• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing I'll say about PM is this.

I don't get why it gets a dedicated subsection of this site while Smash Flash 2, which was actually built from the ground up instead of being a Brawl mod, doesn't. Either both should or neither should, IMO.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Didn't she talk to Anna about the bouquet, about needing somebody, than mention that quote? I don't know how fast I skipped it, but I thought Caeda said something about Anna needing the bouquet for somebody and that she was talking about partnering Anna with Kiran or something to that degree. :confused:
Well, either way, still good material for taking quotes out of context. Not to mention the best part was finding out "Commander" Anna is not so different from her siblings.
I don't remember much of the dialogue Caeda had in that scene, but I do remember Anna talking about wanting to sell the bouquet and Caeda telling her that she needed the bouquet for someone. She definitely mentioned partnering with Kiran, but not with Anna to my knowledge.

The other dialogue I prominently remembered during the Paralogue was Cordelia in the second map. Charlotte was very enthusiastic about what was going on, but Cordelia's during that scene was basically, "...Why am I here?" Her attitude really fitted her shy appearance in her bridal Heroes art.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I don't remember much of the dialogue Caeda had in that scene, but I do remember Anna talking about wanting to sell the bouquet and Caeda telling her that she needed the bouquet for someone. She definitely mentioned partnering with Kiran, but not with Anna to my knowledge.

The other dialogue I prominently remembered during the Paralogue was Cordelia in the second map. Charlotte was very enthusiastic about what was going on, but Cordelia's during that scene was basically, "...Why am I here?" Her attitude really fitted her shy appearance in her bridal Heroes art.
from my memory she says she cant sell it because its ment for the winner(anna), she then does the paralouge thing where all the characters offer you their service in battle

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I don't get why it gets a dedicated subsection of this site while Smash Flash 2, which was actually built from the ground up instead of being a Brawl mod, doesn't. Either both should or neither should, IMO.
Probably cause one is still part of an official game while the other is a fangame. I can't remember any other fangames to have a section either. Not saying it's a great reason, but it is likely why. Could just ask Xivii?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Not to mention SSF2 is still going on.

PM has since ceased development. Sucks really. I wished the last batch of characters could have gotten released (Knuckles, Lyn, Isaac, and Sami).

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
And yet most of the aspects and content are directly from brawl. The games you listed aren't good comparisons, they may use the same system, but they change most of their aspects and content to where it's a completely different game.

It does make sense to treat Project M like a separate entity from Brawl due to how differently it plays. But it makes more sense to call it what it is, a mod of brawl, rather than a completely different game.
okay
1 having seen skyrim mods that basically add in enough content that couldwarrant be sold as a"new vegas" to skyrim, ya kinda (falskar if your itnrested in looking into ti its a pretty rad mod)
2 Dayz is actually an arma2 mod that was later made into a game but the mod still gets updates, not gonna lie it was a bad move using this when your example actually is a proven thing that exists
3 you lost the plot here completely with call of duty the reason no one calls call of duty a quake 3 mod is because its actually a diffrent game because game engines are re uesed for multiple games example the new assasins creed and the Mario+rabbis game both on the same engine
Honestly, I don't even really care whether someone calls Project M a game or mod, it's just something fun. I'm more bothered by the fact that I'm apparently "wrong" for calling it a game. This whole thing is semantics in the end. If a ton of assets have to be changed for it to be considered a game, then what of sequels that reused a vast majority of them? If it needs to be standalone, what of games that aren't?

Is Halo 2 Anniversary just a mod of Halo 2 or is it it's own game? Is Majora's Mask a mod of Ocarina of Time or is it it's own game? Halo 2 Anniversay can't just be a remaster because it's loaded with new assets, but it's still just Halo 2. Meanwhile Majora's Mask re-uses a ton of assets but has a ton of new content. What of Saints Row IV which uses the exact same world as Saints Row 3?

Does any of this matter?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post
theres a left for dead 3? this is the first im hearing of it
I'm in the same as you. What is Uzbekistan hiding from us? How does Valve connect to this? How deep does this go?!

Honestly, I don't even really care whether someone calls Project M a game or mod, it's just something fun. I'm more bothered by the fact that I'm apparently "wrong" for calling it a game. This whole thing is semantics in the end. If a ton of assets have to be changed for it to be considered a game, then what of sequels that reused a vast majority of them? If it needs to be standalone, what of games that aren't?

Is Halo 2 Anniversary just a mod of Halo 2 or is it it's own game? Is Majora's Mask a mod of Ocarina of Time or is it it's own game? Halo 2 Anniversay can't just be a remaster because it's loaded with new assets, but it's still just Halo 2. Meanwhile Majora's Mask re-uses a ton of assets but has a ton of new content. What of Saints Row IV which uses the exact same world as Saints Row 3?

Does any of this matter?
It is like life.

It does not matter on any level

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Still bad comparisons. They're still a completely new set of files and content. Project M literally uses most of Brawl's files and content.

A better example would be something like Brutal Doom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Still bad comparisons. They still change most of the content of the game, even remakes do. Project M literally uses most of Brawl's files and content. A better comparison would be playing Doom 2 but with mods like Brutal Doom, with custom maps and weapons.
Halo 2 Anniversary isn't a remake though. It retains all of bugs, glitches, and exploits of the original game. In fact, it even has the option to go back to Halo 2's visuals. It's literally Halo 2 but with modern visuals overlayed.
Halo 1 Anniversary was the exact same. They're definitely not just remasters, because they're not just upping the resolution and texture quality, but they're not remakes either.

How many assets need to be changed for something to not just be a "mod"

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Fire emblem warriors.
What we know.

Full Confirmation:
"Almost all" are Archanea/Awakening/Fates.
Will include variety of weapones and classes.
Larger than standard (aprox. 16) starting roster for a first title in a subseries. So ballpark 20-24 depending on circumstances.
Marth, Chrom, and 4 OCs.
Weapon triangle and bonuses (bows on fliers).

"All but confirmed":
Corrin, Xander, and Lobster (first trailer).

Major Popularity Icons from Those Games:
Tiki, Anna, Lucina, Robin, Tharja, Cordelia, Donnel, Azua, Fates Royals (if the Heroes poll can be used as a reference).

Let's Be Real™:
:4myfriends::4feroy: are damn near locks. Popular as hell, Smash, and Amiibo.
Alm and Celica, part of amiibo, part of recency, part of being semi-tied to Marth's games, hold a significant chance.

Major Villains from Those Games:
Michalis, Camus, Gharnef, Medeus, Gangrel, Walhart, Aversa, Validar, Garon.

Just putting this out for roster theorizing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apprently the Wonder Woman movie is going well, which is exciting because I was looking forward to it

I'm going to be curious about the Aquaman movie now

Is it going to be based on his New 52 origin?

Is he gonna fight Black Manta and Ocean Master?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is being a mod a bad thing Kurri?

You're getting rather defensive over this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What I think is dumb is how this site tried to prevent people from discussion the P:M leaks. Like, oh yeah sure discuss leaks for official Smash games all you want, but oh no, you mentioned Lyn and Knuckles were supposed to be in some mod! Quick, delete the post!

The P:M team really needed to get over themselves. That's one reason they have their own section, is because they've got their claws in the staff of the site. Like, you made a mod. A very good mod, but a mod nonetheless. Don't act like your good mod is above reproach or entitled to privileges the site didn't even afford the actual thing.

Also not being able to tamper with the unfinished P:M data is some true and honest nonsense. God forbid the community does what you already did and expand upon an established product... for the benefit of the community.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What I think is dumb is how this site tried to prevent people from discussion the P:M leaks. Like, oh yeah sure discuss leaks for official Smash games all you want, but oh no, you mentioned Lyn and Knuckles were supposed to be in some mod! Quick, delete the post!

The P:M team really needed to get over themselves. That's one reason they have their own section, is because they've got their claws in the staff of the site. Like, you made a mod. A very good mod, but a mod nonetheless. Don't act like your good mod is above reproach or entitled to privileges the site didn't even afford the actual thing.

Also not being able to tamper with the unfinished P:M data is some true and honest nonsense. God forbid the community does what you already did and expand upon an established product... for the benefit of the community.
Completely agree. It would be so much better if people could build off of pm, and legally they can't be touched so that's a BS excuse. I would have let people do what they wanted.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Halo 2 Anniversary isn't a remake though. It retains all of bugs, glitches, and exploits of the original game. In fact, it even has the option to go back to Halo 2's visuals. It's literally Halo 2 but with modern visuals overlayed.
Halo 1 Anniversary was the exact same. They're definitely not just remasters, because they're not just upping the resolution and texture quality, but they're not remakes either.

Unless I'm mistaken, Halo 2 Anniversary doesn't require you to have a copy of the original Halo 2 to play it. Project M does.

Probably the closest sort of "official" release to Project M would be an expansion pack. Something like Touhou Puppet Dance Performance: Shard of Dreams, which adds a lot of new content but still requires the original game to be installed. The only difference between an "expansion" and a "mod" is that expansions are officially produced by the original developer, whereas mods are an unofficial addition to the game.

Chrono.

The whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth that's for sure.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why is being a mod a bad thing Kurri?

You're getting rather defensive over this.
As I've said before
Honestly, I don't even really care whether someone calls Project M a game or mod, it's just something fun. I'm more bothered by the fact that I'm apparently "wrong" for calling it a game.
This whole thing is semantics.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

There's a good reason why tampering with the data wasn't allowed. It's because it could get the original creators of the content(the main PM team) in serious trouble. The problem is they were told to stop PM production. Thus, for their protection, trying to continue the project, no matter who did it, wasn't allowed. It's completely understandable due to that.

D

Deleted member

If someone could mod the new Halo 2 Anniversery visuals into the original Halo 2 on the original x-box, then I'll consider it a mod.

Nevermind that the game is completely different outside of the campaign. The problem is that Project M literally a modified brawl, it may have different gameplay, but the code, files, and content are all the same.(Such as everything on the menu for instance.)

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
So.
Fire emblem warriors.
What we know.

Full Confirmation:
"Almost all" are Archanea/Awakening/Fates.
Will include variety of weapones and classes.
Larger than standard (aprox. 16) starting roster for a first title in a subseries. So ballpark 20-24 depending on circumstances.
Marth, Chrom, and 4 OCs.
Weapon triangle and bonuses (bows on fliers).

"All but confirmed":
Corrin, Xander, and Lobster (first trailer).

Major Popularity Icons from Those Games:
Tiki, Anna, Lucina, Robin, Tharja, Cordelia, Donnel, Azua, Fates Royals (if the Heroes poll can be used as a reference).

Let's Be Real™:
:4myfriends::4feroy: are damn near locks. Popular as hell, Smash, and Amiibo.
Alm and Celica, part of amiibo, part of recency, part of being semi-tied to Marth's games, hold a significant chance.

Major Villains from Those Games:
Michalis, Camus, Gharnef, Medeus, Gangrel, Walhart, Aversa, Validar, Garon.

Just putting this out for roster theorizing.
So has it actually been confirmed that the roster is just going to be Fates, Awakening, and Archanea (that's where Marth is from, right...)? If so then: :(

Also: Wasn't Lyn also popular? Didn't she win a bunch of contests for Heroes?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's a good reason why tampering with the data wasn't allowed. It's because it could get the original creators of the content(the main PM team) in serious trouble. The problem is they were told to stop PM production. Thus, for their protection, trying to continue the project, no matter who did it, wasn't allowed. It's completely understandable due to that.
Not while countless mods that have their system based on existing versions of P:M run rampant. It still utilizes the P:M code and Nintendo (or Konami, or Sega) could just as easily take action against one of those iterations, which would lead them back to P:M. Hell, that Ganon skin that was planned for P:M has shown up in other freely available mods by now.

I'm not suggesting P:M version 3.whatever be made, but the code is out there, still being built upon. But a select few characters are untouchable? Characters that, as P:M was deliberate to make sure of, are already in the game? What is this legal distinction? Other modders can make other Lyns using the P:M template but use the P:M Lyn and we'll see you in court?

Personally I think it tied largely to any possible conflicts regarding the IP they're starting up.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I thought they said they weren't C&D'd?

Their statement was more or less we didn't get C&D'd but we want it to remain that way.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
She did win the female side of the CYL Poll, yes. However it's probably safe to say that the roster for FE Warriors were finalized before the results of the poll were known.

If she's not in the base game I'm willing to bet she's a shoo-in for any DLC they make, though.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Their statement was more or less we didn't get C&D'd but we want it to remain that way.
Nah it was more severe than that. If it was just C&D they could've kept working until that C&D came.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Exactly. If somebody messes with it, they could get in trouble. It's not worth taking that chance.

Not while countless mods that have their system based on existing versions of P:M run rampant. It still utilizes the P:M code and Nintendo (or Konami, or Sega) could just as easily take action against one of those iterations, which would lead them back to P:M. Hell, that Ganon skin that was planned for P:M has shown up in other freely available mods by now.

I'm not suggesting P:M version 3.whatever be made, but the code is out there, still being built upon. But a select few characters are untouchable? Characters that, as P:M was deliberate to make sure of, are already in the game? What is this legal distinction? Other modders can make other Lyns using the P:M template but use the P:M Lyn and we'll see you in court?

Personally I think it tied largely to any possible conflicts regarding the IP they're starting up.
Yes, it could cause trouble. Any changing of the data. Heck, the fact they were hesitant to release the data out of fear of being C&D'd(which would also be more trouble than just that, like fines or jail time) was evident that they didn't find worth taking the chance. It's only reasonable to respect their wishes here. It's not as simple as "nobody should do it" or some moral obligation. It's mainly because the last thing that needs to happen is for them to get in trouble. People can still play the regular PM without issues, of course. But that's it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So has it actually been confirmed that the roster is just going to be Fates, Awakening, and Archanea (that's where Marth is from, right...)? If so then: :(

Archanea is indeed Marth's 2/4 games.

I didn't include Lyn, much like Hector who placed 1st in females and... 3rd(?) in Males in the Heroes poll for a simple reason.
Perfect for a Sequel or DLC. Given the stipulation of "almost" all for the 3 categories, it feels as if specific exceptions were made. The Gaiden Protagonists (who are from Valentia, Archanea's sister continent) and the Smash bois seemed about as far as we could expect.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
She did win the female side of the CYL Poll, yes. However it's probably safe to say that the roster for FE Warriors were finalized before the results of the poll were known.

If she's not in the base game I'm willing to bet she's a shoo-in for any DLC they make, though.
I hope...because if it's just a bunch of awakening and fates characters with marth and some others, then I'm going to be mad and sad at the same time...

I just hope intelligent systems doesn't just decide to completely screw the old fanbase...

Archanea is indeed Marth's 2/4 games.

I didn't include Lyn, much like Hector who placed 1st in females and... 3rd(?) in Males in the Heroes poll for a simple reason.
Perfect for a Sequel or DLC. Given the stipulation of "almost" all for the 3 categories, it feels as if specific exceptions were made. The Gaiden Protagonists (who are from Valentia, Archanea's sister continent) and the Smash bois seemed about as far as we could expect.
You really think that? I hope not.... I'm part of the old fanbase....

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, it could cause trouble. Any changing of the data. Heck, the fact they were hesitant to release the data out of fear of being C&D'd(which would also be more trouble than just that, like fines or jail time) was evident that they didn't find worth taking the chance. It's only reasonable to respect their wishes here. It's not as simple as "nobody should do it" or some moral obligation. It's mainly because the last thing that needs to happen is for them to get in trouble. People can still play the regular PM without issues, of course. But that's it.
But people ARE changing the data! Still! And the PMDT seemingly takes little issue. There are a good handful of mods out right now, still in development, that base themselves, with permission, off the P:M framework. And they are changing the data. They're adding and building onto it. It's not like the code of the game is off limits to modders. And they could all lead back to P:M if it ever went to court. They're just not calling themselves Project M.

I get why the brand of "Project M" isn't being continued. But why can some of the data be salvaged and repurposed, and some can't? These aren't new characters. These are characters already present in Smash AND present in other mods that use P:M as groundwork. AND unreleased skins that were intended for P:M have found their way to other mods with no apparent conflict. So where's the distinction with the other data? Especially since they never actually were given a C&D.

Clearly tampering to some extent is permitted. I'm questioning as to why the line in the sand seems to be so poorly drawn, to the point it might signify ulterior intentions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But people ARE changing the data! Still! And the PMDT seemingly takes little issue. There are a good handful of mods out right now, still in development, that base themselves, with permission, off the P:M framework. And they are changing the data. They're adding and building onto it. It's not like the code of the game is off limits to modders. And they could all lead back to P:M if it ever went to court. They're just not calling themselves Project M.

I get why the brand of "Project M" isn't being continued. But why can some of the data be salvaged and repurposed, and some can't? These aren't new characters. These are characters already present in Smash AND present in other mods that use P:M as groundwork. AND unreleased skins that were intended for P:M have found their way to other mods with no apparent conflict. So where's the distinction with the other data? Especially since they never actually were given a C&D.

Clearly tampering to some extent is permitted. I'm questioning as to why the line in the sand seems to be so poorly drawn, to the point it might signify ulterior intentions.
I don't know any more than what I've said, sorry. You could ask a higher up about it? My guess is by not using the original name of Project M, maybe some think they can get away with it? Maybe the team only care if it's still being called Project M? Once they change the name, they're effectively taking the original creators out of it, thus, they can't be blamed, apparently. But that's just a theory. Overall, you should ask Project M members for more proper details. I may have gotten something wrong(I just told what I understood).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Were they sued then?

I'm confused.
They were not. They didn't receive any legal correspondence from Nintendo. The story they're telling is they learned they would be susceptible to penalties worse than a simple C&D that they were previously unaware of, which required the immediate termination of the mod.

It's a bit strange they have no problems with others still using their code and some unreleased content, and it seems fishy that all this happened around when they were trying to begin their own IP, but that's the story they're sticking to. At least, some of them.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I hope...because if it's just a bunch of awakening and fates characters with marth and some others, then I'm going to be mad and sad at the same time...

I just hope intelligent systems doesn't just decide to completely screw the old fanbase...

You really think that? I hope not.... I'm part of the old fanbase....
Majora's Mask and Wind Waker content got delegated to DLC/Legends while Vanilla HW was OoT, TP, and SS.

This is/would be no different and I will hold personal speculation to it. DLC/FEW2 is perfect for 7+9/10.

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
So I'm thinking about writing a novel sometime in the future...

Majora's Mask and Wind Waker content got delegated to DLC/Legends while Vanilla HW was OoT, TP, and SS.

This is/would be no different and I will hold personal speculation to it. DLC/FEW2 is perfect for 7+9/10.
I guess that makes sense.

You really think they'll make a FE: Warriors 2? They haven't even made a Hyrule Warriors 2...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Once again wrestling gives great reaction images.

When you press taunt but they recover back.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
great news!!

the president of the united states had a stroke on the toilet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom