• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
great news!!

the president of the united states had a stroke on the toilet

There was a problem fetching the tweet
note the time on the tweet. it's been up for an hour and a half. twitter has already beaten it to death. it still hasn't been deleted yet. this is extremely good.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
great news!!

For reasons I do not know, my mind went to this:

And I haven't stopped laughing ever since.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Everyone's expectations of the MvCI roster right now:

Didn't expect the roster to leak out so early, but since it did, I'll throw in my own two cents.
-I'm probably one of the few people who's happy Firebrand's staying. I do understand why people are offput since he's staying while other fan favorites aren't, but I loved his playstyle in UMvC3 and if he remotely keeps that he's set to have a moveset that stands out in a great way for this game. Plus, it would be nice if they manage to also incorporate some of his elements from Demon's Crest, which is a game that lends itself well to some moveset possibilities for him.
-Same with MH, which honestly surprises me in how much backlash the character has gotten since I felt most people expected them. Ever since I got into the series I wanted to see how they'd pull it off in a MvC game and finally that is coming to fruition. I do hope that they throw in Rathalos as a part of their moveset like it was stated in that one (likely fake by now) rumor, but as long as they draw from the right areas in the series I can't complain.
-Gamora is a pleasant surprise, I do like Star Lord, but if I had to choose between the two I'd pick Gamora in a heartbeat.
-With that said, I'm not happy with some of the omissions. Phoenix Wright, Ammy, Gene and the like disappearing from the roster despite being beloved characters is very disappointing and honestly it does make the roster feel lacking. I do hope DLC will fix it, but that leads into another can of worms, which speaking of...
-Black Panther and Venom being held off for DLC is very disappointing to say the least. Venom was one of my favorite characters from MvC2 and I was looking forward to Black Panther since with a movie coming up, I felt he had a good chance, and now both of them are getting shoved off into DLC and pretty oddly at that. Plus, considering how Capcom has been with DLC lately, I'm kind of wary of the situation.
-BoF got ignored again, why do you hate it so Capcom?

All in all, it's a very basic roster, it hits some of the right notes, but misses a few others as well and it's no surprise that it's gotten as much backlash as it has. I'm hoping the gameplay will make up for it, but we'll see how that goes.

So.
Fire emblem warriors.
What we know.

Full Confirmation:
"Almost all" are Archanea/Awakening/Fates.
Will include variety of weapones and classes.
Larger than standard (aprox. 16) starting roster for a first title in a subseries. So ballpark 20-24 depending on circumstances.
Marth, Chrom, and 4 OCs.
Weapon triangle and bonuses (bows on fliers).

"All but confirmed":
Corrin, Xander, and Lobster (first trailer).

Major Popularity Icons from Those Games:
Tiki, Anna, Lucina, Robin, Tharja, Cordelia, Donnel, Azua, Fates Royals (if the Heroes poll can be used as a reference).

Let's Be Real™:
:4myfriends::4feroy: are damn near locks. Popular as hell, Smash, and Amiibo.
Alm and Celica, part of amiibo, part of recency, part of being semi-tied to Marth's games, hold a significant chance.

Major Villains from Those Games:
Michalis, Camus, Gharnef, Medeus, Gangrel, Walhart, Aversa, Validar, Garon.

Just putting this out for roster theorizing.
I wouldn't be surprised if Alm and Celica fall into the same trap Lyn does (if she's relying on the poll). With HW, one of the things the developers stated was that they couldn't include any ALBW content because the game was too recent for them to do at the time of development. ALBW came out in late 2013, a little less then a year before HW did and yet it still didn't get any content until Legends DLC came into the picture. So with that in mind, SoV could easily fall into the same issue as it's coming out only half a year before FE:W does, which means that the developers may've ran into the same issue they did with ALBW. Thus, it's entirely possible that Alm and Celica won't be in the base roster and will instead be DLC as the team could've overlooked them while focusing on the previously most recent title in Fates.

As for the rest, I am curious what villains they'll choose for the game. Camus and Gharnef seem like good choices, and if there's any villainous dragons they'll use from the games it'd likely be Medeus, but I would like to see Michalis or Walhart as playable characters, especially the latter since Hardin is probably off the table with Mystery being ignored and it'd be cool to have a tin tyrant type character be playable.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well let's see here.

"Covfefe."

Ah, you see this is actually an ancient Sumerian word.

I'm in college so I know what this means.

I'll provide a translation.

*ahem*

D

Deleted member

great news!!

The best part about this is, I bet a billion dollars that there's people out that have read this tweet and think that this tweet is either ironic or actually a well thought out statement that they agree with.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The best part about this is, I bet a billion dollars that there's people out that have read this tweet and think that this tweet is either ironic or actually a well thought out statement that they agree with.
That is true.

There are also people who are using this tweet as a message that shows Trump is incompetent.

But in reality this tweet means nothing one way or the other.

It's just a derp tweet and we all have those.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Before making a covfefe joke, please be aware of the fact that Twitter has already made it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And on the same day Trump's communications director resigns, too.

Beautiful. :)

D

Deleted member

That is true.

There are also people who are using this tweet as a message that shows Trump is incompetent.

But in reality this tweet means nothing one way or the other.

It's just a derp tweet and we all have those.
In a way it kind of does show incompetence though.... I mean, yeah, we make mistakes like that often. But it usually is due to some kind of carelessness. For instance, when I screw up it's usually because I'm not really thinking that much about what I'm saying.

So, in a way it kind of shows that he's just tweeting stuff without much thought.... Especially since it hasn't been edited in how long? That's another thing, most people tend to check and fix their mistakes after not too long. Or in his case some kind of staff should be able to.

Already I'm analyzing too much of this though. What actually crosses my mind is what he was even going to say. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Everyone's expectations of the MvCI roster right now:

Didn't expect the roster to leak out so early, but since it did, I'll throw in my own two cents.
-I'm probably one of the few people who's happy Firebrand's staying. I do understand why people are offput since he's staying while other fan favorites aren't, but I loved his playstyle in UMvC3 and if he remotely keeps that he's set to have a moveset that stands out in a great way for this game. Plus, it would be nice if they manage to also incorporate some of his elements from Demon's Crest, which is a game that lends itself well to some moveset possibilities for him.
-Same with MH, which honestly surprises me in how much backlash the character has gotten since I felt most people expected them. Ever since I got into the series I wanted to see how they'd pull it off in a MvC game and finally that is coming to fruition. I do hope that they throw in Rathalos as a part of their moveset like it was stated in that one (likely fake by now) rumor, but as long as they draw from the right areas in the series I can't complain.
-Gamora is a pleasant surprise, I do like Star Lord, but if I had to choose between the two I'd pick Gamora in a heartbeat.
-With that said, I'm not happy with some of the omissions. Phoenix Wright, Ammy, Gene and the like disappearing from the roster despite being beloved characters is very disappointing and honestly it does make the roster feel lacking. I do hope DLC will fix it, but that leads into another can of worms, which speaking of...
-Black Panther and Venom being held off for DLC is very disappointing to say the least. Venom was one of my favorite characters from MvC2 and I was looking forward to Black Panther since with a movie coming up, I felt he had a good chance, and now both of them are getting shoved off into DLC and pretty oddly at that. Plus, considering how Capcom has been with DLC lately, I'm kind of wary of the situation.
-BoF got ignored again, why do you hate it so Capcom?

All in all, it's a very basic roster, it hits some of the right notes, but misses a few others as well and it's no surprise that it's gotten as much backlash as it has. I'm hoping the gameplay will make up for it, but we'll see how that goes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alm and Celica fall into the same trap Lyn does (if she's relying on the poll). With HW, one of the things the developers stated was that they couldn't include any ALBW content because the game was too recent for them to do at the time of development. ALBW came out in late 2013, a little less then a year before HW did and yet it still didn't get any content until Legends DLC came into the picture. So with that in mind, SoV could easily fall into the same issue as it's coming out only half a year before FE:W does, which means that the developers may've ran into the same issue they did with ALBW. Thus, it's entirely possible that Alm and Celica won't be in the base roster and will instead be DLC as the team could've overlooked them while focusing on the previously most recent title in Fates.

As for the rest, I am curious what villains they'll choose for the game. Camus and Gharnef seem like good choices, and if there's any villainous dragons they'll use from the games it'd likely be Medeus, but I would like to see Michalis or Walhart as playable characters, especially the latter since Hardin is probably off the table with Mystery being ignored and it'd be cool to have a tin tyrant type character be playable.
Alm and Celica are more likely as DLC.
But one difference to note.
Alm and Celica aren't new characters at all. Shadows of Valentia being a remake, them getting their Awakening dlc at least has a solid footing for fighting styles that are a leg up from Ravio and Yuga being new characters altogether.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A freaking typo is the #1 worldwide trending topic.
@Zebei would be proud.
covfefe.PNG

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Best case scenario is that this list is just an E3 reveal list and not the full roster

I ****in wish
I'd say this is the Bargaining stage, but Dormammu isn't on the list.
Yes I did steal this from Neogaf.

Chrono.

Marvel vs Capcom 4 Female Characters is still my favorite joke.

I'd make a fake logo if I could.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In hindsight Mahvel was less safe than expected. Gory *** Jedah gets in, but no Tolbain who everyone seems to love
I lie to say that, I prefer Jedah over Tolbain. Don't get me wrong, I like him but Jedah character, moveset and seiyuu (It's motherfreaking DIO voice from the the 2D fighting game) just make him my favourite Darkstalker character.
Which is why I am happy that he is finally in another fighting game where they can't reuse his 2D sprite and call it a day. And I can tell you, if they are able to not censor too much his moveset, seeing Jedah in 3D HD is going to be GLORIOUS!

So please Capcom, don't **** him, please. ;(

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So... remember those Sun and Moon episode titles revealed a few days ago that promised Ilima and Olivia would make their anime debuts on June 15 and 22 respectively?

Well, those episode titles are confirmed to be fake. Today, the real episode 30 title that will release on June 15 was revealed, and it's called "Take Good Care of Pikachu."

All I have to say after learning the Ilima and Olivia episode titles were fake and seeing what we're getting instead:

Seems like we're getting another filler episode.

After the disappointment that was Gladion's debut episode, it seemed promising that the plot could move forward with Ilima and Olivia's appearances (the former hasn't appeared in the anime yet as well), but alas, it looks like Ash is still going to be in Melemele for quite some time and not go to Akala just yet.

Guess this also means the chances we'll ever see Ilima in the anime have gone down even lower. I'm concerned if Acerola will even show up at all at some point.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I went to Gamefaqs.

Don't think they're taking this well.
Since when do they take anything well? As soon as this kind of thing drops, out come the vocal minorities with torches and pitchforks, demanding the developers' heads for not making the game exactly as they wanted.

Gotta say, though, if that is the base roster, it's disappointing as hell.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't understand why everyone wants Jon Talbain in MvC so badly. He's cool and all, but his moveset is kind of lackluster compared to other Darkstalkers characters.

I think Jedah is cooler and has a cooler moveset.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Time for thoughts on the characters individually
Arthur:Nice to see him back honestly
Chris: Eh
Chun-Li: Good to see her back
Dante: There would have been riots otherwise I tell you
Firebrand: Glad he made it back, kinda unexpected
Jedah: **** YEAH THIS GORE FEST IS BACK
Monster: Hunter Kinda curious how they'll incorporate the character
Morrigan: The real VS Capcom character
Nemesis: No Wesker, but he's cool
Ryu: Duh
Spencer: BIONIIIIIIIC AAAAAAAAAARM
Strider Hiryu: Glad the guy returned after being DLC
X: Absolute YES
Ant-Man: MCU focus means Rider Lang, right?
Captain America: A classic
Captain Marvel: Not Kamala, am disappointed as such
Doctor Strange: Expected, but neat
Gamora: Eh
Hawkeye: Eh
Hulk: Boooooooo
Iron Man: Good to see EMH's actor back
Nova: For the only non MCU character, pretty underwhelming
Rocket Raccoon/Groot: Neato!
Spiderman: Damn straight
Thor: SocialGod hyyype
Thanos: Expected as DLC, so not too shabby
Ultron: Sweeeeeeeet

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Time for thoughts on the characters individually
Put that in spoilers.

Regardless, looking at that.

I don't actually dislike any character there.

It's just it seems lacking in many regards.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
All I look for in a MvC game is fun over the top fighting gameplay and a good roster. If it can't deliver on both of these fronts it's lost my interest.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't understand why everyone wants Jon Talbain in MvC so badly. He's cool and all, but his moveset is kind of lackluster compared to other Darkstalkers characters.

I think Jedah is cooler and has a cooler moveset.
1: He's a werewolf that knows martial arts and kung-fu.
2: He's one of the few good-hearted Darkstalkers who helps humanity for selfless reasons.
3: His bloodline has history and backstory. Apparently, his father had history with Demetri and was considered by Demetri to be his "best rival."
4: He's British. Easily the best reason.

Last edited:

Chrono.

1: He's a werewolf that knows martial arts and kung-fu.
2: He's one of the few good-hearted Darkstalkers who helps humanity for selfless reasons.
3: His bloodline has history and backstory. Apparently, his father had history with Demetri and was considered by Demetri to be his "best rival."
4: He's British. Easily the best reason.
Yeah but can he behead himself to use his blood and head as projectiles, I didn't think so.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I dont know anything about MvCI but I do know how mad I'd be if Sakurai cut 30 characters from Smash and replaced them with 8.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dont know anything about MvCI but I do know how mad I'd be if Sakurai cut 30 characters from Smash and replaced them with 8.
Well, to be fair, Capcom and Disney aren't like Sakurai.

Also, to be fair, this is clearly more of a reboot than a normal sequel. The fact it doesn't have Marvel VS Capcom 4 as its title is a bit suspicious.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People keep saying "reboot" like it makes it sting less.

It really doesn't.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Check out the roster for Super Smash Bros. Infinite. It's really good and not disappointing at all.
Just a reminder Nintendo has access to use Pokemon and Kirby characters if they want just like how Capcom has access to use X-Men and Fantastic Four characters if they want.
inb4 someone says they actually like this roster.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Meh. If it was a sequel, I'd be pissed off that Wolverine's not there. It being a reboot? Huge difference. It's its own thing overall and intended to not follow previous rules.

I mean, many of the vets are supposedly DLC(and to be fair, Akuma's not directly in MvC1), so that makes it less disappointing. I'm more annoyed at the obvious cash grab here. The starting roster is definitely lackluster, despite being realistic for a reboot. If anything, I hope we get some awesome redesigns too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom