• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
a new AW game is creating relationships.
They mean making character relationships. Cause Andy doesn't interact much with others in meaningful ways. Let's be honest.

I swear you **** on IS so much I'm surprised you still want AW.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Characters like Black Panther and Black Widow are probably being saved for DLC.
Which if true is just greed.

If this is the case of MvC: I? It should bomb and the series just remain dead because I'm pretty disgusted with that list. And I'm not even upset that a lot of my personal favorites are missing or that the Fox owned properties are gone.

But just that it misses the point of a crossover between these two companies in every single possible way.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So we're just gonna assume that some of the DLC will end up being Venom and Black Panther, given the variant cover thing?

Eh, I should just take my own advice and wait.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm thinking I might take back my position on guest fighters in Injustice because I just realized how lit it'd be if Samurai Jack was ever a guest fighter in one of the games. I mean, it'd be weird as hell to see him in the Netherrealm style but it'd be cool, especially since they already have Phil Lamarr doing double work as Aquaman and John Stewart.
He could work as a premier skin for Robin

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They mean making character relationships. Cause Andy doesn't interact much with others in meaningful ways. Let's be honest.

Character relationships = Waifu's in the minds of IS for the most part.

Yeah it is kinda funny I suppose. What a weird guy I am.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So.
I think MvCi has more cuts than new characters.
Am I right?
Oh big time

Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Capcom Gain
Jedah
Monster Hunter
X

Marvel Loss
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
M.O.D.O.K.
Magneto
Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Wolverine
X-23

Marvel Gain
Ant-Man
Captain Marvel
Gamora
Thanos
Ultron

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The whole roster (bar one Capcom character) leaked.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238619370&postcount=11743

RIP Venom and Wesker

He's not sure on Frank West but he's included anyway

I'm probably really late on this, but this seems lacking on so many levels if true. The game seems to be heavily based on MvC3, but the amount of cuts is absolutely ridiculous, and none of the new characters that are listed (who haven't been announced) particularly interest me.

Plus, there's only three new characters on the Capcom side, four new ones for Marvel (five if you count Thanos, though he was in the 2D games), and all of Marvel's side consists of blatant MCU tie-ins. I get that they aren't going to be too willing to use characters whose movie rights are owned by Fox, but you'd think they'd at least add characters from the Spider-Man side of things (like Doc Ock, who was considered for MvC3) or branch out and go with something crazy like MODOK. (Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Sandman - there's any number of unusual options, and that's just sticking to characters who are fairly well known)

The lack of Clover Studios characters (Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu) is another odd point for me - I have no idea why that would be the case. If this is the legitimate roster, I feel like the game must have been rushed.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I dont even care for whatever game this is but that isnt always the case, my dude
It is sorta. That's pretty much there way of saying "how can we incorporate waifu's to make this game sell?"
I didn't take that as a waifu comment. I took it as this, which Brawl in the Family hit on the head years ago.

Actually untrue for the most part because usage of units in AW is critical for success in the game. Just throwing out units will guarantee you failure unless you're Colin or Hachi. FE on the other hand has like dozens of characters that always sit out on battles after their debut chapter. You grab you're OP units and you go to town with your foes.

Though it can work both ways I suppose.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gamora just stands out to me. Gamora over Starlord and Black Widow just rings really false to me.

And I actually prefer Gamora OVER Widow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I do believe they mean somewhat emulate the relationship system that has made FE what it has become, even if the two wouldn't be identical.

Once they figure out how to make COs hook up we'll probs get another AW. :3

If that's the case, why did they get rid of Paper Peach's actually good tier characterisation in the recent Paper Mario games?
Because only Miyamoto is allowed to pet Peach's face. Not us troglodytes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh i just noticed something that intresting, in the scan showing off the ocs we see a pic of a cutscene where all 4 currently known os are running and Fem blonde OC appears to be weilding a spear
This image is only proof that blondes are overrated. :troll:

D

Deleted member

----------------

And because I need to say something constructive (not like I ever do anyway lol)...

Here's a fun question I've been thinking of for FE Echoes players.

Are there any characters that everyone says are bad units but have been great for you and vice versa? Assuming you don't go out of your way to grind them of course.

For me, Forsyth has been amazing but everyone says he's bad. I think I got pretty lucky with his growths though, not to mention the man has been a Crit machine even since early on (he very frequently landed 7% Crits, once doing so six times in a row).

On the other end, everyone raves about Mathilda but I've not found her that useful, by the time I got her, the enemies seemed to be too strong for her to take any hits (even magic attacks are too strong and she's supposed to be a solid Res tank). She also has felt lacking in damage even when I give her my best weapons. Clair ended up filling the niche I think Mathilda normally fills, but my Clair is generally a monster though so it's to be expected.

Now that I think of it, I heard Clair was supposed to be rubbish, and I thought so for a while as well, but I started using her a bit more and gave her a good weapon and suddenly she grew rapidly. Now she's one of my best units and actually has the second highest rating on my team, with Alm being first. Then again, I haven't checked that out since getting the two teams to join together so Celica at least might have a higher rating.
Everyone says Clive is either **** or not!Mathilda but he's been doing good so far with doubling being his only issue(though that problem is far from being exclusibe to him), 8 Mov is great.
Lukas is my strongest unit on Alm's side despite everyone saying Knights are bad.
Mage!Kliff is literally the best Mage, even comparing to Celica's side.

Alternatively, units that everyone says are great but have not been doing so great:
Alm, he can't double Cavaliers and that's hurting him a lot. Sure I gave him the Bolt Sword but everyone talks about how he becomes a beast with that thing.
Palla and Catria have subpar damage and can't even get close to the action in the Desert Stronghold aka the first map they're in and everyone says how they're literally the best units of the game with flying and high Mov but that has been doing **** for me so far.
It is sorta. That's pretty much there way of saying "how can we incorporate waifu's to make this game sell?"

Actually untrue for the most part because usage of units in AW is critical for success in the game. Just throwing out units will guarantee you failure unless you're Colin or Hachi. FE on the other hand has like dozens of characters that always sit out on battles after their debut chapter. You grab you're OP units and you go to town with your foes.

Though it can work both ways I suppose.
The only reason benching is a thing is because there are limited deployment slots.
Still, the argument is that the units in AW don't have any character to them, shich is part of the appeal and reason FE is such a success: every unit has a story and you can learn more about them the more you use them.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Sigh... as always, N3ON N3ON , your signature makes me really wish Isaac was in Smash right now! I don't care if people think he's another anime swordsman (that argument is terrible as is and will always remain a terrible argument), I want to play as a blonde haired earth adept with a golden scarf! If necessary, give him an axe or anything that's not a sword; that'll make him stand out! :b:

Maybe Smash Switch will finally be his lucky break if his ballot results were high enough? :o

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Here's a fun question I've been thinking of for FE Echoes players.

Are there any characters that everyone says are bad units but have been great for you and vice versa? Assuming you don't go out of your way to grind them of course.

For me, Forsyth has been amazing but everyone says he's bad. I think I got pretty lucky with his growths though, not to mention the man has been a Crit machine even since early on (he very frequently landed 7% Crits, once doing so six times in a row).
Forsyth ended up pretty decent for me as well, actually. Not a crit machine or anything, but for what he is, an armour knight, he did that job well. He outdid Lukas in everything except defence, but he was only two points behind, which is easily fixed with a shield. Actually being able to double the occasional enemy while taking only 1 damage came in pretty handy. All my knights did well, actually; Celica was never getting anywhere near the tower of Duma without Valbar on her side.

Not sure if it counts exactly, but I never see anyone recommend to make Tobin a mercenary, and Gray an archer, and yet for me, that combination just about broke the game in half. I never do any grinding at all, and yet Tobin still fought enough battles to be able to do the Dread Fighter > Villager loop by about halfway through Act 4. Gray with the Parthia was excellent, as well.

Clive, Python, and Atlas remained terrible, though. Clair had a rough time, too; even in her traditional strong suit of speed, she lost pretty badly to Catria and Est.

As for the opposite question, of units everyone says are great but turned out bad for me? Not a single mercenary on Celica's party proved to be worth a damn for me. Even the mighty Saber was reduced to a mere bench-warmer by Act 4. He got exactly 0 strength growths in the entire game; even trying to feed him kills just to drag him up to Dread Fighter just wasn't working. Kamui fared a little better, but still not good enough. Ultimately I didn't really mind, units like Leon and Mae were more than able to carry the extra weight, so I still ended up finding the game relatively easy even without a Dread Fighter to handle all the mages Celica has to face later on.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For MvCI, I'm disappointed that they didn't add:
Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, and Star-Lord

And upset that they cut:
Phoenix Wright and Ghost Rider
despite the latter being in the MCU.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they kept Captain America, Iron Man, and Doctor Strange, but dammit all, the only newcomer I'm actually excited for is
Ant-Man

...That being said, I'm incredibly excited to see how he plays.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im just sitting here thinking, man you know what would be cool? a new mario 3-on-3 hoops

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No son, No its not. You just think that because you always put Waifus with IS. Believe it or not, but FE characters have very good relationships ie Tobin and Gray and Forsyth and Python, the best bros in exsistance

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I do believe they mean somewhat emulate the relationship system that has made FE what it has become, even if the two wouldn't be identical.

Once they figure out how to make COs hook up we'll probs get another AW. :3
Here's hoping Andy X Sonja becomes canon.
Everyone says Clive is either **** or not!Mathilda but he's been doing good so far with doubling being his only issue(though that problem is far from being exclusibe to him), 8 Mov is great.
Lukas is my strongest unit on Alm's side despite everyone saying Knights are bad.
Mage!Kliff is literally the best Mage, even comparing to Celica's side.

Alternatively, units that everyone says are great but have not been doing so great:
Alm, he can't double Cavaliers and that's hurting him a lot. Sure I gave him the Bolt Sword but everyone talks about how he becomes a beast with that thing.
Palla and Catria have subpar damage and can't even get close to the action in the Desert Stronghold aka the first map they're in and everyone says how they're literally the best units of the game with flying and high Mov but that has been doing **** for me so far.

The only reason benching is a thing is because there are limited deployment slots.
Still, the argument is that the units in AW don't have any character to them, shich is part of the appeal and reason FE is such a success: every unit has a story and you can learn more about them the more you use them.

Yes and half of them nobody honestly cares about. Lets be real here lol.

AW has always been gameplay first story second which I guess can be argued a weakness of the series but I think it's what makes it unique. Of course a more story focused AW could make it sell better but AW has always typical thrived on it's gameplay. It's what the series is known for.

D

Deleted member

Here's hoping Andy X Sonja becomes canon.

Yes and half of them nobody honestly cares about. Lets be real here lol.

AW has always been gameplay first story second which I guess can be argued a weakness of the series but I think it's what makes it unique. Of course a more story focused AW could make it sell better but AW has always typical thrived on it's gameplay. It's what the series is known for.
I don't see your point.
There's an unit for everyone and a player for every character in FE.
Except Wolt, **** that guy, no one loves him.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I don't mind a smaller roster for MvCI. For what is basically a reboot, it makes sense to start smallish again and work back up. That being said, if the leaked roster is true (granted I sill don't really believe it), it honestly looks pretty mediocre and conservative.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't see your point.
There's an unit for everyone and a player for every character in FE.
Except Wolt, **** that guy, no one loves him.

Story is limited to the CO's. Personally I wouldn't be interested in learning about any of the AW units. They're much better left off being generic.

That being said more emphasis on the CO's could make the game more interesting. Still should be gameplay first though.

And yes even rnintendo has picked up on this. I agree with the first commenter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6e6ql3/the_reason_why_we_havent_gotten_a_new_advance/

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sigh... as always, N3ON N3ON , your signature makes me really wish Isaac was in Smash right now! I don't care if people think he's another anime swordsman (that argument is terrible as is and will always remain a terrible argument), I want to play as a blonde haired earth adept with a golden scarf! If necessary, give him an axe or anything that's not a sword; that'll make him stand out! :b:

Maybe Smash Switch will finally be his lucky break if his ballot results were high enough? :o
You and me both, hun.

And people will always chalk Isaac up to yet another anime swordsmen when 1) it's not like even if that were true that would prevent his inclusion and 2) it's, quite the departure from the reality of the situation. Yet it remains what is apparent on the surface so those unfamiliar with the series or character will use that claim any chance they get. Though even his AT didn't use the sword. However obviously Sakurai looks past the surface, so it's not an argument that would hold any actual merit.

That said, he should use his sword in the moveset. It's part of his method of combat, it's just one of many. The focus should be on his geomancy, of course. But I wouldn't swap out the sword for something like an axe, as that would betray the core of the character. He can use an axe but he's hardly known for it. It'd be like weaponry tokenism. It'd be like making Pit's primary weapon the Ore Club. Just balance swordplay with all his other capabilities and you've still got a hell of a unique character. Though obviously it's not his potential that's keeping him out. :/

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is why I hate the idea of a Smash reboot.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that's ok with the idea of MvCI having less characters than MvC3?

They've said repeatedly that the roster is story-based and the game itself feels more like a reboot of the whole Marvel vs. Capcom concept than a "sequel".

Chrono.

Story is limited to the CO's. Personally I wouldn't be interested in learning about any of the AW units. They're much better left off being generic.

That being said more emphasis on the CO's could make the game more interesting. Still should be gameplay first though.

And yes even rnintendo has picked up on this. I agree with the first commenter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6e6ql3/the_reason_why_we_havent_gotten_a_new_advance/
I agree with the dude that said that a simple plot is better than whatever the **** happened in Fates.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You and me both, hun.

And people will always chalk Isaac up to yet another anime swordsmen when 1) it's not like even if that were true that would prevent his inclusion and 2) it's, quite the departure from the reality of the situation. Yet it remains what is apparent on the surface so those unfamiliar with the series or character will use that claim any chance they get. Though even his AT didn't use the sword. However obviously Sakurai looks past the surface, so it's not an argument that would hold any actual merit.

That said, he should use his sword in the moveset. It's part of his method of combat, it's just one of many. The focus should be on his geomancy, of course. But I wouldn't swap out the sword for something like an axe, as that would betray the core of the character. He can use an axe but he's hardly known for it. It'd be like weaponry tokenism. It'd be like making Pit's primary weapon the Ore Club. Just balance it with all his other capabilities and you've still got a hell of a unique character. Though obviously it's not his potential that's keeping him out. :/
You know, I just realized that Isaac never uses his sword in his Assist Trophy for Brawl; just the Move Psynergy and nothing more. Still though, if I continue to see the argument of him being just another anime swordsmen from those who believe that should always be the case, they will be ignored by me as its gotten stale at this point.

I suppose you're right here; I think it would betray his character as a whole if he wasn't given the Sol Blade, per say (that would obviously be the weapon they give him for his moveset, but they could go for a generic sword if need-be). His earth based powers will still remain the primary focus of the character as that's what makes him unique (alongside the Djinn system). If I had to make a guess as to what's keeping him out, its because of a lack of a new game after Dark Dawn? Perhaps he's not as popular in Japan as he is in the West?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't mind MvCI's roster being lighter than MvC3's. More characters will come eventually. It's just that this one seem boring af and super MCU pandery, even to levels unexpected in the current age of MCU domination.

And I don't even know where the current leaks stand, it just seemed that way ever since that last trailer. But what I've gathered recently has only reinforced the belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom