• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Now this is something that you should see @Blue_Sword_Edge

That being said, I didn't click the spoiler because I still don't have Tekken 7. My expectations are definitely high with this compared to Street Fighter V.

And I guess that's it. Time to avoid the obvious spoiler.
I left actual story spoilers under a second spoiler tag. The first spoiler tag is so the post isn't so long.

D

Deleted member

Linked because of two curses, but this image describing the different types of Fire Emblem fans got a laugh out of me. :p
The FE7 and Magvel fan ones are literally me, except loving the two lords, that should have been on FE7
HectorXLyn and LuciusXRaven are canon fite me
There is also that weird Shell Smash Kommo-o in the Battle Tree.

That move would make it a very interesting Pokemon.

I need more moves and buffs, MOAR!
That was removed in the 1.1 update though
>Roy's our boy
>Zephiel apologist

**** wait that's me
what the hell is wrong with Chrobin? Bromances best romances
>Zephiel apologist
Please don't talk to me or my husbando or my husbando's daughter ever again

Ivander

Smash Legend
As an FE6 fan I make no excuses for Zephiel's actions. The guy deserves no sympathy for what he did. Yeah it sucked what his father tried to do to him but you don't go out blaming everyone in the world for what your douche father did to you.

Especially after everything I did for the poor ****** in Battle Before Dawn. Talk about being ungrateful. If there's an FE7/FE6 remake they need to make an option where you let Zephiel die so we don't have to put up with his crap 20-25 years later.
>Zephiel apologist
Please don't talk to me or my husbando or my husbando's daughter ever again

If they do Binding Blade Echoes like what the Echoes director wants(and hopefully, Blazing Sword Echoes alongside it), this is their opportunity to change things and make Zephiel sympathetic, as well as tie up loose ends(like adding a reference to Lyn, Black Fang, Nergal, etc in Binding Blade and making Mark his own character). And if they do so and succeed, that could mean potential good things if Awakening and Fates were ever "remade" at some point in history.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To be fair, KidsWB was dying to begin with. The same day that block died was the time they "cancelled" the dub. Not that it was any good since a lot of the voices were unfitting (Looking at you deep voiced edgy Alastor).

Speaking of Alastor, hope you don't forget about him. The true star of the show that deserves 5 stars for his villain performance. The script never gives him a break.
Alastar wasn't that bad.

But Gran Bruce and Joke.. *cough* "Jokester" on the other hand.,

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alastar wasn't that bad.

But Gran Bruce and Joke.. *cough* "Jokester" on the other hand.,
Almost forgot about that name change. They probably didn't want his name to be Joker to avoid being sued by DC. Same reason why AquaMan.EXE was renamed SpoutMan.EXE in Mega Man NT Warrior.

Which is ironic, since Kids WB had DC shows like The Batman and Static Shock (Inb4 @Thatkidwiththeafro).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Are you ready kids?"
"Aye aye Captain!"
"I can't hear you!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"
"Oooohh...."

"What lives in a folder over my desk?"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"Massive and tryhard and amateur it is!"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"If relevant .jpegs is something you wish"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"Then drop on the donuts and eat like a Bill!"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"READY"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"

"SPONGEBOB BINGO, AHAHAAH...dammit Game Freak"
JimmieJohnson.jpg

48 slots, **** me. I had fun doing this as always, to handle today's announcement I just added the Pokémon Direct on the title; there's few days until E3, so this would count all the big Nintendo gaming events of the month.

-This is the 4th time Skyrim appears smh
-The only safe bet is Crashboards :troll:
-One image has a small tweak, can you find it?
-I really want NieR on Switch to the point I reused a slot
-That Free Space slot is my fav SpongeBob image
-And yes, I don't wanna fill the dreaded 4 timecard line.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Are you ready kids?"
"Aye aye Captain!"
"I can't hear you!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"
"Oooohh...."

"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"READY"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"

View attachment 130448
48 slots, **** me. I had fun doing this as always, to handle today's announcement I just added the Pokémon Direct on the title; there's few days until E3, so this would count all the big Nintendo gaming events of the month.

I told my sister about you and your spongebob Bingo cards. Your cards are the only ones I look forward to

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
"Are you ready kids?"
"Aye aye Captain!"
"I can't hear you!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"
"Oooohh...."

"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"READY"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"

View attachment 130448

Never seen a 7x7 BINGO card before (I wish you the best of luck)

Bonus points for all Spengbab.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"Are you ready kids?"
"Aye aye Captain!"
"I can't hear you!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"
"Oooohh...."

"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"READY"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"

View attachment 130448

Spongebob really works for everything eh?

D

Deleted member

"Are you ready kids?"
"Aye aye Captain!"
"I can't hear you!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"
"Oooohh...."

"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"READY"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"

View attachment 130448

Your SpongeBob Bingo cards are probably the best bingo cards I've ever seen
Overly Long Segment is a safe bet too tho

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
A post regarding some interesting leaks regarding Dragon Ball Super appeared on /r/DBZ...

Episode 94 (11 June)
The emperor of Evil's Resurrection! A greeting from mysterious assassins!?

Goku heads towards Fortune-Teller Baba's house to meet with Freeza who has been successfully recruited into being the 10th member for Universe 7. Goten and Trunks visit South Island which #17 looks after.

Episode 95 (18 June)
Goku and Freeza fight together - The 4th Universe's Trap

Members of Universe 9 arrive to Universe 7's Earth to target Freeza. Goku and Freeza are forced to struggle with the belligerent party whilst Universe 4's God of Destruction, Quitela, comes up with a secret plan.

Episode 96 (25 June)
Emergency Situation AGAIN! The last warrior is THAT man?

Freeza has defected to the 4th Universe. The final person of the 7th Universe is still not decided. Because there is not enough time before the tournament, Goku will try to go to the venue with the 9 people as is, and a certain person appears there.†

Episode 97 (2 July)
Who will survive!? The Tournament of Power finally begins!!

At long last the Tournament of Power will be held in the Void World where the warriors and gods from the 8 universes have arrived. There the Grand Priest reveals something shocking. Any warrior who falls from the arena will disappear on the spot.

Episode 98 (9 July)
Title TBA

The Universes are divided into those who take the proposal of Universe 11, and the Universes who do not. Goku is enjoying the situation as members of Universe 7 are targeted by many warriors.

Some speculate that the 'man' who is mentioned in the episode 95 synopsis could either be one of five people:

• Cell
  • Buu
  • Future Trunks
  • Yamcha
Yamcha actually has some backing, believe it or not. Yamcha's VA recently tweeted out this:

"While I can't say any details yet, today I got worn-out talking a lot as Yamcha. I have to do my best tomorrow too."

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Are you ready kids?"
"Aye aye Captain!"
"I can't hear you!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"
"Oooohh...."

"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"READY"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"
"SpongeBob Bingo"

View attachment 130448

The BOTW and Mk8 DLC as well as the Smash bros images are ******* perfect! Well done!.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, FEHeroes players. Just remember that the Kozaki Yusuke Maps are disappearing in 2 days. While they may be just Special Maps that are run and done, KY Map 2 is actually amazing for both Leveling up Blue characters(as well as Red Tomes, Bows and Daggers) and for farming Hero Merit. There are only 3 Sword users and 1 Staff wielder and it's very easy to manipulate them, not to mention Spur Defense is amazing on that map. Either way, thanks to the map, I managed to get my Camus to 5* and I got 16 characters to Level 40 and just about to hit 40 with my 17th character.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I can't see STARS being a codename for Shinnoh Remakes when the Stars rumor says its for a port of Sun and Moon with enhanced features in the vein of a 3rd game.
But even then, Stars being a port of Sun and Moon is still a rumor, correct?

I haven't seen any credible Stars rumors except the one from today...

... The one that Stars will be a sequel to SM.

The picture didn't look convincing, but the concept art did for me... though there's an Italian artist that's now admitting he created that picture of Gladion and drew the concept art.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If they do Binding Blade Echoes like what the Echoes director wants(and hopefully, Blazing Sword Echoes alongside it), this is their opportunity to change things and make Zephiel sympathetic, as well as tie up loose ends(like adding a reference to Lyn, Black Fang, Nergal, etc in Binding Blade and making Mark his own character). And if they do so and succeed, that could mean potential good things if Awakening and Fates were ever "remade" at some point in history.
Dunno how you could make Zephiel sympathetic though. His whole motives are completely messed up and he blames everyone in the world for what his father did to him.

But tying Lyn to FE6 is an absolute must. She has to have a role akin to Eliwood in the story.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A friend of mine's been a Zephiel sympathizer ever since he dug more info on the guy. Here's how he got introduced to Zephiel
"So Gwen, who do you think I should cosplay?"
Zephiel from FE6
"Why?"
You look just like him
"Holy ****, you're right! Is he a Lord or playable unit?"
He's the main antagonist
"Oh. But he's one of those villains who's simply misunderstood, or tried to do the right thing?"
He tried to off everything because of his daddy issues

Ever since then he's tried to make him look good and Zephiel became his favourite pre-Awakening character. I hope he doesn't get disappointed

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I decided to do a summoning in the FE: Heroes GHB Camus Banner today. I got one silver orb and four red orbs. I immediately went for the silver orb, and look who I got on my first summon:

Yep, a 5-star Jaffar. Talk about quite the good pull. Seems like he's a really good dagger user too. I'm going to train him up, though I don't know if I'll finish doing so before the Camus banner ends. Judging by how Jaffar was on this summoning banner, I'm guessing he's a great unit to use against Camus.

As for the others, Lon'qu is yet another Vantage fodder unit, while Eliwood might be useful for something in the future.

Chrono.

A post regarding some interesting leaks regarding Dragon Ball Super appeared on /r/DBZ...

Episode 94 (11 June)

Goku heads towards Fortune-Teller Baba's house to meet with Freeza who has been successfully recruited into being the 10th member for Universe 7. Goten and Trunks visit South Island which #17 looks after.

Episode 95 (18 June)

Members of Universe 9 arrive to Universe 7's Earth to target Freeza. Goku and Freeza are forced to struggle with the belligerent party whilst Universe 4's God of Destruction, Quitela, comes up with a secret plan.

Episode 96 (25 June)

Freeza has defected to the 4th Universe. The final person of the 7th Universe is still not decided. Because there is not enough time before the tournament, Goku will try to go to the venue with the 9 people as is, and a certain person appears there.†

Episode 97 (2 July)

At long last the Tournament of Power will be held in the Void World where the warriors and gods from the 8 universes have arrived. There the Grand Priest reveals something shocking. Any warrior who falls from the arena will disappear on the spot.

Episode 98 (9 July)
Title TBA

The Universes are divided into those who take the proposal of Universe 11, and the Universes who do not. Goku is enjoying the situation as members of Universe 7 are targeted by many warriors.

Some speculate that the 'man' who is mentioned in the episode 95 synopsis could either be one of five people:

• Cell
  • Buu
  • Future Trunks
  • Yamcha
Yamcha actually has some backing, believe it or not. Yamcha's VA recently tweeted out this:

"While I can't say any details yet, today I got worn-out talking a lot as Yamcha. I have to do my best tomorrow too."
We should know if these are true soon enough (come on SaiyanIsland).

I could imagine the outrage/laughter if Yamcha gets to be the final member after all.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
We should know if these are true soon enough (come on SaiyanIsland).

I could imagine the outrage/laughter if Yamcha gets to be the final member after all.
It's the Team Four Star Nappa according to my uncle who works at Toei

Chrono.

Anyone else watch HBox's speech from last night? He called out Nintendo for not supporting them, but doesn't Nintendo actually sponsor a lot of Smash tournaments?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyone else watch HBox's speech from last night? He called out Nintendo for not supporting them, but doesn't Nintendo actually sponsor a lot of Smash tournaments?
Yup. Including the first Smash 4 tournament at E3 2014
It's the Team Four Star Nappa according to my uncle who works at Toei
ask him for Build news

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I decided to do a summoning in the FE: Heroes GHB Camus Banner today. I got one silver orb and four red orbs. I immediately went for the silver orb, and look who I got on my first summon:

Yep, a 5-star Jaffar. Talk about quite the good pull. Seems like he's a really good dagger user too. I'm going to train him up, though I don't know if I'll finish doing so before the Camus banner ends. Judging by how Jaffar was on this summoning banner, I'm guessing he's a great unit to use against Camus.

As for the others, Lon'qu is yet another Vantage fodder unit, while Eliwood might be useful for something in the future.
Heh, got lucky with one Colorless, I see. I just recently did a Summoning that gave me 5 Colorless, yet the only notable heroes I got were 4* Setsuna, Gordin and Azama.

Eliwood is good for Ward Cavalry. For Cavalry characters with Spur Defense, like Xander or Sully, Eliwood can pass on Ward Cavalry easily to them without having to give them Spur Resistance first. Eliwood also has Sacred Cowl, a Special skill of 2 Cooldown that reduces ranged damage by 30%. Good for characters with low RES, like Xander and Camus. Basically, Xander can get Holy Vestments, Sacred Cowl and Ward Cavalry from Eliwood.
Eliwood, if you plan on training him to 5*, has Durandal, which gives +4 ATK when initiating combat. Believe it or not, that actually stacks with Death Blow, allowing Eliwood to get +10 ATK when initiating combat. Combined with Swordbreaker, this makes him dangerous to just about every Red and Green character in general.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Thank you for the positive reception of my card, I really appreciate that. :026:

Episode 94 (11 June)

Episode 95 (18 June)

Episode 96 (25 June)

Episode 97 (2 July)

Episode 98 (9 July)
Title TBA

• Cell
  • Buu
  • Future Trunks
  • Yamcha

Frieza being a traitor doesn't suprise me, Goku might like that because now can fight him during the ToP.

Toriyama keeps bamboozling us lol, ****in Yamcha gon win the Tournament now.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

ask him for Build news
the **** **** is build
Thank you for the positive reception of my card, I really appreciate that. :026:

Frieza being a traitor doesn't suprise me, Goku might like that because now can fight him during the ToP.

Toriyama keeps bamboozling us lol, ****in Yamcha gon win the Tournament now.
Plot twist: Freeza has been pulling a Revolver Ocelot and was a good guy all along

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
the **** **** is build

Plot twist: Freeza has been pulling a Revolver Ocelot and was a good guy all along
Toei trademarked Kamen Rider Build last night. The KR fandom's arguing with eachother if this means a construction worker theme, a bodybuilding theme, a model kit theme and more. The leaked silhouette doesn't say much

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They do.

But not enough according to him.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Toei trademarked Kamen Rider Build last night. The KR fandom's arguing with eachother if this means a construction worker theme, a bodybuilding theme, a model kit theme and more. The leaked silhouette doesn't say much
It's a porn themed.
Then what exactly is 'enough'? Melee HD with Reggie personally giving 25000 dollar prizes to the winner and Sakurai watching?
No. That still isn't enough

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

ask him for Build news
You mean the Tournament Nintendo put on to advertise Smash 4?

They do sponsor a lot of Smash tournaments, but I think the issue is that the support isn't visible outside of TOs (at least from my understanding). There's not going to be anything like prize pool bonuses or game announcements. Does a tournament/community really need that to run well? Probably not, but a lot of fans love that sort of stuff since, even if not important to running a tournament well, it's seen as some extra push to support people.

I think people look at what other games get and they want a piece of that.

D

Deleted member

The N. Sane Trilogy will be the first Crash game in over a decade to be released in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You mean the Tournament Nintendo put on to advertise Smash 4?

They do sponsor a lot of Smash tournaments, but I think the issue is that the support isn't visible outside of TOs (at least from my understanding). There's not going to be anything like prize pool bonuses or game announcements. Does a tournament/community really need that to run well? Probably not, but a lot of fans love that sort of stuff since, even if not important to running a tournament well, it's seen as some extra push to support people.

I think people look at what other games get and they want a piece of that.
You're not wrong, but ever since that, Nintendo's sponsored every major tournament iirc
It's a porn themed.

No. That still isn't enough
Oh. So we're getting another mature series after the gorefest known as Amazons

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Then what exactly is 'enough'? Melee HD with Reggie personally giving 25000 dollar prizes to the winner and Sakurai watching?
Enough would probably just be something more visible. A ton of other competitive games put a lot of effort into their competitive scenes, putting on their own tournaments, like Capcom Cup, Tekken World Tour, Dota's The International, Overwatch League, etc. Even games like Madden and NBA 2K are pushing things for their community. Devs that can't necessarily afford that do what they can.

Meanwhile Nintendo, while still helpful, isn't as visible with their support.

You're not wrong, but ever since that, Nintendo's sponsored every major tournament iirc

Oh. So we're getting another mature series after the gorefest known as Amazons
Sponsoring is a start, but it doesn't necessarily mean full on support (how the community at large wants it at least). The only really visible thing we've seen were announcement for upcoming Nintendo games, which, big whoop I guess.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just ran 5 miles in 50 minutes

It might have been a little bit less than 5 miles though because it's not like it's a straight path. It's all sorts of twists and turns and going in a circle around a lake

Apparently that's not even good enough for army standard, but I'm still out of shape

Edit: Army standard

5 Mile run 40:00 / 35:00 prefered

DAMN

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The N. Sane Trilogy will be the first Crash game in over a decade to be released in Japan.

Maybe this could spike some interest in getting Crash in Smash?

We all know that being popular in Japan is almost a must for every character.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
They do give bonuses, don't they?

And game announcements?

Explain.
I don't recall Nintendo ever doing bonuses. But to be fair, I also haven't really followed Smash tournaments for almost a year now. Perhaps they've changed, but if they did I feel like I would've at least heard by now; I'm surrounded by competitive Smash players.

By game announcements, I mean announcements for upcoming content/updates/events for the game/community. At the end of the Killer Instinct top 8 at ComboBreaker, there was a short teaser for a new character. At EVO, Arc System Works, showed off an upcoming character as well upcoming updates. Valve took time during one of The Internationals to show off the new 10v10 game mode for Dota 2. Capcom showed off a trailer for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite at Capcom Cup.

I don't recall Nintendo really doing that outside of ads between breaks for games we've already seen trailers of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom