• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Red, I know you have a mega upload link with the pika edits somewhere. Bless us (or not). A magician has to keep their secrets after all.
Nope.

Multiple personal caches, but none online.

It's getting pretty extensive now, though:

upload_2017-5-28_15-47-7.png

pretty sure you just grab to dunk
Welp, I'm screwed.

Only thing I'm grabbing is a straw.

Cause I suck.

At grabbing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
KILLER INSTINCT CHARACTER TEASE!!!

Fiddy bux that's Eagle.

EDIT: Yup, Killer Instinct Twitter confirmed.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I don't see many mounted units being playable outside of Camilla and Caeda, and Tecmo Koei is totally gonna make Ike and Lyn dlc since they'd be a guaranteed money stream.
If they go for an expanded roster there's sure to be mounted units.

Plus Xander is basically confirmed, so mounted units are in. That and even in the event of a smaller roster, Frederick has a good shot I feel. In the case of a class based one, cavalier, pegasus knight, and wyvern rider units are all incredibly likely. Just with Pegasus Knights alone there's Caeda, Catria, Palla, Est, Clair, Sumia, and Cordelia, and that's just from the Archanea games.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The only character that I really want for FE: Warriors right now is Takumi. Other characters I'm interested in, but not as much as the number one, would be Oboro, Hinata, Laslow, Nowi, Tiki, Vaike, Virion, and Frederick from the Awakening and Fates games.

If FE: Warriors includes Echoes characters, Python, Forsyth, Lukas, Clive, Mathilda, Clair, Saber, Mae, Boey, Leon, and...
Conrad...
...would be the ones I'd love to see aside from Alm and Celica.

As for potential Sacred Stones characters? Aside from Erika and Ephraim, I'd love to see Joshua and Forde the most, though the latter doesn't seem very likely.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally beat FE Echoes with about 55 hours of play time.

I might do a bit of a write-up on the game. Or maybe I can try my hand at a video review to test the waters on that?

For anyone who has finished the game and maybe has the Alm and Celica amiibo...

Do people recommend I try the amiibo dungeons, or the "Act 6" content first?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For all the Faye haters/disdainers here, I found a pretty funny image you might enjoy:

I can honestly see Faye actually saying that.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That Killer Instinct Top 8 was real cool, granted I only saw the Loser Finals and Grand Finals, but I'd imagine the rest of it was wild too.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys; I noticed something a few days ago on Nintendo's website, but didn't actually decide to bring it up until now:

http://www.nintendo.com/events

Notice how Smash Bros for 3DS is one of the games available to play for the Summer of Play event going on for the next few months? It seems rather strange to have a close to 3 year old game as a playable option among these other more recent and upcoming games (Sun/Moon and Mario Maker 3DS released in November/December 2016, respectively). Honestly, my bet is that they have plans to advertise the Switch version through this version of the game. And in reality, I think it would make perfect sense for them to do something like this; allow those who haven't played Smash before or didn't get the chance to preview the 3DS version before moving on to the next version.

I doubt this means there will be another version of the game on 3DS; if that were the case, we wouldn't get the Ice Climbers and I don't think Nintendo wants to make them not playable for a second time. And yes, there's always the possibility Nintendo is trying to capitalize off the success of the game on the 3DS, but you never know...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just tried Overwatch for the first time thanks to the free weekend event.

It's pretty fun. Gonna have to play it some more later before deciding whether I'd like to buy it or not, though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Really glad Eagle looks nothing like he did in the classic Killer Instinct comics:

He looked like a generic Native American, honestly

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey guys; I noticed something a few days ago on Nintendo's website, but didn't actually decide to bring it up until now:

http://www.nintendo.com/events

Notice how Smash Bros for 3DS is one of the games available to play for the Summer of Play event going on for the next few months? It seems rather strange to have a close to 3 year old game as a playable option among these other more recent and upcoming games (Sun/Moon and Mario Maker 3DS released in November/December 2016, respectively). Honestly, my bet is that they have plans to advertise the Switch version through this version of the game. And in reality, I think it would make perfect sense for them to do something like this; allow those who haven't played Smash before or didn't get the chance to preview the 3DS version before moving on to the next version.

I doubt this means there will be another version of the game on 3DS; if that were the case, we wouldn't get the Ice Climbers and I don't think Nintendo wants to make them not playable for a second time. And yes, there's always the possibility Nintendo is trying to capitalize off the success of the game on the 3DS, but you never know...
You know, I've seen that theory offered for Sun and Moon being shown around places, actually.

Considering the half-life on Pokemon games, it's possible that if one game's doing it. . .

Heck, let's ignore the exceptions and go all the way if we're theorizing this. Mario Maker Switch rumors were a thing once too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
One of my fiends just got Shadowbanned without knowing it.

Twitter can burn in Hell for that one.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, I start the new job at the bookshop tomorrow. That should take my mind off the fact that my fiancee keeps kicking my ass every time she and I play Smash Bros.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If they go for an expanded roster there's sure to be mounted units.

Plus Xander is basically confirmed, so mounted units are in. That and even in the event of a smaller roster, Frederick has a good shot I feel. In the case of a class based one, cavalier, pegasus knight, and wyvern rider units are all incredibly likely. Just with Pegasus Knights alone there's Caeda, Catria, Palla, Est, Clair, Sumia, and Cordelia, and that's just from the Archanea games.
Honestly I forgot Xander rode a horse. In my mind he was a hero ot a paladin.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Why is the new Powerpuff Girls show so bad?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Generally shadow banning means they can still post, but no one else will see it. Generally the person won't even be aware that they're being shadow banned because on their end they're still posting

https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/16/14635030/twitter-shadow-ban-moderation
I can understand that they want the community to be safe from spammers and genuinely hurtful people.

But to shadowban someone that's innocent is basically abusing your power. This isn't right.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

In general I think the word "cringe" is overused to the point of annoyance.

In this case, however, it is entirely justified.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I can understand that they want the community to be safe from spammers and genuinely hurtful people.

But to shadowban someone that's innocent is basically abusing your power. This isn't right.
What if they weren't innocent? Or perhaps miscommunication?

Hell, a lot of people can say or do harmful things without even intending harm, unaware that it even caused harm in the first place. I'm not saying that your friend is guilty, I don't know the situation. But if possible, contacting Twitter about it could lead to some insight.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What if they weren't innocent? Or perhaps miscommunication?

Hell, a lot of people can say or do harmful things without even intending harm, unaware that it even caused harm in the first place. I'm not saying that your friend is guilty, I don't know the situation. But if possible, contacting Twitter about it could lead to some insight.
You know the perfect place to start?

The reason it happened was a because of a "tame" picture according to him, especially when others had posted far worse things.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I genuinely want to know who at Cartoon Network looked at this and said "yeah, that's good, nothing wrong with this."

Characters based of writers happens a lot in cartoons, but this is the worst of it I've ever seen.

Like...why?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've haven't watched a single second of the PPG reboot. And what I'm hearing about it, I should probably keep it that way.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You know the perfect place to start?

The reason it happened was a because of a "tame" picture according to him, especially when others had posted far worse things.
Whether or not others have done worse isn't an excuse though. One person could be speeding at 100 mphs, and another person could be speeding at 75 mphs. The one driving at 75 gets caught, they can't tell the officer, "well someone was driving faster" because in the end they got caught still doing something wrong.

Again, not saying whatever your friend did was in the wrong, in fact I do think Twitter is really bad about how it enforces it's rules (tons of hate groups thrive on Twitter), but that doesn't mean doing lesser means it's okay. If it really wasn't anything wrong, contacting Twitter about it would be the best thing to do.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I haven't watched any episodes of the new Powerpuff Girls because of all the criticisms going against it, but I never would've imagined they'd put a self-insert character that Blossom would obsess over.

Quite the cringe indeed.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Oh my god.... why did they utterly destroy and ruin the Powerpuff Girls with this cringe-worthy content among all the other mistakes this so called "reboot" has made? Who is responsible for this awful change? Who decided it was best to kiddify or tone down this show so that only a younger audience might find a hint of enjoyment out of it? Why even reboot the series in the first place if this was the end result? I'm personally going to blame a combination of the director and Cartoon Network...

Kinda had to get that out there, honestly. This seriously stretches the limits of my frustration with Cartoon Network's sudden change in broadcasting and attempts to revive classic series (Teen Titans Go is not excused from this even if the one positive thing about the whole show is that they brought back the original voice actors). This probably explains why Samurai Jack separated from the network and moved to Adult Swim... besides the fact that it had more mature themes and was far better handled then what Cartoon Network did to the Powerpuff Girls.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Could you post the image here?
Well, no.

Especially given the focus of said image. Better to not risk a warning.

Whether or not others have done worse isn't an excuse though. One person could be speeding at 100 mphs, and another person could be speeding at 75 mphs. The one driving at 75 gets caught, they can't tell the officer, "well someone was driving faster" because in the end they got caught still doing something wrong.

Again, not saying whatever your friend did was in the wrong, in fact I do think Twitter is really bad about how it enforces it's rules (tons of hate groups thrive on Twitter), but that doesn't mean doing lesser means it's okay. If it really wasn't anything wrong, contacting Twitter about it would be the best thing to do.
Especially when similar images were posted by me and several other friends. I can still get notifications from them regardless and I still call this a fluke.
Why not shadow ban all of us at the same time in that case?

Whatever, I'm just going to get to the bottom of this now. They aren't getting way with this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just going to say the idea of shadowbanning reeks of extremism. Just saying.

Might as well use that voice of mines and help.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For anyone who has finished the game and maybe has the Alm and Celica amiibo...

Do people recommend I try the amiibo dungeons, or the "Act 6" content first?
If you haven't touched the amiibo dungeons by now, they're going to feel really easy now that you've beaten the game. They're meant to be played bit by bit as you progress through the game, not all at once. They're still somewhat worthwhile since you can get some handy equipment from them and trade them for silver if nothing else, but don't expect much of a challenge; you can probably pass if you like, unless you need another Brave Sword (maybe evolve it into a Rapier, which is really useful) or two more gold marks or something.

As for the post-game content, I personally found it easy enough with my regular endgame party, though I did forge some weapons before trying to go to the end of it. You can probably go straight for it, I'd say; the first few levels should be fine, at least.
The main things I'd recommend are to bring two archers (Gray and Leon in my case), and give one a forged Killer Bow, and the other Parthia (obtained by forging a Blessed Bow to 3*, and then evolving it), and try to unlock Parthia's skill as soon as possible, since it boosts attack range to 8 tiles - nobody can counter that, even after movement is factored in (except high-movement classes like paladins and bow knights). It will come in very handy for a certain later enemy.

A lot of people do recommend that you do some grinding before going into the post-game dungeon, though, and I can understand why, since once you get past a certain point absolutely everything has "??" HP (i.e. over 52; over 80 in a lot of cases, too), and once you hit floor 9 or so, the monster battles get really dangerous. It's up to you, I guess, though I did no grinding at any point, and always promoted at the earliest opportunity, and still found no real difficulty, so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you haven't touched the amiibo dungeons by now, they're going to feel really easy now that you've beaten the game. They're meant to be played bit by bit as you progress through the game, not all at once. They're still somewhat worthwhile since you can get some handy equipment from them and trade them for silver if nothing else, but don't expect much of a challenge; you can probably pass if you like, unless you need another Brave Sword (maybe evolve it into a Rapier, which is really useful) or two more gold marks or something.

As for the post-game content, I personally found it easy enough with my regular endgame party, though I did forge some weapons before trying to go to the end of it. You can probably go straight for it, I'd say; the first few levels should be fine, at least.
The main things I'd recommend are to bring two archers (Gray and Leon in my case), and give one a forged Killer Bow, and the other Parthia (obtained by forging a Blessed Bow to 3*, and then evolving it), and try to unlock Parthia's skill as soon as possible, since it boosts attack range to 8 tiles - nobody can counter that, even after movement is factored in (except high-movement classes like paladins and bow knights). It will come in very handy for a certain later enemy.

A lot of people do recommend that you do some grinding before going into the post-game dungeon, though, and I can understand why, since once you get past a certain point absolutely everything has "??" HP (i.e. over 52; over 80 in a lot of cases, too), and once you hit floor 9 or so, the monster battles get really dangerous. It's up to you, I guess, though I did no grinding at any point, and always promoted at the earliest opportunity, and still found no real difficulty, so your mileage may vary.
Huh, when I was told that the amiibo dungeons had team rating caps before, I assumed the highest cap was designed with post-game players in mind, so that's unfortunate. Still, I have the amiibo so I'll play the dungeons regardless.

After that I'll just go into the post-game, I'm sure I'll be fine for a while since I had some pretty powerful units on both Alm and Celica's side and now I can mix and match them.

Also, do Alm and Celica have a second promotion? My Alm is a Lv. 19 Hero so I assume he caps at Lv. 20 again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom