• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Brides were revealed.
The one with the ponytail was one that I never saw getting brought up, the second one people definitely were right about though.

It's Caeda and Charlotte
Just like Xander, a variant of Charlotte gets added before the normal version. :p

Definitely surprised to see Caeda though. Canonically it makes sense though, since she's Marth's wife and all. Cordelia and Lyn are obviously due to their popularity, while Charlotte makes sense since there was a cipher card of Bride!Charlotte.

Wonder if there'll be a groom event later.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
SonicFox won Injustice 2 to the surprise of no one.

Red Hood looks pretty cool too.

Hope he get's his outfit from his Arkham Knight DLC through gear.
Grifter/Agent 37 Premier skins would be cool too.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The one with the ponytail was one that I never saw getting brought up, the second one people definitely were right about though.

It's Caeda and Charlotte
Everybody was calling Lyn, which is unsurprising due to the ponytail and being the most popular. Charlotte came out of nowhere though. Quite an interesting surprise. Not surprised to see one Awakening character getting a Bride costume and turns out it's Cordelia, which is also unsurprising. Caeda is a nice choice though, considering she is canonically married to Marth.
I'm assuming there are no Grooms due to either it being just "June Brides" or to avoid shipping wars or implied relationships.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

It's Caeda and Charlotte
Now are they gonna show grooms?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

It's Caeda and Charlotte
Didn't expect Charlotte to appear in the banner, but considering that she got a special Cipher promo featuring her in a wedding gown, I guess it makes sense she'd show up for this. Not a fan of her attacking art though. The smile looks too big.

I guess this means the real Charlotte might be showing up in a future banner soon the same way the real Xander was eventually obtainable a shortwhile after the Easter banner (except Xander was obtained through a Grand Hero Battle, while Charlotte would more likely appear in a normal banner).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It's Caeda and Charlotte
Spear Spoon Charlotte is a need.

I find it funny that we got bride Charlotte before actual Charlotte.

...no Bride Tharja is a major letdown though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But what about other similar stuff like bikinis? I see those on my TL all the time and they get a free pass.

And don't get me started on pretty much any and all trading cards for Senran Kagura.

Can't wait for the day I'm shadow banned so I can laugh off the punishment.
Because twitter is stupid and only takes measures when they feel like i

D

Deleted member

King Arthur is the greatest comedy with shaky cam I've ever seen.
You could remove the Arthurian names and it would be unrecognizable as one except for maybe the sword in the stone
Like, Merlin, Lancelot and Guinivere? Hope you didn't expect them to be in this movie but here's Mordred as not!Arthur's son and a pointless villain for the first 5 minutes to quickstart this stupid ass movie that makes Family Guy look like a seriously written show.
The Silhouette they showed looks nothing like Caeda though.

Probably because that's Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Spear Spoon Charlotte is a need.

I find it funny that we got bride Charlotte before actual Charlotte.

...no Bride Tharja is a major letdown though.
Considering Christmas Tree Sword Robin and Reindeer Tharja were found in the data, they're likely the Christmas banner.

I imagine a few people are having. . .emotions about Bride Cordelia and Lyn right now. . .Hopefully they clean up their "emotions" when they are done

Im sure some other people are mad as hell about what "ruined" fire emblem right now too haha.

Spring costumes > Brides

For people who dont speak japanese
LOL Lyn
"This dress was NOT my idea

it occurs to me that Bride cordelia is weird because she can never marry chrom :troll:

Ivander

Smash Legend
English version!

So Caeda, Charlotte and Cordelia share the same effect with their weapons, in which allies get a +2 Def and Res after initiating combat. Caeda also has ATK/RES+2, Charlotte has Wind Boost, which is Boey's Earth Boost, but with SPD+6 rather than DEF+6 and Cordelia has Rally Attack&Speed, which gives Attack&Speed+3.
Lyn is terrifying. Not only does her B skill prevent the foe from counterattacking when she attacks, but her Staff weapon puts on a debuff that prevents the foe from counterattacking. No doubt she will be the one that everybody will try to get.

Edit: Ninja'd on the trailer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of FE, I just beat the map before Barth aka Leather Shield Merc returns!
>Celica crits with Fire
>"oh"
Well, that was anticlimatic
Still, I'm really liking this Act, all of Celica's crew has some AMAZING VA work, especially Mae who's competing with Gray on "memester of the party".
And also because: BOAT MAPS
Who doesn't love boats, amirite?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

It's Caeda and Charlotte
The most useful thing here is probably Lyn's attack staff, which outright stops enemies from attacking for the whole turn. And that means having to try and pull for Lyn, and I don't really like Lyn. And there are no grooms. And Shiida and Cordelia lose their pegasi (a flying archer would have been neat, and might have convinced me to pull). And they added Charlotte. Disgusting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Beserk fans

I mean, she's sexy, there's no denying it, but she canonically abused her kid and ****. She DOES have her moments but they're few and far between imo

Moydoy we can't be friends either
Which reason can you not be friends with Moydow for?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
especially Mae
Cherami Leigh is an excellent VA in general.
Gaige in Borderlands 2, A2 in Nier Automata and Makoto in Persona 5 are some of her other roles that I really liked.

Edit: Elicia Hughes in FMA:B too.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So apparently... Anime Fire Emblem Heroes has characters that look like they're about to get married, but are actually battling instead?

I am going to assume this is for all those people who wanted to see specific popular female characters in the series become brides? >_<

If that's the case, I don't think there's much else to say... other then question if this is intended to be a marketing technique to garner more sales for the game (which it quite obviously is).

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydoy we can't be friends either
I just find Lyn not that interesting as a character, and for some reason her breast size seems to increase every time she shows up these days, so I don't like where they're going with her design.
And Charlotte is probably the second-worst character in the entirety of Fates, with only Peri behind her.

I'm a moderator, so obviously what I say is the law. Enjoy your ban, foolish fool. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seeing the waifu wars and characters I like being affixed to big dumb wedding dresses in battle it sometimes makes me miss the days FE was known for being where that Marth guy was from and the occasional bout of light incest. Simpler times...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Seeing the waifu wars and characters I like being sidled with big dumb wedding dresses in battle it sometimes makes me miss the days FE was known for being where that Marth guy was from and the occasional bout of light incest. Simpler times...
Let's be honest, brides are an interesting change of pace compared to say, swimsuits, like most things do for Summer events.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So apparently... Anime Fire Emblem Heroes has characters that look like they're about to get married, but are actually battling instead?

I am going to assume this is for all those people who wanted to see specific popular female characters in the series become brides? >_<
Yelly Belly, Brides were a DLC class in Awakening
*Berserk
And why is it so bad for them?

Yeah, he likes EO
Clearly, that means he must be the coolest person around
After me, obviously, I'm just 2cool
GUTS WAS STUCK ON A BOAT FOR 7 YEARS
7 GODDAMN YEARS
light incest.
I dunno if I'd call it light
I just find Lyn not that interesting as a character, and for some reason her breast size seems to increase every time she shows up these days, so I don't like where they're going with her design.
And Charlotte is probably the second-worst character in the entirety of Fates, with only Peri behind her.

I'm a moderator, so obviously what I say is the law. Enjoy your ban, foolish fool. :p
What screws Lyn is that she doesn't really get many moments after her tutorial as she could be cut from the game and nothing would change plotwise. And her breast size isn't something about the character, but the artists

Imma call my Toku frendos and kick you so hard you'll trigger a nuke if I get banned

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Big surprise, yet another phone call to ignore. Well listen here, you have doctors to call right? They can be 100% more useful and smarter than I will be because of experience and knowing what to do. So what if she fainted, it's not like I can do anything about it. Not at all.

Just going to lie back and breath. Tired of being responsible for everyone, even if it's life threatening (or pointless like walking a scaredy cat sibling that's afraid of mere fodder like raccoons). Other people exist you know and there's nothing I can do for someone that collapsed.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yelly Belly, Brides were a DLC class in Awakening
Welp; I did not actually know that. Guess I can take back what I said earlier...

Still think it's a bit silly in my eyes (then again, that's just me and the fact I haven't played the games before). I won't go any further then that either way. >_<

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
English version!

So Caeda, Charlotte and Cordelia share the same effect with their weapons, in which allies get a +2 Def and Res after initiating combat. Caeda also has ATK/RES+2, Charlotte has Wind Boost, which is Boey's Earth Boost, but with SPD+6 rather than DEF+6 and Cordelia has Rally Attack&Speed, which gives Attack&Speed+3.
Lyn is terrifying. Not only does her B skill prevent the foe from counterattacking when she attacks, but her Staff weapon puts on a debuff that prevents the foe from counterattacking. No doubt she will be the one that everybody will try to get.

Edit: Ninja'd on the trailer.
Hey, Elise, looks like you have you company in the short, short list of viable healers. Lyn's ability to render an enemy a sitting duck for the rest of your turn for free is a meta changer. Cripple someone who might be a threat, then pick away at them without the fear of getting counterkilled!

The others seem interesting, but it'll depend on their stats. Caeda might be a magic tank we sorely need more of, and Charlotte might have use as a bulky duelist type that's hard to double thanks to Wind Boost.

Now if I could just pull something usable from this current banner, I'd have a clear conscience...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom