• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Only in SSF2 will this ever happen

Also DBZ confirmed to be Naruto

How did you unlock it?
Ono tried to excite people for Mahvel after the leaked roster came out with 'new gameplay footage'
That footage was shown off over a month ago already, it's on the game's youtube
Does that mean anything other than him getting the wrong footage though?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some of those Famitsu screenshots from FE Warriors are now available in a cleaner format.

Marth looks so clean.

Also I'm fairly certain Chrom is in Arena Ferox in his screenshot, so I guess that's a confirmed map.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some of those Famitsu screenshots from FE Warriors are now available in a cleaner format.

Marth looks so clean.

Also I'm fairly certain Chrom is in Arena Ferox in his screenshot, so I guess that's a confirmed map.

"Too many swords, can't add characters from the older games. Meanwhile here's 2 OCs who look alike and use the exact same shield sword combo"
I ****ing hate that weak justification

D

Deleted member

To answer the MvCI question in the OP...

Hype? Aside from certain characters (X, Sigma, the return of Strider Hiryu), not really.
Salt? Disappointed a bit, sure, but not salty.
Indifference? Overall, yeah, that's how I feel about it at the moment. If I ever decide on buying it, I'll probably wait for a price drop.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Too many swords, can't add characters from the older games. Meanwhile here's 2 OCs who look alike and use the exact same shield sword combo"
I ****ing hate that weak justification
I mean I don't see what that has to do with my post specifically but OK.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. It's just bad PR.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean I don't see what that has to do with my post specifically but OK.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. It's just bad PR.
I'm VERY worked up about it. Out of all characters we know for sure are in the game, only 1 doesn't have a sword. But that's because they didn't show the character's weapon, meaning it very well could be a sword! The only reason we know we're getting non-swords are because Pegasus Knights and Archers got mentioned in that interview

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Marth looks so clean.

Get a load of these Super Saiyan rejects.

What a ripoff.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm VERY worked up about it. Out of all characters we know for sure are in the game, only 1 doesn't have a sword. But that's because they didn't show the character's weapon, meaning it very well could be a sword! The only reason we know we're getting non-swords are because Pegasus Knights and Archers got mentioned in that interview
While I agree that the OCs having swords is kinda silly and uninspired (normally I would defend it with "they're probably trying to make these characters simple and accessible starter characters" but Lana in Hyrule Warriors didn't care about that), I wouldn't get worked up about that one specific comment because like I said, it's just bad PR communication.

If you follow any Japanese game developers, you know they are often very poor at communicating these ideas and often contradict themselves. This is because developers, most of the time, shouldn't even be handling PR.

I can think of numerous times when Sakurai has done this with Smash, for example. Need I remind people of "we won't have a story mode because YouTube exists"? Or "we won't aim to have clones in this game and I cut Chrom because I felt he'd be too hard to make unique. Oh, and here's Lucina, a Marth clone".

While it would have been better to show us more non-sword wielding character before making that statement about why the game will mostly be Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates characters, I wouldn't take this as a sign that literally everyone will be a swordie. They are implementing the weapon triangle, so that confirms axe wielders and lance wielders at the least.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pyramid Head was top dog when it came to Silent Hill monsters in the last poll. Given that he appears in Track Meet and Bomberman, he's kind of an icon to the franchise despite his ****ed deeds. Robbie was close however. I guess evil rabbits would have been unique.

Next up is another Konami franchise that's been getting lucky lately. Contra went down in history for excellent gunplay and creepy alien bosses in addition to certain disgusting womb levels. Your choices are Bill Rizer, Lucia, Lance Bean, and Jaguar. Practically the main Contra Corps team.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Really, FE Warriors is pissing me off for a number of reasons but rejecting older games in a ****ING CROSSOVER is denying they existed and their fans of their favorite characters.
I get it's because those are the most popular but what's the point of saving the franchise if only newer games are going to get recognized?

And no, HW is not a good comparison because Zelda is much less character focused and just 3 characters covers all games.

Besides, Musou games have big enough rosters that we'll likely get 10 characters just from Awakening.

Chrono.

I actually kinda wish the OCs were just a character you could customize given how generic they look, but eh. That would just add fuel to the fire.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey are still my most hyped Switch titles, but I can't defend the justification for the sword thing.

That being said, a fantastic and unique roster can still be made out of just Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually kinda wish the OCs were just a character you could customize given how generic they look, but eh. That would just add fuel to the fire.
I don't see how, if anything, having customization for the OCs would make them way more excusable in my book, especially if we were to get better customization options than what we usually get for FE.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Really, FE Warriors is pissing me off for a number of reasons but rejecting older games in a ****ING CROSSOVER is denying they existed and their fans of their favorite characters.
I'm pretty sure the older games will be represented through the DLC packs just like how HW had Wind Waker, Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask added (also Spirit Tracks but lol Spirit Tracks)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just noticed that they are going for a Greek aesthetic with the OCs. Grecian temples in the background (I assume that map is their home world) and the characters have sun symbols on their shields, plus they are primarily coloured in white and blue.

:4pit: confirmed as a guest character??????

Chrono.

I don't see how, if anything, having customization for the OCs would make them way more excusable in my book, especially if we were to get better customization options than what we usually get for FE.
Mostly talking about how older fans might see it as needless pandering to 3DS FE fans.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How did you unlock it?
Uhh i'm not too sure exactly lol.

Basically I was playing a bunch of VS matches and then suddenly I got the message telling me I unlocked the stage.
So there ARE more stages to unlock. I thought Mushroom Kingdom was the only one.
Nah dude there's like a handful

Though I don't know why Venus Lighthouse isn't available.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if FE Warriors 3DS is going to ditch the old 3DS in favor of New.

Nintendo is really pushing New these days and Hyrule Warriors Legends performs terribly on old.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure the older games will be represented through the DLC packs just like how HW had Wind Waker, Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask added (also Spirit Tracks but lol Spirit Tracks)

Being DLC isn't an excuse to not add them to the base game
I don't want to pay extra for something that could have been there in the first place
I wonder if FE Warriors 3DS is going to ditch the old 3DS in favor of New.

Nintendo is really pushing New these days and Hyrule Warriors Legends performs terribly on old.
It... already did
It was on the FE Direct

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't want to pay extra for something that could have been there in the first place

It... already did
It was on the FE Direct

Been awhile since I saw that Direct.

Didn't remember any mentioning of New but okay.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh I know and agree with that but there's no point acting like the older stuff absolutely isn't going to happen via DLC.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Post-release DLC packs a la Hyrule Warriors are pretty much the way to go. I could easily see them doing Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, and Shadows of Valentia packs. At the absolute least I can see Roy, Ike, Alm, and Celica getting in as DLC due to their amiibo.

How I see it is this:

- If you want a major character from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and/or Fates, they're almost guaranteed for the base game.
- If you want a non-major character from the three mentioned above, they have a shot at the base game due to them being the main game content source.
- If you want a major character from Fire Emblem 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 15, they stand a good shot for post-release DLC.
- If you want a non-major character from the six mentioned above, you're likely out of luck, since I'm not sure the DLC packs will be that extensive.
- If you want any Jugdral character at all you're probably SOL, sadly.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just noticed that they are going for a Greek aesthetic with the OCs. Grecian temples in the background (I assume that map is their home world) and the characters have sun symbols on their shields, plus they are primarily coloured in white and blue.

:4pit: confirmed as a guest character??????
I would be day negative however many days before it released that was announced.

Too bad that's far too good to be true.

What's even sadder is that his IP in general getting a Warriors game is probably too good to be true. Several unique potential movesets even before the obligatory OCs, already divided into military factions, even lets them play around with the flight mechanic the rumored scrapped Star Fox Warriors pitch had with greater flexibility to boot.

I mean, I'll take Kirby Warriors too, but assuming Warriors gameplay ends up clicking with me gosh Kid Icarus Warriors would take the cake.

. . .Pokemon Warriors on the other hand I can only see ending as a disappointment. Just a bad feeling there.

Chrono.

I think we'll get characters from older games, just probably not as much.

At the very least I expect local Smash bois Roy and Ike.

I'll probably wind up disliking the base roster for Warriors because im not a fan of most of the "shoo-in" Fates characters

Guys like Arthur are pretty much screwed.

So most of the roster I can enjoy would be from DLC (guys like Roy or Lyn or Alm) and some Awakening characters. . .and even then im not sure about Awakening. Only liking one game's roster and DLC with even that being iffy makes me a bit sad. I was hoping for just one more game than the big 3

D

Deleted member

I don't have much of a problem of most of the base roster being from Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon.(Even though aside from Gaiden, they're definitely the least interesting games to me.) The bigger problem I have is more so is that most of the minor characters will probably be fan service.

I could be wrong, and I wouldn't mind them starting with those three games if the roster has good choices for minor characters.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't follow Fire Emblem stuff, so would anyone mind filling me in on the issue(s)?
They said they'll only add characters from the remake of the first game and the two most popular games. A ton of fans wanted characters from other games.

They also used the fact that adding characters from other games would cause there to be too many sword wielders as the reason why. Which would have been more valid if every OC we know of didn't also use a sword.

Personally I've ONLY played the three games they're adding characters from so I'm not nearly as effected, but I also have concerns about too many sword users so all the sword wielding OCs popping up after that combined with all five characters we know or can guess being identified by their swords leaves me gawking at it a bit myself.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I get it's because those are the most popular but what's the point of saving the franchise if only newer games are going to get recognized?

And no, HW is not a good comparison because Zelda is much less character focused and just 3 characters covers all games.

Besides, Musou games have big enough rosters that we'll likely get 10 characters just from Awakening.

FE has the larger cast, but that doesn't mean HW didn't exclude a lot of fan favorites with its decision either. You still had characters like Groose, King of Red Lions, Tetra, Medii, Yuga, and the like who all missed the initial roster because of the restriction and many fans did lament their lack of inclusion. The fact of the matter is as a crossover game it still couldn't cover all of its bases until DLC and Legends came into the picture, and that's always going to be a reality with crossover games with limited roster slots.

Also, the first entry into Musou crossover games rarely (if ever) have more then 20 and the fact that FE is potentially getting that many is a surprise in and of itself. So unless you expected half the roster to be Awakening characters it's not reasonable to expect that many in a situation where they split their roster across the franchise as a whole.
Alm and Celica are more likely as DLC.
But one difference to note.
Alm and Celica aren't new characters at all. Shadows of Valentia being a remake, them getting their Awakening dlc at least has a solid footing for fighting styles that are a leg up from Ravio and Yuga being new characters altogether.
Perhaps, but not by much. Really, what makes them notable now is the remakes as that's what getting them their current attention. Without that, they'd be in the same boat as Seliph and Lief, classic lords that appeared in Awakening DLC but are otherwise pretty ignored whenever people bring up roster discussions, even in terms of DLC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't follow Fire Emblem stuff, so would anyone mind filling me in on the issue(s)?
Lots of fan favourite characters are getting ignored due to them not being from Shadow Dragon, Awakening or Fates. The reasoning given was "Otherwise there'd be too many sword users". 8 out of 9 confirmed playable characters use swords, with only 2 teases of non swords and the 9th character not having their weapon type revealed yet. Hector is a fan favourite and uses axes instead of swords, Ephraim's fairly popular and used lances instead of swords. Celica's gotten a boost in popularity due to Echoes and uses Magic too. Miciah ONLY uses magic. Black Knight would have been PERFECT for the Dynasty Warriors Lu-Bu archetype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom