inner Sanctum and still no Sol.

IMG_20170601_172222.jpg

Got 4 Star Jicinths though. And a lot of extra Star Shards for more Jicinths, potentially. And stuff like the Emperor's Lance and Emperor's Shield.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, @mario123007 , I just watched the new LWA

Oh so that's why she did those shows but why is it so bad?

WHAT

WHAT

DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME TRIGGER

No no no no no NO NO NO NO NO!!!1!!
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*cue montage*
STOP THIS IS NOT OKAY
THIS IS NOT ****ING OKAY
I WAS LITERALLY CRYING SO MUCH DURING THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO ME? I JOINED THIS RIDE FOR GOOD VIBES I WAS NOT READY FOR THIS ****
****ING **** OF **** ****ING ****

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The big deal about Starfield (the game I was talking about in my previous post) is that the title had a renewed trademark recently.

4chan (ugh) are the ones that are proclaiming that Starfield is going to be an OW-RPG like Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

That being said, that was a relatively recent renewel of the trademark, so they may be doing something with the title.

Where I heard of this:
http://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2017/06/04/bethesda-bringing-starfield-to-e3-2017-fallout-skyrim/

4Chan talks:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385319

Trademark Renewel:
https://gamerant.com/bethesda-starfield-trademark-renewal-193/

Honestly, ignore the 4chan garbage. Its the trademark that matters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom