• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
97% Approval on RT with 67 reviews
Mathematically clinched a Certified Fresh status.

DC finally gets a Huge Win.
Im getting that poster, brah.
But what if DC takes another L in the future?

Burruni

Smash Hero
So. To catch up on today's news.

1) Calling the Smash leak false.
2) I'm not pulling for a waifu. I need a someone to kill blue (and green) mages. Such was not here.
3) Fire emblem warriors confirms 2 of it's 5 "known" characters and adds 4 ocs? Mrgrgr. Almost all is gonna be Marth's Tales + 13/14, meeeeh. Hope the cast gets varied enough.
4) MvCi leak, if true, is a no purchase.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why do all my mains for fighting games just disappear?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The whole roster (bar one Capcom character) leaked.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238619370&postcount=11743

RIP Venom and Wesker

He's not sure on Frank West but he's included anyway

Dang, and here I was about to do a write up. Now to wait for the Maximilian General Thoughts video. In full honesty though, I'm actually content with that roster (for now).

At least a certain character's theme song is back.

Also DLC Confirmation:

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If any of you are going around that MvCI thread, can you ask if there's any more Megaman characters? Or is it just X and Sigma?

EDIT: Welp, there is my answer. :V

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am so disappointed Wright isn't there.

He seems like a no brainer.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Imagine if the roster for the next brand new Smash is half the size of Smash for Wii U and doesn't feature any Pokémon or Starfox characters.

That's basicly what this feels like.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

----------------

And because I need to say something constructive (not like I ever do anyway lol)...

Here's a fun question I've been thinking of for FE Echoes players.

Are there any characters that everyone says are bad units but have been great for you and vice versa? Assuming you don't go out of your way to grind them of course.

For me, Forsyth has been amazing but everyone says he's bad. I think I got pretty lucky with his growths though, not to mention the man has been a Crit machine even since early on (he very frequently landed 7% Crits, once doing so six times in a row).

On the other end, everyone raves about Mathilda but I've not found her that useful, by the time I got her, the enemies seemed to be too strong for her to take any hits (even magic attacks are too strong and she's supposed to be a solid Res tank). She also has felt lacking in damage even when I give her my best weapons. Clair ended up filling the niche I think Mathilda normally fills, but my Clair is generally a monster though so it's to be expected.

Now that I think of it, I heard Clair was supposed to be rubbish, and I thought so for a while as well, but I started using her a bit more and gave her a good weapon and suddenly she grew rapidly. Now she's one of my best units and actually has the second highest rating on my team, with Alm being first. Then again, I haven't checked that out since getting the two teams to join together so Celica at least might have a higher rating.
Forsyth and Python come to mind from my experience. Many say that Python keeps missing and doesn't do much for an Archer, and while that may be true early in the game, mine became one of my best units later in the game. I gave him an Iron Bow, and he hit reliably most of the time. Later on, he plucked away most units from afar with his pretty good Strength stat. Meanwhile, my Forsyth ended up being one of my best units despite what everyone else is saying. Compared to Lukas, Forsyth had a few points higher in Resistance to the point he could even stand up to Mages pretty nicely.

On Celica's army, some say Boey can be an underwhelming Mage in comparison to Mae, but mine ended up being about as good as her. Part of it is because my Boey got very lucky speed level ups to the point his speed was close to hers.

Chrono.

Imagine if the roster for the next brand new Smash is half the size of Smash for Wii U and doesn't feature any Pokémon or Starfox characters.

That's basicly what this feels like.
Remember when an early rumor for 4 said the roster would be exactly that.

Glad we dodged that bullet.
And they brought back Arthur?
Arthur actually makes sense, he's a classic character.

It's bringing back both him and Firebrand at the same time that makes me scratch my head.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Akuma not being in MvC:I is weird as ****.

He's basically appeared in every game since Children of the Atom (well, except MvC1 but he's technically playable through Ryu).

D

Deleted member

The whole roster (bar one Capcom character) leaked.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238619370&postcount=11743

RIP Venom and Wesker

He's not sure on Frank West but he's included anyway

All things considered, it is a decent roster, but more newcomers would've been nice (only X, the eventual Sigma, and maybe Jedah excite me). The lack of Zero (at least on the base roster) is also disappointing.

Speaking of which, I wonder how he would feel about this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In Memoriam:
Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Marvel Loss
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
M.O.D.O.K.
Magneto
Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Wolverine
X-23

That ****ing hurts.

He's basically appeared in every game since Children of the Atom (well, except MvC1 but he's technically playable through Ryu).
There's always DLC I guess, though he really shouldn't have to be DLC for Mahvel

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, I don't wish to have someone's reputation ruined but that Ryce guy better have his ruined and proven false about MvC:I because that is horrid.

The only thing I sort of like is the unexpected of Gamora over Star Lord. Hell, and her over Black Widow.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sooo....there's a DCU movie that people aren't ******** about for once?

Still feel like I'm the only one who kind of enjoyed Man of Steel...BvS would've been better if it didn't drag on for what seemed like forever...

Chrono.

In Memoriam:
Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Marvel Loss
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
M.O.D.O.K.
Magneto
Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Wolverine
X-23

That ****ing hurts.

There's always DLC I guess, though he really shouldn't have to be DLC for Mahvel

Jesus.

It's even worse when you put it in a list.
He wasn't in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, though
I think he meant Mahvel games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

He wasn't in Mahvel Super Heroes
He wasn't in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, though
We talking about Marvel vs. Capcom series, not Capcom Vs.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that this is all false info, there's no way they ****ed up this bad. It's not reflective of the movies nor the comics nor even Capcom.

I'm playing wait and see.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Capcom side is weeeaaaak. Too many characters from the same franchise, and even then, were Firebrand and Nemesis REALLY the best picks? At least do Wesker instead.

I whole heartery approve of Monster Hunter though. And besides the lack of non Cinematic universe characters the Marvel side is okay.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that this is all false info, there's no way they ****ed up this bad. It's not reflective of the movies nor the comics nor even Capcom.

This guy has been 100% right about MvCI.

:(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just realised that with Sonic Mania releasing in August, that means it releases almost exactly a year after I played the first demo.

It feels like a long time yet no time at all at the same time.

Chrono.

The Capcom side is weeeaaaak. Too many characters from the same franchise, and even then, we're Firebrand and Nemesis REALLY the best picks? At least do Wesker instead.

I whole heartery approve of Monster Hunter though.
I'm kinda surprised GAF are ****ting on Monster Hunter.

He's one of the few things saving that roster imo.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm kinda surprised GAF are ****ting on Monster Hunter.

He's one of the few things saving that roster imo.
For real? Well, GAF will be GAF. That's personally my favorite newcomer.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This guy has been 100% right about MvCI.

:(
You can go wrong.

I mean I'm not saying it's impossible.

But really Gamora? Over Starlord?

Nova? Is it the Richard Rider one? Because that makes zero sense with the books and the movies.

Black Widow missing in action? Despite being the biggest female Marvel face save Carol who is already confirmed?

Like ZILCH of the popular newcoming heroes to comics (Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, etc, etc, etc)

It just reads untrue and bad decision making from not only Capcom but Marvel and Disney.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You can go wrong.

Nova? Is it the Richard Rider one? Because that makes zero sense with the books and the movies.

Black Widow missing in action? Despite being the biggest female Marvel face save Carol who is already confirmed?

Like ZILCH of the popular newcoming heroes to comics (Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, etc, etc, etc)

It just reads untrue and bad decision making from not only Capcom but Marvel and Disney.

Gee, it's almost like bad decisions are part of Capcom's Resume.

I'm not putting ANYTHING past them after SF5.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Jesus.

It's even worse when you put it in a list.
To be fair you can argue that Marvel 2 to 3 had more cuts but Marvel 3 at least introduced plenty of new characters on the base roster. This only has 7 newcomers (really it should be 8 because Sigma but we gotta have money).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Characters like Black Panther and Black Widow are probably being saved for DLC.

Chrono.

You can go wrong.

Thing is, going by SFV's approach of Season 1 which was just a bunch of fan favorites, I can totally see them holding them back for DLC.

And we know all parties involved here love that cash.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm thinking I might take back my position on guest fighters in Injustice because I just realized how lit it'd be if Samurai Jack was ever a guest fighter in one of the games. I mean, it'd be weird as hell to see him in the Netherrealm style but it'd be cool, especially since they already have Phil Lamarr doing double work as Aquaman and John Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom