• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381620

Well I would certainly be entertained if this rumor turned out to be true.

Nintendo sending their production up to 18 million Switch units for the fiscal year would be hilarious. It'd completely fly in the face of artificial scarcity and outdo the Wii U's entire lifespan in a single year. Combined with the initial 2.7 million that'd put the number of Switches produced year one closer in throwing distance to the Gamecube's entire lifespan than the Wii U's.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so the arms cast really feels like they were made to be put into smash having played enough of the test punch to garuntee my purchase of the full game

like minmins dragon arm has so much potential with how it stays charged up, and never mind riddon girls multiple air dashes, or springmans perma charge, whats more we dont know how long arms has been in development meaning it could easily show up in smash switch with as hard as nintendo is pushing it and even then if a character dosent get in(be it character or assist) one of their arms could get in as an item

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I finally figured out how to recruit Palla and Catria!
Nice. From my experience those two are some of the best in the game, and part of what made the desert stronghold map, Grieth map, and other terrain-unfriendly maps bearable. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
We got some more but rather minor new information about FE: Switch from a French websites interview with three Fire Emblem developers:

http://nintendoeverything.com/switc...eathe-life-into-characters-like-never-before/

The developers mention the Switch will allow for "a completely different Fire Emblem." They also mention FE: Switch will "breathe life into characters like never before."

I feel the the bit about characters could be interpreted as either the entire cast will stand out with few bland/unlikable characters similar to Echoes, or it could go into a waifu direction again like with Awakening and Fates.

Thoughts?
"My Room" features with HD Touch! Now you get to feel where you touch your Waifu. :troll:

I guess they could be just referring to HD graphics and full-body models in good detail. If you think about it, the Switch will be the first time Fire Emblem will be in HD. What else they have in mind is yet to be determined. I guess it depends on the reception to Echoes and how they view and will handle Fates' reception.
At the very least, I hope they keep the gameplay additions and changes that Fates brought. Fates' gameplay additions and changes are actually very good.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Of course... the only time my units crit are when I want them to soften up an enemy for a weaker unit.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Some fans speculate that we could get an open world Fire Emblem game based on the quotes.

Yeah, like that type of gameplay would work well with Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, they are clearly overspeculating.

Just because Breath of the Wild exists, doesn't meant everything needs to be open world.

By that logic, should Kirby be an open world title?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some fans speculate that we could get an open world Fire Emblem game based on the quotes.

Who knows, I worked well with Zelda. It could work with FE. That would be pretty intresting

Last edited:

Chrono.

Kirby could work, maybe not as a full scale open world game, but something like Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey.

Ivander

Smash Legend

That heavily reminds me of that one unreleased Fire Emblem concept for the Wii.

Looking at Echoes and this concept, I wouldn't say an open world Fire Emblem is out of the question. Admittingly, it sounds like it has potential IMO.
But then it wouldn't be Fire Emblem anymore...
This can be said about so many series that have been in different genres. *looks at any Mario title that isn't a platformer* *looks at Metroid Prime* *looks at Final Fantasy Tactics*

Last edited:

Chrono.

I just hope FE Switch isn't as contrived as Fates.

We don't need 3 separate story routes with massive casts, that just makes the narrative a mess outside maybe of supports.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You say that sarcastically, but when I was a kid one of the best parts of Kirby Air Ride was just wondering around the city trial.
Knew someone would bring up City Trial.

Kirby could work, maybe not as a full scale open world game, but something like Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey.
Now something like this would be ideal.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I just hope FE Switch isn't as contrived as Fates.

We don't need 3 separate story routes with massive casts, that just makes the narrative a mess outside maybe of supports.
This. Split release Fire Emblem shouldn't be the future.

If it didn't work the first time, why go for it again?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Is anyone else ridiculously sick of POTC? I never thought I'd say this, especially since I really liked the first two (I didn't see At World's End), but this series has sorta lost its charm, especially Jack Sparrow IMO. It feels like all Johnny Depp has to do anymore is just wobble around and do that weird finger wiggle thing and go "Savvy?" and it makes triple its budget.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is anyone else ridiculously sick of POTC? I never thought I'd say this, especially since I really liked the first two (I didn't see At World's End), but this series has sorta lost its charm, especially Jack Sparrow IMO. It feels like all Johnny Depp has to do anymore is just wobble around and do that weird finger wiggle thing and go "Savvy?" and it makes triple its budget.
I've yet to see a positive reaction to the movie's existence

Also lmao people are whining about a theatre having a woman exclusive screening of the Wonder Woman movie

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Like I've said with Bayformers (You know who I'm talking about), most franchises should come to an end instead.

Better than losing all sense of quality whilst being milked.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This. Split release Fire Emblem shouldn't be the future.

If it didn't work the first time, why go for it again?
Because it still made them a lot of money.
Quality doesn't matter when you still rake the cash in.

Also lmao people are whining about a theatre having a woman exclusive screening of the Wonder Woman movie
Clown exclusive screenings for IT please
Just for those complaining about WW having Women only screenings.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thats not how you say Genny
But for real though Physic, Invoke, and Expel. She the MVP.

Damn Nuibaba is hot.
All of the women are beautiful. I mean look:

:love::love::love::love::love: So many wonderful la--

...Huh?

What is going on?

Wait... stop this at onc--

My mind's telling me nooooo

BUT MY BODY

And thus concludes my review of Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia. I give it a Lukas/10.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Like I've said with Bayformers (You know who I'm talking about), most franchises should come to an end instead.

Better than losing all sense of quality whilst being milked.
Very true, some things just need to be retired. We don't need another Indiana Jones, we don't need a new Blade Runner, and we don't need the Alien prequels. It's just that people see "Franchise that hasn't seen action in over a decade" and see "Money" on top of that. I'm convinced Pirates keeps going because Geoffrey Rush needs a paycheck because he's really not doing anything else (At least to my knowledge, I don't know if he has roles in some British or Australian TV show or not).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
KI top 8 in 30 minutes

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

. I'm convinced Pirates keeps going because Geoffrey Rush needs a paycheck because he's really not doing anything else (At least to my knowledge, I don't know if he has roles in some British or Australian TV show or not).
Barbossa allegedly dies in this anyway

He has some roles going on elsewhere like a documentary about Albert Einstein.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Barbossa allegedly dies in this anyway

He has some roles going on elsewhere like a documentary about Albert Einstein.

Ah, wasn't aware of the documentary, that is cool that he is at least still working on things outside of Pirates.

Also,
I doubt they're killing Barbossa for good because allegedly Davy Jones comes back in the stinger. plus, they "Killed" Jack at the end of 2, that didn't last long either.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so anyone else realize mechanica isnt an arms character? i know that sounds stupid but hear me out
a young genius who made a mech suit that has flight capabilities? where have we heard that before

Chrono.

so anyone else realize mechanica isnt an arms character? i know that sounds stupid but hear me out
a young genius who made a mech suit that has flight capabilities? where have we heard that before
You were right, that indeed sounds stupid.

I kid.

It is rather unlikely though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
New thread title gives me the warm and fuzzies.

And the munchies.

I'd actually prefer the Inklings to not be a landfill of random weapons but instead convey their main gimmick with one weapon, with only specials and smashes utilising different weapon types.

I believe a solid, cohesive set with one central gimmick works better than every move being a different weapon for the sake of it being a different weapon.

For example, Inkling could use the set Splattershot + Subs for the normals, then use Rollers and Chargers for Smashes and then have specials in the Specials.

Inklings don't need a cluster**** of weapons to be unique since the ink mechanic can be conveyed with Splattershot alone
But that's booooring. :006:

Pit's moveset suffers so hard from just being the Palutena Bow with everything else potholed to the specials, and you don't get to see half of the things he actually uses.

Inkling's the same problem. Half of everything is just potholed into one move and the other half is just gone, and what do you get in trade? A dozen different really boring feeble attempts at attacking with the same weapon that don't have all that much different going on. And the Splattershot can do way less than the Palutena Bow ever could.

Even as far as the ink spreading mechanic goes. . .the Splattershot really has only one kind of shot. Ever. If they bothered with that mechanic, having other shot types would allow for other strategies in how to spread ink across the field. Splattershot isn't really that conducive to variety even without being locked onto a 2D plane. You've seen one shot of splatter, you've kind of seen them all.

It's not like I even need much imagination to see moves outside of the boxes that would suit non-Splattershot weapons better. A Dash Attack would better suit a Roller, a jab would better suit a Brush. Heck, jabbing is practically how you fight with a Brush! Do those things with a Splattershot and you've just got kinda. . .blah. The other weapons just outright do a better job than the Splattershot in those positions.
I think there's a middle ground to be struck between these two positions. Inklings likely wouldn't use their entire arsenal, but they would almost certainly use a pretty varied mix of at least their main weapons throughout their moveset.

Kind of working through a mockup moveset as a result - not as a direct response, the conversation just got my brain going. I keep coming back to Splattershot as a spammable neutral special, Splat Bombs as side special, Splatling on side smashes, Dualies peppered in shorter-range tilts and aerials, and probably the Inkjet as recovery. Agree with Cori on Brushes as jabs and Rollers in the dash. I kind of like the idea of Ink Mines as down special the most, although one could make a case for Seekers and Splash Walls. Maybe squid mode replaces their shielding, providing no direct protection but significantly reducing their hitbox and offering absurd mobility.

That leaves a lot of gaps, but I suppose it's a start.

Agreed.

That heavily reminds me of that one unreleased Fire Emblem concept for the Wii.

Looking at Echoes and this concept, I wouldn't say an open world Fire Emblem is out of the question. Admittingly, it sounds like it has potential IMO.

This can be said about so many series that have been in different genres. *looks at any Mario title that isn't a platformer* *looks at Metroid Prime* *looks at Final Fantasy Tactics*
Also agreed, both points.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While only about one in three critics seemed to like Dead Men Tell No Tales, the audience score seems remarkably better.

If I enjoy it more than On Stranger Tides it's a win in my book, at least. I'll probably see it sometime this week.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This comic is all too accurate.

Celica is a master of negotiation.

Status